PDA

View Full Version : tsukasa's hair (opinions?)

Ayaka
10-11-2002, 01:33 AM
Okay so I started out wanting to do a ghetto Tsukasa from .hack//SIGN for Halloween . . . don't ask me how that happened, lol. But then it's wound up being, really, not ghetto at all. oO I guess I'm just crazy that way. It's worth it to scare the people in my quantum physics class, right? ^^

I'm trying to pick a wig, it will probably be used again since I can think of other characters with similar hair, so I don't want a really junky one. I've dealt with this seller before (got my replacement Faye wig from them) and was quite pleased with the quality/etc. BUT this wig doesn't quite have the shape I want, I want it . . . pointier. Can anyone who's styled wigs before tell me if (and how ^^) I can get it more like his hair? Or do you think I should look around for another wig?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=966686456&rd=1

Opinions much appreciated! ^^

Celine
10-11-2002, 02:00 AM
As long as that wig is long enough, and the price works for you, go for it. Wigs which curl under like that can be defeated by gel and HAIRSPRAY. You can do aaaaanything you want with enough hairspray. Just pull the pieces straight (you might cut them also for a jagged look, I dunno the character well enough...) spray it on and use a low heat setting on a hairblower. Instant happy spiky hair. If you add enough hair spray, it won't move and will be basically indestructable... ^^

Ayaka
10-11-2002, 03:41 AM
Yes, I was thinking about doing some minor cutting to get that jagged look. Indestructable spiky hair? *.* I like the sound of that! XD I think I'll put a bid down in the morning . . . it's always a good idea to sleep on eBay stuff. You can wind up buying some nutty stuff if you're shopping online this late, lol. *pretends not to speak from experience* I'm still a bit unsure about the length, I find it's hard to gauge from wig heads . . .

Melchior
10-12-2002, 12:42 AM
someone told me you can do something to synthetic hair with a razor blade that will give it that jagged style. It was something like scraping it along the inside of the wig and it frays it like that. I'm not exactly sure though.

Ayaka
10-12-2002, 02:57 AM
Razor blade? Hmm. Interesting. I'd probably slice myself to bits though . . . oO *bleeds all over white wig*