PDA

View Full Version : TRON: Legacy

daguru
03-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Good god WHY is no one talking about this?

I've been off making my secret Tron costume plans for the past year and I assumed everyone else had their own plans and were chatting it up in threads.

Sadly, there is no Tron thread... until now.

Well, I will let on that I am planning a Tron group from the original film. Not saying how I'm making it (shhh, secret) but I will say that I may be able to change my suit colors at will (if all goes according to plan) >:D

I plan to have this group ready for Dragoncon. If they're finished then, then I will have plenty of time to make a suit or two from the new film.

COMMENCE CHATTER

Aer
03-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Oh man...you've read my mind. I've recently been thinking how cool it'd be to make one of the new suits :/

radarrox
03-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Yay! A Tron:Legacy thread! :D
My own costume has inspirations from the original,KH, and the Legacy version. Sadly it won't glow, but I some places will light up if I do it right XD. I will also have a back-pack/holder for the disks from Legacy. I'm using magnets to get the disk to stick to my back, so I can take it off again easily.
/rambles/ XD
I'm wearing it to the midnight showing, just 'cause. 8]

bzou
03-18-2010, 03:26 PM
I saw the trailer recently in theaters, and literally as soon as I saw one of the women in a tron outfit for like, a split second, I punched my boyfriend in the shoulder and told him "omigodIwannacosplaythat!" ...Then I hushed so I could watch the rest of the trailer. I would love to do a Tron: Legacy suit, but if I did it, I'd wanna go all out. ;3;

Nin-Kitty
03-20-2010, 12:58 PM
I already have a group going for the new Tron Legacy :3 So far I'm cosplaying as Sam Flynn, and we have a Quorra cosplayer, a Kevin Flynn cosplayer, and Flynncronie cosplayer ^_^

Our suits will light up, and my group pretty much has this cosplay at the top of their list. I'm also planning to make a somewhataccurate Light Cycle from my Suzuki for the Dragon Con Parade :3 All of these projects are going to be expensive but worth it.

radarrox
03-20-2010, 03:31 PM
@Nin-Kitty
That is so cool! :D A group and a lightcycle as well? That's amazing! I wish you luck!

Nin-Kitty
03-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks Radarrox ^_^ Its going to be hard cause we are working with a 96 suzuki that doesnt look much like the Lightcycle =_= but I think it will still look awesome!

radarrox
03-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Hey, just wanted to update on what I what I've been doing. I've sewn this vest thing and hemmed it, and have begun adding the bias tape. I've also begun working on the pants, which when I get my bobbin to cooperate, I'll finish minus the elastic that I'll get later. Also, I've made the helmet and disk, but I need to go out and get paper clay,gesso,sandpaper, and paint for them. I'll be looking for rain boots this week, and probably more fabric because five yards was not enough xD.
I can't wait to see everyone's costumes :D !

Tom DePetrillo
07-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Wow , I was just thinking of doing a Tron cosplay, glad to see there will be company, though my light cycle will be made on a bike, so I can use it in a nightclub. not commited yet, but I want too so badly.

Annissė
07-28-2010, 07:44 AM
I too will be HOPEFULLY making the Tron:Legacy Quorra costume for D*CON 2010. I badly want to finish that costume before the movie comes out and will be wearing it to a sneak peek movie premiere. I work for Disney and it would be RAD to walk in that theater all lite up in that costume ;)

I am a total perfectionist. Right down to the details in the fabric. I can see from a post card for Tron:Legacy with Quorra I obtained from SDCC just last week, there are very tiny hexagon shapes in the spandex part of her suit. Have no idea where to get that exact print on a black spandex fabric like that. Would probably have to be custom made just the fabric order for a butt load of money.

Then her chest harness, back side and disk, arms and legging parts even right down to her boots are clearly a rubber molds. To get that actual material to achieve that look would cost a butt load as well.

With only a month to D*Con, and hardly any good reference photos of Quorra to go by at this point, I am going to probably half ass the materials, which I hate saying because I never do this. I can remake them another time hopefully before the movie's release in Dec. '10.

If any one here knows of where you can material custom printed please let me know.

Thank you!
~Annissė

Nin-Kitty
07-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Anisse, I'm also making Quorra (changed plans after realizing how far over my head I was with Sam >>) I have most of her details worked out, so definately shoot me a note so we can tag team on this! :D

OO Green Ranger
08-02-2010, 10:19 PM
If I wanted to make a suit, where would I start looking? I looked into this earlier in the year but there was very little info on it. At least on the legacy suits.

Nin-Kitty
08-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Send me a message and I'll give you the info I have :)

OO Green Ranger
08-05-2010, 04:47 PM
I sent you a pm :)

Annissė
08-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Anisse, I'm also making Quorra (changed plans after realizing how far over my head I was with Sam >>) I have most of her details worked out, so definately shoot me a note so we can tag team on this! :D

Hi Nin-Kitty! How ya doing? Just wanted to see how you are coming along with your Quorra costume? And is there an entry for Tron Legacy in the parade this year? I was gonna skip the parade but I may just have to down a Rockstar get up at 6am and do this! ;)

~A

JordanExcelsior
08-29-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm definitely going to be researching how to get a Tron : Legacy cosplay started, as soon as I saw the extended footage at San Diego Comic-Con 2010, I immediately wanted to cosplay it.

Annissė
09-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Just uploaded my Quorra costume I debuted at Dragon Con 2010 to my profile. Check 'em out! :)

Thanks!
~Annissė

DAVIDYR1
09-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Tron Legacy: Movie Replica Motorcycle Suits
Sam Flynn and Quorra

Universal Designs Ltd. (http://www.udreplicas.com)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/UDesigns1/Tron%20Legacy/SAMQUORRAFINAL.jpg

http://www.udreplicas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/sam-large.jpg

http://www.udreplicas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/quorra-large.jpg

Silicone Hexagon 3D Raised Print:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/UDesigns1/Tron%20Legacy/HexagonPrintFinal.jpg

Individual garments will also be made available for purchase over the next few days.

Just uploaded my Quorra costume I debuted at Dragon Con 2010 to my profile. Check 'em out! :)

Thanks!
~Annissė

I saw this about a week ago...! Very very very well done and incredibly well executed.:)

David

Thormungandr
09-29-2010, 12:54 AM
I made myself a Tron cosplay using white spandex, hockey pads, glow paint, and reflective tape (check my cosplay profile for pics). It was really fun to make and I'm going to do some touch ups and put some EL wire on the disc. For halloween I'm going to be working on a Yori costume for my gf and I eventually want to make Sark for myself. As for legacy...as soon as I figure out what type of materials to use I'm all over that:toothy:

CursingL
10-08-2010, 05:30 PM
I will totally be up for a Tron Legacy cosplay. I didn't like how it looked in the original. Quick I need 1000 dollars!

quiksilver1209
10-28-2010, 11:21 PM
i'm new to cosplay.com, after going to SDCC 2010 and seeing the TRON Legacy panel I want to definitely cosplay next year. I already have an identity disc but just not sure where to start making Sam Flynn's suit. Any ideas?

CursingL
10-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Oh and for anybody that hasn't seen this. Marvel is doing mashups with TRON since Disney owns Marvel. And if I see some cosplays of the mashup spider-man for example... you will be a god in my eyes. http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/10/18/marvel-tron-legacy-variant-cover-mashups/

Tcollt
11-12-2010, 12:20 PM

Thanks!
~Annissė

That is kick ass!!! what did you use to make it light up?

daguru
11-14-2010, 10:41 PM

Thanks!
~Annissė

FFFF- wow....

Hmmm, hexagon print... I know Zaya Spif did an EXCELLENT Jill Valentine from RE:5 and was able to find/make the hex print on her fabric.
Check it out:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2720748/

Kiwi54
11-21-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm planning on cosplaying one of the Sirens. I wanted to try and get this done b4 the movie came out...-_- (Just Recently got set back a few steps) But I'm gonna keep working on it nonetheless. Anyone Else

StrykerCrewman
11-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Good luck to you. I'd love to see how it comes out. I remember seeing the original movie when I was very small, and I'm pretty excited about the new one.

Tobias Night
11-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Wonder if it is worth setting up a Member Gathering type thread dealy-thing for the Tron midnight premiere. I sure as Hell am going to the El Capitan for the midnight premiere. I just hope this movie lives up to the hype.

B.O.M.
12-01-2010, 08:43 PM

Thanks!
~Annissė

You did a really good job. Be sure to post updated pics if you redo it to EL.

After glow
12-02-2010, 01:51 AM
Annisse-You're like, my hero. One day I shall hope to be as amazing of a costumer as you!

Right now I'm making Quorra (a more temporary version for the midnight showing) and I have a question for those who used eletrical tape as I don't have the funds for El wire right now. When making the circle designs on the program vest part, how did you avoid the tape looking too angular or puckering? I've tried it several times now and I'm super frustrated--ugh!

FrickFran
12-03-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm a newbie to cosplay and this will be the first costume that I will be attempting.
I would love to make a Quorra costume from Tron.
I am having trouble figuring out what kind of material to use for the outer armor and legs of the costume.
Looked up motorcyle jackets, wet suits, and they are all pretty expensive.
I'm looking for a cheap alternative that would will still look pretty movie accurate.

Here are some reference pictures that I have found of the costume that might help:
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Citrus-limon/tron.jpg

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l628/GeneralJumperOne/Tron/Quorra1-1.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/al7n6awi/Movies%202010/tron_legacy_ver3.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/simian2008/cool%20poster%20never%20seen%20it/tron_legacy_ver9.jpg

ZeroEnna
12-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Hey,

You have two options.
The first is to use shiny lycra for the bodysuit whichi would give it both a shine look on the legs and a structured look on the top.
Second, you can use stretch leather, which has imo the same look.

Regards

Zero

everythingman
12-10-2010, 11:54 AM
My fiance and I are going as original TRON... Tron and Yori.. to the midnight release in Fresno, CA. We got the chance to wear the costumes we made to the Disney Meet-Up elecTRONica event last month and it was a BLAST. Anyone else doing classic TRON?

anime_wench
12-14-2010, 01:45 PM
It's just DAYS from the midnight release of TRON: Legacy, why is this thread so dead? lol! Any last minute costume tweaks? I'm going to be working on my friend Wills white toga thingy for classic Flynn today...

VampireKitten
12-14-2010, 04:01 PM
I am working on mine, now that I got my account back (apparently something happened and I couldn't post). I have been working on a Siren with my boyfriend, I don't know anything about EL or anything electrical so he's been forging ahead on that one. Maybe I can get him to post here about it.

So far:
The outfit - I still need to find the right material... I am looking into neoprene or some spandex type material. Nothing has been done on this mostly due to the fact that we haven't actually gone out and looked for fabric yet. I'll probably find something in the Fabric District in LA.

The Disk - Is one of the "Sam Flynn" Deluxe disk's, got it at Toys R Us.
We took it apart and removed all the clear plastic to make room for the EL tape on the inside. The insides will be removed and it will be spray painted white.
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CSM6014385lg.jpg

The EL Tape - We have been trying to figure out how EL tape actually works and how to use it to our advantage. Most of the planning stages have gone into this and where to hide the battery packs (which will be placed in the center of the disk on my back as well as two within the boots). This is what it looks like in the dark, it's a bit more pinkish in the light but I don't expect to be wearing this in the sun lol.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1201.snc4/155379_487470199784_727964784_5468435_3066314_n.jp g

Some notes, the Siren is possibly the hardest costume I could have picked to do. Just be warned it will be difficult, but I really wanted to go all out with this. I am super excited and can't wait to see the result. This will debut after the movie because we just simply can't get it done in time.

daguru
12-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Hmmm, where did you get your EL tape (flatlight) from?
VampireKitten

Tobias Night
12-15-2010, 07:41 PM
One more day kids! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I REALLY hope this movie isn't going to be a let down. Disney has promoted the HELL out of this movie. Wouldn't be surprised if they spent more money advertising this movie than it took to make the Avatar movie XD

Hopefully my photographer friend can get some great pictures of the cosplayers that will be at the El Capitan and post it here. These costumes are definitely something that needs to be showcased!

VampireKitten
12-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I got the EL from a place called Glow Hut... just be warned it's not easy to work with.

anime_wench
12-15-2010, 11:12 PM
@Tobias - I am SOOOO jealous that you're going to the El Capitan! My fiance (going as Tron) couldn't get the Friday off work, and my friend Will (going as Flynn) couldn't manage another trip to southern California, so we're stuck in central California for the midnight release. We're usually the only ones cosplaying.. or rather, the only ones cosplaying well.. so it takes a bit of the zest out of the event. So post lots of pics, and we'll live vicariously through you.. lol! ^_^

Tobias Night
12-16-2010, 02:29 AM
@Tobias - I am SOOOO jealous that you're going to the El Capitan! My fiance (going as Tron) couldn't get the Friday off work, and my friend Will (going as Flynn) couldn't manage another trip to southern California, so we're stuck in central California for the midnight release. We're usually the only ones cosplaying.. or rather, the only ones cosplaying well.. so it takes a bit of the zest out of the event. So post lots of pics, and we'll live vicariously through you.. lol! ^_^

Well that definitely sucks! This is the first movie where I've gone to see and wanted to go to the 'top notch' theater for the midnight release, and of course it HAD to be a Disney movie (generally dislike Disney). I still hate you Disney..always >.<!

I didn't even KNOW there are places that existed in Central California other than just...er...than just...hm...what exactly IS in Central California? XD

Anyway, hopefully my photographer friend can get plenty of awesome shots with people walking around like a boss :D

AznTranquility
12-16-2010, 12:00 PM
progress progress progress
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VKbxlJU7DwY/TQnTqCRaESI/AAAAAAAAAGc/ogBC5U9LWjI/s320/Photo0404.jpg

daguru
12-16-2010, 08:24 PM
I got the EL from a place called Glow Hut... just be warned it's not easy to work with.

I've used the split-diode type before, and yes, it's a pain in the butt.

Which is why if I ever decide to do costumes from the new film, I'll be using el wire and diffusing it with shower curtain or an other 'like' material.

anime_wench
12-17-2010, 12:08 PM
O.M.G. TRON WAS AWESOME!!! I wore my Yori outfit and froze my ass off in the rain. Now I'm going to go pass out again so I can sneak in an extra hour of sleep before work.. but seriously guys. OMG! What did everyone else think??

VampireKitten
12-17-2010, 03:09 PM
I've used the split-diode type before, and yes, it's a pain in the butt.

Which is why if I ever decide to do costumes from the new film, I'll be using el wire and diffusing it with shower curtain or an other 'like' material.

To be honest... I think it will work out alright. I want it to be as smooth as possible. Would you know the best way of making a 90 degree angle with it?

I went to the Archlight in Sherman Oaks where they had some of the costumes and props on display in the lobby. I took some pics with my phone and I'll be posting those who anyone interested.

Clive-kun
12-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Hey guys! So, I'm working on a Gem costume (and after seeing the movie yesterday, SO excited now!!) BUT I've run into a small dilemma. The shoes. I'm guessing we all noticed those sexy shoes the sirens are wearing (that for some unknown reason you couldn't see at all in the previews....BAHHHH). So what I have for references for the sexy sexy things are:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GIchwvJ-aNk/TQLRjHcqqkI/AAAAAAAAXmg/zjqqEJPhRnI/s800/Siren%2BGem%2BTron%2BLegacy%2Bcostume.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GIchwvJ-aNk/TQLHo9rMf0I/AAAAAAAAXlA/uFtKqhBzbhw/s800/Siren%2Bshoe%2Bheel%2BTron%2BLegacy.jpg

I'm not that good at editing shoes really, so I'm hoping to find as close to them as possible (I can add the fabric, but editing the actual shoe part would be hard) Any suggestions at all would be awesome.

MDA
12-18-2010, 12:08 AM
I just got home from going to see it. A friend and I went to see the first showing (was at 6:50, but we went shopping after the movie).

I'm already working on Cora, and my friend is going to be making Zeus/Xeus(Sp?)

We're trying to figure out how to make our outfits glow.

fairuza
12-18-2010, 12:57 AM
I got back from seeing the movie and I loved it!

I'm thinking about making a Quorra costume! I think the hardest part will probably be trying to figure out how to add some neon lights to the outfit.

Silvana_Girl
12-18-2010, 01:15 AM
Just saw the movie! A group of my friends and I are planning original design Tron:Legacy Costumes for D*C 2011. :D

The armor is going to be the hardest part, and it's going to require a body cast of each person who needs it. Lots of sculpting ahead!

I'm pretty good with EL Wire and Tape, and that's what we will be using for sure... My one concern... Screen accurate spandex with the hexagon print on it. I'm going to have to hunt down the same fabric, or something very similar.

Also, really glad to see the discs are in stores! *runs to buy one.* <3

VampireKitten
12-18-2010, 01:56 AM
Clive, I was seriously thinking of just modifying some white platforms or gogo boots, pretty easy.

Clive-kun
12-18-2010, 11:14 AM
VampireKitten: I thought about that as well, but I know I've seen those shoes somewhere, I just can't remember where (about 2 months ago I was looking for invisible heels and somehow found those exact shoes, and of course I had no idea about them at the time and just skipped over them, and now I can't find them again). I'm absolutely horrible at modifying shoes so I'm really worried about having to modify a pair for them.

VampireKitten
12-18-2010, 07:07 PM
White disk almost done: http://ow.ly/i/6vwa

SpiffyPoptarts
12-19-2010, 04:34 AM
OKAY. So I've officially decided I want to do a Quorra cosplay. Yup I'm screwed.

Hey guys! So, I'm working on a Gem costume (and after seeing the movie yesterday, SO excited now!!) BUT I've run into a small dilemma. The shoes. I'm guessing we all noticed those sexy shoes the sirens are wearing (that for some unknown reason you couldn't see at all in the previews....BAHHHH). So what I have for references for the sexy sexy things are:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GIchwvJ-aNk/TQLRjHcqqkI/AAAAAAAAXmg/zjqqEJPhRnI/s800/Siren%2BGem%2BTron%2BLegacy%2Bcostume.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GIchwvJ-aNk/TQLHo9rMf0I/AAAAAAAAXlA/uFtKqhBzbhw/s800/Siren%2Bshoe%2Bheel%2BTron%2BLegacy.jpg

I'm not that good at editing shoes really, so I'm hoping to find as close to them as possible (I can add the fabric, but editing the actual shoe part would be hard) Any suggestions at all would be awesome.
the style is called a cut out wedge, if that helps at all... :/
Edit: the closet thing I could find was this http://www.hisshoefetish.com/stpacuwe.html
I guess you could take out the studs and paint it? But I dunno

mezil
12-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Saw the new movie and fell in love. *3*
My friend and I plan on cosplaying from the movie, but I am having a hard time trying to figure out who I'll cosplay. They are all pretty awesome. She is for sure doing Quorra, but I'm deciding between Rinzler, Zeus, and Sam.
I think I'm leaning towards Rinzler though. If I do cosplay him though, I'm not too sure how to do the helmet. It's pretty oddly shaped, and looks more proportional to the body then most helmets of that style do.
Any suggestions? Who to do, or ideas on the helmet?
Any help will be very appreciated.

Faraday
12-20-2010, 01:19 AM
I totally have to figure out a way to make Quorra happen for me, even if it's just what she's wearing at the end of the film because the whole movie was AMAZING. hell, even the waitresses designs were awesome, I will never get over it, lol.

If any one's looking for more ref. images, I found this lovely website that includes drawings of all the suits: http://www.cinemablend.com/gallery/previews/Tron-Legacy-4045.html

elaurenta
12-21-2010, 08:20 PM
OMG. -squee-

I am so excited for this. I can't wait to see everyone's costume!

I am planning on doing a Zeus cosplay from Legacy. OH! And Tron Sora~ =3 Anyone wanna be my Gem? <3

CreativeGuy
12-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Won't be getting my Tron Disk until Christmas Eve, but I will be starting a costume sometime soon. Probably going to mod the lighting in it to make it brighter. I'm not putting a big deadline on the costume as I have other costume projects in the works that have been put on hold and worked on and put on hold again for a while. I don't plan on basing it on a particular character from the films but would rather go with my own design since I know there will end up being about a hundred of the same characters from the film costumes done. I want to branch out from that a bit.

elaurenta
12-21-2010, 09:03 PM
I just got home from going to see it. A friend and I went to see the first showing (was at 6:50, but we went shopping after the movie).

I'm already working on Cora, and my friend is going to be making Zeus/Xeus(Sp?)

We're trying to figure out how to make our outfits glow.

ZEUS AHHHH <33

You need to get EL tape. =3

Clive-kun
12-21-2010, 11:19 PM
On another note, white and silver matte stretch vinyl is ORDERED for Gem. So as soon as that comes in and we finally order our lights, I can get started on actually making it. I have my disc but I haven't started painting it over yet, also waiting on the lights for that, and...yeah. I'm still looking for the shoes. I like the ones you posted, Spiffy, but I might still see what I can find. I might have to break down and modify some, even though I'm terrified of it.

Jia Jem
12-22-2010, 11:01 AM
My one concern... Screen accurate spandex with the hexagon print on it. I'm going to have to hunt down the same fabric, or something very similar.

http://www.fabricondemand.com/index.html

Custom printed spandex/lycra. :)

WANT TO DO GEM. SO BAD.

...mostly for the light up umbrella and super cute clear raincoat.

ps: For Gem's / Siren shoes, google "cut out heel wedge shoe". There are lots that seem easy to modify. Or, you could get a cork/foam wedge and drill a hole out, or build off a pair of heels.

Jia Jem
12-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Double postin' to put up Annisse's effing impressive Tron group! (Hope she doesn't mind!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/annissedesigns/sets/72157625531340513/

Crusader_8
12-23-2010, 03:20 PM
I just want to know how to incorporate EL wire into the costume when moving joints (elbows and knees) are involved. ;-; It is so disheartening to be stumped so early in planning the costume!

daguru
12-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Double postin' to put up Annisse's effing impressive Tron group! (Hope she doesn't mind!)

That's it, I give up XD
These are amazing!

Crusader_8
12-24-2010, 01:48 AM
Don't give up! just because you can't be the best doesn't mean you're obsolete.

Annissė
12-24-2010, 05:41 AM

Hi Jia!

hehe :) I just came in here to post my completed 2nd build of my illuminated Quorra suit pics for you all to check out and you already found it. If you would like to see some more, I made a new album called Quorra Illuminated in my profile.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/343944/

Also, for SDCC I want to do a SIREN costume as well, and I actually have a group of SIREN girls set for SDCC 2011. There are great reference pic links that I found thanks to the RPF group. Hope I can post the RPF link here to join our discussion group we have almost 70 pages of goodness in our Tron Legacy planning thread since August.

If you all want to learn how we lit up our Tron suits, not to mention where to get the custom HEX print for the bodysuit and even learn to mod the store bought identity disk to stay lite up contantly and even change the blue plastic rings to clear and change out the LED colors, please come read and join in. It's a ton to go thru but it's all there for you to absorb, learn and DO!

ENJOY!!! :D

Learn to light up those Tron suits and what to make your armor out of....
http://www.therpf.com/f24/tron-legacy-costume-planning-88230/

The DISC MOD thread....
http://www.therpf.com/f24/tron-legacy-deluxe-identity-disc-mods-98306/

SIREN suit pics....
http://hollywoodmoviecostumesandprops.blogspot.com/search/label/Tron%20Legacy

SpiffyPoptarts
12-24-2010, 03:33 PM
If you all want to learn how we lit up our Tron suits, not to mention where to get the custom HEX print for the bodysuit and even learn to mod the store bought identity disk to stay lite up contantly and even change the blue plastic rings to clear and change out the LED colors, please come read and join in. It's a ton to go thru but it's all there for you to absorb, learn and DO!

The DISC MOD thread....

SIREN suit pics....

That was unbelievably helpful! Thank youuu.

It probably won't turn out how I want it to, but I at least have a general idea of how I'll be making it now, and that's something...

Crusader_8
12-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Can I c/p those links to the resource thread? For completeness' sake ya know...

Katiedid
12-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Hey everybody, I'm making Quorra and Sam costumes and I need some advice! Because of my limited pattern making ability, I am making the armor out of duct tape, and I was going to cover it with some black vinyl. The armor base looks really good so far, and I haven't covered it yet, but I had an idea and I'm not sure if it will work. Would it work to cover the duct tape base with Mold Builder liquid latex rubber, or something like that, and paint over it? I've never worked with the stuff before, but I thought if it would work it would give more of an accurate surface for the armor.

Thanks!

tifaia
12-25-2010, 10:33 PM

The DISC MOD thread....

SIREN suit pics....

I love the work you did on your Quorra. Thanks so much for posting the links! These will be fantastic research tools. ^^

Just got back from seeing it, and now I totally want to make one of the Siren's, Gem in particular. Damn you Tron...giving me more necessary work. >.>

Annissė
12-26-2010, 10:29 AM
I love the work you did on your Quorra. Thanks so much for posting the links! These will be fantastic research tools. ^^

Just got back from seeing it, and now I totally want to make one of the Siren's, Gem in particular. Damn you Tron...giving me more necessary work. >.>

Thank you. It was alot of fun and very tedious work all at once but worth it when you finally get the suit on you! :D

Can't wait to start my SIREN costume. Think I am only going to use reflective tape on this though, the kind with the gloss vinyl overlay on top.

That is what is on display at the Arclight in Sherman Oaks, CA and one of the acutal costumes worn in the movie. Whether it was worn on GEM, I have no idea. One of the other Siren chicks maybe??? but there are great close up pics ppl have taken of the costume on Flickr. The link can be found in the RPF link I posted to the Siren photos.

VampireKitten
12-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Truth be told Annisse I read the entire thread and follow you on facebook lol. I first learned about you from model mayhem :) you (and the rest of the guys on that forum) have been a huge help trying to get all of the electrical aspects of this costume done. Thank You, btw I know Shawn from those pics I am in the 501st with him.

HezaChan
12-26-2010, 07:58 PM
WANT TO DO GEM. SO BAD.

Somehow I knew you would. I loved that outfit of hers!

RedSonya
12-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Alright, I am totally doing Quorra. Fabric is already ordered and now I have a clear direction as to go about sewing the suit. Endless hours of staring at Tron threads, pictures, and videos really helps.

kimboo
12-28-2010, 02:02 PM

Thanks!
~Annissė

WOW!!!! Seriously that is the BEST Tron suit I have seen so far!!!!! I would really want to make one just like yours, how long did it take you? What kind of materials did you use??
-Kimboo

kimboo
12-28-2010, 02:05 PM
WOW!!!! Seriously that is the BEST Tron suit I have seen so far!!!!! I would really want to make one just like yours, how long did it take you? What kind of materials did you use??
-Kimboo

Annd I'm an idiot and didn't read far enough cause I just saw thatyou posted some links..:S opps! Brilliant job though..I can't get over the detail and precision that you managed to get into your costume..I hope mine turns out like that!! :)
-Kimboo

Morluna
12-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Hey guys!

I'm beginning the planning stage for my SIREN costume. I am planning to do Gem, but I may just end up doing an original SIREN. Either way, I'm super psyched about it! I actually just got back from seeing the movie for the first time a couple of hours ago, but I've been so excited about starting this costume for a few months!

So my big question right now is the SIREN shoes. I saw that you guys have discussed this issue a little bit already. I am thinking of two options right now... either 1) I get a pair of basic heels and sculpt the base piece that connects between the heel and the toe section. Or 2) Get a pair of wedge heels and drill a hole and sand it down to the desired shape.

My only concern with sculpting the shape myself is that I worry any material I use will not be durable enough, and/or may be too brittle and break from being walked on. My potential materials would be Bondo or some kind of moldeable plastic that could then be sanded down to the desired shape. My concern with option 2 is that the wedge material might also lose strength from my modifications.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

oxVICIOUSxo
12-30-2010, 12:21 AM
Hey guys!

Any thoughts or suggestions?

for shoes if your just modifying heels, use sheet metal for the insert. plus, you can sound like a robot when you walk. cool? i think so.

use 18 or 20 gauge probably.

bondo is a filler and is not made to be used by its self.

wood and a dremel tool would also maybe wrok

option 2 is probably better and it will be fine as long as you leave enough material there for support. i would go with a sawzall and a dremel tool instead of a drill.

also, make sure you can get in and out of your costume fairly easy.

thats where im at right now with a piece im making for my chest/waist. it looks great and all but its a work out to get it on and takes 2 to get it off. going to modify it tomorrow hopefully

Axelai
12-30-2010, 02:36 AM
I wanna cosplay Quorra so badly ; o ; But i lack any knowledge of El Wire. Woe is me.

oxVICIOUSxo
12-30-2010, 07:24 PM
I wanna cosplay Quorra so badly ; o ; But i lack any knowledge of El Wire. Woe is me.

i just got mine in today. and its very easy to use and flexible

I recommend glowhut for wire and tape, Home (http://www.glowhut.com)

fast delivery, great product so far, and one of the best prices ive seen

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy312/ballsakd/Snapshot1.jpg
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy312/ballsakd/Snapshot2.jpg
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy312/ballsakd/Snapshot3.jpg

Champuro
12-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Hey guys!

So I'm just starting on a Quorra costume, with early early plans to do a Gem one two in the very near future, and really I only have a few problems, namely that I can't find very many super clear references for Quorra's suit. I saw that someone posted a photo of Gem's suit from a costume display - does anyone know where that exhibition was and if there were any clear and detailed shots of Quorra's?

I'm a fashion designer living in NYC so I've already tracked down the hexagonal spandex and EL tape is in no short supply up here, so really the only issue so far is the body armor since I don't have very much casting experience. How are you guys doing it? I'm taking a casting class at uni next semester so that'll probably be the last thing I do, but I was thinking maybe just buying sheets of rubber and cutting them down into body armor might be a cheaper and easier alternative.

Thanks for the help~!

Cassmasterflex
12-30-2010, 10:36 PM
I have no clue on the armor. Thats what I'm stuck on as well.
I'm planning on a guard outfit, but customizing it a bit so it looks female. http://clothesonfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Tron-Legacy_Black-Guard-light-suit-top_Image-Credit-Disney-Enterprises-Inc..jpg

I'm thinking of buying a catsuit and building on it with the armor. The rubber sounds like a great idea *shrugs* I'm doing this blindly.

SvK
12-31-2010, 07:01 AM

I spot a Blade Runner fan.

Jia Jem
12-31-2010, 02:32 PM
I spot a Blade Runner fan.

guilty..........
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/191029/

(EFF I love those umbrellas~! I have a red one that was a gift!)

Morluna
01-01-2011, 04:21 PM
for shoes if your just modifying heels, use sheet metal for the insert. plus, you can sound like a robot when you walk. cool? i think so.

use 18 or 20 gauge probably.

bondo is a filler and is not made to be used by its self.

wood and a dremel tool would also maybe wrok

option 2 is probably better and it will be fine as long as you leave enough material there for support. i would go with a sawzall and a dremel tool instead of a drill.

also, make sure you can get in and out of your costume fairly easy.

thats where im at right now with a piece im making for my chest/waist. it looks great and all but its a work out to get it on and takes 2 to get it off. going to modify it tomorrow hopefully

Oooh, I had NOT thought of the sheet metal option. I like that. And robot noise is ALWAYS a plus. Thank you for the suggestions! And oh yes, I swear by my Dremel tool. <3 Hm... now I have a few things to think about. Thanks!

alpha_helix
01-03-2011, 10:40 PM
eeeeee, finally saw Tron, and I really. REALLY wanna cosplay Zuse at some point. We will see, it's so unlike anything that I have ever even thought of making ever. Feeling out of my element like woah. Not a fish out of water, but a fish in, like, the vacuum of space.

Also my friend reeeeeally wants to cosplay Quorra. We will try to make it work.

Ramen Lord
01-04-2011, 03:02 PM
OKAY. So I've officially decided I want to do a Quorra cosplay. Yup I'm screwed.

the style is called a cut out wedge, if that helps at all... :/
Edit: the closet thing I could find was this http://www.hisshoefetish.com/stpacuwe.html
I guess you could take out the studs and paint it? But I dunno

Would getting a wedge shoe and cutting it work? I've never done that before but it might work.

Morluna
01-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Ramen Lord: That's... what I was just talking about. I think it would work.

x_moto
01-05-2011, 01:00 AM
As many others in this thread, I too am thinking of doing a Tron costume, but I'm stuck on how to attach the disk mount (not sure what it's called) on their backs to the costume... any ideas?

Crusader_8
01-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Magnetic strips @ your local ben franklin.

WstAnimeBrigade
01-05-2011, 07:09 PM
I too have just seen Tron and fallen in love. I really want to make Gem's costume, but I'm worried about a few things...
1.) Her hair! Should you use a wig or your natural hair (if possible).
2.) The lights- would you use El Tape, or El Wire. Because I've found that Gem's lines are slimmer than Khora's (sp) or Sam's glow lines.
3.) Would you want to have a corset of some-sort? Then re-wrap in in the spandex.

These threads have been helpful but i just wanted some opinions.

x_moto
01-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Magnetic strips @ your local ben franklin.
No no, not to make the disk stick to my back, but the actual mount itself that's attached to their clothing.

Satine
01-06-2011, 03:43 AM
I have been holding off wanting to make one of these costumes as I have some fairly intense costumes on the go already. However a massive allergic reaction (possibly) has put a hold on them ;)

So it's Gem! I have off white and silver stretch PVC so will be using that rather than making my own latex coated fabric. Mainly because it's hard to get the surface even without industrial equipment ;) Also the PVC is going to last longer.

On the topic of shoes, do not cut out anything. Shoes need to be structurally sound and soles are not that easy to adapt, certainly not cutting out. If you do go this route I recommend making sure the material is solid enough to withstand it. You may have to cut up a few pairs of shoes to get that needed support in the sole and heel. So in this case it may be better to get heels and add to them, again you will need to make sure that the material is strong enough. The original shoes also have a rubber recessed sole for grip so definitely make sure that you have grip.

I'll be using the same technique I used to make my Samara bodysuit (which is funnily enough a rubber coated fabric) where I used my base pattern, drew on the new cutting lines and then recut it. I have a pattern already started for Seven of Nine that fits well and will be easy to adapt to Gem :)
For Samara I had a good practice in joining shoes to bodysuit as well, though detail shots of the costume show the bodysuit is connected to the shoes by velcro ;)

The lenses have hexagonal pupils but really it was not noticeable in the movie itself. I saw it in 3D at an Imax and still wasn't able to see the shape. I could see they were larger for sure though :) My Black Wolf lenses have the same effect so I'm going to see if I can find something that will work but not have to be custom made! I have a prescription so it's a little harder to find lenses.

fairuza
01-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Just ordered my suit for Quorra! Can't wait to get started on this! :D
I guess my only question might be the lighting options for the suit. Since I've noticed quite a few alternatives following the El Wire, I'm thinking of possibly getting some glow tape but the only problem would be that I've found quite a few glow tapes being sold on ebay with the mentioning that the light on them will only last for 6 hours.

I would use El Wire but I haven't the slightest clue on how to use it. ^^;

I guess it's a good thing that July isn't around the corner for AX,lol.

Silvana_Girl
01-07-2011, 02:34 AM
Okay, here's my question... Has anyone read through that HUGE thread on:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/tron-legacy-costume-planning-88230/index4.html

Enough to find out where the hex print fabric is? I'm seriously going to kill my self reading through all the pages to find it, although I am gaining a lot of good info. As long as I can get the fabric, I have the rest of the costume figured out, which is very excitingggg. <3

Thanks all!

Silvana_Girl
01-07-2011, 02:59 AM
Hey guys!

I'm a fashion designer living in NYC so I've already tracked down the hexagonal spandex and EL tape is in no short supply up here, so really the only issue so far is the body armor since I don't have very much casting experience. How are you guys doing it? I'm taking a casting class at uni next semester so that'll probably be the last thing I do, but I was thinking maybe just buying sheets of rubber and cutting them down into body armor might be a cheaper and easier alternative.

Thanks for the help~!

Can I ask where you got your fabric in NY, and possibly a photo? I used to live there and I have people there who may be able to shop for me... <3 Thanks!

Odile
01-10-2011, 07:25 AM
After researching the game and catching sight of the character Radia, it'd be fantastic to see the rest of her costume and make it.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101127195454/tron/images/0/0e/Radia.png (http://tron.wikia.com/index.php?title=Radia&image=Radia-png)

Satine
01-11-2011, 04:30 AM
Hooray! I love the look of Radia :) Though I did love a comment comparing her to Padme ;)

VampireKitten
01-16-2011, 01:01 PM

Enough to find out where the hex print fabric is? I'm seriously going to kill my self reading through all the pages to find it, although I am gaining a lot of good info. As long as I can get the fabric, I have the rest of the costume figured out, which is very excitingggg. <3

Thanks all!

Sorry I didn't get to this until now, busy during the holidays.

I read through the whole thing, top to bottom, but mostly for the EL strip/paper/wire systems that people used. As far as I know a lot of people were just getting their own print screened, it's about mid-thread I would say start there. It took me about 2 hours to read through the whole thing lol.

VampireKitten
01-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Is anyone working on a Siren at this very moment who would like to discuss bodysuit options? I am going to piece it together with a thick stretch material on my own rather than buying anything. I really don't think that I could just buy a white bodysuit and add the gray to it without it looking like crap.

kayandhearts
01-17-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm about to get started on my quorra costume! can't wait!!

gixxer
01-18-2011, 09:38 AM
im making my custom costume based on Clu ... Estimation of completion is 19th February 2011

Berzerker_prime
01-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Does anyone here have any good links for electroluminescent fabric?

Jia Jem
01-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Here's a pretty similar looking shoe for the sirens:

http://www.trashy.com/623-Brook-Shoes.3923-product.htm

It's the closest I've been able to find so far! Not exact, but it depends how picky you want to be, or how much time you are putting into the project.

*fades into lurking again*

VampireKitten
01-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks Jem, very helpful!

Prime, what do you mean electroluminescent fabric? There are EL strips, wire and paper. All of which have different degrees of difficulty.

egg_gamer
01-19-2011, 10:23 PM
here are two shoes that would both need a little modification for the Sirens:
http://www.shiekhshoes.com/store/pc-17393-3-shiekh-poet-h.aspx
http://www.shiekhshoes.com/store/pc-17410-3-shiekh-rianna.aspx

However, it looks like the work might be changing the color or adding a covering to the shoe, but this way you don't have to mess with the structural integrity.

Satine
01-20-2011, 01:46 AM
I got my shoes today :) They have the exact same heel as that used on the display costume:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/glittersweet/costume/tron/sm_P1090001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/glittersweet/costume/tron/sm_P1090002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/glittersweet/costume/tron/sm_P1090003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/glittersweet/costume/tron/sm_P1090004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/glittersweet/costume/tron/sm_P1090005.jpg

I need to make new uppers and also paint them white but these are from the same mold :)
These are Taildrop by Nine West and other shoes with this heel are Twisted by Nine West and Pumpkin by Romantic Soles. All of these are out of stock most places but they canbe found on auction sites :)

Misarylane
01-20-2011, 02:31 AM
I found this El tape for pretty cheap https://www.jab-tech.com/EL-Wire-and-EL-Tape-c-62.html

Ano-Nim
01-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Okay, so I've decided to make a Quorra cosplay ^^.

I've heard of lots of people using Elwire, but could Eltape be used just as well? I'm trying to avoid making the lighting sections look too thin or "fake".

Advice on materials for the bodysuit, particularly the rubber "armour" part would be great, thanks!

This is going to be really useful for me <3

VampireKitten
01-22-2011, 04:52 PM
EL Tape is difficult because it is extremely difficult to make angles work properly. It might look right for some things, but others I would suggest EL paper/sheet.

Icey
01-23-2011, 05:10 AM
I'm jumping on the bandwagon as well; I'll be making Clu's robe and helmet.

orpex
01-30-2011, 10:19 AM

Thanks all!

I am set up for a limited run of the hex pattern on Lycra Spandex. It is a bit pricey ($41 per yard) so PM me if you want me to send you a swatch. I am guessing it will take 3 yards for Sam, 1 yard for Quorra... but I haven't finished our costumes yet!

http://orpex.blogspot.com/p/hexagon-fabric.html

Bunnyko
01-31-2011, 02:07 PM
I was planning on cosplaying a female version of him. I see alot of people talking about the other characters, but no real mention of zuse. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what fabric to work with for his outfit? And i can find clear canes, but am at a loss as to how to make it glow. i wouldnt be able to hollow out the entire cane, and a light at the bottom doesnt seem like it would light it up well enough. Any suggestions for that?

orpex
01-31-2011, 06:11 PM
I was planning on cosplaying a female version of him. I see alot of people talking about the other characters, but no real mention of zuse. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what fabric to work with for his outfit? And i can find clear canes, but am at a loss as to how to make it glow. i wouldnt be able to hollow out the entire cane, and a light at the bottom doesnt seem like it would light it up well enough. Any suggestions for that?

Oh that would be sweet!

I came across something like this but it isn't the right shape... but this is what you would need in order to stick lights in it... http://www.clearcanes.com/tube.html

http://brewandreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/TRON-Zeus.jpg

Icey
01-31-2011, 09:59 PM
I don't know how much help it'll be, but the armchair archivists took a look at some of the props from the movie, including the cane. It's a short segment, but it at least gives you a closer look at it. Starts about 7 minutes in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PvWH_um9t4

Narnian
02-03-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm considering making a Quorra cosplay for a con in August. I want to get it as accurate as possible, but I don't have much money to spend since school is taking most of it. I was wondering what a price estimate would be to make the cosplay movie perfect (or nearly perfect). Also, what would be the best materials to use for the lighting effects in her outfit?

orpex
02-04-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm considering making a Quorra cosplay for a con in August. I want to get it as accurate as possible, but I don't have much money to spend since school is taking most of it. I was wondering what a price estimate would be to make the cosplay movie perfect (or nearly perfect). Also, what would be the best materials to use for the lighting effects in her outfit?

We are at $276 (to date) with a custom disc, wig, leggings, EL sheets/tape, EVA foam, boots, and a yard (approximate exposure) of the custom hexagon print. We are going for near screen accuracy. We had a budget of $75... that didn't work out so well... :mfg:

Sam is only slightly more expensive at $306 which surprised us... it is because he basically has a full body suit of the hexagon print on Lycra.

Narnian
02-04-2011, 09:31 PM
@_@ Wow! That's a lot of money.

orpex
02-07-2011, 04:47 AM
@_@ Wow! That's a lot of money.

We keep reminding ourselves that the real costume cost them $60,000 so we don't feel so bad...

Narnian
02-07-2011, 04:21 PM
*sees price and dies* Dude! In that case the price isn't so bad.

Kiwi54
02-07-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm not sure if this has come up, but the back mount on the suits for the disks (Sirens/Quorra's etc) does anyone have a successful technique on how to make the mount?

Kiwi54
02-07-2011, 07:55 PM
I got my shoes today :) They have the exact same heel as that used on the display costume:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/glittersweet/costume/tron/sm_P1090001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/glittersweet/costume/tron/sm_P1090002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/glittersweet/costume/tron/sm_P1090003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/glittersweet/costume/tron/sm_P1090004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/glittersweet/costume/tron/sm_P1090005.jpg

I need to make new uppers and also paint them white but these are from the same mold :)
These are Taildrop by Nine West and other shoes with this heel are Twisted by Nine West and Pumpkin by Romantic Soles. All of these are out of stock most places but they canbe found on auction sites :)

Oh wow those are perfect! Where did u buy them from if you don't mind sharing?

E. Hyde
02-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Since the movie came out I've been thinking it would be cool to do a TRON costume, not one of the movie characters but an original design based on the look of the characters in the new movie. Yesterday I found a pair of boots that would work well for it at a secondhand store (these boots: http://www.rogansshoes.com/575440/products/Unlisted-So-Long.html?CID=00011012 )

Unfortunately I don't have the budget right now to actually light it up (plus from what I've read it looks like el wire might not work so well on areas that bend/move around a lot) so I'm trying to decide between using reflective tape or glow paint. I've seen some reflective tape costumes and they look really good in pictures but I'm worried it wouldn't look so good irl, plus I think the tape might not work so well on stretch fabrics. Dharmatrading has some glow paint that's supposed to be really good but it would be harder to get a smooth flat look and it wouldn't look as good in photos (although it might look better in the dark irl). Thoughts?

Icey
02-11-2011, 09:02 PM
From what I've read, those that have tried the glow paint said it didn't work well at all. The color faded pretty fast even though it claimed it would glow for 24+ hours, wasn't the correct color, and eventually flaked off. It might work for small areas, but I'd stay away from anything with substantial length.

E. Hyde
02-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks. In that case I will use the reflective tape.

Rime-chan
02-16-2011, 04:24 AM
I used electroluminescent wire or EL wire.

http://www.glowire.com/basic_glowire_information.htm

I then spread a clear shower curtain cut in the strips and shape i wanted across the areas that i wanted lit, and then the wire illuminated the plastic

Just throwing another idea out there. ^_^

Pirogoeth05
02-16-2011, 01:19 PM
As usual, I seem to be unique. The instant I saw Kevin Flynn on screen I was trying to take in every detail of his outfit. Then he changed into the black and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since. It looks like such an awesome outfit! And now that I know of the existance of EL tape, I know it can be done. It's just going to cost a lot.

gixxer
02-20-2011, 08:49 AM
just wanna share what ive done last week. I uses white EL Tape and 3 separate 12v inverters . didnt started on the back area yet .. the identity disc also still need some work.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9454/dsc8513.jpg (http://img59.imageshack.us/i/dsc8513.jpg/)

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/7146/dsc8532e.jpg (http://img809.imageshack.us/i/dsc8532e.jpg/)

VampireKitten
02-23-2011, 05:15 PM
gixxer how did you make the angles with the EL tape?

gixxer
02-24-2011, 01:31 AM
i just fold the EL tape and glue it ..

Purified Ace
02-27-2011, 05:27 AM
How, in the name of all things Fratzog, have I managed to stay out of this thread for so long?

Well, me mates, like most of you, I wanted to be all spiffy for the premier. So, with a week til, I started work.

I made up a character on the spot and began my design work. While I like the newer designs, I just couldn't bring myself to stray from the older movie designs. (I was very sad that the new designs were so sleek and didn't have much in the way of circuitry.)
So, my design crossed the two, with heavy inspiration from Castor/Zuse. My favorite character from the commercials, and almost remained so in the movie (second ONLY to Kevin Flynn, holy shazzbot I want to do that costume...).

Because I'm a broke-mo-fo, I went with the cheap, and ridiculously easy route. I got an all white linen blazer, a white tie, and white flats. Already had the pants and shirt...
I used (again, broke and lazy) 3D fabric paint. Yes. Of course, because of that, I didn't glow (till I found the blacklight, but that's a story for another day). However, the costumes from the original movie didn't glow until the effect was added in post. This rationalizing made me feel a great deal better in my costume. xD
And, without any further ado or making you read anymore, here you are...

The "Poor Man's TRON Suit"
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/Ace_of_Dreams/Tron%20Sector%20Cosplay%20Pics/IMGP6367.jpg

gixxer
02-27-2011, 09:42 AM
its not much but i call it a wrap ! .. its done ... now onto the helmets ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt261n9n2Rs

Dudzicz
03-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Pretty sick stuff here. I actually made the encore costumes recently and honestly...I get SWAMPED at raves and concerts by people wanting to take pictures and asking where I got wires and how I made everything.

Check out the daft punk encore costumes I've made. If you want any help/tips I'll be happy to help!

ps: This won me a few G's at two halloween contests in 2010 :)

These guys are where I get top quality el-wire materials.

http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?light-up-clothing+BRgfz2+index.html+

Annissė
03-09-2011, 03:49 AM
Selling my Quorra El Wire diffused lighting work only. Please refer to the marketplace for details if interested. Thank you.

http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/showproduct.php/product/41220/cat/14

Nickytea
03-11-2011, 03:02 PM
For those that are considering Kevin's white costume ... which of the two are you leaning toward? The mediation or the dinner scene?

Demon Doll
03-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Ok, I noticed some folks thinking of working with glow paint..Just..DON'T!
It cracks and flakes off and also can appear streaky. Glow paint is very dull but there is glow tape. Which is MUCH brighter than the paint.
I haven't worked with it but it should last for a much longer time than the paint.

BTW I just bought my el-wire from: http://www.elbestbuy.com/

there is an promo code you can use to get 6% off.
"elwires"

The shipping is VERY pricey(for me). It was almost 15 bucks for the shipping alone. :/
BUT my friend bought from them in the past and she told me about them.

Demon Doll
03-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Does anyone know where I can find reflective tape??? I looked in home depot and target. Also the dollar tree because I got desperate.
Thanks!

Maxxie
03-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Jumping in here :3 I just watched Tron: Legacy again last night and my want to cosplay it has been renewed so much. I either want to cosplay Sam or Zuse, not sure who yet (I really like Sam and the dark outfit, but Zuse, I act much more like and would have fun with him in that sense xD)

I have an idea of how I plan to go about making it, but it involves 2 skills that I've never tried before so I'm nervous about it. I don't want to spend a ton of money of something unless I know I wont screw it up OTL I plan to buy a body suit, build armor to go over it then add the LEDs/el wire.

Is there a differentce between LEDs and el wire? Is one cheaper then the other? I've never had to make anything glow before, (or make armor) so this will be an adventure >3>;;

tifaia
03-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Does anyone know where I can find reflective tape??? I looked in home depot and target. Also the dollar tree because I got desperate.
Thanks!

The only place I've been able to find a good amount for a decent price is via EBay or Amazon.com. I've called around to quite a few places in my city and no one seems to have any available, or if they do, they only sell 1x20 inch of striped yellow/black for over $30. :/ Loads of luck to you!

Since I've read a few people were considering Glow Tape, I can speak from today's experience and can recommend not using it. Thankfully I tested this for a prop. Never intended on using it for my Tron costume. Going full EL with it.

While it's brighter then glow paint and will last longer since you won't have to worry about chipping or flaking, it's just not a good quality. It looks like a cheap glow in the dark effect. Even the color tape that "should" emanate something other then the green-yellow color, doesn't really do so in the dark. lol Save yourself the headaches and just spring for the EL Tape/Wire, or Reflective Tape.

Demon Doll
04-03-2011, 02:23 AM
Thanks tifaia!
I found some tape at pep boys(auto store) but it didn't work out so well. THEN I found some tape on sears.com.
I got it in the mail; test it. It's not that bad and looks GREAT in flash!
Going to put my el-wire over the tape and defuse it with a frosted shower curtain.
Hoping it turns out well.. comparing to how other folks who did it and how great they look.

KnowOne
04-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Wow you all have done some impressive work! I plan on making a Tron Legacy cosplay for the Otakon rave this year. Will def be inboxing a few of you for advice! :toothy:

Psycho_Kitty
04-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Just saw the movie on tuesday, my husband and I bought it on blu-ray and as soon as they showed the girls in the white suits i told him i want to cosplay so bad. He usually rolls his eyes when i tell him anything cosplay related. Plus I have only one cosplay done for comic con and it would be a good second one to have.

Drackt
04-10-2011, 08:16 AM
I finished this last year for the midnight showing, but sadly, I was the only one dressed up. :(

Still, I had used glow in the dark paint over the blue paint and I had a magnet to attach my identity disc on. The vest, boot tops, and skirt, however, will have to be repaired if I am to wear it out again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN3882.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN3883.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN3885.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN3888.jpg

Psycho_Kitty
04-10-2011, 04:08 PM
I finally decided that I'm ahead and doing one of the Sirens and everything is really simple looking just the whole disc holder looked difficult but thanks to another site i belong to there's a pep file for a predator disc holder and i will probably pep that and modify the way i need it to look and probably make that out of foam.

Demon Doll
04-12-2011, 11:41 PM
I finished this last year for the midnight showing, but sadly, I was the only one dressed up. :(

Still, I had used glow in the dark paint over the blue paint and I had a magnet to attach my identity disc on. The vest, boot tops, and skirt, however, will have to be repaired if I am to wear it out again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN3882.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN3883.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN3885.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/AnnaValerious/DSCN3888.jpg

You did a great job!
I recall hardly any pics were out before the movie. There was little to go by.
Do you have any plans on fixing it up more? Maybe some el-wire? :)

Drackt
04-13-2011, 08:52 AM
You did a great job!
I recall hardly any pics were out before the movie. There was little to go by.
Do you have any plans on fixing it up more? Maybe some el-wire? :)

Thanks. :)

I don't know if I will aside from repairs...although I'm really unsure of how to work with EL wire.

Annissė
04-13-2011, 11:01 PM

YES! I could kiss you! LOL! Those shoes are definately the closest to the SIREN shoes! Perfect! I want to go with those if I can even find them, thank you for posting your find!

Thanks all!

That Tron Legacy Costume main thread that's going on in the RPF yes, is very long, but yes, very informative. Worth the read though if any of you here seriously want to learn how to make your Quorra or Sam costumes. Not too much info. in that particular thread in regards to the making of Gem Siren or Zeus's costumes though.

I am on there all the time and hardly on these forums when it comes to needing latest info. on the making of the Tron costumes. Just thought I'd pop in here and share some of my latest findings with you all in regards to which lights to use and the HEX fabric.

Now, if you look for SOULINERTIA in the Tron planning thread, he is the one to talk to about getting the HEX fabric screen printed for you. I sent him my fabric and he screen printed it for me. Contact him or if you know how to screen print and create your own HEX pattern, go for it and do the work yourself!

http://www.therpf.com/members/soulinertia/

EL Tape is difficult because it is extremely difficult to make angles work properly. It might look right for some things, but others I would suggest EL paper/sheet.

In regards to the lighting issues for the Tron suits. Members on the RPF Tron Planning thread have been using Glowhut.com product. I don't like them. For one, their El Tape does not glow that bright BUT it can be bent at angles which I just recently found out and Two, I don't like their product because they don't offer different widths.

One of the members shared this link after posting his Sam and Quorra suits, their lights were so bright, I was amazed and a little jealous ;) that I didn't find this company from the very start.

My Quorra lighting is White El Wire which was diffused, this was RPF members, Eddie's idea that came up with this method. It was the best way to get a solid line strip for your lights using El Wire, since EL Wire is the cheapest less expensive route.

Well, member Sheol posted the link to - LUMINOUSFILM.COM (http://www.LUMINOUSFILM.COM)

This site is a god send I tell you! It is El Panel Tape (Lite Tape), glows way brighter than Glowhut's El Tape, offers all kinds of different widths from 1/4" to 30 ft. wide and any length you want.

You can bend the LF Lite Tape at 90 degree angles and also they offer these cool EYELET connectors which you connect next to each side of the "SCRIBE" line (makes it light up) back to your inverter meaning. You can order widths to design the circles on Quorra or Sam's suits and use the light tape strips to make the right length you need and the angles that are in their costumes.

Please have a look at Luminous Film.com They are MAGIC! :love: and their prices aren't TOO bad. Cheaper than LightTape.com

I am redoing my Quorra costume, lighting ONLY, for the 3rd and last time with LuminousFilm.com White Split Electroude Lite Tape El Panel. I am not satisfied with the diffused El Wire light effect and NEED and WANT the ultimate brightness. I have posted a photo of my LuminousFilm.com El Panel in white.

I also posted the Glowhut product in, blue El Tape, so you can see how it bends too, but the sides don't even light up.

Here are the links so you can compare all 3 of these Light Tape (El Tape) companies the RPF members are currently using.

www.luminousfilm.com (http://www.luminousfilm.com)
tech sheet how to make the angles and the Eyelet connectors - TECH SHEET (http://www.luminousfilm.com/tech/fabrication-sheet-se-.pdf)

www.glowhut.com (http://www.glowhut.com) (BLAH! >P don't offer widths, not that bright)

www.lighttape.com (http://www.lighttape.com) (pricey but excellent product)

Demon Doll
04-14-2011, 02:12 AM
I of a lot of issues with glowhut and how they get their el-wire and tape from different co.s so the color won't always be the same.
I went to elbestbuy myself.

Psycho_Kitty
04-15-2011, 12:26 AM
I am currently working on the Siren's suit in Tron Legacy. I will be doing lights but it looks like the lights start and stop on certain spots and isn't one line. Did any of your tron suits have the same issue and what did you do about it? Right now just waiting for my suit to get in and i'm going to have to sew the silver onto it myself.

rikkuchan01
04-24-2011, 04:48 AM
does anyone know where i can get good EL sheets that can be cut into shape? im going to be gem so i need it for the back part of her costume. thanks!

Souba
04-29-2011, 11:31 PM
does anyone know where i can get good EL sheets that can be cut into shape? im going to be gem so i need it for the back part of her costume. thanks!

Oh Gem is awesome, I so can't wait to see how that turns out! Um you'll have to ask Annissė she is amazing!

Me on the other had is going the inexpensive route white reflector tape got at Walmart for $1.97 for my Quorra costume, and using various parts from my other costume which go pretty well. Hopefully I can have pics up when I'm close to done. ^^

Still so glad to find this thread, I love to see everyone's Tron costumes with their beautiful El Tape. :-D
Souba

rikkuchan01
05-04-2011, 03:31 AM
Oh Gem is awesome, I so can't wait to see how that turns out! Um you'll have to ask Annissė she is amazing!

Me on the other had is going the inexpensive route white reflector tape got at Walmart for $1.97 for my Quorra costume, and using various parts from my other costume which go pretty well. Hopefully I can have pics up when I'm close to done. ^^

Still so glad to find this thread, I love to see everyone's Tron costumes with their beautiful El Tape. :-D
Souba

oh okay thanks! i only so far have everything but that! im hoping it will turn out well, i have a picture of me wearing my contacts and make up! it looks just as good though haha i cant wait to see it finished. if u post pix up tell me i want to see yours too! i think everyone who already has made it looks amazing! :)

Chynna218
05-30-2011, 03:31 AM
[QUOTE=daguru;3363236]

"Well, I will let on that I am planning a Tron group from the original film. Not saying how I'm making it (shhh, secret) but I will say that I may be able to change my suit colors at will (if all goes according to plan) >:D

I plan to have this group ready for Dragoncon. If they're finished then, then I will have plenty of time to make a suit or two from the new film."

That is exactly what I'm looking for. How could anyone choose just one?

gatolina
06-10-2011, 12:30 AM
just put up my photos of my tron: legacy group from this past Phoenix Comicon!
NEXT PROJECT: USING EL. haha... but for now, I am happy with my reflective tape/ribbon I found ^__^

rikkuchan01
06-18-2011, 09:58 PM
my gem siren shoes are finished plz look at them and tell me if they are ok!! :D

crazycallisto
06-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Yes! Tron! I'll be going as Quorra one day to SDCC

Demon Doll
06-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Wow! Great job Rikku! Check the SDCC threads! There will be a tron gathering! ^_^

Prideful Shame
07-09-2011, 04:35 PM
my gem siren shoes are finished plz look at them and tell me if they are ok!! :D

Amazing shoes! Where did you get the base? And what did you use to modify them?

After a friend roped me into doing Tron with her, I got really into it. I'm really excited to make Siren (http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/003/5/6/tron___gem_collage_by_wildman10-d36c3o7.jpg)! I've done a lot of research and I only have a few things I need to work out.

First problem is I don't know how I'm going to hide my wires. I'll be using EL wires and diffusing them. I'm thinking about velcroing them on so I can take them off when I need to wash my outfit. Siren has 18 different segments of lights, so if I try to tape them down on the outside and hide them, wires will be everywhere and it'll be really risky. I was thinking about putting a hole where the wires can run underneath my costume to the invertor (battery pack), but I don't know if I'll be able to take the EL wires off my costume if I ever need to wash it. Unless if I can snip the wires or detach them, than reattach them without harm. Does anyone know if I can or not? Or if there are any other options?

My other problem isn't as much of a problem. I was just wondering if anyone knew if I can split a wire splicer? The biggest wire splicer I've seen can connect 4 different wires to one invertor. Could I splice the quad wire splicer into 16?

I hope my questions make sense. It's hard for me to explain it clearly...

ershin69
11-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Greetings programs my name is Sam Flynn... i hope you enjoy my cosplay as well as i did.

tehkukikookie
11-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Amazing shoes! Where did you get the base? And what did you use to modify them?

After a friend roped me into doing Tron with her, I got really into it. I'm really excited to make Siren (http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/003/5/6/tron___gem_collage_by_wildman10-d36c3o7.jpg)! I've done a lot of research and I only have a few things I need to work out.

First problem is I don't know how I'm going to hide my wires. I'll be using EL wires and diffusing them. I'm thinking about velcroing them on so I can take them off when I need to wash my outfit. Siren has 18 different segments of lights, so if I try to tape them down on the outside and hide them, wires will be everywhere and it'll be really risky. I was thinking about putting a hole where the wires can run underneath my costume to the invertor (battery pack), but I don't know if I'll be able to take the EL wires off my costume if I ever need to wash it. Unless if I can snip the wires or detach them, than reattach them without harm. Does anyone know if I can or not? Or if there are any other options?

My other problem isn't as much of a problem. I was just wondering if anyone knew if I can split a wire splicer? The biggest wire splicer I've seen can connect 4 different wires to one invertor. Could I splice the quad wire splicer into 16?

I hope my questions make sense. It's hard for me to explain it clearly...

They look like these (www.ebay.com/itm/New-Hot-Yellow-Gem-Geometric-Cutout-Wedge-Shoes-US-Size-9-/280763519559?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item415ecf5247)on eBAy. :)

I've decided to finally step into the world of Tron cosplay. But I'm not yet ready for awesome lightsuits yet. I'm planning on a casual Tron themed trench coat with removable el sheets. I just need to find the right clear vinyl that I want to use so it can actually go through the wash.

Icey
12-14-2011, 02:50 PM
I have a few pics of my Clu costume in my gallery here, (http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/220772/) though it has a few things that need to be worked out before I wear it again.

robotnik976
12-16-2011, 12:08 AM
Wow! Awesome work Icey! Did you use El Wire for the coat (and diffused it)?

Icey
12-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah, it's diffused el wire. I'm going to be redoing the lighting completely with SMD LED strips since the wire didn't work out as well as I had hoped, especially on the wider pieces like the underside of the cape. It's not bright enough to light a strip that wide without dark spots in the middle, not to mention the rigidity of it doesn't look as good on a flowing costume such as this versus the tighter suits. I want to redo the helmet too so it's more screen accurate, but the lights are the main priority at this point.

PetiteAltesse
01-29-2012, 03:32 AM
Awesome! There's a Tron thread here. I was hoping there would be.

Around the beginning of January, my fiancee and I started on a Rinzler costume for an upcoming convention in April. The costume, right now, is about 65% done. I never thought I would be able to make this costume, but it's coming along nicely. I decided to use lyrca for the bodysuit and neoprine for the armor. My fiancee ordered lay flat LED's for the chest, arms, knees, and helmet lights. For my hands I am going to use EL wire and, with the idea I have in mind, it shouldn't look bad. I also have the store bought light disks to use.

Here are some WIP shots:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3143365/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3143366/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3143367/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3143368/

PetiteAltesse
02-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Got another update:

We carved sections into the neoprene for the wires to sit in and then covered those areas with the neoprene. We then added the third layer of neoprene for the detail.

Not everything is glued down completely (thus why some things look off).

Next we'll glue everything here down and move on the to arms, legs, and back. The back will be done last. We're also going to start the collar soon since the helmet will be here this week (hopefully).

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/036/7/1/rinaler_wip__05_chest_details_by_petitealtesse-d4otiaj.png

PetiteAltesse
02-10-2012, 05:29 AM
And one more:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3149980/

A lot of people were asking about the back mount so we decided to go ahead and start on that. After channeling the wires to the back of the costume, J gathered them all together at a single point in order for them to sit inside the disc mount. The disc mount itself is an eight ounce strap of leather covered in Neoprene. The leather itself is very stiff to hold it's shape, but soft enough for the disc to slip over the top.

We will also be able to get into the disc mount to change out the batteries, should we need to. It's going to have a cork-like lid that goes over top, so it will be a tight fit, but be easy to remove as well.

In order to get to the wires (should we need to), the disc mount is glued over top a back mount where the wires are safely kept underneath. If you notice in the bottom two photos, the back mount is not completely glued down. We're going to be using velcro to secure the back mount firmly onto my back. That way we can open it up to get to the wires.

That's all we've got so far. Still waiting on the helmet. Once it's here we will be working on the collar and the iconic "T" for my chest. In between the waiting we will be detailing the arms and legs. All mistakes will be fixed/painted over.

More to come soon.

PetiteAltesse
02-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Working on the helmet:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/050/a/1/rinzler_wip__helmet_01_by_petitealtesse-d4q9b3u.png

Blanchard80
03-13-2012, 10:42 AM
I love Tron Lagecy and especially the soundtrack, now working on the remix with my mp3 editor (http://freemp3editor.org), I will share it with you as soon as it's ready.

anatomic-latex
03-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi!
The Siren costume from ‘Tron: Legacy’ :love:
The movie costume designers have simplified their task and created their outfits of biflex though the movie concepts reminded more of latex catsuits.
To create a phosphorescent latex Anatomic-latex joined his skills with another Moscow latex atelier RuBear.
http://anatomic-latex.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/mini-tron.jpg

http://anatomic-latex.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/v1.jpg

http://anatomic-latex.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/fluor1a_2.jpg

PetiteAltesse
03-29-2012, 04:42 PM
All finished! (Aside from the other helmet lights and the other crotch... garter things. lol But those will be done in time for the con next weekend.) I'll have more/better photos after the convention.

http://images.cosplay.com/big/31/3181974.jpg

robotnik976
04-28-2012, 01:59 PM
I just finished modifying my Kevin Flynn's Deluxe identity disc for my Gem cosplay!

http://images.cosplay.com/photos/32/3200423.jpg

It was a long and epic journey! ahahaha

PetiteAltesse
05-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Wow! That looks really good! It almost seems translucent.

Candle
05-01-2012, 05:06 PM
@Icey: Whoa!! Great job! Do tell, where did you get that awesome helmet?! And where did you get the yellow EL? I bought yellow EL a while ago and it turned out having a BLUE center wire covered in yellow which made it glow green... Very annoying. But I digress! You cloak is simply stunning. :)

@PetiteAltesse: Oh, yeah! I saw your work on deviantArt! It really inspired me to get working on my friend's and mine Tron suits again! It's just... spot on and just squeal worthy. :D You truly are Rinzler come to life! :D

Okay, okay, enough of my creepy, excessive drooling...
I can't believe I've never seen this post! It's great to see fans are still working on their suits.
I'm in the process of planning a full Clu 2.0. costume, suit, cloak and all. I'm also trying to convince my friend to be Rinzler. (not to mention I eventually want to do a classic Tron suit!)

So yeah. Just popping in to say you're all awesome and you got me thinking about my suits again. ;)
Flynn Lives!

PetiteAltesse
05-12-2012, 05:03 AM
@Candle: Oh wow! What a compliment. Thank you so much!

I always say this when people leave me feedback, but everything you said really means a lot to me. While most of my feedback on this costume has been positive, I've gotten the occasional negatives as well. So, to hear a nice comment like this lets me know that my hard work paid off, if that makes sense. C:

I spent so long trying to get that costume as accurate as possible (with exceptions made for comfort) that hearing comments like "nice interpretation" or "they got the suit wrong" kind of bothered me. I mean, I know I wont be able to make it 100% accurate (no one can).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though I guess. I'm proud of it! And I'm glad the people that do like it enjoy seeing my work online. It's fellow cosplayers like you that keep me positive. After all, this is just a hobby and, while I do strive to do my very best, I have to remember that not everyone will like what I do... but there are many who will! C: That and I cosplay for myself. If I like my work... then it's perfect in my book! lol

So thanks! Sorry for the mini-rant/empowerment speech. lol Just felt like sharing. Plus it's 3:00AM and I'm a sensitive insomniac.

Can't wait to see your Clu and Rinzler costumes! Do post pictures!

Icey
05-12-2012, 01:03 PM
@Icey: Whoa!! Great job! Do tell, where did you get that awesome helmet?! And where did you get the yellow EL? I bought yellow EL a while ago and it turned out having a BLUE center wire covered in yellow which made it glow green... Very annoying. But I digress! You cloak is simply stunning. :)

Thanks! The helmet was made by me. I started off with a paper mached balloon and built around it with poster board in the shapes I needed, covered those with more paper mache, smoothed it out with joint compound and painted it. Basically a poor man's pepakura. I'm in the process of remaking it with resin and bondo this time since the other one is starting to chip pretty bad and it's slightly too small for my head so it hurts my cheeks taking it on and off.

I got the yellow EL from coolneon.com. It's the high bright stuff, but I'm going to be swapping out majority of the stuff for LED strips instead. My center wire is also blue. All EL wire is either blue, turquoise, or white. It's the colored sheath that goes over it that makes the other colors. The sheath on mine is orange. Yellow would make sense, but during my trials of what color would work best, I also had the problem of glowing green when I tried placing clear yellow plastic over white wire since it's such a cool white that it gives off a bluish hue.

royjovero
05-31-2012, 10:41 PM
Petite, do you happen to take commissions?

Rinzle
11-16-2012, 07:46 PM
So I see no one has been to this thread in awhile but hopefully someone will see it I'm planning on mashing castors costume design with some hints of Rinzler/ tron but in green for a virus program because I'm female I'm calling it lady Rinzler what do u guys think. I'm on my phone right now so I don't have any pics posted of the design concept yet will do that in a couple of days. I'm planning this costume for ACen 2013 in Rosemont IL.

PetiteAltesse
11-21-2012, 02:35 AM
Petite, do you happen to take commissions?

I'm sorry, but I don't. :C

Rinzle
11-26-2012, 02:36 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't. :C

hiya petite, so question for you im having a difficult time on deciding what fabric to use for the coat of my costume. I was originally thinking vinyl but idk what do you think.

PetiteAltesse
01-12-2013, 06:13 AM
I would not recommend vinyl. If you want your coat to look like leather then I would use something like pleather with a nice lining. Otherwise, if you want comfort and a great looking coat, I'd recommend linen. I use it for most of my costumes. It's light, it breathes, and it looks really nice in detail shots.

Annissė
06-06-2013, 08:42 AM
Hi!
The Siren costume from ‘Tron: Legacy’ :love:
The movie costume designers have simplified their task and created their outfits of biflex though the movie concepts reminded more of latex catsuits.
To create a phosphorescent latex Anatomic-latex joined his skills with another Moscow latex atelier RuBear.
http://anatomic-latex.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/mini-tron.jpg

http://anatomic-latex.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/v1.jpg

http://anatomic-latex.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/fluor1a_2.jpg

You already know how I feel about your AMAZING latex and glow in the dark latex costumes :) <3

Annissė
06-06-2013, 09:12 AM
After what, almost 2 years I'm finally posting my completed Siren Gem costume and I'm STILL not satisfied until I actually light it up ;) which I am going to try and attempt to do with Lite Tape and debut it at Dragon Con 2013. We shall see. I threw in a shot of my Quorra with Lionel's Light Cycle and EOL Club waitress too. All part of my TRON costume work in 2011.

Annissė
06-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Just leaving this here :bigtu: :geek::sunny::toothy:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3394538/

http://photo.cosplay.com/65117/3394538.jpg