PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok Online Gathering 2010

whoa melly
03-20-2010, 04:35 PM
We had an awesome group for MegaCon, so hopefully we can expand our group! Not just playable character cosplays are wanted, but monsters and NPCs can be cosplayed too.

INFO
Day: Up for discussion.
Meetup location: TBA
Time: TBD

List of cosplayers
Classes
Cheebes - High Wizard
whoa melly - Acolyte
UchihaGirl - Sorcerer or Scholar
AshleyV - Rogue
Raign - Blacksmith
LordRabies - High Priest

Monsters & NPCs

List will be modified later.

Feel free to discuss what date and time would be best for everyone. Location suggestions are always helpful!

UchihaGirl
03-20-2010, 09:28 PM
You know I am in with this group!

Probably Sorcerer or Scholar this time!

Cheebes
03-20-2010, 10:06 PM
;D yeah, casters!

UchihaGirl
03-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Which, again, I won't know anything about lol. Stupid classes I actually play have no clothes!

Cheebes
03-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Just don't pass out from heat exhaustion. :(
Or trip on your sleeves.

UchihaGirl
03-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Nah, no heat exhaustion. I keep myself pretty well hydrated at cons. And fed. Snacks and munchies. Since Metro parking is much closer than Mega, I usually bring a cooler and stuff it in the car with ice and get food throughout the day. My parents live in Tampa, about 30 minutes away. Debating on getting a hotel though...I'm sure that I can have people stay at the house though if you want to save money! There is another bed room and the living room.

whoa melly
03-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Nah, no heat exhaustion. I keep myself pretty well hydrated at cons. And fed. Snacks and munchies. Since Metro parking is much closer than Mega, I usually bring a cooler and stuff it in the car with ice and get food throughout the day. My parents live in Tampa, about 30 minutes away. Debating on getting a hotel though...I'm sure that I can have people stay at the house though if you want to save money! There is another bed room and the living room.
That sounds pretty awesome, then. I could probably bring some things I couldn't at Mega, like, better food than pringles haha. Also with the hotel/house thing- that would be the niftiest thing ever to stay at your house when it comes to money, but a hotel room might be better because it's closer? Not sure. :U

I'm sure you saw, but I updated the list for you! ;D

UchihaGirl
03-21-2010, 11:08 AM
The hotel would in fact be closer and I am looking into the Marriott across the way because my aunt works there and might be able to get dirt cheap rooms. And by might, I mean very loosely might. Again, it all depends.

The house's perk - free but my mom has cats, and smokes so it smells. Not good for people who might have an allergy. I hate going there myself but 90% of the time would be spent at the con. Showers, breakfast, con, sleep. Repeat x2.

Cheebes
03-21-2010, 08:33 PM
While the house sounds pretty sweet, I'm pretty unable to handle smoke and the such. D; Thank you though!
I'm just hoping to snag a nearby hotel that isn't friggen creepy, and keep the cost down with lots of people. ^^;; Lots as in more then you know... just two people in a room. guh.

Cheebes
03-21-2010, 08:56 PM
AshleyV says you can mark her down as a maybe for Rogue. :)

UchihaGirl
03-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Yeah, my aunt is looking into the hotel for me. Depends on what the rates are because money is tight.

Remember - we still have the Blacksmith and the High Priest too. I know Eric and Joon plan to come.

I said it on FB but we should totally be called FloROCos (short for Florida RO Cosplayers).

whoa melly
03-22-2010, 06:58 AM
Yeah, my aunt is looking into the hotel for me. Depends on what the rates are because money is tight.

Remember - we still have the Blacksmith and the High Priest too. I know Eric and Joon plan to come.

I said it on FB but we should totally be called FloROCos (short for Florida RO Cosplayers).
Not sure about their usernames here. I could go back to the MegaCon thread to check, but I'm much too lazy to do that >_>;;;

Haha, I'll check the thread and add them soon.

Cheebes
03-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Well, Mister Blacksmith is Raign. I'm not sure Joon has got around to making an account yet.

whoa melly
03-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Added Mister smithy to the list and put Joon beside him, at least until he gets an account.

UchihaGirl
03-22-2010, 08:43 AM
What about our Sader, Cheebes? Is he coming too?

Cheebes
03-22-2010, 09:10 AM
I believe he is going to be out of state on "vacation", or something, or so I found out at Megacon. *shrug* Who knows.

And maybe you can just mark him down as Joon until he gets an account? Right now, it looks like Eric is just doing two cosplays. o 3o

whoa melly
03-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Changed. Haha, sorry. Still early morning for me >_>;

UchihaGirl
03-24-2010, 08:21 AM
So I got the rates from my aunt - it would be $119 per night and I believe they sleep 4 people, possibly 5 so it would be about $55-75 per person for the weekend (2 nights + taxes divided between 4 or 5 people).

whoa melly
03-25-2010, 10:12 AM
My friend Nick may be able to come along from a different state. Trying to get him to cosplay something from RO. If he can't, can he somehow room with us? He's a pretty cool guy and is the furthest thing from obnoxious or rude.

But with the hotel thing, I think that sounds excellent for the room price thing. I'd be willing to help pay for the hotel room.

Cheebes
03-25-2010, 11:18 AM
xD; I'm trying to get friends from other states here too whoa.
And the hotel thing sounds nice. Are those the usual rates?
Annnnnd you said this is across the street? 8D

UchihaGirl
03-25-2010, 09:24 PM
xD; I'm trying to get friends from other states here too whoa.
And the hotel thing sounds nice. Are those the usual rates?
Annnnnd you said this is across the street? 8D

The hotel is across the street - easily in walking access I believe. Those are not the normal rates - those are the friends and family rates for Marriott employees. The lower piece is for 5 to a room, the higher is for 4 to a room.

If we did this group as it currently stands, there is already at least 5 people. I'm sure if we had enough people, we could get a second room. I'm not a fan of room stuffing so 5 would be the most and even then, I think one person would be on the floor.

My best friend will most likely go to the con as well, and she might stay with us but her parents live in Tampa as well so maybe not. They are reallllllllllly realllllllllly weird. Like....Clean Sweep weird. She won't cosplay....but I might be able to convince her to be a merchant.

LordRabies
03-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Herro, it's Joon :skidude2:, so I finally decided to stop being lazy and make an account about 2 weeks after Meghan told me to do so at Megacon :toothy:

I'll be going as a High Priest again as mentioned earlier and Mel, Meghan and Jessica, we really gotta hang out before Metrocon comes around.

UchihaGirl
03-29-2010, 08:54 AM
So, we might possibly have a merchant too...but it's unlikely. I'm going to try to get my friend to make one...

LordRabies
03-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Have her bring around a panda cart or something, and she and Eric can have a pot sale competition :toothy:

whoa melly
03-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Edited the post with Joon's username.

We all need to meet somewhere before Metrocon, yeah. Just to hang/chill/take pics/have fun. Also, merchants should seriously sell things like drinks and food if they can. That'd be epic.

LordRabies
03-29-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm already hoping for a potion sale competition

UchihaGirl
03-29-2010, 10:39 PM
We bought some fabric today for her merchant. It'll be interesting...she's already like "....but who is going to take all the photos?"

She's really shy and introverted.....yeah...let's go with introverted.

whoa melly
03-30-2010, 06:58 AM
Finally have a signature. Yay.

Tell your friend not to worry? I used to be the same exact way, and I still have some shyness left in me. She'll be okay! She can be a cute shy merchant who's trying to sell things with her...cuteness. 8D;

UchihaGirl
03-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Woohoo! Everyone is updating their siggies to show our RO awesomeness! We're gonna rock this!

So...I'm having a hard time deciding between Scholar and Sorcerer....I was at JoAnns looking at fabric and I couldn't decide! Some colors looked good together for Scholar but the design on Sorcerer looks really amazing minus the see-through bits. Ideas or suggestions gang?

whoa melly
03-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Maybe instead of a sheer fabric, it could be a nice, slightly thin/light fabric? I'm not sure. I'll see if I can go to Joann's today to get any ideas for you. I need to look for fabric for something else as well.

Cheebes
03-30-2010, 09:32 AM
*puts up a poll about it elsewhere*

I agree about the not-so-sheer fabric.

LordRabies
03-30-2010, 04:51 PM
We bought some fabric today for her merchant. It'll be interesting...she's already like "....but who is going to take all the photos?"

She's really shy and introverted.....yeah...let's go with introverted.

Shy little Merchant vs Loud obnoxious Blacksmith, this could very well become an epic battle

Cheebes
03-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Now, if I could get my friend down from Virginia, and she cosplays her alchemist, there will be some epic showdowns.

UchihaGirl
04-01-2010, 09:29 AM
So I'm not sure how you guys want to do this but we should probably get the hotel room soon, before it books up if we plan to get it. There is only one problem - I really can't afford to pay the amount right now. Do you think that maybe you guys can paypal me the money or something? The rooms are only for 4 people, but 5 wouldn't be a problem if someone was willing to sleep on the floor and we can bring an air mattress or something.

And after looking and staring at the pictures, I'm thinking the Scholar might be better than the Sorcerer since the tops is insanely low cut.....I swear, no idea on how they keep their cloths on in this game..

EDIT: I was reading on the site and it says that parking is $20 daily, or self parking somewhere across the street for $5-$15 day. Ouch. That might make a difference....stupid downtown areas and lack of space for parking.

whoa melly
04-01-2010, 11:31 AM
How much does it cost to book it? I can see if I can help....

Cheebes
04-01-2010, 11:48 AM
What determines if it's $5 or $15? o__o

And yeah, we'll figure this out!

And I vote scholar anyway.

LordRabies
04-01-2010, 08:30 PM
I can definitely chip in for the Metro hotel, but right now it's a little iffy since we have Meghan and Jess's friends coming(tentatively)? Either way, I'd be more than happy to chip in for the said room as stated :D Just let me know how much it will be etc with the parking included?

UchihaGirl
04-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I'd assume at least the first nights deposit is required on a credit card. Season probably is what varies cost for the parking garage.

Let's assume it's at least the 5 of us plus 2-3 more if anyone else comes. We might need two rooms, at which with 8 people, would run about $75 per person.

LordRabies
04-01-2010, 11:46 PM
This sounds like an epic RO party, I can also bring a sleeping bag if need be

whoa melly
04-02-2010, 04:16 PM
I'll see what I can do within the next few days to pitch in for the hotel, and I'll see if anyone I know who might be able to room with us can pay soon too.

UchihaGirl
04-06-2010, 11:26 AM
So our merchant is playing the game now, we're on AnthemRO. And this is what I expect my Scholar to look like.

LordRabies
04-07-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm probably going to work on a new headgear for this con, trying to decide between headbands and actual hats. Perhaps a Bongun Hat is in order...

UchihaGirl
04-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Woohoo! I gots my fabric for Scholar! I also told Braith about this con and stuff, to see if he would be able to go and join us. So hopefully, we can get a Stalker in our group too.

Edit - Joon, or Eric, if I can get to SuperCon, can I crash with one of you guis?

LordRabies
04-08-2010, 08:11 AM
For Supercon I might be rooming with my friends, Eric wants to drive for a couple of days so if anything I'll let you know what's going on once we get closer to the con date o-o

UchihaGirl
04-19-2010, 10:36 AM
So I'm working on the Scholar - tis giving me a hard time. Grrrrrrrr......I'll probably need more fabric for the bacon.

Also, using a Ygg leaf to revive this thread. We need more people for an epic group.

LordRabies
04-19-2010, 11:20 AM
You realize I'll be tagging every photo of your sleeves as "Delicious Bacon" <3

UchihaGirl
04-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Not 'dericious'?

Cheebes
04-19-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm telling you: RO cosplays are cursed.
Which speaking of, while cleaning out my closet, I found the destroyed piece of my high wiz dress. The one with the brown stains across it. guh.

We do, indeed, need more people. I'm sure once the con gets closer, and more people start checking the forums, it'll grow.

whoa melly
04-19-2010, 01:18 PM
I think I can pay for the hotel now. I just wanted to make sure if anyone else was so I'm not the only one paying >_>

I'll probably only get a Friday or Saturday badge as well to save money, then lobby camp the rest of the time. The dealer's room gets monotonous anyway, and there's only one panel I've seen that I really want to see.

But yeah. I was wondering if anyone else has paid for the hotel booking or is ready to?

Cheebes
04-19-2010, 01:34 PM
I miiighht be ready to. Might. It's what, $55?

Has anyone been to the fire show before? Is it cool and worth going to? D=

LordRabies
04-19-2010, 03:18 PM
I has monies to pay for the hotel, problem is I'll most likely need to pay whoever's booking it in person @_@

And Jessica, yes DIRISHUS BACON

UchihaGirl
04-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Yes, the hotel is $54 a person, and I haven't book yet.

Hmm, Joon were you and Eric planning to come up to O-Town soon?

LordRabies
04-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Entirely depends on when the sewing party is. Aside from that I don't think I'll be heading up to Orlando anytime soon @.@

Cheebes
05-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Hopefully, we can get Cory's sader armor remade in time!

Cheebes
06-05-2010, 10:46 PM
*drags thread up*

UchihaGirl
06-06-2010, 07:16 AM
*post to keep thread alive*

Soooooo....I'm like, officially working 7 days a week and have 0 time to work on anything. Including my Scholar. T_T I really want her to be done!!! Why can't I control time like the Prince of Persia, or you know...travel with the Doctor.

Cheebes
06-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Another option is a time traveling phone booth.

Cheebes
06-18-2010, 10:52 PM
*kicks thread up*

UchihaGirl
06-21-2010, 10:30 PM
So what classes/people do we have for sure at this point?

Also - 7 days a week is not good for trying to make costumes. We need to start doing cosplay power hours each night, but I no longer have AIM (I think AIM 7 is what infected my comp last time...or so I blame the crash since it died after I installed it...).

Cheebes
06-21-2010, 10:59 PM
High Wizard, High Priest, and uh... I think Eric is trying to get his Novice done? I don't know if Crusader will be done on time. I'm trying.

Use Meebo.com? =O

LordRabies
06-22-2010, 01:08 AM
I'll be rocking that High Priest as always. Also, I'm pretty sure that High Priest I caught at Supercon would be interested in this, let me see if anyone tagged him or not.

Cheebes
06-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Yeah, someone did!! :) Like... morning after you put the picture up. I was like "WHOAA that was fast".

UchihaGirl
06-24-2010, 08:32 PM
The con is less than a month away gang! Do we still need the other room, and also, what time/day/location are we planning to meet-up?

Cheebes
06-24-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm pretty sure my friends are still interested. I think it would be best if the first room could be paid for before we worry about it though...?

Lookin like Friday or Sunday. I'm fine with either, I think.

UchihaGirl
06-25-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm pretty sure my friends are still interested. I think it would be best if the first room could be paid for before we worry about it though...?

Lookin like Friday or Sunday. I'm fine with either, I think.

I think Eric already got the room, but I told him he needed to call and make sure the name on the reservation is mine so I can get the discount.

Cheebes
06-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Well, I think some of us haven't paid for it yet, so I'd hate to get a second one before the first is even paid off. o 3o
Anyway, I'll ask the friends! Is it looking possible?

UchihaGirl
06-25-2010, 09:38 AM
Well, I think some of us haven't paid for it yet, so I'd hate to get a second one before the first is even paid off. o 3o
Anyway, I'll ask the friends! Is it looking possible?

Yes, the rate is good for a max of 2 rooms. So we'd probably have to book it soon.

Cheebes
06-25-2010, 10:38 AM
I sure hope I could get Eric the money soon. '__'

Asking the friends about them going now. That's 3 of them, plus me, you, Eric, Joon, Cory, and Mel.
ughhh pre reg ends Sunday? D; So soon...

Cheebes
06-25-2010, 06:45 PM
k, those friends aren't going. D; WELL THEN, guess it's just us all again.
Wish they would of told me sooner. </3 Sorry if that put you through any trouble, Jess~

UchihaGirl
06-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Lol, no problem!

Edit: I am compiling a spreadsheet of the photoshoots and stuff, and comparing threads. I know that Gurren Lagann was considering either Friday or Saturday, and that Blazblue is also on that day for the main one around 11ish, and a smaller one on Sunday. I know I have Tales on Friday, and I think Mel has Hetalia (if I am not mistaken, that is their panel/shoot, right?)

With that said, I think maybe later Saturday or Sunday would be good for RO?

Cheebes
06-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Perhaps check with our Rogue on her schedule, as well? I believe she says she doesn't check the forums that much, so maybe she can help decide.

UchihaGirl
06-28-2010, 01:09 AM
Rogue said she'd be fine with whatever date and time - boys? Date/time preference?

Cheebes
07-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Well, I think Saturday or Sunday would be best for me, since on Friday, I'll be worrying about getting there in the first place, hotel, and changing for the masquerade.

Mister Morataya is asking again, so.

UchihaGirl
07-08-2010, 12:51 AM
So for anyone who is following this and is unsure if you want to join - PLEASE DO!!!!

We need more crazy RO-lovin' fans out there and we'd love to meet you guys! We decided on a time - Sunday at 11:00am, at the back doors by the waterfront! Let's make this the biggest RO group ever!!