PDA

View Full Version : Wig for a poor person?

char_hakkai
09-04-2003, 02:55 PM
I'm trying to make a wig for my Dir en grey Kaoru cosplay. But, as I am poor, have little money to do so. Anyone have suggestions on relatively inexpensive ways of making a wig?
Here's the look I'm going for: http://homepage.mac.com/char_hakkai/dir41.jpg

Thank you!

DarkGunner
09-04-2003, 08:17 PM
First make sure whatever wig you buy is red, because its easier to make your wig darker than it is to go lighter. You can just use black sharpie pens to color it. For inexpensive wigs you can try ebay (you can occassionally find some good deals) or try your local costume shops since it is almost October (Halloween). To achieve Kaoru's spikeyness you could use aqua net hairspray (my personal fave for wigs) and I also find ice spikers works well and it also comes in a variety of colors to make things conveinent. I realize your trying to find an inexpensive wig but it really is best to pay the few dollars more for a better quality wig, they last longer and usually have more hair then cheaper wigs.

char_hakkai
09-04-2003, 08:22 PM
Ok, I'll probably hit the Halloween stores when things go on sale. xD

Someday I am going to get a really NICE wig made, because I love my costume so much. I'm just very low on cash now. ^_^;;

Thanks for the help!

kerochan
09-08-2003, 09:49 AM
maybe check out a local party supply store.
There not that expensive, but they may not be what you are looking for

Angel Kat III
09-14-2003, 03:47 PM
buy a bob wig and gell the hell out of it...

~Angel kat III

AniMajor
09-14-2003, 08:06 PM
www.easleys.com has cheap-ish wigs, but I don't know their quality, and they have limited styles, but you could probably find what you need there.

Also, Walmart just started putting their Halloween stuff out, so you might want to go and check it out. You might have to wait a little while for them to have a nice, big selection.