PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstorms in Julian? (I.e. Weather)

Freya
09-05-2003, 05:13 PM
Just coming home from Malibu I heard that there's been some nasty thunderstorms in the mountains down near San Diego.

Wondering if anyone knows if for sure the weather will be safe, preferably for this weekend jaunt. ^_^

Admin
09-05-2003, 05:47 PM
Looks like it's supposed to be ok by tonight, but I'll call and check.
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Servicehttp://image.weather.com/web/blank.gifhttp://image.weather.com/web/blank.gif...FLOOD STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAN DIEGO CA 230 PM PDT FRI SEP 5 2003 ... A FLASH FLOOD WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 300 PM FOR THE RIVERSIDE COUNTY MOUNTAINS... ... A FLASH FLOOD WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 330 PM FOR NORTH CENTRAL SAN DIEGO COUNTY... ... A FLOOD ADVISORY FOR URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOODING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 600 PM FOR THE MOUNTAINS AND ADJACENT DESERT AREAS... ... A FLASH FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES UNTIL 700 PM FOR MOUNTAIN AND ADJACENT DESERT AREAS... A THUNDERSTORM PRODUCED HEAVY RAIN AND FLOODING OF ROADWAYS IN ANZA AND THE CAHUILLA INDIAN RESERVATION. ANOTHER THUNDERSTORM HAS GROWN NORTH OF THE PINE COVE AREA ON MT. SAN JACINTO. THIS WILL PRODUCE FLOODING IN AREA STREAMS AND ALONG HIGHWAY 243. A THUNDERSTORM WAS PRODUCING FLOODING ON THE EASTERN PART OF PALOMAR MOUNTAIN AND A NEW THUNDERSTORM HAS DEVELOPED SOUTH OF WARNER SPRINGS. ROAD FLOODING IS EXPECTED ALONG HIGHWAYS 79 AND S2 IN THE WARNER SPRINGS REGION. EXCESSIVE RUNOFF FROM THESE STORMS WILL CAUSE FLOODING OF SMALL CREEKS AND STREAMS... HIGHWAYS AND UNDERPASSES. THE RUNOFF FROM THE MOUNTAINS MAY FLOOD INTO DESERT CANYONS. ADDITIONALLY... COUNTRY ROADS AND FARMLANDS ALONG THE BANKS OF CREEKS AND STREAMS AND OTHER LOW LYING AREAS ARE SUBJECT TO FLOODING. THE HEAVY RAINS COULD ALSO TRIGGER ROCK AND MUDSLIDES IN STEEP TERRAIN.

Admin
09-05-2003, 06:04 PM
I called the park direct and they said they just had a storm go through but it's over, and that if it stops raining for good by later this afternoon then it should be dry by tomorrow. The roads in the area are fine as well. I plan on calling them in the morning to make sure everything is still cool so I'll keep everyone updated.

Admin
09-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Update: Weather.com shows the day being 83 and Sunny.

RoseDuelist
09-06-2003, 09:36 AM
Great. ^_^ My uncle has been checking the whether too and on Wednesday it said rain was going to be over Julian this morning. Then by yesterday that had changed to being bright and sunny. ^_^ So this is two reports of a sunny sky for today..

Maybe God (or whatever diety your into if any) decided to clear the skies just for us. :)

Mink
09-06-2003, 12:53 PM
*winks* I'd like to think so...Im so excited!

Sana-chan
09-06-2003, 02:14 PM
Gah it's so hot right now lol (this costume doesn't help either). It's probably gonna be pretty warm up there too as it's more inland. Awww I'm excited too lol XD