PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone get a pic of me?

JoeBoeing
10-11-2002, 11:09 PM
Hi all,

I've gone through the pic sites and feel all left out 'cause I didn't see a pic of me anywhere. Not even on the cosplay.com gallery.

*pouts*

I was the heavy set white mage from Final Fantasy with red hair and goatee.

*goes into the corner and sulks*

FRom,
Joe Boeing

Adella
10-12-2002, 02:12 AM
I think I've chatted with you a bunch of times haven't I? O.O!

Aoshi Shinomori
10-12-2002, 02:22 AM
Hey dude.. i saw you. you were like the first person i saw cosplaying on Friday.. like early early morning cuz we arrived around 6am and i was like " wow someones cosplaying already.. cool"

Karisu-sama
10-12-2002, 03:45 AM
You got OUT of the costume before I got my camera out, remember? *pouts* I know, I know, it was hot...

K_Valentine
10-12-2002, 05:05 AM
Tom (the guy who kept changing costumes throghout AM) here. I have a pic, but I'm running behind on my scanniing. I should have it up next week or sooner. Or later.

Gotta get back to dealing with my roommates. Bye.

K_Valentine
10-12-2002, 08:44 AM
So I lied and finished ahead of schedule. You should be in my AM gallery somewhere.

http://www.geocities.com/kitsune_valentine/Conventions/AM/pictures/main.html

It's the page after the one i'm referring you to if memory serves me correctly.

Adella
10-12-2002, 02:58 PM
You are so sweet calling me the perfect Aeris! ::Hug::

JoeBoeing
10-12-2002, 03:26 PM
Karisu - Yeah, I got hot in that and I was wearing it from 6:15 am til about 2:00 pm. I'll bring it again next year.btw, your dilandu is great! He was always the reason to watch Escaflowne

Aeris - I chatted with you a few time but not for more than a couple min total. All those great VA panels and all. I'll try to talk more to you next time and you are the best Aeris I have ever seen. If they make a live action FFVII movie I hope you get Aeris part.

Aoshi- I'm an early waker at anime cons (actually no sleep that night or the night after). and I enjoy being one of the 1st cos-players of a con. Thanks for noticing me.

K_Valentine - YAY! Someone got my pic!
*bows*
Arigatou Gozaimasu
*does a happy dance*
*gets dizzy*
*goes laydown*

FRom,
Joe Boeing

Adella
10-12-2002, 04:06 PM
awww thanks Joe ^o^ My head is so big now!

Mei Lan Chang
10-12-2002, 04:28 PM
I don't think I ever even SAW you in costume. I am always at the wrong place and the wrong time. So many people have said, " hey Pheobe! Did you see that great _____ costume!"
Me: "Uhhh...."
I must be blind...

K_Valentine
10-12-2002, 04:38 PM
I seem to have the occasional cosplay blinders myself. After AX, I saw pics of that Hsien-Ko with the giant claws and cursed myself for missing that. Then at AM Masq I saw her in person. I asked to take her pic after the Masq but in the excitement of the Masq award, I kinda got dragged off and never got to see her again. No pic again.

To put it simply, "D'Oh!"

JoeBoeing
10-12-2002, 05:07 PM
I know what you mean by being blind at times.

I really wanted to see Hsein-ko because she is my favorites Capcom character and I missed it. I also missed the Gimmie Cat.

I missed out on some great costumes and I'm kicking myself for it.

FRom,
Joe Boeing

Mei Lan Chang
10-12-2002, 05:29 PM
It's such a bummer. You will be shifting through the galleries of the con you just went to and see all these pics of costumes that you didn't see. It's so flustering. Can't do everything I suppose...

rogue2999
10-14-2002, 12:32 PM
Just wondering but have any of you thought about waiting for Linus's web site to get up dated. Yes he does a lot of running around between all of these cons, but still he's the one that was working almost the entire time at the Ani-Magic. All I ever saw that guy do was take pictures, hardly anything else at all. After all his site let's everyone know what fully happens besides all of the cosplay that's there. And besides knowing him, he got a picture of just about everyone in costume. (except me, but that's going to change next year when I done the Armor of Prince Darien.)

ZiggyB
10-14-2002, 03:18 PM
I'd keep waiting for a while. :) I just saw him at last weekend's Festival of Animation in SF and I think he said he was going to Yaoi con this coming weekend.

Good news, more pictures!!

Bad news, the darned waiting!

rogue2999
10-14-2002, 06:07 PM
The one thing that I'm wondering, is what in the world is that guy paying for everything with. After all with all of these cons that he goes to, I doubt that he has any time at all for work and making a living at all, unless he gets paid to do this.

Karisu-sama
10-14-2002, 06:53 PM
Rogue2999, I don't recognize your avatar, but that guy looks super-cool! What's he from?

Nah, Lionel DOES have a job, but outside of that job, I suspect the cons are the special thing in his life. I suspect he might have some little low-rent place, and his social life (and spare change) consist of shuttling all over to get those fantastic pictures and terrific con reports.

(What can I say; we ourselves have a full-time jobs and 2 kids, and aside from a monthly Bardic Circle which we run, cons are most of our social life too. ;) I can thoroughly sympathize; I WISH I could go to so many cons! I'm only getting to 8 or so this year, not all of them Anime.)

I always check out picture sites because there are ALWAYS many great costumes I missed out on seeing, even at small cons. You just can't be everywhere at once. (And I have pictures from con events that even Lionel never got to, so... just need LOTS of photographers to get a full effect.)

Cosplay blinders - I miss out on getting pics myself because of things like my kids demanding my attention and such. And by Sunday I'm so brain-dead from lack of sleep... I actually thought I'd taken pics of Lilli's great Sanzo costume at Ani-Magic, but I hadn't. Luckily I found someone else's pics somewhere to look at.

Hakaider
10-14-2002, 07:32 PM
Rogue 2999:

Like Karisu-sama said , Lionel DOES have a job.

Lionel does have a prestigous career job and he works very hard at his job. (Going to all these conventions is not cheap and he is able to do so by working very hard.)

He knows when it's time to work and when it's time to play so try not to jump to conclusions or judge him too quickly.

He spends a lot of his spare time on conventions because he enjoys spending time with his friends and going to conventions.

In some ways , he's like Kevin Lilard of "Fan's View". They both have career jobs and they both enjoy going to conventions.

Some people enjoying going to bars after work, and some people enjoy going to conventions after work. If he prefers cons over bars in his spare time, then more power to him, and it's really his own business where he wants to spend his spare time.

rogue2999
10-15-2002, 10:36 AM
I kinda figured that he had a job, but with all of the conventions that he goes to that are one right after the other, one might end up thinking (like I myself had done before hand) that when does he happen to have time for work. After all with all of the conventions that are listed on his web site, one might end up thinking that he gets paid to go to these conventions. However if one thinks about it, getting paid to go to conventions isn't a bad thought either hehehe.

Karisu-sama
10-15-2002, 06:27 PM
Duh, Sailor Moon. My kid's seen it, I haven't watched it.

rogue2999
10-15-2002, 06:31 PM
Just out of wondering, what in the world was that all about???

Karisu-sama
10-15-2002, 07:12 PM
If you're referring to my "Duh, Sailor Moon" comment...
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
Rogue2999, I don't recognize your avatar, but that guy looks super-cool! What's he from?
^That.

You didn't answer, but my kid walked by and said he's from Sailor Moon. I assume she may be correct...

Umi
10-15-2002, 09:11 PM
You're kid is right Karisu, now maybe you could 'em a cookie. Rogue2999's avatar is of Endymion (aka Tukedo Kamen, Mamoru, etc) ^___^ I did good... give me the cookie instead.

Aoshi Shinomori
10-16-2002, 12:34 AM
His avatar is Prince Darien from Sailormoon. and guess who my avatar is Karisu? heh and how did those pics come out?

Karisu-sama
10-16-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Aoshi Shinomori
guess who my avatar is Karisu?
Oh, gosh, gee, darn, this is so hard... uh... Pikachu?? ;) It's a very cool avatar, BTW. - Oh! Oh! I got it!! Saito!! No? Hiko!! No? Misao!!.... :p

My digicam pics look pretty good. Richard has to scan in his slides and get them to me, so I can convert them for the web. It's hard to tell, but some look a bit extra-bright, some look a bit dark, and some look fine - I can't tell if they're OK until I get them into Photoshop. There's something funky with the light meter; he brought it in to be checked this week.

I was nagging him to get those portable backdrop things too. But I just found out he just blew a whole lot on buying a roll-feeder attachment for the negative/slide scanner - dang! I had NOOO idea those things cost so much!!

If he does more things like that, I WILL have no qualms about sometime buying another cel in a dealers room! (I got in trouble for buying a Dilandau cel at AX... my ONE and ONLY cel...)

As if we have the money to burn - which we do NOT. Heh.

Eurobeat King
10-16-2002, 12:50 PM
Oh, so it was Joe Boing as the white mage? Yeah, I got one picture of him on FR morning, as he was one of the first cosplayers I got a picture of. The pic should be up soon, (along with all the other 600+ pics I took) so keep checking here for those pics.. soon.. soon.. :thumbsup: I appreciate everyone's patience..

Yeah, Lionel tops even me in going to various cons throughout the year. I do my best to go to as many cons as possible, and this year I've gone to 10 cons this year (with 2 more to go) but Lionel has gone to maybe twice as many as me.. :thumbsup: This weekend is yaoicon, and he's going to that for a day, then flying up to Sugoicon for one day, and then coming back to yaoicon for Sunday!! Talk about con-commitment!;)

Aoshi Shinomori
10-16-2002, 04:38 PM
yeah.. cels are expensive.. I hope u framed it or something. well take lots of pics at yaoicon ok.. cuz i guess i wont be going. still recovering from animagic. I take my hat off to those that can attend alot of cons..

LionBoogy
11-12-2002, 10:12 PM
Yes, I do have a regular M-F 8-6pm job. Just don't ask me how much I earn... hehehe

Nobody pays me to go to their cons, I do it all for my own personal enjoyment and I don't even like to use press passes. I'll pay my own full-membership way just like everyone else. That includes Anime Expo for the last 5 years. I staff for free and refuse any reimbursements on travel/room costs because I like to share my space with non-staff buddies.

For those who go to the main site a lot, you'll probably notice all the awards I've won and then you'll figure it out. And no, I don't take pictures all the time... I make time to enjoy dinners and get-togethers with friends, too!

- Lionel