PDA

View Full Version : Putting ringletts in a wig

Hitori
09-05-2003, 06:13 PM
I'm helping a friend style a wig for Juri of Utena, does anyone have any advice? Right now we're expirimenting, we put mouse on, put it on a curler, sprayed it w/ super hold hair spray and tried to heat set it a bit. We haven't dared unroll our expiriment yet though. Are we going about this completely wrong?

Beware_UY7
09-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Well, using a curling iron isn't recommended, but... (is that what you did? or did you use curler?) If you soak the hair in hot water, then put it into curlers and let it dry like that, it should stay, even without tons of spray and mouse. When the synthetic fiber heats up, it can change position and when it cools off, it keeps that position. Actally, if I remember correctly, Aphigory.com has done a small tutorial on curling a wig. You might want to check it out... it comes with nifty pictures and everything. Rawr.

Hitori
09-05-2003, 06:53 PM
Oh, we just used normal curlers. Thanx^_^ I'll look into that, my most wig expirience was doing Nataku of X which is so different. I'm clueless when it comes to curling or straightening hair, much less a wig.

Koumori
09-05-2003, 06:56 PM
I don't think mousse will have much effect on a wig, since it's designed to work with the composition of hair, and wigs are just plastic. You can do plenty of things with wigs you couldn't do with hair - so you might even try using some kind of glue.

Hitori
09-05-2003, 06:59 PM
Glue? That won't look flaky or anything? And I really don't know anything about hair care, so this is all purely experimental... ^.^;;

megumibish
09-05-2003, 07:32 PM
http://katiebair.com/wigtutorial_straightening.html basically you need to do this to your wig with curlers in it. the heat from the water will saftely set the curl into the hair fiber. i think perm rod curlers are the best for putting spiral ringlets into a wig since they are easier to get good tension on and you can get even ringlets. for juri's hair you'll need to see if you can find 1 inch ones...if not you can use foam rollers.
oh and from what koumori wrote, you can use caulk to style permanent ringlest into the wig. just so ya know caulk takes forever to dry but it's an alternative. some people use elmers glue too cuz you can get the clear drying washable type.

Scortia
09-05-2003, 08:05 PM
I've even used the white Elmers in a black wig and if it is kept thin enough, it doesn't really show... that stuff is like cosplay gold! ^.^

Hitori
09-05-2003, 08:22 PM
Wow, thanx y'all^_^ I'll be sure to try stuffs out and post a pic. (Heh, I have the easi wig, I'm going w/ her as Shiori).