PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2 at Metrocon!

BCook
03-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Hello again boys and girls - Red Spy here from Megacon! Planning to cosplay a class from TF2 at Metrocon? Who will you be and on what days? How's your costume construction going? Share all thoughts about TF2 here!

We'll definitely be scheduling a meet-up and photoshoot as we get a little closer to the actual convention date, but feel free to comment with your preference for what day and time the gathering should be. Let's get planning!

I know for sure that my cosplay partner and I will be doing RED Spy & BLU Scout's Mom again on whatever day the meet-up is, and possibly Medics on another day. It's still too soon to tell!

Champuro
03-22-2010, 10:51 AM
BLU Scout's Mom of the above-mentioned RED Spy/Scout's Mom team reporting in! I hope to see lots of people at Metrocon!

alluneedisluv
03-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey all! BLU Scout here and I'm gonna go ahead and get me and my Spy on the list for Metro. Lets see if we can get an awesome group going here guys!

psychoaccess
03-23-2010, 12:36 AM
fem!Medic reporting in!

I am currently trying to coerce two I know for a Scout and a Sniper, but those are yet to be seen.

.:Kiwi Tea:.
03-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Yes, yes, I'm here. ;]

BLU Spy, reporting in. Scout and I are going to be making it a conscious effort to be there. (And hopefully this time, I won't be running around like a madwoman at the last second trying to get things together!)

GiruSniper
03-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Hey guys, Red Heavy from megacon here. (the blonde hair one with the big bullet bandoleer, with the real sandviches =P) i'll probably be doing heavy again, not sure what day, maybe friday again.

alluneedisluv
03-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Haha! We're all the same people from Mega so far, good to hear we'll be seeing some of that crew again, it was fun! Hopping in to say that we'll be bringing a big picnic lunch on Friday for any of the TF2 crew thats interested, I'm not sure when the photoshoot for us will end up, but the food has to be on Friday since I'll be bringing it from home. :] I'll set up a time for the picnic when we're closer to Metro, I'm not sure yet what the schedule is for the con.

Champuro
03-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Hey guys, Red Heavy from megacon here. (the blonde hair one with the big bullet bandoleer, with the real sandviches =P) i'll probably be doing heavy again, not sure what day, maybe friday again.

Can I just say that you look absolutely AMAZING in every shot that I have from the shoot at Mega? Your expression is priceless. It gets me every time.

This is good that we're having most of the same people so far! I'm excited to see a lot of you guys again - it already feels like it's been forever since Megacon~!

By the way, I just wanted to let everyone who doesn't live in the area know that there's a very cheap and relatively close hotel to the con that some of us TF2 folk are staying at. So if any more TF2 cosplayers want to try to get a room there we might be able to set up some impromptu gatherings and/or late-night pool parties and/or other shenanigans. It's the Tampa Bay Doubletree Guest Suites and it's $67 a night as of right now: http://travelc.priceline.com/hotel/hotelOverviewGuide.do?key=g790l5xf&propID=39045&jsk=2003010a2103010a2010032613144440A511478787&plf=PCLH

GiruSniper
03-26-2010, 11:58 PM
Really?? ^_^ hehe thats awsome. the only one i really tried to make a face in was when we had all the guys around you (scouts mom). going for the crazy, laughing, bigsmile heavy. the rest are just me, lol.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg157/GiruSniper/HeavyFace-tb.jpg

lol, but yeah. i'll take a look at that hotel and as long as you got sandviches at the picnic im there!

Champuro
03-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Hey guys! For those of you going to be at AFO this year for our convention-wide Capture The Intel! game, I've got the Administrator in-game announcement system up and running over on Twitter: http://twitter.com/capturetheintel

Through here, all captures will be noted in-game (Except to see tweets saying "BLU Team has captured the enemy intelligence!") as well as an hourly score-count. If you don't have a Twitter don't worry about joining - we'll have screens running at each base with all of this info - but if you want to get cell phone text updates whenever a capture is made you'll need to make an account and click on the icon that says "Updates are not sent to your phone" to activate this service.

Just wanted to let everyone know~!

alluneedisluv
03-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Wow we've got the twitter up and going?? Does that mean we have confirmation from AFO or does it just mean we're going to do it anyways even if its not official? XD (We SO will.) The plan sounds great and I'm really glad this is actually happening! I'm SO going to have the most intel caps! :] How are we going to be able to get the intel back from someone if they have ours?

Anyways, I'll be making a twitter then, I'm gonna be all over this game for as long as it lasts so I need to know these updates, haha!

And about the picnic, yes of course there will be sandwiches! ^^ Its going to be TF2 themed food, though I'm not giving away any of the other dishes yet.

Champuro
03-29-2010, 07:58 PM
We don't have official confirmation, but we don't really need it. The confirmation is only on whether or not there will be an actual panel instead of just a group meet-up. We'll definitely be having the game unless AFO chases us off with brooms and pitchforks, and even then we'll probably still be makin' captures!

We've got a pretty neat system worked out where you can "kill" a player and take your intel back by tearing off a team sticker that all players will wear on their arm (where class patches are in the game). RED players will get to wear RED logo stickers and BLU players will get BLU logos, and that's essentially your life in the game. Once your sticker is torn off, you've got to go all the way back to your base and "respawn" with a new sticker. :>

GiruSniper
03-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Thats cool, i was wondering if there was a way to kill other players. for the stickers its a good idea if one player sneak attacks the other and rips the sticker off (like a spy backstab, instakill) but what happens if we run into each other? are we just suppose to wrestle each other trying to rip off the sticker? kinda difficult if your already carrying around a huge weapons like my sasha.

dunno if you want to have gun rules or not? like if you carrying a weapon and you have it pointed at the player and yell "Bang" first you kill the other player? but you have to be within like 10 ft of the player?

probly just get too cofusing and im probly handicapping myself with this rule anyways trying to whip sasha around to yell bang while a little spy carrying those cap gun revolvers just quick draw on me i'll die alot lol.

Just gonna have to use my heavy ninja skills and hide in a bush and jump the other players as they walk by lol.

Champuro
03-29-2010, 09:33 PM
If players run into each other then it's all up to who can tear the other person's sticker off fast enough. We're going to try to have a game moderator wandering around to make sure that all kills are fair, but it's pretty much up to you guys as players to keep things respectful. Of course you can come to us if a player without a sticker tore yours off and we'll give you a new one, but as for who-tore-first you guys will have to figure that out yourselves. I'm not really too worried, though - all of you guys are so incredibly chill and amazingly nice, so I have a lot of trust in you. :>

We're actually not going to involve prop weapons at all since that makes it really hard to figure out who shot who and who needs to respawn. For cosplayers like you who are Heavies or Pyros or other classes with massive weapons we'll have a weapons drop at each base for you guys where B. (my cosplay partner and the other mod for this endeavor) and I will watch over your props and bags and things during the game if you think they'll get in the way. You don't have to if you don't want to, though - you're more than welcome to carry your weapons around but I know for you especially that might be really difficult.

Ninja skills will definitely come in handy in this game! Brush up on 'em and you'll be set~!

GiruSniper
03-29-2010, 11:07 PM
ok cool. are we allowed to guard our own intell?

alluneedisluv
03-30-2010, 01:15 AM
<3 This game. I agree with keeping weapons out of it, it could make things really complicated and whatnot really quick... the only thought we had that I liked was that if you have a medic with you, you have to steal their sticker first, then the person with them. I may be thinking up unnecessary rules though ^^;

Thank god we can leave weapons with you, I'll definitely be dropping my prop intel and scattergun with you guys for this. I'll still bring sandman though, because I'd feel lost without it. XD

And I'm assuming whatever team you came in cosplay in is what you get. Just in case there happen to be too many BLU's me and spy have RED outfits as well and can switch if necessary. I'd rather not if we're close though, BLU team for the win!

Champuro
03-30-2010, 08:56 AM
ok cool. are we allowed to guard our own intell?

Yep! You're allowed to do whatever you want - you can even make a huge Red Rover chain in front of the base if you'd like. :D

Champuro
03-30-2010, 09:02 AM
<3 This game. I agree with keeping weapons out of it, it could make things really complicated and whatnot really quick... the only thought we had that I liked was that if you have a medic with you, you have to steal their sticker first, then the person with them. I may be thinking up unnecessary rules though ^^;

Thank god we can leave weapons with you, I'll definitely be dropping my prop intel and scattergun with you guys for this. I'll still bring sandman though, because I'd feel lost without it. XD

And I'm assuming whatever team you came in cosplay in is what you get. Just in case there happen to be too many BLU's me and spy have RED outfits as well and can switch if necessary. I'd rather not if we're close though, BLU team for the win!

We're still trying to figure out the Medic thing - our first instinct was to give Medic's two stickers, one for themselves and one that they could use on other players at their discretion, but that brought up the issue of how to make it so they wouldn't just use it on themselves, or on people carrying the intel. We need a simple way to take down people stealing the intel without any loopholes or what not, and I think the two sticker idea might infringe on that a bit. I like that idea about taking the Medic's sticker first, but we've got to figure out a reason for players to have Medics with them in the first place...

When we get a little closer to the con I'll start running a count both here and on Twitter as to how many players we have signed up and on which team they're playing on so people who could do either can come dressed accordingly. You guys don't have to worry, though - you're both BLU's and that's that! :>

alluneedisluv
03-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Hmmm I think there'd have to be a way to know which person a medic was 'healing'. If there was a set way know that then it would simply be a matter of having to kill the medic. I think the reason for having a medic would be to help steal the intel back. If you're trying to get the sticker of the person with the intel or anyone with them, you'll have extra protection/time to get it. The medic will be standing behind you most likely so it would make the 2 of you a bit more difficult to kill.

03-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Just posting to let you guys know I'm alive.

What about giving the Medics another sticker, with the "Medic!" symbol on them? That way they could use them to "heal" whoever they wanted by slapping it on someone else. Then you'd have to get THAT sticker as well as the Logo sticker off of the person. And if the Medic dies, of course, they take their "Medic!" sticker back.

And don't worry, we'll ALWAYS be BLU. Despite what B. says. Better dead than RED.

Champuro
03-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Just posting to let you guys know I'm alive.

What about giving the Medics another sticker, with the "Medic!" symbol on them? That way they could use them to "heal" whoever they wanted by slapping it on someone else. Then you'd have to get THAT sticker as well as the Logo sticker off of the person. And if the Medic dies, of course, they take their "Medic!" sticker back.

And don't worry, we'll ALWAYS be BLU. Despite what B. says. Better dead than RED.

I am seriously digging that idea. I'll bring it up with B. and see what he thinks, but that is a good way to solve our problems regarding the Medic. We're already going to have to go crazy printing out stickers - no harm in adding a few more!

Also, I am in a Panera laughing hysterically like a lunatic over the "Better dead than RED" thing. Everyone around me thinks I'm insane now, but I don't care because that's amazing. I want to get a tattoo of that.

03-30-2010, 09:35 PM
And then of course you'd have Medic stickers to go run around and slap on people at other cons and/or anywhere else. Which is perhaps the best part of that plan.

Ha! Really? I thought I said it to B. once or twice at Megacon. XD Though I may be mistaken; my brother and I will randomly say it if anything reminds us of RED, so we say it A LOT. It's just the best saying ever though, am I right? Doubly so because the REDs don't have anything to say back. Muhahaha!

On a completely unrelated note, Panera~ <3

Champuro
03-31-2010, 11:51 AM
And then of course you'd have Medic stickers to go run around and slap on people at other cons and/or anywhere else. Which is perhaps the best part of that plan.

Ha! Really? I thought I said it to B. once or twice at Megacon. XD Though I may be mistaken; my brother and I will randomly say it if anything reminds us of RED, so we say it A LOT. It's just the best saying ever though, am I right? Doubly so because the REDs don't have anything to say back. Muhahaha!

On a completely unrelated note, Panera~ <3

I wouldn't be so sure of that - B. spent a good fifteen minutes last night with a rhyming dictionary trying to come up with something good to say back.

He's got a good one, too, but he kind of has to be in Spy get-up for it to have full effect. OH THE SUSPENSE.

GiruSniper
03-31-2010, 01:57 PM
ok wait i just got confused for a sec. were talking about this in the metrocon thread but your previous post said AFO, are we only doing this for AFO or both? personally i think we should do this for any con if there are enough people.

and i really want to know what B. came up with for Red.

03-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Really? Actually, I'm not all that surprised...

Oh c'mon now, that's just mean. You can't tell me he came up with something and then NOT TELL ME WHAT IT IS. *Sigh* Oh fine. I'll wait. >.>

@GiruSniper - Yeah, it's meant for AFO. We're talking about this on the Metrocon thread in case people in this thread want to meet up there as well.

alluneedisluv
03-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Haha! Really? I thought we were just talking about it here because we got off topic like we always do. XD We should probably either start up an AFO thread as well for this topic or just chat in PM's for a while.

And I don't care what B came up with, my response if he says it at Metrocon will be a nerf-scattergun bullet to the back of the head. XD I wonder how long till I get in trouble, if I manage to keep it functional... I'll have to be sneaky

Champuro
03-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Girusniper - We get off topic. A LOT. It's kind of a bad habit. Yes, the game is for AFO only at the moment, since that's where our super big TF2 meet up is going to be this year, but if it goes over well there then we'll definitely do it anywhere else that we can!

Oh man, I've really built up the suspense, huh? I'll see if I can get him on here again to tell you guys himself... :>

Also: Halle, I love you. The nerf-scattergun bullet comment had me ROLLING.

GiruSniper
04-01-2010, 01:04 AM
lol its fine, i dont mind if it gets off topic. just makeing sure =P

AmethystWolf
06-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Necroing the thread! I'm going as a BLU Fem!Engineer. It's going to be my first real cosplay, so I'm kinda nervous about it! Currently, I'm working on painting the knee-pads yellow.
(Does anyone know where I can get the gloves and plus-size overalls? I've looked high and low for them!)

Prota-Girl
06-01-2010, 06:19 PM
GAWD I cannot wait to see you all. O.O *readies camera* xDD You guys are gonna look great!!! XDD

06-13-2010, 02:26 AM
@AmethystWolf - The only place I can think to look are your local thrift stores. We've been having a hard time trying to find overalls for Engi as well and if you can't find them in stores, it may just be best to start searching online. As for Engi's glove, maybe Home Depot or Lowes? Something in that department might have them. On a separate note, we're TOTALLY excited to see someone else headed our way! And don't worry, everyone starts off at some time, and TF2 is a great way to pick up the cosplaying bug! It's fairly easy and the crowd is AMAZING, so just do your best and have fun with it. ^^

@Prota-Girl - Whee, thanks so much! Can't wait to see you there too!

06-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Yikes, this thread has died considerably!

If anyone else has plans to cosplay TF2 for this convention, you would be doing us a HUGE service by posting and letting us know! BLU Scout (alluneedisluv) and I are trying to whip up a TF2 picnic for Friday and we need to get a vague idea as to how many people we're gonna need to pack for. Also, if any of you guys wanna be dears and bring something to the picnic to share with the rest of your fellow TF2 cosplayers, it would be beyond appreciated! Otherwise, just post and let us know what's up.

GiruSniper
06-28-2010, 06:18 AM
I thought I would pop in again and see if you all are still alive, lol. Red Heavy reporting in... cant wait for metro, im really excited.

06-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Ahaha, so are we! And thanks for dropping by, the poor thread is dying pretty fast. We can't wait to see everyone at Metro again and my BLU Scout and I are working on Engineer and Sniper, respectively. Hopefully we'll have a big, interactive group again!

AmethystWolf
07-01-2010, 12:53 AM
@AmethystWolf - The only place I can think to look are your local thrift stores. We've been having a hard time trying to find overalls for Engi as well and if you can't find them in stores, it may just be best to start searching online. As for Engi's glove, maybe Home Depot or Lowes? Something in that department might have them. On a separate note, we're TOTALLY excited to see someone else headed our way! And don't worry, everyone starts off at some time, and TF2 is a great way to pick up the cosplaying bug! It's fairly easy and the crowd is AMAZING, so just do your best and have fun with it. ^^

Sorry for the delay! Offline's been pretty crazy as of late.

Yeah, it's been crazy trying to find a proper pair of overalls, especially since I'm a big girl - I think looking online will probably be my best bet. But I found the gloves - thank you for the advice!

And thanks for the encouraging words! I'm still nervous, but all of the TF2 people I've seen seem to be pretty darn cool, and I'm looking forward to meeting others who enjoy the game. I can't wait to meet everyone there!

(Oh, and if that picnic is still happening, I'll see if I can rustle something up..)

07-01-2010, 03:30 AM
We just found my cosplay partner's pair of overalls and have proceeded to find at least three more pairs at the local thrift stores. So my advice? Keep checking but make sure you have an online back-up plan! If you need help, I can go run around for a bit and see what I can find around the interwebs, ahah!

Don't worry; on this end, we just convinced a group of friends of ours to cosplay TF2 with us and they'll be joining us as first-time cosplayers too! And we definitely welcome anyone who wants to join the madness that is the Team Fortress 2 fandom. XD

Yes, the picnic is still happening and if you feel the need to bring something, it would be most appreciated! (And on a side note, you shouldn't have to worry about that cosplay of yours; you're already in the Engie spirit using phrases like "rustle up." XD Good on ya!)

AmethystWolf
07-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Definitely still keeping it up. I'm going on another hunt today, actually, so wish me luck! Thank you for the offer for help, though - I may take you up on it, depending on my success (or lack thereof) here.

Haha, that makes me feel a hell of a lot better! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone, because it sounds like this'll be awesome. :3

Oh, definitely. I couldn't show up at a picnic empty handed. Is there a time set for it? I know that Friday was mentioned..
(pfffft - I didn't even notice that, oh dear! Maybe I'm getting too in character..)

edit: Got a pair of overalls! :D

07-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Alright! Congrats on the overalls; somehow, I think this is when people get rid of them. Not quite sure why, but hey, more to our benefit.

It will be, I'm sure. We seem to have a really awesome group pulling together; I already know the little group that we're bringing is quite the party. XD

Uh, we were thinking sometime later on Friday, so that we could place the picnic where people could eat there and not have to worry about spending money for dinner. As for a time, we're kind of in the air right now about that. (Ahaha, no way. Keep the character; it'll be great for shots and videos. XD)

AmethystWolf
07-04-2010, 04:44 AM
It was a major relief getting those. Otherwise, I would have resorted to using jeans, which - meh, accuracy. There's still a number of things that I need to fix up on the outfit, now that I think about it, but I'm too broke, so it'll be BLU Engineer 1.0, I figure. :]

Oh, my! That sounds very promising.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I'll drop in here every so often to check for times/updates and such. Anyone like Sandviches for the picnic?
(*laughs* Alright. I can't make any promises, mind, but I'll do my best!)

07-04-2010, 09:00 AM
It was the same for us. It was either find them or order them online, and we're so wary about getting stuff like that. :/ Even the Engie goggles are nerve-wracking for us because we like to be able to see what we are buying in person.

Ahaha, got Sandviches covered. xD That was really the first thing we ever thought to bring and what started the picnic idea. But if you'd like to bring more, then by all means! We're already fretting about how to fit everything in my little four-door Nissan, along with the luggage and cosplays of five people. XD

AmethystWolf
07-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Yeah - I'm hesitant about buying clothing online, since the fits can be.. rather all over the place, especially for pants. I trust the company I ordered from since their clothing is exactly the same as what you'd find in their brick-and-mortar store, so I lucked out. Paid more to have it hemmed, but I figure I'm going to wear them more then once, so what the hell.

*laughs* I figured as much! I can see about either making more of 'em or getting other things like water/snacks/etc, depending on money. And oh gosh, that's quite a bit for that car! Good luck with all that, fffff. I BELIEVE IN YOU!

GiruSniper
07-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Anyone like Sandviches for the picnic?

Ahaha, got Sandviches covered. xD That was really the first thing we ever thought to bring and what started the picnic idea. But if you'd like to bring more, then by all means! We're already fretting about how to fit everything in my little four-door Nissan, along with the luggage and cosplays of five people. XD

Red Heavy wants Sandviches noW! lol. 19 days then.... this is gonna be fun :spinner:

~Who touched Sasha!~ :angry: lol

AmethystWolf
07-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Red Heavy wants Sandviches noW!

Yer gonna have to wait, big guy! :square:

alluneedisluv
07-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Wow so I haven't been checking up here, thanks for keeping the thread alive! XD Just hopping in to say hi to the new people and see what I'd been missing.

Good to see you got your overalls Amethyst! Its a pain finding them. I finally got my goggles in the mail yesterday so i'm about ready for con time! Engie party at metro!

Haha! There will be LOTS of sandviches for you Heavy. We're getting olives and red and blue foofy toothpicks and everything!

AmethystWolf
07-08-2010, 03:37 AM
Good to see you got your overalls Amethyst! Its a pain finding them. I finally got my goggles in the mail yesterday so i'm about ready for con time! Engie party at metro!

Haha! There will be LOTS of sandviches for you Heavy. We're getting olives and red and blue foofy toothpicks and everything!

YEEEE HAW, ENGIE PARTY :skidude2:

Thank you; yeah, it was a big pain in the butt to find 'em, but absolutely worth it.

I'm ridiculously excited for this convention now since I'm meeting up with awesome TF2 folks. :3

Saphire_Stones
07-09-2010, 03:00 PM
BLU MaidSpy and my partner RED Concep Spy reporting in for Friday and Saturday! ^_^

Rios93
07-15-2010, 01:18 AM
RED Hound Dog Heavy.. See you there! I WILL BRING THE DALOKOHS BARS!

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii265/HoodedShadow/photo-4.jpg?t=1279171075

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii265/HoodedShadow/photo-5.jpg?t=1279171091

AmethystWolf
07-16-2010, 01:18 AM
*tries not to keep the thread from dying!*

Any word on what time everything's happening? My non-TF2 buddies/con-goers are making plans and we're trying to coordinate schedules. :3

alluneedisluv
07-16-2010, 12:18 PM
I was trying to see if there was any particular time that was good for people but I'm not hearing much yet so I'm thinking 5/6ish? Lemme talk to my crew and see what everyone thinks but we're hoping to feed everyone so that dinner isn't necessary. No one wants to pay for food at a con! :D And I don't want it too early because Friday is when everyones still showing up. Don't want to miss anyone.

Also, does anyone know metro's layout pretty well? We need an easy to find place to meet so we can all head outside for the food/photoshoot.

Champuro
07-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Hey folks, Scoutmama of the RED Spy that started this thread reporting in! I just wanted to let everyone know that in addition to the picnic & photoshoot/meet-up that we've got going on, I'm also going to be hosting a TF2-themed pajama party on Saturday night for any TF2 cosplayers that want to come!

The party is clean and all in good fun, so basically it's just an excuse to romp around in character and take some silly pictures in the process. We'll have popcorn and snacks, too, so all you need to bring is your costume (or pajamas! those are encouraged!) and any props or in-character related stuffs that you see fit!

I'll be posting the address of the hotel & the room number a little closer to the con date, so keep checking back and let me know if you'd be interested!

AmethystWolf
07-17-2010, 02:02 AM
I was trying to see if there was any particular time that was good for people but I'm not hearing much yet so I'm thinking 5/6ish?

That works for me! I'll let the guys know. But just as a heads up: I can't bring anything for the picnic as of right now (money situation changed :( )

Scoutma: That party sounds fun! I'll see if I can make it~

Rios93
07-17-2010, 12:36 PM
pajama party sounds awesome xD Sasha will be happy to go

GiruSniper
07-17-2010, 01:53 PM
This will be Awsome!! =D

i can probly bring like some chips/soda for the picnic... is that ok or would you like me to bring something else?

Saphire_Stones
07-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Establishing a meeting place would be best >~< I guess I'll find the nearest TF2 cosplayer and stick with them until everyone's all together. Right? Or should we meet someplace like upstairs in the loft area behind that little dealer area? PLEASE GET BACK TO THIS THE CON'S IN LESS THAN A WEEK!!! *so excited*

Rios93
07-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Establishing a meeting place would be best >~< I guess I'll find the nearest TF2 cosplayer and stick with them until everyone's all together. Right? Or should we meet someplace like upstairs in the loft area behind that little dealer area? PLEASE GET BACK TO THIS THE CON'S IN LESS THAN A WEEK!!! *so excited*

I think starting a mob of tf2 cosplayers would be freaking fun!

AmethystWolf
07-17-2010, 08:06 PM

Well, it's cliche, maybe, but - there's the large staircase by Franklin Street. I figure it'd be easy to find TF2 peeps if we all meet out there, eh?

Saphire_Stones
07-17-2010, 09:52 PM
engie's gotta point.....people scream medic >~<

Champuro
07-18-2010, 11:11 AM
I know that none of the organizers for the picnic/meet-up have been to Metro before, so wherever you guys suggest is great! We will need some kind of an open space for the picnic, but are there any places that would lend to a really good photoshoot too?

Saphire_Stones
07-18-2010, 03:45 PM
There's the train station right across from the con, we can pretend we're in Well XD

AmethystWolf
07-18-2010, 05:38 PM
There's the train station right across from the con, we can pretend we're in Well XD

Seconding this! It could be epic.

GiruSniper
07-18-2010, 08:55 PM
I know that none of the organizers for the picnic/meet-up have been to Metro before, so wherever you guys suggest is great! We will need some kind of an open space for the picnic, but are there any places that would lend to a really good photoshoot too?

The river walk is pretty open area. well atleast until everyone sees all the tf2 people meeting up out there and come to take pics.

Naruto Fox
07-18-2010, 08:58 PM
i'll be go to Metrocon as Red Sniper (thought il only have a kukuri) and il try to make the photoshoot

Saphire_Stones
07-18-2010, 10:30 PM
And what day(s) are the picnic/photo shoot? >~<

GiruSniper
07-19-2010, 12:55 AM
the main picnic photo shoot if friday right?

Champuro
07-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Yeah, the picnic & photoshoot are Friday, and then we're having a pajama party Saturday night at the Doubletree. I'll get the address for the pajama party for you guys ASAP~!

Champuro
07-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Okay, folks! The pajama party will be held at the Doubletree Guest Suites at 3050 North Rocky Point Drive West. I won't be posting the room number on here, but I will announce it during the photoshoot, picnic, and whatnot, so if you'd like to come just come find me anytime during the con!

I'll be Rose Tyler from Doctor Who on Friday (and then switching to Scout's Mom gear for the picnic), Scout's Mom on Saturday, and then a Little Sister from Bioshock 2 on Sunday, so if you see any version of me don't be afraid to say hello! Haha~

Rios93
07-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Okay, folks! The pajama party will be held at the Doubletree Guest Suites at 3050 North Rocky Point Drive West. I won't be posting the room number on here, but I will announce it during the photoshoot, picnic, and whatnot, so if you'd like to come just come find me anytime during the con!

I'll be Rose Tyler from Doctor Who on Friday (and then switching to Scout's Mom gear for the picnic), Scout's Mom on Saturday, and then a Little Sister from Bioshock 2 on Sunday, so if you see any version of me don't be afraid to say hello! Haha~

I really needa do a Subject Delta @_@ see you there!

Saphire_Stones
07-19-2010, 01:08 PM
ok now I know what day it is. Where and when be picnic? Or when and where do we meet up? >~< Just tyring to get the facts straight so I don't go flailing around the con going: TF2 PEOPLE SOUND OFF!!!

Rios93
07-19-2010, 04:31 PM
ok now I know what day it is. Where and when be picnic? Or when and where do we meet up? >~< Just tyring to get the facts straight so I don't go flailing around the con going: TF2 PEOPLE SOUND OFF!!!

I think we're just gonna have to all find eachother, creating a huge tf2 mob of death

GiruSniper
07-19-2010, 04:44 PM
hey guys i got a little problem. since im doing the heavy friday and vash sunday the hair is a problem....i need to find a hat for my heavy, so i dont have to cut it do do the heavy. does anyone know if store like walmart or target or where ever has something like a officers ushanka or tough guys toque? i have a red bandanna, tf2 wiki says a red bandanna is a heavy hat but ive never seen one with it...

Rios93
07-19-2010, 05:32 PM
hey guys i got a little problem. since im doing the heavy friday and vash sunday the hair is a problem....i need to find a hat for my heavy, so i dont have to cut it do do the heavy. does anyone know if store like walmart or target or where ever has something like a officers ushanka or tough guys toque? i have a red bandanna, tf2 wiki says a red bandanna is a heavy hat but ive never seen one with it...

Well if you have longish hair like me do the Hound Dog, I just bought 5 dollar aviators at a flea market lol.. I dunno where you can find a toque or ushanka because this is florida lmao so I suggest finding a red bandana he does where called the duty rag
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Heavy_Duty_Rag

or you can get a red helmet and paint a yellow strip on it if you think you have time

Saphire_Stones
07-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Wear it XD

Champuro
07-19-2010, 08:46 PM

My cosplay partner has something VERY similar to the officer's ushanka. I'll see if he can dig it up and let you borrow it for the shoot on Saturday~!

Saphire_Stones
07-19-2010, 08:57 PM
ok so picnic on Friday and shoot on Saturday? Gotcha

GiruSniper
07-19-2010, 09:37 PM
My cosplay partner has something VERY similar to the officer's ushanka. I'll see if he can dig it up and let you borrow it for the shoot on Saturday~!

cool, i would appreciate it.

Champuro
07-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Okay, folks, here's the 100% OFFICIAL TIMETABLE FOR TF2 MEET-UP'S AT METROCON!

Friday:
TF2-Themed Cosplay Picnic (With accompanying photoshoot)
5:00 pm // Meet in front of the dealers room and then go out to the picnic area together
- Organized by two of the most amazing and hardcore TF2 cosplayers in Florida, Friday afternoon all fans & cosplayers alike are invited to a potluck picnic filled with all manner of TF2 related foods and beverages. (Be afraid! Be very afraid!) Bring whatever you can and come in costume if possible!

Saturday:
TF2 "Electric Worry" Music Video Shoot
12:00 pm // Location TBA
- Cosplayers and videographers merge talents to bring TF2 to life! Saturday afternoon all cosplayers are invited to participate in a choreographed battlefield music video set to Clutch's Electric Worry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx6FV2qR2TY). The shoot will take no more than a hour and a half so don't worry about not being able to see your favorite panel or other Metrocon-sanctioned event! All are welcome and please bring as many props as possible!

TF2 After-Hours Cosplay Pajama Party
9:00 pm // Doubletree Guest Suites at 3050 North Rocky Point Drive West (message for room number)
- PINK ROYALE! Cosplay, as seen on Teamfortress.com, host an all-out wild pajama party for any and all TF2 cosplayers! Come in character and in costume (in your regular costume or TF2 related pajamas) for a few hours of popcorn, storytelling, photoshoots, and tons of other silly slumber party staples! (Note: this is a clean party. Due to hotel rules & regulation, no drugs or alcohol will be permitted in the room.)

Saphire_Stones
07-19-2010, 10:51 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! <33 I look forward to meeting all of you and making new cosplay friends ^_^

How long will the pajama party be?

GiruSniper
07-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Ah crap the picnic is starting at 4pm, damn now im gonna miss the doctor who/torchwood gameshow pannel, and i was really looking forward to it =,( i is sad now

Champuro
07-19-2010, 11:03 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! <33 I look forward to meeting all of you and making new cosplay friends ^_^

How long will the pajama party be?

The pajama party will probably only last about two hours, maybe three. Everyone will definitely be out by midnight, but you're more than welcome to come and go as you please between 9 & 12.

Saphire_Stones
07-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Danke!

Champuro
07-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Ah crap the picnic is starting at 4pm, damn now im gonna miss the doctor who/torchwood gameshow pannel, and i was really looking forward to it =,( i is sad now

THERE'S A DOCTOR WHO GAMESHOW?!?!?!?

... I might be a little late to the picnic.

<--- HUGE Doctor Who nerd. Like, is traveling all the way from NYC to LA next year for Gallifrey.

GiruSniper
07-20-2010, 12:44 AM
THERE'S A DOCTOR WHO GAMESHOW?!?!?!?

... I might be a little late to the picnic.

<--- HUGE Doctor Who nerd. Like, is traveling all the way from NYC to LA next year for Gallifrey.

yeah its friday at 4pm in pannel room 21. i love doctor who also. you know you wanna push back that picnic to 5pm so we can go ;)

Champuro
07-20-2010, 09:20 AM
yeah its friday at 4pm in pannel room 21. i love doctor who also. you know you wanna push back that picnic to 5pm so we can go ;)

Oh man, I really really do... let me talk to the organizers of the picnic and see what I can do :>

Naruto Fox
07-20-2010, 02:54 PM
please push it, i have a friend who has a panel at 4 also and i go everytime she does it.

Rios93
07-20-2010, 08:28 PM
TF2 After-Hours Cosplay Pajama Party
9:00 pm // Doubletree Guest Suites at 3050 North Rocky Point Drive West (message for room number)
- PINK ROYALE! Cosplay, as seen on Teamfortress.com, host an all-out wild pajama party for any and all TF2 cosplayers! Come in character and in costume (in your regular costume or TF2 related pajamas) for a few hours of popcorn, storytelling, photoshoots, and tons of other silly slumber party staples! (Note: this is a clean party. Due to hotel rules & regulation, no drugs or alcohol will be permitted in the room.)

is it me or is that really really far from the con..

Champuro
07-20-2010, 08:35 PM
is it me or is that really really far from the con..

It's about ten minutes away. It's where all of the organizers are staying, so that's why it's taking place there - we couldn't get a closer hotel. :<

Champuro
07-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Okay, guys, I talked with the picnic organizers and they're okay with moving it to 5 pm so everyone can go to the panels they want to go to!

Eyeofgod
07-20-2010, 09:14 PM
I can't wait to see all the TF2 cosplayers there :D
I have all the Meet the files in MP3 format with a ton of remixes and stuff that I want to play for everyone there :D

I will do filming too when you guys do that video, I can't wait to see how epic it will be :D

GiruSniper
07-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Woot thanks for moving the picnic to 5pm. :D can't wait to see you all there. Allons-y!

Rios93
07-21-2010, 02:30 PM
I can't wait to see all the TF2 cosplayers there :D
I have all the Meet the files in MP3 format with a ton of remixes and stuff that I want to play for everyone there :D

I will do filming too when you guys do that video, I can't wait to see how epic it will be :D

Hey can you bring the Electric Worry song so we can listen to it during the shoot? It would help a lot thanks!!

Eyeofgod
07-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Hey can you bring the Electric Worry song so we can listen to it during the shoot? It would help a lot thanks!!

Not a problem! I'll get it on my Ipod today :D

Saphire_Stones
07-21-2010, 11:21 PM
I got it on my Ipod XD

Oh, I really need to know where the picnic's being held. If it's a drive away or if it's in walking distance or if it's the patio outside the convention.

Champuro
07-22-2010, 12:54 AM
I got it on my Ipod XD

Oh, I really need to know where the picnic's being held. If it's a drive away or if it's in walking distance or if it's the patio outside the convention.

It'll be on the convention grounds somewhere - well within walking distance. All of the organizers for the TF2 events are Metro-newbies so we have to scout everything out beforehand. XD That's why we're just going to meet in front of the Dealers Room and then all walk together to wherever the picnic organizers see fit.

Logenya
07-22-2010, 03:32 AM
Defiantly will be taking lots of pictures of this group. My older sister will jizz her pants when she sees em

alluneedisluv
07-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Heya again guys! Just hopping in to say the food is about to be bought and made, and that I can't wait to see you all tomorrow! And thanks so much, Champuro for taking care of everything here. Between fixing cosplays all morning and working all night, its been a LONG week haha!

As far as location, yes we're not quite sure yet, but we're definitely going to be checking that patio out... And we'll be sending some of our crew to search for TF2 people before 5 oclock rolls around so hopefully by 5 we'll be a very noticable crew forming in front of the dealers room!

Saphire_Stones
07-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Thank you and can't wait! ^_^

AmethystWolf
07-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Really looking forward to hanging out with you guys! Just picked up my pass today - if you see a BLU Engiebee with a pass that says Amethyst, that's me.

Eyeofgod
07-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Really looking forward to hanging out with you guys! Just picked up my pass today - if you see a BLU Engiebee with a pass that says Amethyst, that's me.

Got any props for the new Eng update? :D

Saphire_Stones
07-22-2010, 11:41 PM
metal hand ftw XD

AmethystWolf
07-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Got any props for the new Eng update? :D

*laughs* Unfortunately, not - I was kinda broke by the time the update was released. I'm going to consider them for the next update to the cosplay, though. :skidude2:

Eyeofgod
07-22-2010, 11:54 PM
*laughs* Unfortunately, not - I was kinda broke by the time the update was released. I'm going to consider them for the next update to the cosplay, though. :skidude2:

Awesome
Well, I got the Eng's song that he plays in the "Meet the" video to play for you :D

Champuro
07-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Okay, guys, Friday is officially upon us~! Remember that the potluck picnic meet-up is at 5 o'clock today! Everyone will meet in front of the dealers room and then go to the picnic area, so be sure to tell everyone you see in TF2 cosplay about the it!

I'll be dressed as Rose Tyler (http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/s2_07gallery/1024/rose_magpie_doc.jpg) from Doctor Who in the morning so if you have any questions, need any help, or just want to chat feel free to track me down! Can't wait to meet some of you and to see others again~! See you at 5~!

AmethystWolf
07-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Awesome
Well, I got the Eng's song that he plays in the "Meet the" video to play for you :D

I'm looking forward to that! :)

See you all in a few hours!

Rios93
07-23-2010, 08:32 AM
I AM VERY HAPPY! (Heavy Quote)

Champuro
07-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey folks~! I don't know how many of you are going to check this tonight, but thanks so much to everyone who showed up at the picnic today! I'll be posting the photoshoot photos as soon as Monday rolls around so just keep checking back here!

As for tomorrow, there's still the music video shoot for Clutch's Electric Worry! We will be meeting at 12 o'clock pm in the same area where the picnic was held (second floor patio - just past Artist's Alley and the Fighting Arena) and then will begin shooting nearby shortly thereafter. Tomorrow night there's also the TF2 Pajama Party at the nearby Doubletree Hotel! The address for that is 3050 North Rocky Point Drive West - it's about eight miles from the convention center and is a ten minute drive if you take the highway. We have the room number now so I'll be texting everyone who gave me their number at the picnic, but if you want to go and didn't catch me there send me a message or find me at the shoot tomorrow! The pajama party goes from 9 o'clock until midnight, and will include popcorn and games (including COSPLAY TWISTER!) So be sure to come in costume or TF2 themed pajamas!

Okay, I think that's it for now! Thanks again everyone and see you tomorrow!

Nemne
07-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Aw man! I wish I woulda known about this beforehand. It would have been awesome to join y'all as BLU Pyro, but I didn't think to bring that costume. It was great seeing so much TF2 in the hallways, though. You guys rock!

Jack of Spades
12-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Doing this again this year? Just bamping because TF2 is at the front of my mind right now. (this is the BLU engy((Texas Ten Gallon)) from saturday of last year)

Chyster
01-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Hnnng I'd like to pull off a RED Scout cosplay this year. We'll see how things go. :'D
Hopefully there will be lots of TF2 cosplayers... ? :V

Rowe
03-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Red Engy reporting in! I got my red striped engy cap ready. I may be bringing along a red Heavy, too! Not sure what our props will be.

Gentlemen_
04-22-2012, 11:44 AM
RED Spy checking in! I'll be the one in the dating game panel at 1:00 on Friday, so be sure to stop by!
I'm also considering being a tentaspy, so we'll see if I can get that done in time.