PDA

View Full Version : is this good enough for a Rennaisance Faire?

lunasreincarnat
09-06-2003, 12:16 PM
hey im going to my 1st renn faire and im not excatly sure in what to wear. i have this red dressi wore to my 12th grade home coming and im not sure if its good enough or not. ill be wearing a black hooded cape with this dress... so my question is... is it good enough to wear to the renn faire?

p.s i hate this photo but its the only one i had of the dress.

KIL78
09-11-2003, 10:13 PM
lets see at the last renfair (md) I was at I saw a paper mache ork, a star trek guy, a couple random goths and alot of lotr people, in short the dress does not look period but who gives a rats ass wear it and have a good time

BlueLady
09-11-2003, 11:20 PM
anything is good enough to wear. My first costume SUCKED but I still had a blast! Thats the point, go have fun. Faires come around several times a year, theres always time to upgrade

Chaos o^.^o
09-17-2003, 10:02 AM
Looks good to me, I say go with it.

BountyBebopLuva
09-17-2003, 09:25 PM
That's such a pretty dress! You should wear it!

BayushiKachiko
09-21-2003, 02:59 AM
It is a very lovely dress!

I would suggest maybe adding a cloak to it, depending on how the weather is going to be, and wearing sandles or plain black NON-combat style boots--again, depending on when and where this faire is. (don't want to be running around with sandals in cold or rainy weather...and don't want to muck up nice boots).

Also, a simple flower wreath and/or ribbons worn with your hair down really adds a medieval/ renn flair and costs next to nothing.

Depending on how "put together" you want everything to look, also wear little jewelry, at least around the neck, unless it's something old or natural looking. A simple string of garnets (or crimson glass beads) or pearls would work well with that particular gown. =)

touma
09-29-2003, 02:06 PM
Im glad someone made this thread because i wanted to go in my princess serenity costume and was afraid i wouldn't fit in now i think i'll wear it

ACXchan
09-29-2003, 08:05 PM
To add on to what everyone else has already said, if you're planning to be in character while at the faire you'll probably want to take on a middle class maiden persona. The dress you're wearing would not have been accessible by peasants XD