PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Photog-Anime Expo, LA 2010

Squall-sama
02-15-2010, 10:31 PM
OK, taking a chance here, I might as well suck it up and ask. >.<

Obviously I'm looking for a skilled photographer... or two... or three... XD that will be at or around Anime Expo during AX (June 30-July 4) that might be able to help me out!

I'm going to be cosplaying Yue (http://www.wordwrights.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/yue.jpg) from Card Captor Sakura the last two days of the con (Saturday and Sunday)and maybe somewhere in between... and I'd like to get a decent photoshoot in with him. I'll be running the CLAMP gathering Saturday some time (so come to that too if you have time! XD), but I'm available anytime those two days--I really have no set time as I know photographers like shooting at certains times of the day better than others. So, through communication we could decide on times and days.

I also don't really have any set locations just yet. I know there are a few places around the Convention Center in the less populated areas that I think might be good for a photoshoot, but thats one of the things I have problems with. I just don't know the area well or really any good places that will suit the character.

I have ideas though: Some place industrial looking, clean, streamlined--lots of glass or windows--which is pretty much the whole CC. But Also area's that might have a touch of asian influence in the decorations or designs. And also a place with greenery that doesn't look too out of place or "fake."

I've never had a photoshoot before, so I need help with this. Someone who's experienced and has patience. I have ideas, just not a lot and I don't have any problems with artistic freedoms for the photogs. I would love your help and opinions!

Also, I don't have much in the way of payment--maybe a free lunch in the works? That's one of the reasons why I'm asking for someone who's already going to be at the con, so it's not really out of the way or unplanned.

I would just really like some "professional" looking pics of that cosplay to show people without being embarrassed about the lack of photo-taking skilz.

Thanks much!