PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter Tri

Syntax Error
03-31-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm sure there will be some cosplays of this at Otakon this year. Is anyone going to be getting this game?

Foos
04-01-2010, 11:37 PM
I've played the demo. The costumes are freaking INSANE compared to Freedom/Unite and previous stuff. I've been collecting art for it, and I will be seriously impressed if anyone can pull off this stuff. All that I've seen has been beyond my skill level ;___; I'll be getting MH3 when it releases on the PSP next year, but as for Tri, I'll just be playing my friend's from time to time because I hate that console so much.

Karitsa
04-05-2010, 08:04 PM
YES! Can't wait for it to come out. We're planning a Monster Hunter Tri group for next year, actually. If all goes according to plan, I'll be cosplaying as a huntress in Qurupeco blademaster armor. It's my all-time favorite Monster Hunter armor! I've only seen one cosplay done of it so far, so hopefully it doesn't get overly popular. *coughKirincough*

My boyfriend is shooting for the Coliseum blademaster set, both in-game and in-cosplay. We've got a lot of work ahead of us, but it'll be so fun if it works out! We're hoping to make some nice props too. No, not weapons. STEAK!

Mmm~ Looks tasty!

Foos
04-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Karitsa> That's so awesome! It's a shame you are up in Canada! :\ Monster Hunter cosplay is still rare in the US, and virtually nonexistent in my part of the country. I look forward to seeing your progress and final results. Crazy Tri costumes are CRAZY!

Karitsa
04-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Thanks! Well, Monster Hunter cosplay is pretty rare here too. I've only ever seen two Monster Hunter cosplays in-person (Kirin and Guild Knight). The Qurupeco cosplay I saw was online. I'm secretly jealous of her, but cosplays like that make me work even harder on my own! It's good motivation.

I won't be able to officially start working on my Monster Hunter cosplay until June (at the earliest) since I've got my hands full right now finishing up my cosplays for Anime North next month. I did order some free fur swatches today though! I could post some pics when they arrive, if you'd like. :)

Foos
04-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Thanks! Well, Monster Hunter cosplay is pretty rare here too. I've only ever seen two Monster Hunter cosplays in-person (Kirin and Guild Knight). The Qurupeco cosplay I saw was online. I'm secretly jealous of her, but cosplays like that make me work even harder on my own! It's good motivation.

I won't be able to officially start working on my Monster Hunter cosplay until June (at the earliest) since I've got my hands full right now finishing up my cosplays for Anime North next month. I did order some free fur swatches today though! I could post some pics when they arrive, if you'd like. :)

I would absolutely love to see photos and stuff! I'm having a hard time finding art online for Tri. My usual websites have little to no new armor scans up, so I might break down and buy an artbook from Japan. I haven't seen much from the game, but I'll poke around and see if there isn't something I find do-able.

Oh, man. There is so much intimidatingly awesome Monster Hunter cosplay in Japan, but it's actually kinda cool to be able to see how someone translated it into real life. Definitely helps me out.

Karitsa
04-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Artbook? Jealous~ XD
Scan some Qurupeco art for me? I'll love you forever. <3
I'm absolutely obsessed with it. I like it better than every other armor set released to date. I can't wait to make this a reality! Tri armor is insanely awesome.

I agree. I've seen some pretty amazing cosplays. Have you seen the Rathalos girl here on Cosplay.com? It's like she killed a real one. Stunning. O_O

I'm bored with seeing Kirin armor though. I used to like it, but it's gotten way too out of hand. I hope Qurupeco doesn't become popular. *clings*