PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Cosplayers ~! Gathering ?!?!?!?!

kitty~kyky~nya
03-09-2010, 06:01 PM
So I have noticed that a lot of michigan cosplayer's don't get on much any more which is quite depressing but the few of us that do *yayyy* we should do a summer gathering before Youmacon or around Jafax time ! I was thinking maybe a summer BrBQ or maybe all just getting together at a park or something in that area ~! So post your ideas and thoughts below !!!!

limey
03-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Sounds like a plan, I will make it providing I can get out of work. In the fandom realm I am looking forward to this year. I would love to see the Mi cosplay group be involved,
I am going to be crazy busy being on the AASFA board, and putting together my concom. Just let me know what is going on.

kitty~kyky~nya
03-15-2010, 05:44 PM
I definitely agree, It would be nice to see Michigan cosplayer's more involved and definitely having more gatherings. :) && Sounds great ! Let me know if anything has been said or pops up ~! Your the first reply so I hope there is more people in Michigan who want to have more gatherings as well. :D

Deuce_VII
03-15-2010, 06:22 PM
depending on where the gathering is, i might come. look for red :P

kitty~kyky~nya
03-15-2010, 06:39 PM
^^ that would be awesome ! the location would be decided by all of us and the general area that would work ! hopefully we can get more people interested and wanting to get together ! :D

Sakura Efreet
03-15-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm an Ohioan, but I am on the border so I frequent Michigan for anime events and such. Generally, choosing a date, place, and time yourself and planning it yourself is best. It seems like people will only go if things are "set in stone" (I have figured this out from personal experience).

If the gathering is in the lower half of Michigan, I'd be interested in going and hanging out. I would love to see everyone's cosplays. ^^

lunaladyoflight
03-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Due to the high volume of cons I'm attending this year, I probably won't be taking time off to go to any gatherings.

kitty~kyky~nya
03-21-2010, 08:10 AM
I'm an Ohioan, but I am on the border so I frequent Michigan for anime events and such. Generally, choosing a date, place, and time yourself and planning it yourself is best. It seems like people will only go if things are "set in stone" (I have figured this out from personal experience).

If the gathering is in the lower half of Michigan, I'd be interested in going and hanging out. I would love to see everyone's cosplays. ^^

Thank you for the advice ! :D && I hope if we set one out in stone that you will be able to come too ! :)

Due to the high volume of cons I'm attending this year, I probably won't be taking time off to go to any gatherings.

That's totally understandable ! :) Each year my convention list grows bigger and bigger. xD

Deuce_VII
03-21-2010, 03:06 PM
something central would prob be a good idea...but thats just my two cents

kitty~kyky~nya
03-22-2010, 08:37 AM
something central would prob be a good idea...but thats just my two cents

i agree ! i am just not sure what would be best for everyone. i'm open for any ideas or thoughts, so if you have any that would be great ! :)
i was thinking maybe ann arbor but that all depends on everyone else too.

Minteh
03-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Ermm.. Where would it be at?? Because it'd have to be somewhere within like 20 minutes from me, or someone would have to come pick me up. D:

Honestly, I've never been to a convention, My mom tried to take me to one last summer but Sadly I couldn't find a friend. she was going to take me to Jafax. D;

Minteh
03-22-2010, 11:58 PM
i agree ! i am just not sure what would be best for everyone. i'm open for any ideas or thoughts, so if you have any that would be great ! :)
i was thinking maybe ann arbor but that all depends on everyone else too.

I think That's a terrible Idea. Dx

Raiji Magiwind
03-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Well a large number of the group seems to live in a around Southeast Michigan, though some live further. I'm all up for a gathering, as long as I know as soon as possible since I have to put in days off about a month in advance. Doesn't mean I can't still possibly go to a impromptu event or meet-up, it would be just a matter of if I have the day off...

I can already tell you don't expect much around the weekend of May 14 this year as many will be at Anime Central, so thats a weekend to avoid a meetup... usually cheap meetups are best around this time and Youmacon (around Halloween weekend), since most folks are saving last minutes funds for the con itself or returning from it a bit broke...>>

Doesn't mean we still can't arrange a possible trip to the DIA, the Zoo or the Henry Ford/Greenfield Village or something.. but the more expensive it is... unless you find a way to spread out the cost the group will usually be smaller...

I also no about I think its 2 weeks after ACEN theres a new Steampunk Expo starting here as well, so you may not get many takers on that weekend either, since I do believe some are planning to go to that as well or at least for a day...

kitty~kyky~nya
03-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Ermm.. Where would it be at?? Because it'd have to be somewhere within like 20 minutes from me, or someone would have to come pick me up. D:

Honestly, I've never been to a convention, My mom tried to take me to one last summer but Sadly I couldn't find a friend. she was going to take me to Jafax. D;

Oh my gosh ! I totally understand what you mean ! Well I go with my family most the time to conventions but I can never find a friend to take with me ! It drives me crazy. I plan on trying to go to Jafax this year ! :D It will be my first time there so I am really excited ! :D

kitty~kyky~nya
03-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Well a large number of the group seems to live in a around Southeast Michigan, though some live further. I'm all up for a gathering, as long as I know as soon as possible since I have to put in days off about a month in advance. Doesn't mean I can't still possibly go to a impromptu event or meet-up, it would be just a matter of if I have the day off...

I can already tell you don't expect much around the weekend of May 14 this year as many will be at Anime Central, so thats a weekend to avoid a meetup... usually cheap meetups are best around this time and Youmacon (around Halloween weekend), since most folks are saving last minutes funds for the con itself or returning from it a bit broke...>>

Doesn't mean we still can't arrange a possible trip to the DIA, the Zoo or the Henry Ford/Greenfield Village or something.. but the more expensive it is... unless you find a way to spread out the cost the group will usually be smaller...

I also no about I think its 2 weeks after ACEN theres a new Steampunk Expo starting here as well, so you may not get many takers on that weekend either, since I do believe some are planning to go to that as well or at least for a day...

Well Actually I plan on doing a summer get together. So there is no worries about Acen. I was thinking maybe June or July. Even August if we had too ! ^^

I like your idea about the Zoo ! Costs are okay. It's $11 to get in and $5 for parking. But we could always meet up and just all go in together in one car *depending on how many go* to split the cost and save money. Or we could just find a central area and have a BrbQ or picnic. We could do that if we wanted to do that at the Zoo too, save money on food costs and have a picnic. If we all agree on the Zoo idea I think it would be fun. I know for a lot of people and myself were all saving money up for conventions and our cosplay needs so money is tight. && Transportation is another key factor.

Some other ideas could be everyone going to the beach. That's something most people do at least once during the summer, I know I do. So I would be up for trying to work that out ! :)
&& We could do a BrbQ there too. xD

Minteh
03-23-2010, 11:38 AM
well according to were most people live, I wouldn't be able to go to any meet up you guys are planning.
I live all the way in Muskegon, and can't really go past Grand Rapids unless someone else is willing to come pick me up or something.

And I think a BBQ sounds like a good idea, but I don't generally like much Barbequed food. >.<
Maybe we could have like a BBQ/Swimming things, and we could bring swimsuits or something if we want to swim after hanging out in cosplay and stuff

Another good idea would maybe like Raiji said, we could go to a zoo, and maybe afterwards we could all go out to eat at a reasturaunt or something. That would be lovely.

Maybe we could find a place with like Minigolf or something, I haven't been in awhile. : D
Like we could go to the zoo and then go Minigolfing! It's really fun when it's later in the day.

We could even just hang out at a park [and possibly have a BBQ] and then just play on the playground or play tag or something. xD Idk.

I dunno' just throwing random ideas out there.

Minteh
03-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Some other ideas could be everyone going to the beach. That's something most people do at least once during the summer, I know I do. So I would be up for trying to work that out ! :)
&& We could do a BrbQ there too. xD

Well the beach sounds like a good idea, but I wouldn't really want to get sand on my costume. xD
But I really love that idea. But we'd have to find a place where we could put our wigs or something if we decide to go swimming, or just bring a swimming cosplay with. : D!
If I ever get my swimsuit, or just use some Swimming trunks I could be Summer Haruhi [from Ouran Host Club]

CynicalSniper
03-23-2010, 05:10 PM
The zoo sounds like fun. ^^

Minteh
03-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Well what Zoos are there?? And where are they at?? Because it seems like everyone likes either the Zoo or BBQ Idea.

kitty~kyky~nya
03-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Well the beach sounds like a good idea, but I wouldn't really want to get sand on my costume. xD
But I really love that idea. But we'd have to find a place where we could put our wigs or something if we decide to go swimming, or just bring a swimming cosplay with. : D!
If I ever get my swimsuit, or just use some Swimming trunks I could be Summer Haruhi [from Ouran Host Club]

That would be a cute cosplay !!!!!!! I could sooo imagine it ! && with his little bunny too ! Maybe you can put his bunny in a hula skirt or a swimsuit ! :D

kitty~kyky~nya
03-26-2010, 07:33 PM
well according to were most people live, I wouldn't be able to go to any meet up you guys are planning.
I live all the way in Muskegon, and can't really go past Grand Rapids unless someone else is willing to come pick me up or something.

And I think a BBQ sounds like a good idea, but I don't generally like much Barbequed food. >.<
Maybe we could have like a BBQ/Swimming things, and we could bring swimsuits or something if we want to swim after hanging out in cosplay and stuff

Another good idea would maybe like Raiji said, we could go to a zoo, and maybe afterwards we could all go out to eat at a reasturaunt or something. That would be lovely.

Maybe we could find a place with like Minigolf or something, I haven't been in awhile. : D
Like we could go to the zoo and then go Minigolfing! It's really fun when it's later in the day.

We could even just hang out at a park [and possibly have a BBQ] and then just play on the playground or play tag or something. xD Idk.

I dunno' just throwing random ideas out there.

I like your ideas ! The zoo one definitely sounds like fun ! But I also like your idea about having a BbQ and doing pool stuff. Like maybe having a water balloon fight ! xD

We could go to the zoo and maybe go out for ice cream if we wanted too ! ^^

Good thinking Raiji && Minteh !!!!! ^^

Minteh
03-26-2010, 08:55 PM
I like your ideas ! The zoo one definitely sounds like fun ! But I also like your idea about having a BbQ and doing pool stuff. Like maybe having a water balloon fight ! xD

We could go to the zoo and maybe go out for ice cream if we wanted too ! ^^

Good thinking Raiji && Minteh !!!!! ^^

That'd be fun! (:
We could like go to the zoo, get some icecream, and then if we have money left over, we could go to a nice resturaunt!
We should try to have like two meet ups.
like one time we could go to the zoo, and then like a week or two later, we could just have a BBQ at the park or beach, or if someone has a pool lol we could go there. =P

Minteh
03-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Where does everyone live??
I know that most people live in like the south east, but would Kalamazoo be too far?
Because I can't really go farther than that. but even that far I'd PROBABLY have to get a ride with someone. D:

I don't really know of any zoos in Kalamazoo but there is Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek if someone would want to give me a ride.

chloeandthehawk
03-27-2010, 02:15 PM
my friends and I host meet-ups that we advertise on the youmacon forums, but we usually don't post them here- we just had a 248 area code meet up at the 12 oaks mall last weekend! We have a spring meetup coming up in april at Greenfield Village, actually, and there's an ann arbor meet up we're organizing for the 24th of april, I believe! we did a zoo meetup last year, and those are REALLY fun.

There's also always a square/enix picnic/meetup in the summer that some of my friends put on :D

just for people more towards the oakland/wayne area that aren't up by you guys, to let you all know :)

Minteh
03-27-2010, 02:55 PM
;-;.. Gosh.. I'm like the only person who lives in muskegon..

kitty~kyky~nya
03-29-2010, 08:57 AM
I would like to set up 2 gatherings. One at the Detroit Zoo for those who live out in that direction and One at the Binder Park Zoo for those over there. For when we would have it I was thinking July/August possibly on the weekend.

Binder Park Zoo is located @ Battle Creek, MI
Admission for Adults are $12.50
Parking is Free
Hours open on Saturday & Holidays are 9am to 6pm
and Sunday is 11am to 6pm
For food we could all pack our lunch and eat together to save money. :)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Detroit Zoo is located @ Royal Oak, MI
Admission for Adults are $11
Parking is Cars/Vans - $5 per *so we could possibly car pool and pitch in gas money to save some money*
Hours open on Saturday & Sunday are 9 am to 5 pm
For food we could also all pack our lunch and eat together to save money. :)

~Please Let me know if we are all agreeing on setting up gatherings at the zoo, so then we can set a date. :D Thanks !

lunaladyoflight
03-29-2010, 11:09 AM
We have a traditional park gathering at Kensington in August. But I don't know if we're planning to do that this year. I know I'll be too busy.

chloeandthehawk
03-29-2010, 12:32 PM
My group always plans a gathering for the Detroit Zoo. I'll talk to them and see what we're doing this year and post it here to let everyone know, too

kitty~kyky~nya
03-29-2010, 05:30 PM
My group always plans a gathering for the Detroit Zoo. I'll talk to them and see what we're doing this year and post it here to let everyone know, too

Okay, :) but I want to make sure that it works with everyone else and set it up right for everyone. I'd like to focus on creating one big one with everyone, the more people all together the better !

Minteh
03-30-2010, 12:52 AM
Well I don't think I could go to any of those meetups. :/
I'd need someone to come pick me up if I wanted go to any.

So don't plan on seeing me at them.

When I say any, I mean all of them. They are all to far for my parents to take me, and my brother won't take me past grandrapids. :/

lunaladyoflight
03-30-2010, 02:03 PM
This is why most of us that attend these gatherings are adults with our own cars, or at least late late teens who can get rides and contribute to gas money.

Mimette
03-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Uhm, Em, thats EXTREMELY rude and uncalled for. This cosplayer society is for all ages, not just for late teens, adults, and those that are well off enough to own a vehicle or have access to one.

lunaladyoflight
03-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Not meant rudely at all. I didn't even attend gatherings until I had a ride at age 18. It's just simple distance and life situations that prevent people from getting together. We're mostly all stationed in Southeast Michigan. I know people up in Marquette that would want to attend a gathering but the 8 hour drive just isn't happening.

It's just how it is. I picked up Emoly when she was on my way to a gathering. Her parents gave her more leeway as to where she could go and such. There have been quite a few young people that have come through here wanting to go only to be stopped by distance or parents.

If I had a 13-16 year old I wouldn't want them attending a gathering with a bunch of adults I didn't know OR getting a ride with one of them.

Even now if I mention to my parents (who I don't live with) that I am doing something convention oriented I still get shit from them. I'm 22 years old.

chloeandthehawk
03-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Okay, :) but I want to make sure that it works with everyone else and set it up right for everyone. I'd like to focus on creating one big one with everyone, the more people all together the better !

yes, well like I said we usually do it as a youmacon meet up but we can branch out out here ;]

Minteh
03-30-2010, 07:31 PM
I can pretty much go any distance as long as I don't leave the state if my parents meet them.
Just my parents won't drive me past Grandrapids, and my brother won't drive me much past that either. If it was close, I could get my own ride.

But Whatever, I just won't even try to go to any if you don't think 13-16 year olds should go. :/

You guys have fun.

limey
03-30-2010, 09:07 PM
I agree with mimette,
The MCS has always been a all ages group. If you can go to a con you can show at a gathering.
When this group started quite a few younger teens were involved, some grew into the group others grew out.
The responsible adult in me has no problem with the younger fans showing up. If we know them we can watch out for them at cons. Preventing sexual harassment at cons is a hot topic amongst my group at the cons we attend.

Now on the other hand,
I'll be honest, having some random 14 year olds showing up at my party, did throw me for a loop. I didn't expect it, but I made sure the the non MCS crowd behaved themselves.
MCS is much like earth, mostly harmless.
The shocking thing was my parents wouldn't allowed me to show go to 1.a strangers house 2.advertising a Keg party 3.on the internet.

Minteh
03-30-2010, 09:13 PM
I agree with mimette,
The MCS has always been a all ages group. If you can go to a con you can show at a gathering.
When this group started quite a few younger teens were involved, some grew into the group others grew out.
The responsible adult in me has no problem with the younger fans showing up. If we know them we can watch out for them at cons. Preventing sexual harassment at cons is a hot topic amongst my group at the cons we attend.

Now on the other hand,
I'll be honest, having some random 14 year olds showing up at my party, did throw me for a loop. I didn't expect it, but I made sure the the non MCS crowd behaved themselves.
MCS is much like earth, mostly harmless.
The shocking thing was my parents wouldn't allowed me to show go to 1.a strangers house 2.advertising a Keg party 3.on the internet.

I didn't get the last part what you said.

But anyways, My friend Sam, she's about 19 [maybe 20, I forgot when her birthday was] And if she had a car she'd gladly drive me to a con.
Usually If I decide to go to a gathering or con [never been to an anime convention but she went with me to a gathering] I'll get one of my older friends to go with to make sure nothing bad happens.

Honestly, I usually hang out with mostly older people, so everyone finds it strange if I'm like the only younger teen at a party or something. [our new years party was me, my friend who's like a year older, and like 18-21 year olds]

Also, my friend had to deal with sexual harrassment and stuff at a con because of the cosplay she picked. Some random guy freaked out and yelled at the guys who were hitting on her. >:
I hate when people do things like that. Especially because most people aren't trying to look 'sexy' or anything, just trying to cosplay. D:

lunaladyoflight
03-30-2010, 09:23 PM
You completely misread my message Minteh. If I WAS a parent I would not let my young teen go to a gathering of adults I didn't know or trust. NOR would I allow them to just get in a car with one. We used to have some parent like figures in our group, but the case has changed. I was certainly not telling you to gtfo, I was saying I could understand if your family has apprehensions about your going hours and hours away from home.

Also I agree Limey, everyone should be able to go. But if you can't get there, or a parent prohibits it, then those rules should be accepted and respected, if you're under 18 and living under your parents' rules/roof.

I teach children ages 6-16, and I wouldn't let any of them go off with someone who wasn't their parent without identification or notice from the parents.

Limey hosts 21 and up parties. Recently there were some underage kids that showed up. Not only is it illegal if they drink but he could get in a ton of trouble if they did. Which is why we limit some of those gatherings.

You need to understand the dangers of someone your age being around adults that are consuming alcohol. And the legal ramifications if you're simply there. Sure if you've been to a party with older people. But what if the cops had come in? How would you have explained that? How would anyone responsible for you explained that?

I never went to parties until I went to College, this was because I was too busy in HS with extra-curricular classes. There were a couple guys I went to HS with that were expelled simply because they were at a party where alcohol was being consumed. They weren't doing so, but they got in trouble with the law, their parents, and the school.

limey
03-30-2010, 11:32 PM
I didn't get the last part what you said.
<edit> I didn't see Em's reply but I wanted to tell the story</edit>
Sorry I didn't express this more clearly. I was in between calls with clients, and was trying to leave work, 14 hour days.

A couple years ago I was throwing a Halloween gathering and invited the MCS. At the time I meet only a couple of the older members of the MCS. I made a open post on the board, in which I mentioned that there will be a keg and a byob situation. There were about 40 people at this party most of which were con folk and some MCS members. A couple of members were way young, 15,14 I wasn't expecting them.

(gets old man cane, and pulls pants up to nipples)
My parents would have chained me to the wall for going to a kegger at 15. Or at least would have wanted to meet this "limey" person.

On the harassment front I've witnessed more than my share of situations and there is a push in the scifi con community to create a standard method of reporting and enforcing bans due to harassment across multiple conventions.

lunaladyoflight
03-30-2010, 11:48 PM
I agree with limey. I've had my share of sexual harassment from men at cons. I'll admit I'm overprotective of younger friends I know that are attending. There are a couple men I know will ignore pre-set boundaries. I've been groped in front of my boyfriend before :/ and worse.

And my parents never would have allowed me to go to a party where adults were drinking when I was that young. At least not without them. The only time I was at parties where adults were drinking were family functions like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Graduations, etc etc.

I can understand why your parents would want to know someone before allowing you to go with them. But with all of us being located far away that would be difficult unless they accompany you to conventions.

Minteh
03-31-2010, 02:02 AM
Ahh I see.
I've never been to a drinking party or anything, but my parents said I can do that stuff as long as i'm at home.

Aaannyywwaayyss

I didn't assume you were asking me to leave, I just though you were saying that they shouldn't go to the gatherings.

Also, my parents would let me go just about anywhere, as long as I have a friend and they trust who ever is driving me.
If we have a meeting in like battle creek or something,[theres a Zoo there\ If my brother isn't busy and I pay him, I could probably get a ride to gathering, but I know for sure I couldn't get a ride back. D:
So unless it was lt was pretty darn close [like Maybe a little farther than grand rapids or Allendale] I don't think I'd be able to go to many gatherings since I wouldn't be able to get a ride home.

Mimette
03-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Isn't JAFAX coming up in June over in the GR area? Could we maybe plan a bit of a meetup there that you could potentially attend Minteh?

Minteh
03-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Yes. It's in Allendale.
That's the only time I'd be able to go to any meet up.

It's the weekend after father's day.
I dunno' when it ends the first night though.I'd have to check.
Also, If we decided to go, we could all leave the con for a bit and go for icecream or something. :3 I could definately get a ride to it and back, but it'd be weird having to look for you guys and having to wait around to get a ride back. Because I don't think my brother would stay.
I'm posting this from school so I could only have one page open at a time since the connection is sort of slow at the moment
Anyways I just copied this from the Jafax website

On Saturday: Doors open at 9:30am, Opening ceremonies at 10:00am Event closes for the night around 6:00pm (except the Iron Man contest which often runs later). Unlike typical conventions, JAFAX does not run all night.

On Sunday: Doors open at 9:30am, programming begins at 10:00am JAFAX is over after Closing Ceremonies, around 7:00pm

Mimette
03-31-2010, 11:45 AM
Well I'm sure we can work out something since there is time yet before JAFAX to work out details.

kitty~kyky~nya
03-31-2010, 07:00 PM
yes, well like I said we usually do it as a youmacon meet up but we can branch out out here ;]

Definitely ! Since your more familiar with setting up gatherings in that area if your up to it I would love it if we could work together and set up a solid date. It's way nicer if there is more than one planner ! :D

kitty~kyky~nya
03-31-2010, 07:29 PM
i totally get everyone point - personally the *warning* sign goes up at the thought of doing a gathering at someones house that barely know. that's why i feel that a public gathering is the way to go. also it's an a lot safer and controlled environment, it would work out better for a big group gathering. that's why i am leaning more towards doing a Zoo gathering.

I totally agree with you Mimette ~! We should definitely plan something in that general area not only for Minteh but for everyone over that way. ^^

Minteh
04-02-2010, 01:56 AM
Well other than the Jafax meeting, I guess I'm not going to any.
):

kitty~kyky~nya
04-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Well other than the Jafax meeting, I guess I'm not going to any.
):

I am sure I could find you a ride since my friend lives in Muskegon ! ^^

Minteh
04-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Well that would just be lovely! (: I really appreciate it.
You get a gold star for being nice. xD
And a zoo and then going out for icecream is what I want to do. <3 I love icecream. =P

Mimette
04-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Minteh, there aren't that many meetups anyway so don't get too down.

Minteh
04-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Ahh I know.
The reason I was so down because I wasn't able to make it too any meetings. I've never been to a meet up or a Con.
I'm glad that I can make it to the jafax one though. (:

Minteh
04-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Ragghh. D: The thread like died...

kitty~kyky~nya
04-23-2010, 08:10 AM
Noooooooo don't die !!!!!!! D:
has anyone checked out the thread for Michigan Summer Gathering on the youmacon forums ?
just wondering. seems like everyone is up for the Detroit zoo and its looking like where gonna set a date in august...like 2-18 sometime time within there possibly the 7th or the 14th since those are both Saturdays ! what are your thoughts ?
those of you who want to do the binder park zoo when do you think we should set that ? i'm not sure how many wanted to go to the binder park zoo...

Minteh
04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
;-;...
Wheres the Binder park zoo at?

AnimeLover10
04-27-2010, 06:09 PM
I'M A MICHIGAN COSPLAYER:D:wave::sunny:!!!!!
glad I found this topic:D

Minteh
04-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Hallo. =D
where do you live at? ^o6

kitty~kyky~nya
04-27-2010, 06:46 PM
I'M A MICHIGAN COSPLAYER:D:wave::sunny:!!!!!
glad I found this topic:D

Welcome to the forums ! ^^ My name is Kya ! It's nice to meet you ! :) I hope you can make it to one of our gatherings !

kitty~kyky~nya
04-27-2010, 06:47 PM
;-;...
Wheres the Binder park zoo at?

Binder Park Zoo is in Battle Creek.

Snowtool
04-28-2010, 12:33 AM
NO WAYYYY!!! THERE'S COSPLAYERS IN MICHIGAN!!!
XD jk kinda. Damn near everyone I meet at cons is from Ohio! No offense to Ohio but its a long fucking drive there!
Anyone live in the Pontiac-Detroit area?

Snowtool
04-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Noooooooo don't die !!!!!!! D:
has anyone checked out the thread for Michigan Summer Gathering on the youmacon forums ?
just wondering. seems like everyone is up for the Detroit zoo and its looking like where gonna set a date in august...like 2-18 sometime time within there possibly the 7th or the 14th since those are both Saturdays ! what are your thoughts ?
those of you who want to do the binder park zoo when do you think we should set that ? i'm not sure how many wanted to go to the binder park zoo...

I like the sound of this! Can you send me a link if its not too much?
Maybe I'll be able to make it. ^_^

kitty~kyky~nya
04-28-2010, 02:23 PM
I like the sound of this! Can you send me a link if its not too much?
Maybe I'll be able to make it. ^_^

yep ! here is the link ~! & would love to have you there ! ^^

http://www.youmacon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7369

Minteh
04-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Were still all for The Jafax meet up!
Ooo~ We should have a fire. (: and I could bring smores!
Since you know kya, were camping out and all. xD
Do you have a tent Kya?

kitty~kyky~nya
05-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Were still all for The Jafax meet up!
Ooo~ We should have a fire. (: and I could bring smores!
Since you know kya, were camping out and all. xD
Do you have a tent Kya?

Mmhm ! Smores sounds amazing ! ^^
Hahaha no , I still need to get a tent. I will definitely have one by Jafax ! Which is OMG ! NEXT MONTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDD

AnimeLover10
05-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the forums ! ^^ My name is Kya ! It's nice to meet you ! :) I hope you can make it to one of our gatherings !

nice to meet you, thers alot of gatherings on the Youmacon forms.
I think Detriot Zoo will be good :3

Minteh
05-03-2010, 11:57 AM
I wish someone would take me to Youmacon. D:!
I would love to go.

Oh muh gosh, isn't Vic Mignogna suppose to be there too? o-o
I'd die if I got to meet him. xD

Crepsley
05-25-2010, 05:32 PM
;-;.. Gosh.. I'm like the only person who lives in muskegon..

...I live in Muskegon. c:

Minteh
05-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Oh Huzzah. :D