PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Evolution

Merle-kun
09-02-2003, 06:32 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find the green 'over shirt' that Rogue has in X-Men Evolution. I have no idea what to call it... I haven't seen anything like it in stores, or online... I could make it probably, but I would rather buy one because it'd look nicer. But anyway, the first pic is for color, it's like a hunter green.

http://merlekun.kumagoro.net/Images/Cosplay/Rogue.gif
http://www.katherinelawrence.com/rogue.gif

libelle
09-02-2003, 10:25 AM
i did that same search, i am trying to do that costume too. That's called a fish net shirt, i looked everywhere and found ones very close but not exaclty like that green color. I found one in a store here in Puerto Rico called "Rainbow", but an olive green color...

I have another issue regarding rogue, actually, I'm trying to dye a shunk of my hair white like hers. I bought Manic Panic Virgin Snow White toner and Im waiting to bleach my strand of hair. Ill let you know what happens... ;)

send me a PM if you want!

~libelle

Merle-kun
09-02-2003, 04:45 PM
All fishnet shirts I've seen cling to the body, the green shirt she's wearing doesn't. The sleeves hang loose at her wrist like normal ones would, the same at her waist.

Well if you don't have any luck dying your hair, there's always getting a wig like I'll have to do =3

http://www.wilshirewigs.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=wigs&Product_Code=wb279

libelle
09-02-2003, 06:19 PM
cool wig! the color is perfect! i would cut the ends a little bit to match rogue's legnth.

I know what u mean by that.. its like an elastic net. I casually found one on my closet but an old fushia short one, to use over a bathing suit... so you could also try looking for it in the beach section of the stores....

also if you find one that's not the right color, try dying it, and remember, as it happened to me, I wanted it to match it exactly like rogue's, but then I remembered its just an animation, and maybe that fish net is just a regular one, its just that theyre not going to draw hundreds of little net holes in every animation cell!... ^__^

good luck!

as for the accesories, I tried also looking for them at Claire's and found some pretty similar to hers.
Where did you get yours?

Dagger
09-02-2003, 06:38 PM
I've seen a shirt kinda like that before. But if you see a tight shirt like that, why don't you just get it a few sizes larger?

I love X-Men Evo, btw. ^_^

Merle-kun
09-02-2003, 07:00 PM
libelle:
Thanks! Took a while to find it again. I have noooo idea why they call it Ebony ^^;; I don't have any of the parts to the costume yet, but if you mean the choker and bracelets I planned to get them at Hot Topic, or an online Goth store.

Dagger :
As far as I know, fishnet shirts are a one size fits most deal. And even if they did come in sizes, I'd have to get a lot larger size than what I wear to get that kinda distance between my wrist and the sleeves. And then I would end up having to alter it to make the body fit, so I'd be better off just making it.

Hitori
09-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Um, that's not fishnet. That's something sheer. I've never seen anything like that in stores, not in anything but black anyways. If you have a surger something like that would be a snap to make. Have you checked out various online goth stores?

Merle-kun
09-02-2003, 07:21 PM
I know it's not fishnet... I've been trying to disprove that ^^; I've checked a lot of online goth stores, and nothing even remotely close to it exists. I know I can make it, but it bugs me that I don't know what it's called and that I can't find one ^^;

Hitori
09-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Let mi see if I can't find out what that's called. I know I should know but I can't remeber at the moment. I've seen it around, but like I said, only in black.

Merle-kun
09-02-2003, 07:56 PM
HAHA! While looking for Rogue pics (And Mystique... I'm thinking of doing her too ^-^) I ran across this hilarious pic!

X-men Horror Picture Show! http://MerleKun.Kumagoro.net/xhps.jpg

The site doesn't like direct linking... so I uploaded it to mine. I got the pic from this site: http://www.megspace.com/arts/lesli/xmen/fanart1.html

Hitori
09-02-2003, 08:02 PM
Wa~ It didn't work for mi.

Merle-kun
09-02-2003, 08:07 PM
I had to edit the link, I didn't know it wouldn't direct link. Look at my last post again. Visit the artist's site, then click on this next link to see the Scooby Doo pic =3

http://www.megspace.com/arts/lesli/xmen/420color.jpg

Hitori
09-02-2003, 08:12 PM
Mwa ha, that's great. I love prof. X. I know this is off topic, but looking at your avatar, you'd make a great Death of the Endless.

Merle-kun
09-02-2003, 08:31 PM
The Prof is the funniest thing in that picture =3 And who/what is Death of the Endless? o.o Links, pics?

(Never mind, I found pics. =3)
She looks simple enough to do... though a bit in need of a real chest because of the cut of her top. Something I just don't have ^^;

DarkindDreamer
09-10-2003, 02:53 AM
shit.. that's a hot character.. what is she from?

Mira Twilight
09-12-2003, 04:36 PM
I love Rogue. :D People should cosplay as more version of her. I want to do the comic version myself. But anyway, if I were you, I'd try to find pine green saffon sheer material. That shirt wouldn't be that hard to make if you used a regular shirt as a pattern reference. That's what I was going to do when I planned it before, but I was lazy and never got around to it. :D I can't wait to see it when you're finished. Rogue's shirt is definately not fishnet.

Natsume
09-13-2003, 01:46 AM
You need a mesh top, not fishnet.

Like:
http://www.laundromatic.net/newauction/item.php?SESSION_ID=26879e5fbbf9a86c14e9bdbc17114e 38&id=de306c7902939e0272ea1705c3db46e0

but green.

Sometimes Forever21 and Wet Seal carry such tops as you're looking for... But not always. I almost bought one once, I *think* at Wet Seal... In yes, hunter green. I actually thought "hey, this would be good for cosplaying Rogue!", but I'm a college student, so I have no money and didn't get it.

You could do Rogue in a slightly different outfit... Still be Rogue-ish, but swap the top for fishnet duster or something. *shrugs*

Edit: Also, you may want to buy a guy's top. Would give that looser fit.

Merle-kun
09-15-2003, 02:12 PM
Oh I knew I could find the fabric, I was just wondering if shirts like that are really made. Something told me that sewing fabric like that wouldn't be a fun thing ^^;; I figured my seams would show pretty badly and it'd look horrible...

But I did pick some up when I was with my mom shopping for my little niece's halloween costume, just in case I couldn't find a shirt like that ^^;

Dagger
09-15-2003, 03:58 PM
That fabric might be hard to sew, but good luck! If you ever decide not to do it, you should do Rogue's 2nd season outfit. It's so pretty and it'd be easier. :)

marsie
09-18-2003, 09:08 PM
OMG I really love that outfit. I may have to do that one. *_*

I have always been a fangirl of Merle-kun's crossplay. He is and always will be my favorite Kris Kristopher.

Merle-kun
10-07-2003, 12:32 PM
Sorry for not replying sooner, I'm in the middle of a big move/visit home. So I'm with out my own internet ^^;;

Dagger: That one would be easier =3 I just really love the first season's outfit. If I get that wig, I'll probably end up doing both outfits ^-^

Marsie: Waaai! You like my Kris? ^-^ That one was like... my 3rd costume. I didn't think anyone liked it ^^; No one knew who I was at Otakon that year ^^;;; I think I was the very first person to cosplay from Battle Athletes. One girl did come up to me on Saturday while I was Kris, and say "If you cosplay as Akari tomorrow, I'll hurt you" ^^;; I guess she didn't want to see me in her workout clothes ^^;;

I really want to do Wong Ling-Pha now, her bike uniform is the target. ^^ But that'd require a custom wig... and that's detering me from starting it ^^; Anyway, it's good to me another BA fan and fangirl of mine! =3

marsie
10-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Well okay the second season....is that skirt black or navy?

Okay for the orginal: Hot Topic!!!! I am purchasing a White Fishnet and dyeing it olive green. ^_^ I will post when I get the results. Hope this helps out Merle!

Merle-kun
10-14-2003, 10:37 AM
Well okay the second season....is that skirt black or navy?

Okay for the orginal: Hot Topic!!!! I am purchasing a White Fishnet and dyeing it olive green. ^_^ I will post when I get the results. Hope this helps out Merle!

Hmm... it looks Navy to me, based on the other blacks in her outfit. Lemme know if that's dyable =3 I never thought to look to see what fishnets were made of. I bought some see through green material for when I do make Rogue... no idea when it'll be though. ^^;

Cherry
10-23-2003, 04:21 AM
Jase, I actually have a catalog sitting here with her near exact shirt. If you want the number, IM me on "wiiiiamturner" or"malice mizer". I'd do her, but. Well u_u;; I want to do Gambit. ::Hang head:: if I could ever find the damn contacts..

SamuriSmurfX
10-30-2003, 04:34 PM
Okay, i know this is totally...kinda...maybe...sorta off, but i...*glompe* love ya!! I was looking for a rouge cosplayer, because im getting more and more obsessed, head over heal type drool thing . Even getting an x-men evo gambit going

but on your subject i know i've seen it, and i'll get looking for you

SamuriSmurfX
10-30-2003, 04:35 PM
Okay, i know this is totally...kinda...maybe...sorta off, but i...*glompe* love ya!! I was looking for a rouge cosplayer, because im getting more and more obsessed, head over heal type drool thing . Even getting an x-men evo gambit going

but on your subject i know i've seen it, and i'll get looking for you
and cherry, if you come back here, i know of gambit contacts....but there near 300 bucks...
anyway bye bye for now

Ryoko-Dono
04-14-2004, 01:11 PM
Wow, I just decided that I want to do a Rogue costume and found this thread.

Majorly helpful. shoutout/thanks to all those who have posted with their fantastic suggestions.

Merle-kun
04-19-2004, 11:43 AM
If anyone's still interested in doing Rogue, I found a great wig for it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3452367400

Currently they have 48 left! =3

.::Rogue::.
11-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Ah'm still interested in this and it just stopped. I really need help with what material to buy. This kinda gotme confussed. Also any good sites for the wig. The auction posted ended.

Ryoko-Dono
11-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Yea, I've been having that problem too. I've considered getting a white wig and dying the rest of the hair an auburn. But I cant find the right color dye for wigs for it.

Merle-kun
11-22-2004, 06:03 PM
Here's the seller's email address... they -may- still have more, I don't know for sure since it's been so long. When emailing them, ask about the "Ebony" wig. The color (as described on ebay) was "RED AUBURN White outer hilite".

WIGGURL@cs.com

Here are some pics of me wearing the wig:

http://www.crossplay.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1
http://www.crossplay.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=62&pos=2
http://www.crossplay.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=62&pos=21
http://www.crossplay.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=62&pos=22
http://www.crossplay.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=62&pos=23

As far as fabrics... the green see through material's easy to tell on sight. I forget the name of the stuff... all you need for the rest is really just clothing, a black spagetti strap top, pvc skirt, black or d.green, tights, and the boots you can either modify some existing ones or make boot covers like I did. I still want to keep improving this costume because I want it to be perfect eventually. So boots are next on my list.

_Sango_
11-22-2004, 08:21 PM
Hi everone. I Love the wig you sugested, nice pics. Ok im done i just had t ocomment. I LOVE PICTURES!

11-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Hey anyone have any ideas about battle Rogue. Ah mean the chest armor. Just thought Ah would ask. And also the overshirt material is called tulle. It can be found at any fabric store,

11-24-2004, 06:57 AM
Oh and the green overshirt is made from tulle so if that helps anyone that's the material.

procrastinator
11-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Don't use mesh or fishnet, it's not right!!! T_T What I would do is get some nice green sheer (if you can't find it in a cloth store, buy a sheer curtain panel and use that) because it's flowy and see through and the right fabric!
I LOVE X-ev and fans who say it's "not real X men omfg" make me sad. XD

Oh and the green overshirt is made from tulle so if that helps anyone that's the material.Try not to double post... and it's not tulle. Tulle is see through, but it's stiff and scratchy and should only be used for making dresses poofy.

11-27-2004, 06:50 PM
Ah completly agree, X men evo is just as good as any other x series. oh and yay, Ah just got my gloves today one step closer to being ROGUE! The double post was a mistake srry.

12-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Well seeing as this has died Ah think Ah will post afew good cosplayers sites. http://disasterpiece.net/ug - an amazing rogue, best Ah have ever seen. Also the best battle rogue cosplay so far is Clefs in my oppinion. If any new ideas come please let me know. An am doing ALL rogue's costumes from evolution so Ah would appresiate help.

12-31-2004, 07:18 PM
This isn't going anywhere. I have a new problem now, does anyone have a good pattern for the shirt?

Merle-kun
12-31-2004, 09:36 PM
Well you could use an existing shirt as a pattern. Or simply go to your local fabric store and flip through their pattern books until you find one you think will work. When I made mine I just used an existing shirt.

~Sango~
01-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Well you could use an existing shirt as a pattern. Or simply go to your local fabric store and flip through their pattern books until you find one you think will work. When I made mine I just used an existing shirt.

Ok now i am looking at a pic of this costume, how would you attach the stiff black colar to the green sheer shirt?

nicki_013
04-02-2008, 04:53 AM
Looking for a Rogue wig for this exact costume and not having any luck at all -_-;; Found the long black one on Ebay but I do not want to get it and cut it all myself. All the links on here do not work anymore it has been so long, so if anyone has any current suggestions I would really appreciate it

Michi
04-02-2008, 05:45 PM
This thread is 3 years old. Your question is specific enough that it'd be better to make a new thread rather than replying to an old thread. :)