PDA

View Full Version : Captain Jack Sparrow

Nevernaut
09-02-2003, 01:42 PM
Quite possibly the worst pirate I've ever heard of.

But, then again, I have heard of him.

Anyone got reference pics? I wanna do this so bad...

DarkGunner
09-03-2003, 04:56 AM
Yahoo had a good gallery of pics in their movie section and I know his costume was auctioned off on ebay you may be able to find the pics somewhere in cyber space through a google search.

Casey Catt
09-03-2003, 04:41 PM
The potccostuming ml has a lot of reference pictures for Jack and everyone else in the files section.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/potccostuming/

Tiirz
09-06-2003, 04:18 PM
My SO coined a great way to describe the way he walks; The Drunken Queen Mince...

And be it known that I adore Jack Sparrow, but that does fit him perfectly. ;)

Eccoglyph
09-08-2003, 03:24 PM
My SO coined a great way to describe the way he walks; The Drunken Queen Mince...

And be it known that I adore Jack Sparrow, but that does fit him perfectly. ;)

LOL - according to some article I read, Depp fashioned that walk after his own experience - the way he walked after spending too long in a sauna. Amazing.

Nevernaut
09-09-2003, 07:19 PM
"Drunken Queen Mince"

Yep, that just about sums it up....

Catboi Blues
09-10-2003, 12:55 PM
I thought that he was the best thing since sliced bread. Then again that's probably why I had my outfit ready for opening night. Now I just amuse myself working the Michigan Renaissance Festival dressed as him. ^_^

Lucifer
09-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Actually I read in a magazine that Depp spent time with Keith Richards of the Rolling STones, who acts simularly to the way Jack Sparrow acts. After hearing that I looked into it, and low and behold Richards does walk and act alot like Sparrow.

Sana-chan
09-17-2003, 07:58 AM
I'm working on a Jack costume as well. You can see pics in my gallery ^_^.