PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft Cosplay

Idmaif
03-20-2010, 12:12 AM
I know most costumes at blizzcon are from world of Warcraft. but where's the Starcraft cosplayers?

I'm planning on going this year as a Protoss dark Templar from Starcraft 2

Wrel
03-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Could just 'not' go, and say you did.
Invisible Dark Templar is Invisible.

Nozze
03-21-2010, 12:03 AM
The World of Warcraft thread is actually mostly aimed at BlizzCon, and Diablo & StarCraft cosplayers are there.

I'll be doing Kerrigan :3

men0z
04-02-2010, 02:03 AM
The World of Warcraft thread is actually mostly aimed at BlizzCon, and Diablo & StarCraft cosplayers are there.

I'll be doing Kerrigan :3

Are you planning on doing Kerrigan while she was a terran, or after when she became Zerg/Terran hybrid? Either way, im excited to see how your costume will turn out! =D

Nozze
04-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Are you planning on doing Kerrigan while she was a terran, or after when she became Zerg/Terran hybrid? Either way, im excited to see how your costume will turn out! =D

Infested Kerrigan. =) The statue seen at BlizzCon is my reference.

Xaevier
04-02-2010, 10:29 AM
I know most costumes at blizzcon are from world of Warcraft. but where's the Starcraft cosplayers?

I'm planning on going this year as a Protoss dark Templar from Starcraft 2

How exactly do you plan on doing the face/skin? I would imagine you would need latex masks/body suits in order to look even somewhat realistic as a protoss.

vrogy
04-02-2010, 12:26 PM
How exactly do you plan on doing the face/skin? I would imagine you would need latex masks/body suits in order to look even somewhat realistic as a protoss.

^ this. You'd best start work on those now. :)

men0z
04-03-2010, 02:28 AM
Infested Kerrigan. =) The statue seen at BlizzCon is my reference.

oh yay! im definitely excited to see how it turns out nozze! kerrigan has become one of my favorite female video game characters of all time over the past year or so. shes such a great character! =D

Altrus
04-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Could just 'not' go, and say you did.
Invisible Dark Templar is Invisible.

I believe we have a winning suggestion! Easy cosplay FTW. On that note though, a good ghost could be really fun. I'm thinking bodysuit, some armor with cabling, maybe cannibalize some toy night vision goggles. Could buy a Nerf sniper-rife and paint it for the full effect! And like the Dark Templar, if you don't show up you can just say you were cloaked ;)

AnimeGamer
07-31-2010, 02:54 PM
*deleted*

FLIPINOMAD
08-07-2010, 04:09 PM
I have been playing alot of Starcraft 2, am getting around to the idea of cosplaying as Jim.

ShinigamiNyx
08-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Had I the body-shape for it, I'd do Kerrigan. Either version, but Infested has won my heart. That, and I have no idea how I'd pull off the almost-nude look. xD

sythe2010
08-09-2010, 02:06 AM
I am going to be doing a Firebat. I wish Blizzcon would come to the East Coast too. They really need to think about it.

Etrina
08-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I am going to be doing a Firebat. I wish Blizzcon would come to the East Coast too. They really need to think about it.

The main reason they will not move Blizzcon east (and they have stated this themselves) is that it is very taxing to have so many of their employees away from the office for an entire weekend. Transporting all of their equipment across country would mean even more time out of the office, or less employees attending the con altogether.
It is much easier to pack up and move to the next city over, than it is to pack up and move several states.

WR_Pouncival
08-20-2010, 11:32 AM
I've been absent form the boards for awhile with RL stuff but I am going as a Terran Reaper this year.

"These jets are burning my ass!"

Eva Xgouki
08-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Currently working on a Matt Horner costume. Resin casting will take a while to work on...

WR_Pouncival
08-31-2010, 06:59 AM
Currently working on a Matt Horner costume. Resin casting will take a while to work on...

I will be excited to see that. Matt is one of my favorite characters from the campaign. I almost thought about cosplaying as him, but I dont have the proper body shape and his uniform looks really hot. It looks like he's wearing some sort of sweater thing under his jacket.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Matt_Horner

Wearing that in Southern California? No thanks!

Eva Xgouki
08-31-2010, 07:38 PM
I will be excited to see that. Matt is one of my favorite characters from the campaign. I almost thought about cosplaying as him, but I dont have the proper body shape and his uniform looks really hot. It looks like he's wearing some sort of sweater thing under his jacket.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Matt_Horner

Wearing that in Southern California? No thanks!

After seeing his uniform in the campaign I just knew I had to make it. It has a very nice, but simple design to it. I noticed the sweater part, too. Instead of cooking myself like last year (though this wouldn't be as bad) I was considering just wearing the collar part (which is the only part of the undershirt that would show) with a regular shirt or UnderArmor. So it would be more like an oversized knitted choker.

Be wearing Matt on Saturday. If I can't get my primary one done probably both days. Now to deal with the yards and yards of gold bias tape I need to sew on...

Li_Syaoran
09-04-2010, 02:14 AM
Huh?
No one is doing either the Marines (red or blue) or Infested Marines??
I think they look cool!
-I'm working on one out of cardboard boxes-

Shiver
09-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Any Starcraft costume would be awesome just because of how difficult it would be. A marine in a giant combat suit would be pretty damned hard lol.

Would be hard to go as a dark templar, if only because Protoss have a 3rd leg joint, (and thus a very distinct way of walking). Though in the Starcraft "Frontline" manga series, there is an experimental Terran/protoss hybrid which combines all of the "cool" aspects of the protoss physique while still having human legs.

Going as a Terran officer of some sort is probably your best bet.

snarkie
09-05-2010, 02:09 PM
There's always a way. :)

For example, check out the General Grevous costumes floating around. That same technique would make a good Protoss, I think; just add cloak! (Dark Templar already has one, even.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHmWciSRWjI (:55)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coCnW6kPM-Q (1:12)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSn_-YZrHo8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=strgqKUXLCc

Idmaif
09-09-2010, 08:44 PM
ok... about my costume. I am probly doing this one of the worst ways possible so I wanted some advice...

so I have this whole set of body armor made of paper mâché'd cardboard and I stapled silk on the insides so it is nicer to wear.. the way I was planning on covering it was with paper clay, but that would take a crapload of paper clay and a lot of work. (I have to do the body piece, upper arms, lower arms, upper legs, and lower legs). I like paper clay because of the smooth clear texture it puts on it, but that just seems like too much!

Shaylyn
09-12-2010, 05:19 PM
I made my base armor with posterboard and florist's wire, then covered it with a layer of craft foam. On a couple pieces I added small amounts of paper clay to even out the surface, and I used paper clay for some detail too. Craft foam is really cheap and easy to work with :)

Shifter
09-16-2010, 03:43 PM
I would like to go as Selendis. protoss executioner I've reached my goal somehwat and went from 160 (last years Blizzcon) to 130. So, now I feel more comfy doin a beter cosplay. Any idea on dying a full body nude dance suit? Im not comfy enough to just kryolan (sp?) my body.

Synariel
09-17-2010, 07:33 PM
It's Protoss Executor, just so you know :)
I am going in a blue-grey bodysuit for mine, because I'd rather not spend hours on applying makeup, hehe. There is so much armor that is going to be covering me that I'm probably not going to end up dyeing it because it's a close enough color (imo) already, and won't be too distracting with all the rest of the resin armor/mask/lights.
I'd suggest shopping around on Amazon or Ebay; I found one for a pretty good price that way.

Sgt Chase
10-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Hey I think starcraft needs to be brought back into the limelight. It's been a long time since I have been on cosplay.com.

Alright here is the scoop. I am currently working on the Terran Marine Armor from Starcraft 2. The basic Armor but having the capability of making it Hero Armor. I am working at if from the Frame up. So that means I am going thru video's at 1/4 frame to 1/2 frame to get all the nice details of the frame and whatnot. The Draft is going to be made out of Foam Board while the real deal frame will be made out of a light weight wood. My question is what would the easiest way to cover the frame be. What materials would be the best. I will also be water resisting the entire costume as well (feeling Char scene like). And help would be appreciated. The Frame research has already taken hours and building the draft is much harder.

Thanks
Sgt Chase

Entice
10-05-2010, 01:36 AM
You may want to try Sintra (PVC foam board). Highly durable, and with a cheap heat gun you can bend it to almost any shape you want. Not sure on the weight though, and with a power armor suit like this, weight becomes an issue really fast. Also, not sure about waterproofing...maybe get some deck coating from Home Depot?

Good Luck though, haven't seen many other non-ghost costumes from SC :)

Eva Xgouki
10-07-2010, 01:56 AM
I can official say there will be at least one SC2 costume wandering around on Saturday (once I get the oh so fun resin castings done...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/EvaUnit0X/Cosplay/DSC00547.jpg

Idmaif
10-12-2010, 04:22 PM
hey everyone! i need some advice on some things on my costume.

i have my pieces all done and the costume is basically done now, but i need suggestions on how to decorate it all up.

here is the scyth
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2737422/

here is the cape
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2737423/

Shiver
10-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I can official say there will be at least one SC2 costume wandering around on Saturday (once I get the oh so fun resin castings done...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/EvaUnit0X/Cosplay/DSC00547.jpg

Awesome! I love it!

Idmaif
10-26-2010, 10:36 AM
with my next costume planned, I should get the title of "Idmaif the Templar" because my blizzcon 2011 costume will be a High Templar from Starcraft 2.
for anyone who doesn't know much about Starcraft, they have a unit called a Dark Templar, an invisible dark rogue type thing which is what I did this year. they have another unit called a High Templar who is this prophet caster type thing, which is my next years costume, and when you combine 2 Templars, you get an archon, a big ball of lightning and energy which is my 2012 costume!

I want to do cosplay from starcraft because it's my favorite game. I don't want to do Terran costumes because most of them look the same and it's too common, and I don't want to do Zerg because they don't really have any good humanoids to cosplay so I do Protoss because they are mostly humanoids and look awesome!

so that is my plan for the next 2 years!

derelict_
10-30-2010, 02:50 AM
Saw a dark templar at Blizzcon, that's all I saw.