PDA

View Full Version : j/w is this con any good?

LadyGackt
09-03-2003, 05:46 PM
^ well the title explains itself ^^;;

Koumori
09-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Depends. What are you looking for in a con?

hikura
09-03-2003, 10:49 PM
This con offered many things dealing with shoujo manga and anime.But offered many other things that anime/manga cons offers to.I went to this years con.While it was a small con this year but i highly enjoyed it.I much prefer the more laid back and relaxed cons such as this.Gives a more personable feel.The dealers room was really really good.Wonderful selection and excellent prices.Had some great guests this year.
It all depends on what you for in a con.

Michela
09-04-2003, 02:52 PM
I agree... the registration lines and Dealer's Room were a DREAM... I waited for less than five minutes at registration (while at Anime Boston, I waited for at least 45 minutes on the first day) and the dealer's room wasn't crowded in the least... it was so pleasant that Jen could maneuver in her wings without whacking anybody! That is an amazing feat for a convention dealer's room. I must say walking around the hall wasn't quite as fun as in a larger convention, but the masquerade and competitions were much more organized and personalized... I had so much fun! It was also much easier to settle down and actually talk to people (while at other cons, I was shouted at if I stayed in one place for over five minutes. -_-) Shoujocon was also one of the only cons where most of the attendees were in costume... mostly, conventions are filled with consumers and a small portion of cosplayers, but this was the most cosplay friendly convention I've ever attended. (Not to mention the halls were wide enough to accomidate my wings! It was amazing ^_^)