PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 9 Costume Advice

ChibiDaggerChan
09-02-2003, 10:17 PM
I am hopeing to go to my first convention Anime North soon and I'm wanting to bring several costumes....cause things happen...anyways. I want to make three final fantasy 9 costumes. I have a general Idea of how to make them but I can never say to to the wisdom of others.

The costumes I plan to make are that of Kuja, Dagger ((not Princess Garnet...I want the jumpsuit thing)) and Eiko. I know many people have made these costumes before and have discovered both difficulties and tricks to overcome them. Also with the Kuja costume I need information on how to adapt that for *FEMALE* use....being a girl I dun want anything to hang out. So any and all advice is welcome and appreciated. Just reply here or PM me.

Thank you,
Chibi Dagger Chan

krystal1314
09-03-2003, 12:21 AM
I've made Dagger and Eiko ^^
For Dagger, the jumpsuit was actually a unitard that I dyed and cut accordingly... The peasant top was made using a slightly modified pattern, and her Falcon's Claw was simply crystal that I purchased on Ebay and sculpey ^^ The rest are pretty straight forward ^^
As for Eiko, the hardest part was her yellow jumpsuit thingamajig ^^;; I made that costume for my cousin, so I had her stand while I pin the fabric around her and cut :thumbsup: The details were completed using some eyelets, buckles, and vinyl here and there ^_^
Good luck!!

Michi
09-03-2003, 01:20 AM
Adapt for female use? Just get an ace bandage to cover yourself with. His top isn't THAT high up that it should be too hard. Kuja is easier for females to hide everything in than males, despite being a male costume. :p

Dagger
09-04-2003, 05:57 PM
I made Garnet's jumpsuit before (well obviously... lol). I made the jumpsuit myself and then edited the front. I found a great pattern, I can find the name if you want.

ChibiDaggerChan
09-04-2003, 09:30 PM
I made Garnet's jumpsuit before (well obviously... lol). I made the jumpsuit myself and then edited the front. I found a great pattern, I can find the name if you want.

If you have the pattern number that would be great!

katrinastrife
09-04-2003, 09:35 PM
Hey there! Check out the crossplay tutorial on che=st binding. There's a method of taping yourself down that should keep you ok... so, you can make kuja's costume just like it's supposed to be!

^_^;; Hope that helps! If you can't find the thread, I typed it up, and posted it on my site...

htttp://www.geocities.com/sporkiechan/index.html

There's a link on the main page.

Good luck! And post piccys! (I'm making a kuja costume soon, too! <3)

Dagger
09-06-2003, 06:00 PM
Okay I used Kwik Sew no. 2633- misses catsuits. I used the scoop neck with the straight leg, then didn't sew up the front all the way. You need to use a stretchy fabric meant for swimwear or activewear, like lycra. It's hard to find good fabric though, I was really lucky that it was summertime and I was able to find a great stretchy orange fabric that looked yellow in the light, just like Garnet's. ^_^

Kairi G
09-07-2003, 12:39 PM
For Kuja i suggest building the costume on top of a flesh colored leotard as to avoid exposure ^_^ thats what i plan on doing when i make it for a friend of my next year. you can get these at most dance supply stores, they arent very expensive either. Good Luck!