PDA

View Full Version : Quick, quick, Companion Cube help!

Majiran
03-12-2010, 10:17 PM
So I was originally preparing to do a Zorin Blitz (from Hellsing) cosplay for MegaCon but long story short two hours ago that fell through.

Two minutes ago, while lamenting about not being able to cosplay, I remembered my Companion Cube I used for last year's conventions.
This is me exactly one year ago, and my beloved cube:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/SesshysSheWolf/MegaconCompanionCube-1.jpg

This is it at its peak:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/SesshysSheWolf/100_4572.jpg

I pulled my Cube out of my closet but it's seen better days; one of the top corners was torn off and there are scratches and dents from my cats and moving it around, plus the hundreds of glomps I received over the course of wearing it at conventions.

How do I make it up so that if you've played PORTAL and saw it, you would feel guilty for throwing it into the incinerator? I was about to go outside and light it on fire, but I figured I'd look for some better suggestions/things to go along with it first.

I'm also usually kinda iffy about using signs to "make" a cosplay, but I think I might use one along the lines of "Why did you break my heart and kill me?"

Any suggestions?

Also, MegaCon is tomorrow. So- I'm a bit limited to common household items. XP

Majiran
03-12-2010, 10:43 PM
OK, scratch that, I lit the corner with the missing outer layer on fire. It looks, and it's obvious burn damage now, but it needs something to make it more obvious what I'm going for.

Would fake blood do anything? On the Companion Cube, or just me?

Bwentali
03-12-2010, 11:40 PM
scorch marks from the energy balls, maybe a sign on the shirt that says "why?" A jagged line down one of the hearts to signify it's broken. maybe gunshots to make it seem the companion cube went to robot hell.

Donno what else, fake blood might be pushing it a little bit

sungmina
03-14-2010, 12:35 AM
I like the fire/burnt ideas more than the blood... I'm not sure where the blood fits into the companion cube theme unless I'm missing something...

Majiran
03-14-2010, 12:53 AM
Just got back from the convention, and it was a success! I set the parts the corner with the missing part on fire and used a candle and careful manipulation to get soot-streaks to look like the laserblasts on the parts with minor damage. The smokey smell was gone by the convention and people noticed that I was post-incinerator Companion Cube.
Other than that I wore plain clothing (no logos). I'm glad I didn't try to make myself look beat-up, that really would have just been weird.

Thanks, guys! Hopefully I'll have my Zorin cosplay fully prepared in time for the next convention, I'm not sure my Cube can take many more hugs.