PDA

View Full Version : Groups and gatherings at AWA9

PretearWink
09-06-2003, 10:18 AM
I figured maybe there should be a thread so everyone can post there 'final' choices for costumes and see if anyone wants to get together some last minute groups. ^_^ Also, so we can make sure everyone can get together on Saturday without having to worry about reading through a million posts^_^

From what I've seen, I think people are beginning to agree to get together around noon before the costume contest pre-judging...right?^_^ Is everyone ok with that? And what place?^_^

My costumes are going to be:

Beramode
Esper Terra

And if anyone wantas to get together a group:

Gambler Rikku
KH Aerith

What about everyone else?^_^

RobTheStampede
09-06-2003, 10:55 AM
mine are going to be vash the stampede from trigun and spike from cowboy bebop ^_^

Masami
09-06-2003, 05:12 PM
Costumes that my group is doing:
-Two Heartless from Kingdom Hearts
-Pyoko, Puchiko, Dejiko, and Usada (Alice In Wonderland style) from Di Gi Charat
-War of Genesis misc. characters
-Fruits Basket misc. characters

I know there are a few more KH characters, so do you want to have a meeting of KH? The main day we are wearing are Heartless is on Saturday, so maybe right after the cosplay.com shoot?

BTW- I think the cosplay.com shoot is @ noon ... no one has disagreed on it!

PretearWink
09-06-2003, 08:02 PM
Saturday I can't since we have a semi-big amano-style FFVI group going that day...and my Esper Terra takes me like 30 minutes to rig on XD What day/chars do you have together for WOG? ^_^

Oh, and where is the cosplay.com photoshoot on Saturday?^_^

Dia
09-06-2003, 09:08 PM
I should have:

Relm, FFVI
Adora, Magna Carta
Mamimi, FLCL
Wired Lain, SELain

And also Suu (for the ball), either a new one or the one from last year, depending on time.

I shall be assaulting many of you for photos, yes.

Masami
09-07-2003, 12:14 AM
WoG we can wear any day... except Sat. ^_^ lol... I know that there will be some Magna Carta people (including Dia)... so maybe we could all combine forces? I wouldn't mind some WoG/MC pics together =)

PretearWink
09-07-2003, 08:45 AM
Sounds good~! I'm gonna wear Beramode both Friday and Sunday so that works out pretty well XD We definitely need to get together for a WOG/MC group ^_^ I need to find out if my brother is still gonna do Black Raven... -.-

scandia
09-07-2003, 09:03 AM
Friday:

Ginger, 2PM to ~7PM
Eternal Emeraude, CLAMP Ball

Saturday:

Eternal Emeraude, all day

School is already being tough, so I will probably not stick around for Sunday.

SuthrnBelleChan
09-07-2003, 02:06 PM
I will have

Battle Royale
Beast of Blood Mana
Alice of DDR (maybe)
Dark mage Rikku(most likely)

CrossScar
09-08-2003, 08:55 PM
I haven't finalized my costumes but so far its...
---------------------------------
Gackt (Illuminati) - Definate
Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne) - Possibly
Kenshin - (Not Decided yet)

I'm only going to be there Saturday and Sunday. Probably wearing Gackt most of the time ^^;
If ya'll are getting togehter a WoG/MC group I SOooo wanna take pictures of that *-*

Masami
09-08-2003, 11:24 PM
If you wear Kenshin... I must warn you. I AM a rabid Kenshin fangirl... so it's likely my friends and I will molest you in some form with our camaras.......

On a lighter note ^_^ I guess we should start deciding on "meeting" times... for the WoG/Magna Carta group... possibly Sunday? Saturday seems to be the most chaotic.. so maybe Friday/Sunday?

Ihrie
09-08-2003, 11:45 PM
I'm going with....

Setzer
Yuki (possibly)
Kamui (probably)
KH Tidus (probably)

Setzer will be on saturday, Kamui , probably friday, maybe Yuki Sohma early friday morning, and KH Tidus probably on sunday.

CrossScar
09-09-2003, 06:07 AM
If you wear Kenshin... I must warn you. I AM a rabid Kenshin fangirl... so it's likely my friends and I will molest you in some form with our camaras.......

*lol* Eeeeep!! ^^

Carmila
09-09-2003, 07:21 AM
Ok, here is my list:

Kurumi (steel angel kurumi, manga)
"Samurai" Kimono (y'all will just have to see it, though I hope it works out!)
PopStar Rikku (FFX-2 (we need a Rikku group shot!)
Carmila (VHD:B (that is, if I can finish it this weekend and the wig gets here on time!)

Himemiya
09-09-2003, 11:19 AM
My costumes:

Friday: Battle Royale
Karaoke: SALT5
Saturday: White Mage
Karaoke / dance: ZYX (look for a girl in white and red with lots of bling, yo.
Sunday: Either Misha from Pita-ten, or random EGL ness... Relena ain't happening.

Masami
09-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Carmila- When are you wearing your Rikku? One of my group's members, Rachel, is wearing X-2 Rikku on Saturday to the cosplay.com shoot, contest, etc.

And since no one has had any objections, I believe the cosplay.com shoot wil be @ noon, at the grand staircase?? Where ever the HECK that is.. LOL!

*remembers to hunt down CrossScar that weekend*

^______^

Carmila
09-10-2003, 07:17 AM
You can't really miss the staircase. I mean it is right there in the Galleria!

Actually, I think I will wear Rikku Friday Afternoon/evening. I am wearing Kurumi on Sat as well as Carmila.

Link Arroway
09-10-2003, 09:58 AM
I'm trying to go :D If I do it might just be more random than me going to Otakon was ^_^ I had a month or prepare for that one, or so, I just put it off til like an hour before I was going to leave or so. Depends on my parents, since I can't yet drive ;_;

Masami
09-17-2003, 01:01 AM
Has anyone heard anything of the AWA staff's big photo shoot of "all" cosplayers? Is it still around 1pm, Sat.?

SanKitty
09-17-2003, 05:12 PM
Saturday im dressing up as Mew Ichigo with a tokyo mew mew Group! :heart:

AniMajor
09-17-2003, 07:26 PM
I'm going to be Suu from Clover and Kurai from Angel Sanctuary.

Dia
09-17-2003, 08:42 PM
Oh, even more Suus ^_^ Which outfit?

Himemiya
09-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Has anyone heard anything of the AWA staff's big photo shoot of "all" cosplayers? Is it still around 1pm, Sat.?

Noon on saturday, at the big staircase (noooo idea where that is x.x)
I made a thread about it on this forum ^^

Carmila
09-18-2003, 07:23 AM
Well, it seems that the big AWA photoshoot is going to be noon on Sat, so we need to change our time!

Skullez
09-18-2003, 05:27 PM
im suu from clover, a ghost from fatal frame and i dono what im gona do sunday.

but i have a art table so yep, you wana say hi to me go ahead i dont bite.

AniMajor
09-19-2003, 10:40 PM
Oh, even more Suus ^_^ Which outfit?

Kinda a combination thing. You'll know what I mean when you see it. I wonder if Suu will be the next Chii...

Maybe the Suus should get together or something.

Nightmare
09-20-2003, 03:42 AM
Well, if I can get a hold of the one we call Schu, then I'll be going as the male assassin from IRO. My good fried Cy on here will be going as the male priest, and we have a couple others going as a swordsman and a hunter... We'll all be doing this on Saturday. If I get my costume in time(crosses fingers), you can find me by looking for large katars in a backpack or on my hands (depends on when you catch me). Well, I must be getting some sleep, so I am off to beeeddddddd

Ihrie
09-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Okay...I've finalized my list...less than a week before the con >.> errrrrrrrrr.......

Friday - during the day KH Tidus, and at night Kamui (maybe I'll go to the ball -_-;; MAYBE)

Saturday - during the day and the costume contest, Amano Setzer, and at night Spence from the Resident Evil movie

Sunday - Bakura for the Yugioh group *bOuNcEs*

Golgo M.
09-21-2003, 10:08 AM
Was considering going down in my Naruto jounin vest and seeing if I could get a quick Gai-sensei get-up done...but I will likely be busy most of the con.

Dia
09-21-2003, 01:56 PM
I'll be wearing my Suu from last year with new, smaller wings and a few slight updates on Friday night, if any of the other Suus will be out and about. I'd love to get pictures. (I'll have a Lan with me, too, and I may be able to get my friend Khet Tcheba to bring one of her Oruha costumes)

Ihrie - are you and Elle entering the contest as a pair, or separately? If you don't mind my asking, of course.

Masami
09-21-2003, 10:24 PM
Well the big cosplay photo is at noon ;-; Poo on a stick! Do you guys still want to have the cosplay.com shoot? Maybe after it, around 12:30/1pm. Someone could bring a sign that says, "cosplay.com" ... that way we could make out the difference between the cosplay.com and AWA cosplay shoots ^_^