PDA

View Full Version : Need a Little Help with Clyde (Orange Ghost from Pac-Man)

Cosplay_Rose
02-18-2010, 03:07 AM
Hey all, I'm looking for some suggestions and feedback on my in-progress Clyde costume.
First, reference picture: http://www.toplessrobot.com/blinkypinkyinkyclyde.jpg

I've already made the main part of the costume. It's a headpiece to be worn with pretty much street clothes. The shirt will be black have the other three ghosts on the front and say "CLYDE" on the back (the same way some shirts say STAFF or SECURITY across the back). The pants will be black sweatpants with the Pac-Man game grid (http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050614/050614_pacman_vmed_1p.widec.jpg) on them.

Pictures of what I have so far are here:
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/282476/

My main problem is, should I bind my chest? Since Clyde is technically a guy, I sort of feel like I should, but I can't decide if it matters enough to go through the trouble. I understand it's ultimately my decision and I shouldn't put myself through extra trouble on other people's account, so I'll be taking all input on that with a grain of salt.

Also, for the pants, should I include the white dots that Pac-Man eats in the game grid design, or leave it at the blue lines? I'll be hand-sewing everything onto the pants, s part of me doesn't want to include the dots, but it's not like I don't have the time or anything.

Other than that, pretty much any feedback is appreciated, but I'm not taking apart what I've already done. Thank you!

Cosplay_Rose
02-21-2010, 04:48 AM
Nobody wants to help me? =[ Where's the love for the old-school video games?

consolerctrl
02-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Cosplay_Rose have you tried orange construction paper. It looks like it could really use it oh and maybe ductape? :bigtu: glad i can help!

Chergnomebyl
02-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Cosplay_Rose have you tried orange construction paper. It looks like it could really use it oh and maybe ductape? :bigtu: glad i can help!

I disagree. I like the way it is now and construction paper has a texture to it..that just wouldn't do the job. Don't use duct tape neither..it's just a waste of time to use it and i'm sure you want to have a clean job.

Anyways I think you should bind your chest so the pictures on your shirt come out flat..then distorted by your boobs XD
I think having the pants plain is pretty much a good thing. Don't want to go overboard with all this pacman stuff, right? : D!

consolerctrl
02-21-2010, 08:28 PM
I disagree. I like the way it is now and construction paper has a texture to it..that just wouldn't do the job. Don't use duct tape neither..it's just a waste of time to use it and i'm sure you want to have a clean job.

Anyways I think you should bind your chest so the pictures on your shirt come out flat..then distorted by your boobs XD
I think having the pants plain is pretty much a good thing. Don't want to go overboard with all this pacman stuff, right? : D!

Wow! You obviously dont know how to cosplay. Construction paper and duct tape are the only things that are gonna make this costume worthwhile....:skidude::skidude::skidude::skidude: :skidude::skidude:

Chergnomebyl
02-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Wow! You obviously dont know how to cosplay. Construction paper and duct tape are the only things that are gonna make this costume worthwhile....:skidude::skidude::skidude::skidude: :skidude::skidude:

That's nice :]

--------------
Anyways, take the nicer way out when dealing with your costume. Duct tape can be used but not for this one. As far as CP...that's a lot of paper to waste.

Cosplay_Rose
02-22-2010, 02:40 AM

Thanks so much for the input ^-^ I've all but given up on binding in general, but maybe I'll try a sports bra for the sake of the images on the shirt. I was mainly curious about whether or not I should try to pass as a guy. Though, I'm not sure i could even with binding and my face covered xD

I kind of don't really want the pants completely plain, because I wouldn't feel right putting all of this work into the other parts and then throwing on a pair of plain black pants. It would make me feel like it wasn't finished. But I suppose they wouldn't get much attention anyway, what with me walking around with a box on my head and all.

Oh, and I'm actually not going to be hand-sewing things onto the pants, I'm going to try using fabric paint instead. I think I can get the same look if not better with paint, but now the question is, do I use paint on the shirt as well for the sake of consistency?

Chergnomebyl
02-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Well maybe your right...You can put some dots on the pants maybe...or those little fruits they have hahha XD! Uhmm...if the paint works out fine and comes out great then yeah, probably do it on the shirt ^_^!

Cosplay_Rose
02-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Well I'll for sure put the blue "wall"0things on the pants, so I'll probably just do that and see how it works. I might also switch the pants to jeans, since I won't be sewing on them -D

Putting the fruits on the pants would look cute too! ^-^ But Pac-Man's shirt will have the fruits on it, so we shall see.

I may stick with felt / fleece for the shirts so they'll be consistent with the head pieces. So that the ghosts on the shirt will match the ghost on my head xD Depends on how lazy I am about sewing when it comes time to do it.

Chergnomebyl
02-22-2010, 07:54 PM
haha well I'm sure with whatever you choose it will come out great ^_^!
So are you switching it to blue jeans or just black ones?

Cosplay_Rose
02-23-2010, 01:51 AM
Ah, black jeans for sure, because I still want to put the blue walls on them.

Funny, slightly random story, I saw a Pac-Man jacket at Hot Topic today in the style that I want to make my pants. I took one look at it and went "Eww, I hope my pants don't come out like that" D= It wasn't poorly-designed or anything, but the colors were so off o.o It was bad. (Orange Pac-Man? No thanks.)

Chergnomebyl
02-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Hahhhaah XD! Well I'm sure you do ALOT better that silly Hot Topic : P.
I see the progress you are making and I think it's going to be...
AWESOME.

Cosplay_Rose
02-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Thank you so much! =D This costume it really fun actually, I'm really glad it's getting such a good response.

Chergnomebyl
02-23-2010, 07:59 PM
haha I'm sure it would. Especially with PacMan being a famous game when we were little dickens. I'd love to see how it comes out at the very end ^_____^!

Cosplay_Rose
02-23-2010, 11:19 PM
I'll definitely post pictures when I'm done =D

Nichura
03-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Not really about this but a huge thank you for the irony. My husband and I were trying, earlier today, to remember the name of that ghost. By the time we got home we forgot so didn't look it up. Seeing this reminded me AND gave the answer. Best of luck!!

allanimecosplay
03-16-2010, 10:24 PM
I like to cheat while watching others play the game. hehe

Cosplay_Rose
03-17-2010, 02:00 AM
Not really about this but a huge thank you for the irony. My husband and I were trying, earlier today, to remember the name of that ghost. By the time we got home we forgot so didn't look it up. Seeing this reminded me AND gave the answer. Best of luck!!

Ahaha, you're welcome xD It's a tricky name to remember.