PDA

View Full Version : Kazuhiko from Clover help

Sun_Tze
09-02-2003, 09:14 PM
Well, I'm going to cosplay Kazuhiko (From Clover), and I will do the version with the military overcoat (the black one).

So, I had an old overcoat that I can possibly use (check attachement). The only problem is that it's grey instead of black. Can you suggest how to fully transform the overcoat into Kazuhiko's military overcoat?

Pic of Kazuhiko: http://www.atanime.com/v1/i2/images/manga/clover/Clover1Front.jpg

Any help will be apriciated.

Angel Kat III
09-02-2003, 09:53 PM
if its made of cotton or some other natural material (and not waterproof) you can easily dye it black... if you can find somthing big enough to do it in (stay away from the bath tub). or if you are willing you can take the coat apart and use it as a pattern.

~Angel kat III

trance
09-03-2003, 03:38 PM
if it doesn't take to dye, you could try acyrlic paint. i have never tried this, but my friend used it to dye a pair of stretchy gloves, and the color was perfect. the only drawback in that it is stiff.

and if it's plastic based already, you're screwed. :) you can always use it for a pattern though

Sun_Tze
09-03-2003, 03:52 PM
Well, the overcoat is 100% cotton, but it's waterproof.

Anyway, what kind of shops sell acrilic paint (Just say the type of shops, most american shps don't have branches here in Portugal)?

ichigo
09-03-2003, 05:37 PM
May I suggest going to a couple of thrift stores and looking for a black trenchcoat there? Now is an excellent time to go, last I checked there was quite a selection. I think buying a new coat would save you time and probably money. That acrylic paint-thing sounds rough for an entire coat, and I don't even want to think about how long it would take.

trance
09-03-2003, 05:41 PM
well, your typical craft store...oh, don't get the fine arts kind, because you don't need it to be good quality. get the kind that comes in the little bottle and is like, a $. but before you buy 10 of them, i'd do a test run, just to be safe. oh, and i forgot to mention: you want to make a solution out of it first, aka add a lot of water. black will take a few tries, if it works at all. like i said, my friend did it, not me...but in theory, it should work.

but yeah, if all else fails, you could try taking it to a dry cleaning place to see if they could do anything with it. i hope this helps..you could always go grey...

by the way, i'm so glad you're doing kazuhiko! i love clover, and am planning on doing a ora costume soon, i even have the crazy curly hair :)