PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for 2004 Clubhouse???

number18
09-07-2003, 10:08 AM
(Pardon this nebulous post...)

Well, last year we had the cosplay.com clubhouse meeting and it was nice and fun to meet everyone. We had a whole two hours to socialize. Hikura brought some of his unwanted stuff for a clubhouse raffle. Studmaster kind of emcee'd the whole thing. We took a lot of pics of ourselves and overall it was quite enjoyable.

Lafiel mentioned in a non-AB thread that we should think up some activities for this year's clubhouse...like twister! J/k. :D But that did get me thinking...maybe we should have some sort of "group activity" for fun. Not quite sure what. Something not crazy, though, cause we don't wanna mess up costumes.

I'm guessing the people that show up this year might be more this year, too, and maybe we would have to try and get a different room for a clubhouse so everyone gets a seat (considering there'd be props and stuff and maybe another sweet bag of cookies that will be occupying other areas).

But anyways, I've got a couple of silly ideas in my head for things to do. Like perhaps we could have a guessing game for who is who on the boards...as in, guess what my handle is on cosplay.com and get the little snack prize I brought! And so everyone would bring a little food treat and whoever guessed their handle correctly when they showed up would get the snack prize brought. BUT, obviously there are some holes in that seeing as I'm already familiar with the lot of you...

I dunno...just throwing some ideas out there. We have 6 months before the con and all...

Priss
09-09-2003, 03:03 AM
:wave: uh uh , I'll be there I can bring some goodies too for everyone.

number18
09-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Nice. ^_^

I keep wanting to suggest a mini-picnic on the park next to the convention hotel, but I keep forgetting that it will be cold, New England April! :eeek:

hikura
09-09-2003, 10:08 PM
Maybe just maybe this work.I know it is a long shot and everything but hey why not.Since a certain person here on cosplay.com is the vice chair of animeboston(patrickd) maybe we could convince him to let us use a panel room for an hour or two and have some fun.I know this is an impossiblity due to the con is a larger con and everything but hey you never know lol.But i will bring some more prizes like i did this year.Might do a special prize pack for one lucky attende.Like a pocky prize pack or something like that.

number18
09-09-2003, 10:37 PM
Maybe just maybe this work.I know it is a long shot and everything but hey why not.Since a certain person here on cosplay.com is the vice chair of animeboston(patrickd) maybe we could convince him to let us use a panel room for an hour or two and have some fun.I know this is an impossiblity due to the con is a larger con and everything but hey you never know lol.But i will bring some more prizes like i did this year.Might do a special prize pack for one lucky attende.Like a pocky prize pack or something like that.

Interesting idea...

I like it!

Although I just remembered that I will be #18 - crack investigative reporter! for the duration of Anime Boston 04 (I'm on a new newsletter team), so I hope I'll be able to go for a bit. ^^

PatrickD
09-10-2003, 11:57 AM
Maybe just maybe this work.I know it is a long shot and everything but hey why not.Since a certain person here on cosplay.com is the vice chair of animeboston(patrickd) maybe we could convince him to let us use a panel room for an hour or two and have some fun.

Why use a panel room? What's wrong with The Clubhouse? That's what it's for!

hikura
09-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Just a very romote idea patrickd.It is just that the clubhouse was small and there was loads of cosplay.com members there.Plus i know it is an imposiblity to get one of the panel rooms.Plus it was kinda of joke that maybe could bribe you perhaps lmao.

PatrickD
09-10-2003, 03:16 PM
Just a very romote idea patrickd.It is just that the clubhouse was small and there was loads of cosplay.com members there.Plus i know it is an imposiblity to get one of the panel rooms.Plus it was kinda of joke that maybe could bribe you perhaps lmao.

FYI: The Clubhouse won't be in the same room in 2004. It's a bit bigger now.

http://www.animeboston.com/location/hotelmap.html
(The map's not to scale and room locations are subject to change.)

Koumori
09-10-2003, 03:21 PM
I agree.. a room is a room, and people who might be interested will find us much more easily in the regular Clubhouse anyway.

Sweet~Pea
09-10-2003, 03:32 PM
I agree with Koumori on that. The club house should be a fine size and it will be easier to locate then going to a special location. oh and I think #18's guessing game is an interesting idea :)

I can't wait til AB04, I didn't know any of you guys back then and I'm sad I hadn't heard of the cosplay.com gatherings or the clubhouse last year I would have gone and meet everybody :japan:
-Christa

X Kamui
09-10-2003, 04:37 PM
Awsome, the club house sounds fun ^__^ count me in, would bringn food be a bad idea? i rember ast year all they had was 2 lousy soda machines and a snack machine XD

number18
09-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Ooh clubhouse in a new room sounds fine and dandy. ^_^

Yeah, I actually don't think the guessing game would be much fun (for the aforementioned reasons)...unless we were all like, standing at the door ready to shout out a name of the next incoming person. And that's kinda scary. I'll try and think of something better...

GUTS POSE!
(little Tokyo! reference for ya. :D)

PatrickD
09-10-2003, 06:13 PM
Awsome, the club house sounds fun ^__^ count me in, would bringn food be a bad idea? i rember ast year all they had was 2 lousy soda machines and a snack machine XD

*official voice on*
Unfortunately, the hotel (and most hotels for that matter) won't allow food in their function rooms unless THEY supply it. :(
*official voice off*

...of course, it's not like the hotel employees will be waiting outside the door to stop you. ;)

X Kamui
09-10-2003, 08:39 PM
i had a feeling that would be a problem, eh eh eh, maybe il just have to work some majic ;)

hikura
09-10-2003, 10:19 PM
Ok since this idea has popped up might as well ask.What would be a good time for everyone to get together?I know it is early to ask and the con is roughly 6 and half months away but we should an idea and then one of us should get the room reserved for us.I will volunteer for reserving the room for us.Setting up the time and everything.I will be the unoffical voice for us.Scary as it seems lol.Just starting posting ideas and times for the clubhouse.The two prizes i will give away that i am thinking of giving away is(for the raffle) two special gifts.I will give away a collection of old japanese newtypes and a ultimate pocky collection.I will try to get a box of each type of pocky that i can get my hands on.This will also include a variety of pretz also.I might have an extra dvd or two also to give away.

Lafiel
09-10-2003, 10:50 PM
This time I will be bringing the prizes I forgot to bring, A couple dvds and what not (not the HK ones though.. I know you all will be disappointed ^^) . Also maybe pick up some cute trinkets before the con. But besides that I think some silly getting to know you games might be a good idea. What are some camp games that you remember?

Of course alot of the time was taken up by people taking pictures.

PatrickD
09-10-2003, 11:59 PM
Ok since this idea has popped up might as well ask.What would be a good time for everyone to get together?I know it is early to ask and the con is roughly 6 and half months away but we should an idea and then one of us should get the room reserved for us.

No hurry. The Clubhouse reservation form won't be online until 2004...probably January. Maybe February. Why? Well, if we turned it on this early, then we'd need to spend a lot of time making changes to people's reservations later when they decide they don't want the clubhouse, want a different time/day, etc. Even then, we wouldn't be able to assemble a schedule until later and people would just get upset that we wouldn't be able to tell if we can fit their club or group into the requested time right away.

...so we're holding off until we get closer to the con. Saves the staff some headaches.

There will be plenty of warning before it goes online. When it does, I expect to see a mad dash as people request times. We'll try to accomodate all clubs' and groups' requests as fairly as possible.

...and how come my signature shows up sometimes and doesn't other times? (I have the checkbox checked here. It SHOULD show up, right?)

X Kamui
09-11-2003, 10:42 AM
Ok since this idea has popped up might as well ask.What would be a good time for everyone to get together?I know it is early to ask and the con is roughly 6 and half months away but we should an idea and then one of us should get the room reserved for us.I will volunteer for reserving the room for us.Setting up the time and everything.I will be the unoffical voice for us.Scary as it seems lol.Just starting posting ideas and times for the clubhouse.The two prizes i will give away that i am thinking of giving away is(for the raffle) two special gifts.I will give away a collection of old japanese newtypes and a ultimate pocky collection.I will try to get a box of each type of pocky that i can get my hands on.This will also include a variety of pretz also.I might have an extra dvd or two also to give away.

::drools:: ultimate pocky package... :drunk:

Koumori
09-11-2003, 12:13 PM
I don't know what I'm going to be doing tomorrow, much less next April.

hikura
09-11-2003, 04:57 PM
No hurry. The Clubhouse reservation form won't be online until 2004...probably January. Maybe February. Why? Well, if we turned it on this early, then we'd need to spend a lot of time making changes to people's reservations later when they decide they don't want the clubhouse, want a different time/day, etc. Even then, we wouldn't be able to assemble a schedule until later and people would just get upset that we wouldn't be able to tell if we can fit their club or group into the requested time right away.

...so we're holding off until we get closer to the con. Saves the staff some headaches.

There will be plenty of warning before it goes online. When it does, I expect to see a mad dash as people request times. We'll try to accomodate all clubs' and groups' requests as fairly as possible.

...and how come my signature shows up sometimes and doesn't other times? (I have the checkbox checked here. It SHOULD show up, right?)
Yes your signature does show up patrick.
I am just been to so many big cons..mainly gaming cons..that i tend to plan things ahead of time.It is just how i am.I understand about waiting to a later time to set up for the clubhouse times.
Lafiel you better yoru prizes for this con or else you will be our whipping boy.Lmao.