PDA

View Full Version : SNK: When worlds Collide at Katsucon

KulaDiamond
09-04-2003, 12:38 AM
*waves* Hello! Anyone up for a KoF get-together/photoshoot/group at Katsucon?

DigitalCactus
09-04-2003, 12:57 AM
*jumps onboard the KoF bandwagon*

I'm planning on debuting my Rugal Bernstein outfit at this coming Katsucon!! BOO YEAH!!

KulaDiamond
09-04-2003, 01:02 AM
Hee...my goal is to be a Falcoon version of Kula for Katsu ^_^V. Can't wait to see you again hee!

Studmaster
09-05-2003, 01:35 PM
If there is to be a KoF Gathering, I shall go as Seth or Goenitz (most likely, Seth)

kerochan
09-05-2003, 01:54 PM
Hmm, depending on when the time for a photoshoot for KOF I can bring my XiangFei costume with me! I couldn't wear it to Otakon but maybe I can for Katsucon.

Maxima
09-05-2003, 08:32 PM
I'm up for it. I'll bring Maxima again, after I fix it up a tad.

KulaDiamond
09-05-2003, 10:19 PM
Hm. If we could get enough ppl together for it would Friday be okay for a day to meet up...?

kerochan
09-08-2003, 09:59 AM
i think friday would be a great day to have a KOF photoshoot!

DigitalCactus
09-08-2003, 11:44 PM
*nods in agreement*

KulaDiamond
09-09-2003, 05:04 AM
hmm....just realized....where are we gonna meet *blink blink* Down near where they have artist's alley and near where the AMVs/Dance/Masquerade is held or uh...?

Maxima
09-09-2003, 11:59 AM
Friday/ Friday night is good with me.

As for a meeting place, the place near the escalators next to artist alley and the Art show is good. So is the lobby by where registration is held.

DigitalCactus
09-10-2003, 02:44 AM
heh i only been to Katsucon once previously I dunno where anythnig is.. well at least I dont remember... but tis a small convention. Im sure we'll find eachother

Maxima
09-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Pick out your Fighters!

Current List (9/11/2003):

Kula - KulaDiamond
Rugal - DigitalCactus
Seth or Geonitz - Studmaster
Maxima - Maxima
Xiangfei - Kerochan

Total: 5 fighters!

I was wondering if we should expand the group to include all the SNK fighters instead of KoF? We could maybe get more people to join. Just a thought.

KulaDiamond
09-13-2003, 06:49 AM
I likes that idea ^_^. Mebbe we could get ppl from Samurai Showdown, MotW, and so on.

Studmaster
09-14-2003, 01:23 PM
I like that idea a lot. Maybe we should change the name to

SNK: When worlds Collide at Katsucon

Just a thought.

Emeralda
09-14-2003, 01:32 PM
If you include Samurai Showdown I'll bring Rimururu!

Well.. I'm bringing her anyway. But I can wear her to the shoot.

Maxima
09-14-2003, 10:15 PM
KOF/AOF/LB/SamSho/FF/FF:MotW Gathering
Current List (9/14/2003):

Kula - KulaDiamond
Rugal - DigitalCactus
Maxima - Maxima
Xiangfei - Kerochan
Rimururu - Emeralda

Total: 6 fighters!

Emeralda - Cool. Which version of her?

I guess that means the name should be changed. What should we change it to? Anybody got any other suggestions, or should we just use SNK: When worlds Collide at Katsucon ?

Emeralda
09-14-2003, 11:43 PM
http://ironmouse.za.org/dragon/rimururu/002/012711.html

But the figure I'm basing it off of doesn't have all the designs on the cuffs and trim. Just standard blocks of color. I don't think I'm ready to kill myself with Ainu designs again -just- yet. I'm still trying to forget THAT trim on Black and gold Bust ver. Nakoruru.

KulaDiamond
09-15-2003, 03:59 AM
I like the "SNK: When Worlds Collide" title. Anyone else?

kerochan
09-15-2003, 10:29 AM
I think it would be a great idea to include more snk costumes! I haven't seen really any others in the past, but it sounds like a good idea.
I don't remember what the setup in Katsucon is like since I went once and only for one day. It should be easy to maneuver right?

Emeralda
09-15-2003, 12:00 PM
Depending on how many of us there are we could meet at different spots. If its 10 or less, we could meet by the bar/lounge area upstairs. (stay away from escalators so staff doesn't yell) Anything more, and I would say downstairs, near where artist's alley usually is. I -almost- said by the fountain, but they took that out.. err.. a long time ago.

Maxima
09-15-2003, 02:31 PM
There is always doing it right on the landing near registration and the dealer's room, but yeah it all depends on how many people we get. We can't really decide on a place in September when the convention is about 5 months away.

Emeralda
09-15-2003, 08:59 PM
Only problem with doing it there, is that its a major throughfare, and staff will get bitchy. I still don't know HOW the Tactis group got away with what we did. Then again, somehow we got roped off. It was like "Please do not feed the Lancer, he bites. "

Link Arroway
09-16-2003, 09:41 AM
:D Can I join? I'll be doing a KoF Character probably. Uhm, Yuki from King of Fighters Kyo right? :D I'm doing as a pair with a friend who is a big fan at NekoCon and I'll probably bring it to Katsu too :D
Emeralda: You use the dragon picture shrines? A group I work with hosts a mirror, but recently that severs been kinda crappy.

KulaDiamond
09-17-2003, 08:28 AM
Only problem with doing it there, is that its a major throughfare, and staff will get bitchy. I still don't know HOW the Tactis group got away with what we did. Then again, somehow we got roped off. It was like "Please do not feed the Lancer, he bites. "

Hm...Well should we gather a big enough group I'd say we keep it downstairs but we have plenty of time to worry about locations so yeah...

Link Arroway yeah join in c'mon it'll be fun ^_^.

Link Arroway
09-17-2003, 09:44 AM
Yay! :D I can't wait. *bounce*

TheLoneWolf
09-18-2003, 06:36 AM
If my ride dosen't flake out on me:
K'
Setsuna - Speed~ Red Version

Studmaster
09-18-2003, 01:23 PM
SNK: Super World Fusion Fight '04 for Katsucon X
Current Roster(9/18/2003):

Kula - KulaDiamond
Rugal - DigitalCactus
Maxima - Maxima
Xiangfei - Kerochan
Rimururu - Emeralda
Yuki - Link Arroway
K and/or Setusna - The Lone Wolf

Total: 8 - 9 fighters!

And I edited the title.

Catboi Blues
10-08-2003, 08:14 PM
I can bring my MotW Terry Bogard.

And I like the title. ^_^

Cyn
10-08-2003, 10:23 PM
Need an Iori? I'll be avialable.

KulaDiamond
10-09-2003, 01:56 PM
Alright we got two more ppl yay! Cyn the more the merrier ^_^V.

Studmaster
10-12-2003, 07:27 AM
SNK: Super World Fusion Fight '04 for Katsucon X
Current Roster(10/12/2003):

Kula - KulaDiamond
Rugal - DigitalCactus
Maxima - Maxima
Xiangfei - Kerochan
Rimururu - Emeralda
Yuki - Link Arroway
Iori - Cyn
Mark of the Wolves Terry Bogard - Catboi Blues

Total: 10 - 11 fighters! Who else will be revealed as the fight comes closer? Stayed tuned to your favorite Katsucon thread.

Cyn
10-20-2003, 11:11 AM
::Pokes the thread to see if there's any life left in it.::

Maxima
10-20-2003, 11:33 AM
Well I think it's still got life, but seeing how the convention is like 4 months away, there is really not much to discuss. ^^;

As time gets closer, I am sure things will pick up because the number of people that could be able to go will rise.

KulaDiamond
10-20-2003, 07:53 PM
Yeaaah this thread got started a while after Otakon. Eh heh...nothing wrong with an early start ^_^V!

Meh, maybe if a group of Capcom ppl get together we could also have a CvS thing going perhaps...? Who knows..?

Cyn
10-20-2003, 11:48 PM
Do I get to hit on a Mai? >_>

KulaDiamond
10-21-2003, 08:20 PM
I'm sure we could get a Mai in the photoshoot now hitting on her er...^^;;. Last year's Katsucon had quite a few Kyo and Mai cosplayers I noticed. Maybe we can get some ppl in at the convention at the last second ^_^.

Michi
10-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Seiya Yagami and I'll be doing something KOF, I'm sure.. We just haven't decided yet. *^^*;

Cyn
10-26-2003, 02:00 AM
I wonder where I can find a large enough white shirt that's curved like Iori's. o.o

Michi
10-26-2003, 01:28 PM
Cyn ~ o.o You might have to make it. :P Or alter one.

Hmmm I guess I might wear Athena. o_o Or uh Mai. Bleh. It'd be an odd looking Fatal Fury Mai, though. I dunno. There's time. *falls over*

...Super World Fusion Fight? x.x That sounds so Capcomish. XD

Eurobeat King
10-26-2003, 01:44 PM
I'll be bringing Hibiki again (1st time to Katsucon) so put me down on the SNK list. ;)

KulaDiamond
11-03-2003, 03:56 AM
Er...attempting a list update ^^;.

Kula - KulaDiamond
Rugal - DigitalCactus
Maxima - Maxima
Xiangfei - Kerochan
Rimururu - Emeralda
Yuki - Link Arroway
Iori - Cyn
Athena or Mai - Michi
Hibiki - Eurobeat King

Michi
11-03-2003, 04:54 AM
Forget Athena.. I'm going to be some sort of Mai. But it's a SECRET. Nyar.

(or if someone else wants to be Mai.. I'll probably finish my Shingo and make Seiya be Kyo :D bwahaha)

KulaDiamond
11-03-2003, 11:28 PM
So then should we put down instead Mai or Shingo? Or for now just leave it as Mai (what secret?!)?

Michi
11-04-2003, 06:59 AM
It's from an artbook. Not at all like her normal outfits. ^^ I want to take it to Katsucon because the area will be good for photos. Ohohoho~

Yeah, Mai or Shingo. o.o

HuongStar
11-04-2003, 08:31 AM
It's from an artbook. Not at all like her normal outfits. ^^ I want to take it to Katsucon because the area will be good for photos. Ohohoho~

Yeah, Mai or Shingo. o.o

Michi, you're coming to Katsu this year? Yay! :)

Michi
11-04-2003, 09:43 AM
Yes I am. ^^ I was already planning to visit my boyfriend near Toronto for Valentine's, and now we're planning on driving down to Katsucon while I'm there. Yay roadtrip. XD But I've always wanted to go to Katsu anyway. ^^ Yaaay so I get to see you? Happy :D!

TheAnarCHris
11-04-2003, 01:07 PM
I might be attending Kats, and chances are if I do, I'll have either my Billy/ CvS Yamizaki/ or sum version of Terry on me.

KulaDiamond
11-05-2003, 12:48 AM
Kula - KulaDiamond
Rugal - DigitalCactus
Maxima - Maxima
Xiangfei - Kerochan
Rimururu - Emeralda
Yuki - Link Arroway
Iori - Cyn
Shingo or Mai - Michi
Hibiki - Eurobeat King
Billy or Yamazaki or Terry - Starwind824

i think i updated it right *dead tired and falls asleep*...

Michi
11-05-2003, 02:47 PM
Seiya Yagami will be Kyo. :D New style from '99 and so forth.

TheLoneWolf
11-09-2003, 11:47 PM
AAh! Decisions, decisions ^^
On request from Seiya, I'll probably have to bring up Shingo at Katsu, and while K' and Setsuna are definates, look out for either Winged Rock Howard or Shingo, whichever time/space/funds permit.

KulaDiamond
11-10-2003, 10:41 PM
*attempts to update list again*

Kula - KulaDiamond
Rugal - DigitalCactus
Maxima - Maxima
Xiangfei - Kerochan
Rimururu - Emeralda
Yuki - Link Arroway
Iori - Cyn
Shingo or Mai - Michi
Hibiki - Eurobeat King
Billy or Yamazaki or Terry - Starwind824
Kyo Kusanagi - Seiya Yagami

TheLoneWolf you want me to add on Shingo and Rock Howard to the list as probably then or definites?

Michi
11-11-2003, 07:47 PM
*looks at list* Yuki? Last Blade or KOF: Kyo? :o

TheLoneWolf
11-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Michi: KoF Kyo She said so on page 2 :p
Kula: Rock or Shingo as a possibility,please ^^

Michi
11-11-2003, 11:11 PM
LoneWolf ~ Yeah, but I didn't join til page 3 and I'm too lazy (too busy and Cosplay.com loads too slowly, actually) to check back. :p

Aww how cute.. a KOF Yuki.. XD If Seiya and I really do attend, I'm afraid you aren't getting this Kyo.. *^^*; He'll be busy with Mai. >_> Or Shingo. o_O

Link Arroway
11-12-2003, 10:25 AM
*looks at list* Yuki? Last Blade or KOF: Kyo? :o
KOF: Kyo :D

TheAnarCHris
11-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Okie good news and bad news
Good news: I'll be there. In a SNK fighting costume
Bad news: No friggin clue who yet. Time/$$ is becoming a factor. Worse comes to worse, I'l be Ralph. Word could always use a few more Ralphses.

Studmaster
11-12-2003, 04:30 PM
World News Network Report. The Latest update on the latest particpants of the World Fusion Fight Tournament to take place at Katsucon X

(The List as of 11/12/03)
Kula - KulaDiamond
Rugal - DigitalCactus
Seth or Goenitz - Studmaster
Maxima - Maxima
Xiangfei - Kerochan
Rimururu - Emeralda
Yuki (KoF) - Link Arroway
Rock or Shingo - The Lone Wolf
Iori - Cyn
Shingo or Mai - Michi
Hibiki - Eurobeat King
Billy or Yamazaki or Terry or Ralph - Starwind824

Current Roster: 14 Fighters

There are 3 months left until the tournament begins. Who else will show up to take part in the battle? Stay tuned.

Okay. More serious details.

Lone Wolf: So K and Setsuna or out, or are they still maybes?

Everyone: Anyone want to throw around a time for the gathering. Personally I say Friday evening maybe 6 , 8ish?

TheAnarCHris
11-12-2003, 10:36 PM
Alright, alirght, I found a character to cosplay.

JIMMY!

Who's Jimmy you ask. Surely you've all heard of "Double Dragon" no? Well in "Raging Dragons", he's one of the characters....he was the red fighter from DD, with an easy and cool as hell character design.

W00T go obscurity! So yeah, mark me down as Jimmy.

ki kuru kitty
11-12-2003, 10:42 PM
Do we have a Riot Blood Iori Yagami?

Maxima
11-12-2003, 10:56 PM
ki kuru kitty: No we don't, and we could always use one.

Starwind824: Do you mean Rage of the Dragons? If so, I am going to have Elias ready for Katsucon.

On topic:
This group is getting pretty big. Hopefully, it will get bigger. ^^

TheAnarCHris
11-12-2003, 11:21 PM
ki kuru kitty: No we don't, and we could always use one.

Starwind824: Do you mean Rage of the Dragons? If so, I am going to have Elias ready for Katsucon.

On topic:
This group is getting pretty big. Hopefully, it will get bigger. ^^

Umm..yeah that's it,lol. ^/^

Michi
11-13-2003, 02:39 AM
Starwind, Rage of the Dragons isn't really SNK.. ^^; It's just on the NeoGeo. But heck, this isn't my gathering. @_@

I'd also like to mention that Seiya and I are just maybes. ^^; We aren't completely sure if we're attending.

TheLoneWolf
11-13-2003, 08:05 AM
Right, one last time just so we can have things clear.
K' and Speed Setsuna - Definates
*If* I can get Rock Howard Energy Wings made, he's coming along. If not, I'll bring Shingo

Studmaster
11-13-2003, 08:49 AM
Right, one last time just so we can have things clear.
K' and Speed Setsuna - Definates
*If* I can get Rock Howard Energy Wings made, he's coming along. If not, I'll bring Shingo

Okay. Thanks for clearing that up for us. ^^

Ki Kiru Kitty: I'm putting you down on the latest character roster update. So give us a reply to keep you there or not

Starwind: Michi has a point as the game was made by a Mexican 3rd Party, (the name escapes me right now) but IMO, I think we should make exceptions for World Heroes and Rage of the Dragons. The final say is up to Kula Diamond though since she is the unoffical leader of the gatherting.

Now that that's been said. Here's the latest roster update

World News Network Report: The Latest update on the latest particpants of the World Fusion Fight Tournament to take place at Katsucon X

(The List as of 11/13/03)

Kula - KulaDiamond
Rugal - DigitalCactus
Maxima - Maxima
Xiangfei - Kerochan
Rimururu - Emeralda
K and Speed Setsuna, Rock or Shingo - The Lone Wolf
Iori - Cyn
Shingo or Mai - Michi
Hibiki - Eurobeat King
Jimmy Lee - Starwind824
Riot of Blood Iori - Ki Kiru Kitty

Current Roster: 17 Fighters

As we reach the 11 week mark, there have been 17 Fighters who have accepted the invitation to enter this historic tournament. There are over 77 days left till the battle begins, who else will show up? Keep it right here at the official place for World Fusion Fight News.

Anyone want to start throwing around times?

TheAnarCHris
11-13-2003, 10:22 AM
Okay. Thanks for clearing that up for us. ^^

Ki Kiru Kitty: I'm putting you down on the latest character roster update. So give us a reply to keep you there or not

Starwind: Michi has a point as the game was made by a Mexican 3rd Party, (the name escapes me right now) but IMO, I think we should make exceptions for World Heroes and Rage of the Dragons. The final say is up to Kula Diamond though since she is the unoffical leader of the gatherting.

Go fig. I'll be honest. I've played the game only a handful of times down in Chinatown, and it was on the same machine as KOF2k. And since it was manufacturered by Eolith, I assumed it fell under the SNK fodder. My bad. If Kula asks me to step down, I'll be more than happy to, seeing how I really don't belong, lol, but if not, I'll be there.

Michi
11-13-2003, 01:57 PM
Studmaster, the way you talk about the gathering all announcer makes it sound so Capcomish. XD I feel sick. :P!!! *falls over*

Haha, if we were going to do all Neo Geo fighting games I'd wanna pull out a Waku Waku 7 or Kabuki Clash costume.. XDD Hmm interesting thought..

Studmaster
11-13-2003, 03:30 PM
Studmaster, the way you talk about the gathering all announcer makes it sound so Capcomish. XD I feel sick. :P!!! *falls over*

Haha, if we were going to do all Neo Geo fighting games I'd wanna pull out a Waku Waku 7 or Kabuki Clash costume.. XDD Hmm interesting thought..

Hey...I thought I was following a KoF 97 style motiff, cause WNN was the News Station that followed KoF for that year. Maybe you should try it one of these times Michi. I wanna see how we differ.

And yes. If we are opening it up, then those two would be fair game as well.

DigitalCactus
11-13-2003, 07:50 PM
:( I dont think Im going as Rugal anymore.. *runs away* work and school have severely taken up alot of my freetime

TheAnarCHris
11-13-2003, 10:01 PM
Yeah, opened it up. I needs to cosplay this character...look I even Jimmyied out my avatar and sig!!!

Michi
11-13-2003, 10:51 PM
Hey...I thought I was following a KoF 97 style motiff, cause WNN was the News Station that followed KoF for that year. Maybe you should try it one of these times Michi. I wanna see how we differ.

It's the fact that you're calling it "World Fusion Fight".. That just sounds so Capcom-y to me. :p Don't take it personally! Oioi. I was just being silly. :rolleyes: :bigtu:

TheAnarCHris
11-13-2003, 11:27 PM
Hey I personally like the name, lol. It sounds like something from a fighting game..just add a hyper super alpha king 3 to it.

Michi
11-13-2003, 11:58 PM
Hey I personally like the name, lol. It sounds like something from a fighting game..just add a hyper super alpha king 3 to it.

Exactly. Hyper Super Alpha?? Sounds like Capcom again. :p You silly people! SNK just numbers their games, and if they want extra they use stuff like "Road to the Final Victory" and "Dream Match Never Ends" as subtitles, not "World Hyper Fusion Championship Edition Extreme Turbo"... XD

Please don't be offended, Studmaster. ^_^; Like I said in my last post! It's all in jest.

*pulls KulaDiamond back to thread* ;_;

Link Arroway
11-14-2003, 09:38 AM
:( I dont think Im going as Rugal anymore.. *runs away* work and school have severely taken up alot of my freetime
aww :( That sucks, when work and school eat away your freetime .. hey maybe you'll get a break? :D There's still 12 weeks 6 days 7 hours 56 minutes and 39seconds left to prepare.. give or take a half a day depending on when you leave

Cyn
11-15-2003, 09:06 AM
Keep rockin' baby! </capcom>

Michi
11-17-2003, 02:28 AM
Keep rockin' baby! </capcom>

*twitch* ;_;

TheAnarCHris
11-17-2003, 11:17 AM
And speaking of twitchin', where the hell is Kula?

DigitalCactus
11-19-2003, 12:33 PM
aww :( That sucks, when work and school eat away your freetime .. hey maybe you'll get a break? :D There's still 12 weeks 6 days 7 hours 56 minutes and 39seconds left to prepare.. give or take a half a day depending on when you leave

well I have the pattern its just the fabric that I intend to use costs 20 bucks a yard... and I'll need about 11 yards 0_o then theres the whole "who can I get to make me a tux?" deal, too.

TheAnarCHris
11-19-2003, 03:34 PM
Egad DC!!! We need to find you an easier verison of Rugal....wait, correct me if I'm wrong (is predicting Michi will,lol) but isnt there a verison of Rugal in just a shirt and pants...like from '98 or something?

Studmaster
11-25-2003, 11:21 AM
Bumping this back up to the first page. The Holiday Season is upon us.

Michi
11-25-2003, 07:58 PM
No, you're right, Starwind. :p He's had at least a couple of other outfits than that tux he was first in/wears in CvS.

TheAnarCHris
11-25-2003, 09:58 PM
Coolies, the Cactus should be made aware of that so he may rejoin us @ Kats.

BTW Michi, is it too early to start claiming characters for the KOF photoshoot @ Otakon? lol

Takumix
11-26-2003, 11:31 PM
An SNK gathering? Great. I'll be taking pictures

Studmaster
11-27-2003, 02:13 PM
An SNK gathering? Great. I'll be taking pictures

Nice. Do you want to be our official photo guy/tournament reporter?

I'm going to keep Cactus on the list in case he wants to do '98 Rugal.
I've also talked to Evilchii. She may show up to Katsu, and she wants to do Mature.
And since no one else has suggested a time, I'm going to to throw one up.

New Page = Roster Roll Call

World News Network Report: Due to an meeting with certain board of director members, the name of the Tournament has taken an evolution. It is now called

Neo-Geo Super World Battle: The Ultimate Dream Match at Katsucon X on Friday Feburary 13th at 7:30 PM (Time subject to change)

The Roster as of 11/28/2003

Kula - KulaDiamond
Maxima - Maxima
Xiangfei - Kerochan
Rimururu - Emeralda
Iori - Cyn
Shingo or Mai - Michi
Hibiki - Eurobeat King
Jimmy Lee - Starwind824
Rugal - DigitalCactus*
Mature - Evilchii*

* = Waiting to accept or decline invitation

Current Roster: 16 Fighters confirmed (2 more Figthers waiting in the wings) = 18 unconfirmed combatants

There are a little more than 9 weeks before the Tournament takes place. The number of Fighters has slowly creeped up, and will almost surely reach the "20" mark. However, the fun is seeing what fighters will accept the invitation, and who will show up "uninvited." With this
much time left, the roster is far from final. Who else will step inside the ring, and fight it out to see who is the Ultimate Fighter? Stay tuned to World News Network for all your Ultimate Dreammatch news.

TheAnarCHris
11-27-2003, 05:38 PM
7:30 works fer me man

Michi
11-27-2003, 08:38 PM
7:30 sure is late. o.o; But hey.

Hahaha Starwind~ Don't tempt me!! I think I may start up a KOF/SNK thread again in Otakon soon. <3 <3 <3 Especially since I didn't even make the gathering this year after starting the 2003 thread. x_x

Like I said.. Seiya and I aren't confirmed. ^_^; We're still not sure if we'll make Katsu yet. We may just not go and celebrate Valentine's together at home. :p

DigitalCactus
11-28-2003, 08:59 PM
Coolies, the Cactus should be made aware of that so he may rejoin us @ Kats.

BTW Michi, is it too early to start claiming characters for the KOF photoshoot @ Otakon? lol

hmm I didnt want to do the non Tuxedo version of Rugal but I may just do the one where he has the mesh tank top looking shirt n red tuxedo pants... that seems more realistic...

evilchii
11-28-2003, 11:05 PM
Hey there. First thing, I know I'll have the costume completed by then so that's not a problem. My only concern is getting there and finding a place to sleep that isn't the Arlington city street curbs ^_^;;

Since that stuff is kinda important, I'm gonna make sure I get that squared away. So keep me on the list but I'm still iffy at this point.

TheAnarCHris
11-30-2003, 09:42 PM
7:30 sure is late. o.o; But hey.

Hahaha Starwind~ Don't tempt me!! I think I may start up a KOF/SNK thread again in Otakon soon. <3 <3 <3 Especially since I didn't even make the gathering this year after starting the 2003 thread. x_x

Like I said.. Seiya and I aren't confirmed. ^_^; We're still not sure if we'll make Katsu yet. We may just not go and celebrate Valentine's together at home. :p

Well I'm calling dibs on 2k3 Kyo right now then,lol.

Emeralda
11-30-2003, 09:48 PM
I'm going to have to drop from the group. Sorry all.

Cyn
11-30-2003, 10:58 PM
...So Starwind, we're gonna have to fight to the death?

...AGAIN?!

Takumix
11-30-2003, 11:03 PM
Nice. Do you want to be our official photo guy/tournament reporter?

I]

I like the offer but i MIGHT cosplay as one KOF character. Put me in on a maybe list. I'll cosplay as someone who has never been cosplayed before (at least here in the US). I'll surprise you all.

Eurobeat King
12-01-2003, 12:08 AM
Stud: It looks like I'm going to have to bow out of the KOF/SNK gathering also. :lost: Sorry to do it, but I'm not going to bring a lot of costumes, and I'll be bringing my smaller suitcases for clothes & equipment. (too small for Hibiki's cane-sword, even just the sheath.) But like at otakon's KOF gathering, I was there to take a lot of pics of the group (solo pics AND groups) so I'll be there at the Katsu2k4 gathering to help cover pictures of you guys & girls in your costumes. :D

TheAnarCHris
12-01-2003, 11:16 AM
...So Starwind, we're gonna have to fight to the death?

...AGAIN?!

Katsucon, no. I'm cosplaying Cyn friendly characters.....Otakon/animeNEXT, yes....but take a number apparently cosplaying both Cloud and Kyo makes you a marked man.

Seesh, I never had this problem with Squall or Gene....possibly coz I towered over all the Seifer cosplayers, and there's only like 9 Outlaw Star cosplayers in existence.

Studmaster
12-01-2003, 04:14 PM
Roster Update. (I'll do the whole WNN spiel for when we reach a new page on my forum setup which is every 40 posts)

The Roster as of 12/01/2003

Kula - KulaDiamond
Maxima - Maxima
Xiangfei - Kerochan
Iori - Cyn
Jimmy - Starwind824
Rugal - DigitalCactus
Mature - Evilchii*
Kyo Kusanagi - Seiya Yagami*
Shingo or Mai - Michi*
Unknown KoF Character - Takumix*

* = Maybe/Waiting to accept or decline invitation

Current Roster: 13 Fighters confirmed (4 more Figthers waiting in the wings) = 17 unconfirmed combatants

Sorry to all of those who have pulled out. We will miss you.

Edit: My Bad Starwind. Changed.
Edit 2: Welcome back, Cactus.

TheAnarCHris
12-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Wait SM I'll still doing Jimmy for Kats. I was talking about Otakon for 2k3 Kyo.

DigitalCactus
12-01-2003, 10:48 PM
I eh.... found the perfect pants for my Rugal "costume" hehe so count me in, Studmaster

DigitalCactus is back!!

kerochan
12-02-2003, 08:48 AM
Buy the damn pants already Digital!!!!! We need to get cracking on that shirt too!LOL!!

Catboi Blues
12-05-2003, 09:57 PM
Hello again everyone. I might be adding Robert Garcia to my Katsucon list of outfits. I originally went as him back in 93, couldn't hurt to revive him.

BTW, does anyone know if anyone else has gone as him before?

kerochan
12-09-2003, 12:34 PM
when is the photoshoot? friday or saturday?

Studmaster
12-09-2003, 02:19 PM
Right now the shoot is Friday Night at 7:30 PM, if anyone has a reason as to why it shouldn't be then, you have until after New Year's to say so. That's when the time and location shall become final.

The Roster as of 12/09/2003

Kula - KulaDiamond
Maxima - Maxima
Xiangfei - Kerochan
Iori - Cyn
Mark of the Wolves Terry Bogard and Robert Garcia* - Catboi Blues
Jimmy - Starwind824
Rugal - DigitalCactus
Mature - Evilchii*
Shingo or Mai - Michi*

Current Roster: 13 Fighters confirmed (5 more Figthers waiting in the wings) = 18 unconfirmed combatants

Link Arroway
12-10-2003, 12:55 PM
I eh.... found the perfect pants for my Rugal "costume" hehe so count me in, Studmaster

DigitalCactus is back!!

Alright! :D

And, I love! Your New Avatar! :D :D :bigtu: I dub it PenPen! ^^

TheAnarCHris
12-10-2003, 09:07 PM
I can only imagine what u could call mine....

makio
12-13-2003, 04:39 AM
Though I'm still trying to swing for the vacation time
off, I'd like to attend as Ash Crimson if no one
else has claimed it yet...?

Studmaster
12-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Makio: Of course. Welcome to the Gathering.

The Roster as of 12/14/2003

Kula - KulaDiamond
Maxima - Maxima
Xiangfei - Kerochan
Iori - Cyn
Jimmy - Starwind824
Rugal - DigitalCactus
Mature - Evilchii*
Shingo or Mai - Michi*
Ash Crimson - Makiotwist*

Current Roster: 13 Fighters confirmed (6 more Figthers waiting in the wings) = 19 unconfirmed combatants

Takumix
12-14-2003, 08:57 PM
This might be a little off topic but i think the title of this forum should be changed to SNK Playmore: When Worlds Collide at Katsucon. We should give credit to Playmore. After all they are the reason for keeping King of Fighters, Metal Slug, and Samurai Shodown alive.

Changing the title is just a suggestion.

dressdragn
12-24-2003, 10:30 PM
Greeting Kof Cosplayers,

Please Join us for the fighting game photo shoot friday at 6pm.

~Anna

dressdragn
12-24-2003, 10:36 PM
If for some bizzar reason I've got the time, I might try and ash together for katsu (but it's much more likely for otakon).

~Anna

TheAnarCHris
12-24-2003, 11:47 PM
So much for me being the only one here with a PA avatar

dressdragn
12-25-2003, 10:38 AM
if you look very very close you can see one of girl sol's nipples

*laughs as genie squallie babys head hits his screen*

~Anna

kerochan
12-25-2003, 08:39 PM
can we please make it a 8pm like studmaster suggested? I wanna join the photoshoot(was denied entrance in Otakon) but I wonder if we could have it 8pm please?

Stefan
12-28-2003, 06:35 AM
There'z not enough bosses spoken for! Must... resist... urge... to actually construct a "FERNANDEATH" costume (!) On second thought...

Expect me to participate as either K9999(white hair version) or Freeman.

Hopefully, I won't be drop-dead tired when this neat lil' gathering occurs.

Glad to see a decent number of snk enthusiasts coming out of the woodwork for this convention's hall cosplaying oppurtunities ^_^

btw Fernandeath is the insane behemoth ball-shaped bat boss from the
1996 import-only neo geo fighter "Waku Waku 7"
...A ridiculously obscure yet awesome title nonetheless!

dressdragn
12-28-2003, 10:13 AM
The F-game photo shoot is at 6, but if you want to change the time of the SNK one you'd have to talk to CHris or who ever is heading that up. Also it might be good to do it on Sunday, cuz friday's getting pretty bussy.

~Anna

kerochan
12-30-2003, 08:25 PM
I am not sure if I can make it on friday.I will try my best, but if there is going to be a sunday one please let me know. Who did you say was in charge of the photoshoot?

dressdragn
12-30-2003, 09:48 PM
which photo shoot? I'm running the F-game and the GG, some one else is doing SNK

~Anna

dressdragn
01-03-2004, 10:55 AM
So is the photo Shoot defintly at 8pm then? I'd like to know b/c it looks like Ash will be ready on time after all. Also if the SNK photo shoot is at 8, I'd like to move the fighting game photo shoot back to 7 so they can be back to back.

~Anna

kerochan
01-03-2004, 09:46 PM
I sent a Pm to Studmaster cause I am pretty sure that he is the one in charge and also I believe it is also in the Katsucon gathering thread he put 8pm down on friday.

Studmaster
01-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Sorry it took me so long to respond Kerochan, holidays ending ya know.

Well, it seems like that there was a request to change it to 8 PM (It was at 7:30, so we might as well) , and sense there seems to be no disagreement towards this, this will be the final time at this point.

DressDrgn: Have the Fighting game shoot at 7, I'm sure the SNK/Playmore Contingent will be there in full force for this.

First Roster List of 2004 coming up, in a bit.

kerochan
01-05-2004, 10:56 PM
Its okay Studmaster. I was just confused thats all. But so I can make it to the Snk photoshoot then!

TheAnarCHris
01-06-2004, 12:58 AM
...and what in the hell is going on now?

dressdragn
01-06-2004, 08:41 PM
...and what in the hell is going on now?

Ok Starf*ck,

it's like this, the SNK photo shoot is at 8, the F-game photo shoot will be around 8:30, or when ever were done with SNK, that way all the SNK kids will be able to make it but we'll still have time to get ready for the 80's dance. Also since you won't be at kastu, don't worry your pretty little head about it.

~Anna

SohjiroX
01-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Hmm I am trying to go to this con for some other stuff, but if I do you have either Chris to choose from or...*thinks*....possibly special color edit slayer King....if your asking what that is, its just different colors with bonus mask on the face type...the Chris would be fun to do again but I rather try for Orochi Chris or such, I'm missing two parts of the outfit anyway so, but yeah so whatever you guys would like is fine with me.

dressdragn
01-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Are any of you Kof kids who are atteding Katsu also planing on attending Shoujo con?

~Anna

SohjiroX
01-13-2004, 04:21 PM
I have a friend that wants me to go to that but its a big maybe.

dressdragn
01-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Hi,

I'm getting super excited about KOF cosplay at Katsu, Ash is almost done, all he needs is the headband and the red undershirt.

click here to see a pic of me as Ash

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=104155

~Anna

HealerKou
01-18-2004, 03:58 AM
Duuuuuude, there is going to be SO MUCH KoF at Katsucon. At least 8 characters from the NESTs saga in my group (or I should say my boyfriend's group.) Ya'll need to go to the masquerade. Definitely. Be there, or be square.

Michi
01-18-2004, 05:46 AM
Seiya Yagami and I won't be making it, so you can just take us off.

And Takumix.. It's still just SNK to those of us who've been fans for a long time. I don't like Playmore. It doesn't feel the same anymore with them, or adding them to the title of the company. ~_~

Takumix
01-19-2004, 03:02 PM
And Takumix.. It's still just SNK to those of us who've been fans for a long time. I don't like Playmore. It doesn't feel the same anymore with them, or adding them to the title of the company. ~_~

I understand. I just want to give credit to the company that kept SNK alive and well. And I've been an SNK fanatic since the beginning so I kinda know what you mean, Michi.

Maxima
02-02-2004, 12:31 AM
Alright, we've entered the final two weeks before the convention. I'll read back through later to get an updated list of who's going to be there, and what time it's going to be at. Those participating could make it easier for me and just say they are going to still be there.

Also, anybody else that wants in is welcome in.

TheLoneWolf
02-02-2004, 06:05 AM
But please take me off the list as well. School and cash simply won't allow the trip.

kerochan
02-02-2004, 12:49 PM
I can tell you right now that Digital Cactus cannot join the SNK shoot cause we didn't have enough time to make him his costume. We got sidetracked on all the other ones that he has to make/fix. I will still be attending as XiangFei though!

TheAnarCHris
02-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Still in as Jimmy boy.

Maxima
02-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Here we go~! The almost-final-but-not-quite-so-final Information

Photoshoot time: 8 pm on Friday February 13, 2004
New Roster as of 2/3/2004:

Kula - KulaDiamond
Maxima - Maxima
Xiangfei - Kerochan
Iori - Cyn
Jimmy - Starwind824
Mature - Evilchii*
Ash Crimson - dressdragn
K9999 or Freeman - Stefan

Total Fighters: 14 entries

People are still welcomed to join. If I got anything wrong, just say so.

dressdragn
02-03-2004, 12:18 PM
Here we go~! The almost-final-but-not-quite-so-final Information

Photoshoot time: 8 pm on Friday February 13, 2004
New Roster as of 2/3/2004:

Ash Crimson - dressdragn

People are still welcomed to join. If I got anything wrong, just say so.

OMG, I can belive we have 2 Ash's what does the * next to Mankiotwist's name mean? Also KiKuruKitty is being K'. Unless he has some other costume he's been working on secretly.

Studmaster
02-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Thank you for posting that Maxima. You reminded me to update.

SNK: When Worlds Collide Gathering for Katsucon X
Time: 8 PM (I'll be there around 7:30. Look for the bald Black Guy as Seth)
Place: The Bottom Floor near the Main Events Room.

Since Katsucon is like a week away. Everyone without an Asterix is pretty much final. To all of those that couldn't make it. We'll carry on in spirt. To all of those who have an Asterix next to their name. Please confirm by next Tuesday whether you're in or out.

Lets all make this a great gathering.

Newly updated List

Kula - KulaDiamond
Maxima - Maxima
Xiangfei - Kerochan
Iori - Cyn
Jimmy - Starwind824
Vanessa - Evilchii
Ash Crimson - dressdragn
K9999 or Freeman - Stefan
K'Dash - Ki Kiru Kitty

Current Roster: 15 Fighters.

* = Unconfimed.

Evilchi has told me that she's going to be Vanessa again for the gathering so that covers her.

Makiotwist, Takumix and Catboi Blues, please confim your costumes. Thanks.

makio
02-05-2004, 12:19 AM
I won't know until Monday if I can attend, due to the method of travel there. :(

Dressdragn --- I saw the Ash costume in your photo gallery. Nice work!

Takumix
02-05-2004, 03:37 PM
With Katsucon just 8 days away, I might as well say who I'm going as. Ash Crimson

dressdragn
02-06-2004, 01:07 PM
dose this mean we now have 4 ashes? and not a single anounce duo.

DigitalCactus
02-07-2004, 11:50 AM
I dunno if Ive anounced this or not.. but eh due to current circumstances, I will not be going as Rugal Bernstein >_<

*ducks and covers*

cactusmomma
02-10-2004, 12:19 AM
request! ash only group picture! take! send to meeeeee XP

oh hell take lots of pictures of everyone :P

dressdragn
02-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Do we have a location yet? if so I missed it so please tell me. Also if we don't maybe we can meet out side main events on the bottom leval...

~Anna

Maxima
02-11-2004, 11:22 AM
I do believe that is the location we choose for the gathering - Outside of Main Events on the Bottom level.

TheAnarCHris
02-12-2004, 12:54 AM
Blargh, if anyone has a pair of black suspenders, bring em to Katsucon, coz my friends suck and cant find their for me to borrow.

kerochan
02-12-2004, 11:15 AM
make a trip to wallet mart before you come down... I think they stay open until 11pm and open early on...

Takumix
02-12-2004, 07:34 PM
I just got done packing. i don't think i'm gonna be able to sleep tonight with all this excitement.

dressdragn
02-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Big thank you to everyone who showed up. It was great meeting all of you. I hope to see lots of you again at the otakon SNK photo shoot.

~Anna

cactusmomma
02-16-2004, 01:43 AM
can't wait to see the gathering's pics! all the ash's hehehe

TheAnarCHris
02-16-2004, 02:00 AM
By all there was like 2...lol...pics should be up soon though.

cactusmomma
02-16-2004, 02:42 AM
2 is still more than 0 :P wanna seeee *wiggles*

Eurobeat King
02-16-2004, 03:02 AM
I missed the KOF gathering on Friday night (since I think I was finishing up the c.com staff dinner, and helping my friend Dawn move her stuff into my room) but I did get some pics on Saturday night of my friends in their KOF costumes: Christy (Vanessa), Dommi (Vice), Serge (K), Cristi (Kula), Hex (Maxima), Val (Kula's father?), and Becky (Angel) but those will take a while before they get posted, but they turned out nice! ;)

dressdragn
02-20-2004, 09:06 PM
hi, I've got a few of the KOF Pics up in the my gallery now. just some group shots and some ash pics. I'm running out of space, but all of the photo's will be up on bussy losers by the end of next week.

In the mean time : http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=112966

dressdragn
02-21-2004, 11:44 PM
more KOF photos up at http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=5651

including a great pic of other ash geting killed by iori

~Anna