PDA

View Full Version : Ouran High School Host Club - I've got the uniform, just some things need to be added

Yu_Mi
03-19-2010, 07:18 AM
I've got the uniform. I think I could die of joy.

What I don't have is the badges or the pants. I can easily buy a pair at my local Salvation Army (it really is a salvation!) But what would you guys think? Is the cosplay okay without the badge?! I asked a friend to make it for me, and I feel awful about having her sew the whole thing by herself, so I couldn't ask for more!

This is my first cosplay, help please!!!!

P.S. i'm a boy. just to clarify, cause people seem to think otherwise >_>

tentacleluvgdss
03-19-2010, 02:05 PM
You'd still be recognizable without the badge, I think. But the badge /would/ add an extra bit of finish to the costume. Have you thought about ordering the iron-on patch online? I know RightStuf has it (on special order though, so it will take a few weeks if you are not in a hurry to get it). Other than that I know there's quite a few other sites/ebay that carry it.

Haha or alternately, you could probably find one at whatever con you are going to. There's usually a few in the dealers room. Make use of that ironing table at the hotel! =P

Yu_Mi
03-19-2010, 04:58 PM
XD XD I wish I could. *sighs* I can't order ANYTHING online, which is why my friend had to make it himself. Egad, I wish I could! I'm not sure if I'll be going to a con yet, this might be just to cosplay. >_> Do people do that? I dunno. Airfare is around $1000 for one-way and I can't pay $2000 + registration fee. No way.

Aurora Maryte
03-19-2010, 06:39 PM
You would be recognizable without the badge, but it won't look complete, and some other con-goers might think you're one of those closet cosplay types and hate on you. I'd go for having a badge, personally.

I made the one for my little brother's outfit, because some of the ones online aren't actually that great. And you can't order online anyway.. So, seriously, it took me all of an hour to cut out the material I needed to make the badge, and sew it together. I made two, one sewn by machine, one by hand, and I liked the hand sewn one better, but both ways come out pretty nice.

If you actually decide to make a badge yourself, and want my step by step explanation of how I did it, just let me know. PM me or something. Or maybe someone else has an even easier method of making it.

But seriously...I'd have a badge. It just finishes it.

Yu_Mi
03-19-2010, 08:05 PM
You would be recognizable without the badge, but it won't look complete, and some other con-goers might think you're one of those closet cosplay types and hate on you. I'd go for having a badge, personally.

I made the one for my little brother's outfit, because some of the ones online aren't actually that great. And you can't order online anyway.. So, seriously, it took me all of an hour to cut out the material I needed to make the badge, and sew it together. I made two, one sewn by machine, one by hand, and I liked the hand sewn one better, but both ways come out pretty nice.

If you actually decide to make a badge yourself, and want my step by step explanation of how I did it, just let me know. PM me or something. Or maybe someone else has an even easier method of making it.

But seriously...I'd have a badge. It just finishes it.

Yes, I'd love one! I'll PM you!

marluxiasflower
03-14-2011, 05:57 PM
if money is an issue, u can just buy this paper that you can use to iron on the bade to the blazer. i admitt, it's not very fancy, but you will have the badge on there. it's really cheap, like $10 for 10 pages. and u only need a corner of it.

the badge really doesn't make the cosplay. i mean, if u walk around in a blue blazer, people are gonna know who you are. and it's not like the badge will tell it all...