PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.Com Photoshoot @ Nekocon2003

Eurobeat King
09-03-2003, 01:02 AM
Hey everyone,

With Nekocon about 2 months to go, and it looks like I'll be going (not 100% confirmed until i get my airline tickets..) I might as well start the thread going about the cosplay.com gathering/photoshoot at Nekocon 2003! Here's the preliminary information:

DAY: Saturday, November 8th
TIME: 1:00 or 2:00pm (whichever people are more comfy with)
PLACE: Outdoor courtyard, located at the pool-side

I have to check with Big Danny T (Shastar) to see if he plans to have the Cosplay Mailing List, American Cosplay Paradise, Cos-Men, etc. photoshoots this year, and what time on Saturday he plans to have them. He's a good organizer for those photoshoots, and I've been there to take pics of the groups the past years, so for this one it's my turn to organize! ;)

Here's a picture of what the group and locale looked like last year:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=14280&password=&sort=8&cat=571&page=20

Pretty small, huh? :thumbsup: Well, we'll see to it that it it's bigger, not AX or Ota big, but pretty big.

RULES: 1. If you're a member, please wear a costume to the photoshoot. It can be anything from anime, video-game, j-rock, or original sci-fi/fantasy. Kitty-girl costumes are accepted, since it IS NEKOcon)

2. NO SIGNS, please! I know people might want to make a cosplay.com banner, but it's not neccesary. Other cosplay groups like Cosplay MailingList, ACP, Cosmen (if we bishy-guy cosplayers still do a photoshoot), eechi-parcheesi, etc. don't have banners, and we don't need one. You see me and other members in the picture, you know who we're representin'..

3. We're going to try and organize it that everyone has a chance to be in the shot. The Otakon photoshoot was pretty hectic, and even though Nekocon's won't be as big, I ask that cosplayers please be courteous and line up according to height, so that taller cosplayers are in the back, and shorter cosplayers stand in front of them or kneel in the front. I'll be taking lots of pictures of the group before I join in, so I want to be sure that everyone has a chance to be seen. In the event that the crowd is much bigger than anticipated, and cosplayers are stuck in the back and can't be seen, after taking the first round of group photos I'll ask that cosplayers in the back to step forward so they can get into the shot. It's only fair, ne?

That's all that I can think of for now.. I'll add more rules or comments when I think of them, but the photoshoot seems pretty detailed and simple as it goes. Please feel free to comment back, and also list which costume you'll be wearing for the photoshoot. I'll most likely be wearing either Ohgami or Shinji.

See you at Nekocon!! MEEOWW!!

psythe
09-03-2003, 07:18 AM
Muahahaaa, I'll be there.

Look for Kunzite :bigtu:

Giant Alucard
09-03-2003, 12:41 PM
I'll be there... W00t. Most likly you'll catch me in my Alucard costume, my Battle Royal costume,or I'll go as Junpei...... unsure at the moment. The only thing i am sure about.... Is that I'll be standing at the back of the photo shoot, lol. I think the only thing bigger than me last year was the Gundam Zero cosplayer....LOL.

dizzylizzy
09-03-2003, 04:11 PM
:::hides::: where on earth did that photo come from!? jk. damn i look aweful. GYAH!

hopefully it'll be a bigger group this year! ^^

Sami
09-03-2003, 07:01 PM
I'll be there. Hogtied and dragged down the highway, if I have to. :P

I also have not a clue what I'll be wearing. Heck, I only have 2 confirmed costumes.. @_@ *wilt*

Tora
09-03-2003, 07:06 PM
I missed Otakon's (although now I wonder if I was more lucky than unlucky in that >_>)

So I'll definately be there for this one. For the shoot I'll be in my Inuyasha costume, as per usual ^_^

See ya there!! *elbows Lizzy, Monoyasha and Reiko*

DarkMgcnGirl
09-03-2003, 08:11 PM
I hope I'll be there but I have to talk to Dan about when he wants to schedule the Hall Costume Contest and stuffs ...

hyper o^.^o
09-03-2003, 09:31 PM
*elbows Tora*

White Ninja
09-03-2003, 09:53 PM
i should be there....hopefully.....

cordless runner
09-05-2003, 05:07 PM
*Throws a rock a Tora* Forget about me?
I'll be there...most likely in my Sesshoumaru costume since Tora will be in her Inuyasha one! Hope to meet alot of people there!

UnwantedKikyo
09-05-2003, 05:44 PM
yup im gonna meet u there tora and ur sessy friend too!!!lol im gonna be in my kikyo or mitsuki (from DUAL!)outfit...dunno since im bringing both of em...^_^ see yall there!!!!!

sandruu
09-06-2003, 02:17 AM
AH! I missed the Otakon one too but the entire con was crazy busy. I only say my friends a few time and I knew over 20 people there.

I'll try to be at the Nekocon one but who know what costume I will have? I am kinda limited but I have some plans for cool ones.
-Justin ^_^'

Kellie
09-07-2003, 03:57 AM
I'll be there. In what .. who knows.

Rinkun
09-07-2003, 03:56 PM
i'll definitely be there!

either as Milk Chan from Oh! Super Milk Chan or Killua from Hunter X Hunter (points to icon)

evilchii
09-07-2003, 09:49 PM
i'm really hoping to be there! though i'm still a bit unsure, i'll probably be doin' it up on saturday in my kitty outfit.

Sciguy
09-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Well, if Tora, Reiko, Monoyasha, Sesshy, and Kikyo are going to be there, then I'll probably be there as Miroku. Go lechery!

makonurikoryoko
09-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Ill prolly be there with evilChii being neko-y

Oshi
09-08-2003, 04:57 PM
I missed Otakon's on purpose, cuz I KNEW it'd be way to hectic for my liking >.>;

But yeah I'll be there at Nekocon's, heheh. Likely as either RO Wizard, or 4th Hokage.

Mako-san
09-08-2003, 06:21 PM
YAY!! I'll definately gooo!!
yes Ota's was kinda hectic, it was like a blob of people >_<
I wanted to be in last years pic at Neko but I had to go put on my costume for judging!
Not sure what I'll be wearing its either, Iruka from naruto or something else.

Until then!! :jjacks:

Tora
09-08-2003, 07:55 PM
0_o ack.. Apparently I forgot to elbow a few people there....

*elbows hyper, my BRO, perverted monk-boy, my Kagome,and etc....*

There, better now?

^_^* But yes it's a definate. I reserved one of the rooms today! Just a few more months and it'll be con time again!

Can't wait!

Shastar
09-08-2003, 09:57 PM
Ok, i'm glad I found this thread^_^;;

I have time blocked off in the "panels by the pool" block for 1PM Saturday afternoon.

Hopefully, I'll actually have a costume to wear to it, instead of just appearing in my jeans and "Inexplicable Con Personality" T-Shirt^_^;;

Dan

hyper o^.^o
09-08-2003, 10:26 PM
woohoo I'm not "and etc...." !
*rejoices*
Yeay!!! ^__^

Reiko
09-08-2003, 11:03 PM
*points and laughs at her friends* I'll be there with *pionts again* all my poppets!

Midknight
09-09-2003, 04:19 AM
I had better be there! I missed both Otakon and BAAF shoots... I'll probably be all Vampire-y or Kitty-y or Charlotte Elbourne-y LOL!

::Elbows Reiko, sandruu, Giant Alucard, makonurikoryoko, & evilchii::

Hi hi! See you there!!! ^_^

Yay for local cons!!! XD :heart: :heart: :heart:

minako chan
09-09-2003, 12:54 PM
*raises hand* I'll be there^.^

cordless runner
09-09-2003, 12:56 PM
*nods* yes thats better bro....^_^
*stares at Reiko* Did you just call us all poppets?
LOL
*gives her grape soda* Here you go Reiko!

Reiko
09-10-2003, 02:08 AM
*looks at midnight and smiles with open arms* MY MIYU!! wait have ot get into character as Reiha* I will destory you miyu.. *giggles* okay I have ot wait till neko...

*looks at Sesh and holds onto her boom boom*.....yes.....poppet....*looks at the grape soda* REIKO LOVES GRAPE SODA!!! *jumps on Sesh back*

Midknight
09-10-2003, 02:32 AM
::gets in character and sics Larva on Reiha::

"Get her! And her little doll too!" ::evil Miyu laugh::

::gets out of character::

LOL XD

I can't wait for Nekocon! And I can't miss the photo shoot this time... somebody drag me to it if you have to! ^_^;;

Link Arroway
09-10-2003, 10:48 AM
I'll be there, you can count on Link :D Wearing extra special new Rei costume :D~! You just wait! I'll be appearing othertimes in Yuki costume.

katchoo
09-10-2003, 04:02 PM
I'll be there in a new kitty outfit. *purrs*

ChiiProductions
09-10-2003, 07:39 PM
i finally pick my costume ^_^;; now i have to make it but i'll be at the photo shoot as neko faye yay *skips away*

Reiko
09-10-2003, 09:39 PM
Dont worrry I'll drag ya into it midnight lol

Rei2Rei
09-11-2003, 05:39 PM
Yay! A photoshoot!!

I'll be there and I'll either be wearing my Hitomi or Dilandau costume (Escaflowne)!!

;)

UnwantedKikyo
09-11-2003, 05:58 PM
TORA U FORGOT MEEEEE!!!!!!!!*cries* no one luvs me no more.....oh well but i will still be there ^_^

RHIshida
09-11-2003, 10:09 PM
I'll be there ^-^

Schala
09-11-2003, 10:30 PM
I'm not positive what I'll be wearing yet, but I'll be there! Probably as Robin from WHR. ^^

HealerKou
09-14-2003, 05:32 PM
Well, you know I'll be there ^_^ And, yes, I feel partially responsible for making you go, Al! MUWAHAHAHA!

As for the photoshoot, I'll probably be wearing Leona to it. I keep being indecisive as to what I'm even gonna try to get done for the con, though...

KuroBara
09-15-2003, 09:49 AM
Hmm...I'm guessing Saturday will be Lunar day, so I'll be Jean! See you all there.

Eurobeat King
09-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Cristi: Haha No, you shouldn't feel any sort of responsibility for my decision to go to Nekocon, although you ARE one reason for me going. ;) I have about a hundred reasons to go, give or take a few, and it's a decision that I know I won't regret. :D

Railiens
09-21-2003, 02:43 PM
I might be there too! I'm really looking forward to this con! How often does one get the chance to go to Virgina in the middle of their chilly college school year to cosplay?!

XD

Eurobeat King
09-21-2003, 06:41 PM
Railiens: Stacy, That would be schweet if you could make it to Nekocon. :) Your Utena costume at Otakon was really pretty! I forgot if you were able to make it to the Otakon gathering, but if you missed it I'll make sure you won't miss this one. ;) If you can make it to Neko, what costumes would you bring?

Tsumanne
09-29-2003, 04:55 AM
If I can make it (so far not looking good) I want to cosplay Asuma Shinohara from Patlabor, but I don't know if I'll have it ready yet. If not I'll just wear one of my old costumes. Hopefully I'll get lucky and get at least one day that weekend off.

Link Arroway
09-30-2003, 04:37 PM
So what time is better for everyone? I like Two PM myself

Cri_au_ciel
09-30-2003, 04:58 PM
Should I wear the Platina (Apocripha/0) or Female Meowth cosplay for the photoshoot? -can't make up her mind- ^^"

laamberry
10-04-2003, 10:55 PM
yay! i wanna be in the shot! i'm only 12 but i'm still a hard core anime fan! and inu-yasha cosplayers...*goes chibi style and bows so low that she falls over* I WORSHIP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...anyway*gets up* i'll be dressed as digiko from Di Gi Charat...hope to see you there!

__________________________________________________ _____
random quote from me

i used to be scitsafrinic....but WE'R ok now........lets be kagome now..*puts on kagome outfit and dances around in all her rabid fangirlness.....* seshy...i'm coming for you..but it's your brother i want! *evil grin and laughter* ......bye!

Farmboybob
10-05-2003, 03:58 PM
If I go I will be there. I'll have my BR costume.

Mako-san
10-05-2003, 09:49 PM
2pm is good for me how about everyone else?!!!!

psythe
10-06-2003, 08:18 AM
2PM sounds great, gives me a chance to sleep in :D

Giant Alucard
10-06-2003, 12:06 PM
I'm cool with the time!!

Jessie_James
10-12-2003, 10:43 PM
Me too..As James and Jessie will be there too...doing Inuyasha on Friday

Fory-san
10-13-2003, 06:51 PM
I will definately be going to NekoCon, but as for who I will cosplay as, I really have no clue at this time. ^^;;; lol I was actually planning on doing something really cool for the masquerade though, so stay tuned... ^^

ainslye
10-14-2003, 07:18 PM
Mmm yeah, methinks it's lunar day... I'll be there as Ruby! whee! It's nearing completion....more than half done... ^_^

dizzylizzy
10-14-2003, 11:25 PM
yes jen, it's lunar day! lol i'll be there in my jessica. weeeeeeee!

Giant Alucard
10-15-2003, 11:28 AM
If I manage to finish my Canti costume on time I'm going to go to the photo shoot in that... cause everyone loves a giant robot, lol.

Notorious C.U.Z
10-16-2003, 12:18 PM
I'll be there, it'll be my first cosplay group photo shoot! Look for me as Rumi, the "evil Mima"!

dizzylizzy
10-29-2003, 11:45 PM
::: pokes thread::: fyi, the hall judging starts at 2 but ends around 5 (info from another thread).

the shoot shouldn't interfere, but a few of us can't stay long since we're doing th contest. wooo! ^^

little more than a week!

Eurobeat King
10-30-2003, 01:58 AM
Hey everyone,

"7 days.." :alien: heehee

2pm is probably the best time for us to have the gathering, so beforehand if people want solo pictures of their costumes taken, please go to the pool-area between 1:30pm-2pm so I can take pics by the pool, by the trees near the gates leading to the nearby rooms, or maybe beach-chair poses..

When 2pm draws near, I'll see if Danny (shastar) wants to help me form the gatherings, like Cosp ML, ACP, Cosmen (is that still around??), eechee-parcheesi, and THEN the cosplay.com group. The cosplayers will form BY the gate, backing up far enough so that they're away from the pool edge so that everyone will have room to get in, and not fear the possibility of anyone falling in.. :thumbsup: Photographers will stand on the other side of the pool and snap away, and I'll tell photographers to keep the area in front of cosplayers clear (so that they don't end up in the shot)

Since it's unlikely that the group will be as big as the Otakon one, I'll make sure that everyone gets to be in the shot w/o blocking anyone. Cosplayers can help out by doing the following:

-Taller/bigger cosplayers: please move towards the back of the group, allowing the shorter/smaller cosplayers to be in the front.
-Shorter/smaller cosplayers: Move towards the front of the group, and kneel down on the ground in the front or the side.
-Cosplayers can stand on other people's shoulders, just be careful when doing so..
-If you have big props/weapons, if you can't hold them high-up in the air, stand on the side and point them downwards. (We want to see you and your costume, not just the weapon like it was for some at Otakon.. ehehehe)

I will do my best to organize everyone accordingly, so if you end up lining up and CAN'T be seen, please shout out and I'll find you a spot. And if you arrive LATE, feel free to join in, but please be courteous not to block anyone, and don't worry about being too far to the left/right in the group, since I'll be taking pics from all sides & angles, from the far-left, middle, and far-right. You WILL be in the pictures.. ;) Since I won't be joining the group (maybe, not sure yet) I will be taking lots of pics of the entire group, and I may move closer to get close-ups of people in the group, so i ask that everyone PLEASE be patient when posing for pics, because there will be a lot of photographers taking pics.

MULTIPLE POSES: This is optional, but fun. After we do the primary group pose, I'll announce that if anyone wants to stick around for more group poses, they're welcome to. Those that wish to pose, I'll shout out a pose and cosplayers do their best to imitate the pose. Example: If I shout out "sentai pose", everyone does an ultraman/power-ranger action pose, and hold it for a minute. Then if I shout out "wrestler pose" everyone pose like they're a body-builder. Other example poses/expressions would be: Disco/70's, ParaPara, Gangster, Love & Peace, extremely-happy, extremely-sad, love thy neighbor, attack thy neighbor (just a pose, now!), play dead, yaoi/yuri (again, pretend!), and more. If people have suggestions, shout them out! :D I will take a break after calling out a few poses, and cosplayers can opt to stay in or leave if they wish.

This gathering will be fun, so I look forward to seeing you all there! ciao~ :skidude2:

DarkMgcnGirl
10-30-2003, 07:31 AM
::: pokes thread::: fyi, the hall judging starts at 2 but ends around 5 (info from another thread).

the shoot shouldn't interfere, but a few of us can't stay long since we're doing th contest. wooo! ^^

little more than a week!

Thanks for noting that Lizzy. I hadn't gotten the chance yet. Guess I won't be making the shoots myself. He he he.