PDA

View Full Version : (Naruto Cosplay) What fabric, what fabric?

yummyfire
09-04-2003, 06:40 AM
You see, I need fabric for my Naruto costume. There is a specific fabric that I've been looking for. It is Burnt Orange Denim. But no fabric stores in the are have it! What fabric would you use to make a Naruto costume?

krystal1314
09-04-2003, 11:59 AM
Well, you can always buy blue denim fabric, bleach it, and then dye it orange... cause I dunno if orange denim fabric exist :thumbsup:

trabus
09-04-2003, 01:42 PM
It does exist, its just very rare. I would just use a different type of heavy fabric, you might have better luck finding a burnt orange color. I wish I knew my fabric well enough to name off some heavy fabric types.

TyJILDown
09-04-2003, 02:52 PM
Possibly a canvas may work for it. But if you wanted to make it easy to sew, you can just use orange cotton and line it with felt to give it stiffness.

Brunhilde
09-07-2003, 02:08 AM
Mmm, along the lines on orange cotton, cottom drill should be thick enought to give a nice result. That's what I used when I made a Goku outfit.

Pantsu_chan
09-07-2003, 05:25 AM
Another alternative fabric might be orange poplin. It's stiffer than thin cottons and is a bit thicker. Denim would get hot after a short while also, lol!