PDA

View Full Version : Hakumen of Blazblue (First Cosplay)

Chozo003
04-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Hey everybody. I've just recently decided to get into cosplaying because I've been going to so many cons lately (just came back from PAX East 2010 in Boston), and I've been pretty inspired. For my first cosplay I'd like to do Hakumen, from BlazBlue:

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/blaz-blue-haku-men-character-artwork-big.jpg

I'm aware that it's a fairly complicated undertaking for somebody new to cosplaying, but I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to achieve success, being an avid art student and somebody who's been crafting everything imaginable out of anything I could get my hands on since I was very young. Aside from being a character I admire very much, I have a fairly appropriate body type for him (I stand at about 6'2", muscular build).

So being new to this entire thing, I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on how to start. I have literally no idea where to begin, and all I really know at this point is that I'd like to try using sintra for the armor unless somebody can suggest something better. Seems like it would fit the armor Hakumen wears, and I'm a stickler for detail (I don't want to use floppy pleather material or anything like that >_<). Thanks in advance! =)

ametheneko
04-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Well, I'm not sure if this helps at all, but here's a thread reguarding Hakumen's wig. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=205192&highlight=hakumen

As for his outfit, I feel like you could start with a black zentai suit or a muscle shirt and add some armour on to that. The black part of his pants could probably be scavenged from a genie costume or something.

For the armour, there's a substance known as Wonderflex that I was looking into a while ago for Zero's helmet from Code Geass. http://www.dazian.com/html/wonderflex.html I'm not sure if you could use that, but it looks plyable enough. If not that, I would suggest looking into what Alphonse Elric cosplayers use to create their armour. I know this particular cosplayer works with fiberglass. http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking.html .

It's very brave of you to take on a character like Hakumen for your first cosplay. I wish you much luck and I look forward to seeing the final project! My group was going to do Blazblue a while ago, but we haven't gotten the chance.

ChilmarkGryphon
04-07-2010, 11:10 AM
I've been thinking about Hakumen cosplay for a friend XD
I can see a lot of things wrong with doing his armor in rigid materials. For one, the thigh armor. If you make the thigh armor rigid you're going to be lumbering around bowlegged the whole con. If you make the ab armor rigid, you're not going to be able to bend your torso. If you make the foot armor rigid, you're not going to be able to flex your foot behind 90 degrees. If you make the pauldrons rigid, you're going to stab yourself in the clavicle when you swing your arms forward (voice of experience speaking here T__T).
Pretty much the only place where you could use rigid materials without discomfort is the helmet, and the toe-claws. I'd go with vinyl over foam; here's (http://gaogaygar.fc2web.com/EnglishMake01.htm) a good (albeit Engrish-y) kind-of-a-guide. The foam he's using is like camping mat; it can be bevelled and angled using a serrated knife, like a steak/bread knife. You can use the vinyl by itself for the vambraces/tops of feet/pants/etc.

For a starting point, I'd say buy a zentai, one with hands/feet and a partial hood. Zentai are like the arming doublets of cosplay armor, but with velcro instead of laces and buckles. Ask the Riku (Kingdom Hearts 1) cosplayers about making pants that shape.

Kiarrens
04-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Wow, ambitious for a first cosplay. :) Good luck, one of these days I'd love to do Hakumen as well.

Chozo003
04-12-2010, 11:15 PM
It's very brave of you to take on a character like Hakumen for your first cosplay. I wish you much luck and I look forward to seeing the final project! My group was going to do Blazblue a while ago, but we haven't gotten the chance.
Wow, ambitious for a first cosplay. :) Good luck, one of these days I'd love to do Hakumen as well.
Thanks for the support; it might be tough but I'm fairly certain I'll be able to pull through this project if I just find a way to dedicate enough time. I just got back from wrestling nationals, so that's done with now and I should have quite a bit more free time to work with. Hopefully nothing unexpected comes up.

As for his outfit, I feel like you could start with a black zentai suit or a muscle shirt and add some armour on to that.
For a starting point, I'd say buy a zentai, one with hands/feet and a partial hood. Zentai are like the arming doublets of cosplay armor, but with velcro instead of laces and buckles.
Alright, that sounds like a great place to start. My only concern is the fact that all of the results I'm getting on eBay are metallic and made of spandex. Is there any particular kind of material I should be looking for, like something that would breathe well so that I don't die of heatstroke?

The black part of his pants could probably be scavenged from a genie costume or something.
Ask the Riku (Kingdom Hearts 1) cosplayers about making pants that shape.
I'll keep my eyes out for genie pants, but could anybody point me out to some Riku cosplayers who'd be willing to help me out? I'll look around in the Kingdom Hearts forums, but being new I still don't really know who in particular might be good people to ask.

Well, I'm not sure if this helps at all, but here's a thread reguarding Hakumen's wig. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=205192&highlight=hakumen
Yeah, I was looking at that too and I saw the comments regarding his wig on the BlazBlue cosplay thread. I'd really rather not buy three expensive wigs, but if I must then I must. Why not just buy the XL Punky though, and maybe add some extensions? Can anybody offer some advice on this? I'll ask in that thread, as well.

For the armour, there's a substance known as Wonderflex that I was looking into a while ago for Zero's helmet from Code Geass. http://www.dazian.com/html/wonderflex.html I'm not sure if you could use that, but it looks plyable enough. If not that, I would suggest looking into what Alphonse Elric cosplayers use to create their armour. I know this particular cosplayer works with fiberglass. http://amethyst-angel.com/armormaking.html .
I'll look into that, it was one of my original thoughts. Could work well, but might lead to some cost issues... I'll just need to look into it more, I guess.

I can see a lot of things wrong with doing his armor in rigid materials. For one, the thigh armor. If you make the thigh armor rigid you're going to be lumbering around bowlegged the whole con. If you make the ab armor rigid, you're not going to be able to bend your torso. If you make the foot armor rigid, you're not going to be able to flex your foot behind 90 degrees. If you make the pauldrons rigid, you're going to stab yourself in the clavicle when you swing your arms forward (voice of experience speaking here T__T). Pretty much the only place where you could use rigid materials without discomfort is the helmet, and the toe-claws.
Yeah, I can see that causing problems as well... Helmet fine, I can indeed do that out of solid material. Even the shoulders and rest of the arms, maybe, since I can hinge them loosely by the joints allowing them to move more freely. But yeah...

I'd go with vinyl over foam; here's (http://gaogaygar.fc2web.com/EnglishMake01.htm) a good (albeit Engrish-y) kind-of-a-guide. The foam he's using is like camping mat; it can be bevelled and angled using a serrated knife, like a steak/bread knife. You can use the vinyl by itself for the vambraces/tops of feet/pants/etc.
Thanks a lot for posting that guide, I had been skimming through it earlier (along with a dozen others) and didn't know if it would offer what I was looking for. Seems like the ideal solution though, my only questions are these: how solid is it (as in, will it break), and what kind of a vinyl are we talking about here (where can I get it, etc.)?

ChilmarkGryphon
04-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Is there any particular kind of material I should be looking for, like something that would breathe well so that I don't die of heatstroke?
Zentai/leotards are pretty much all made of spandex. So they'll be slightly shiny, even if they're not metallic. Milanoo (http://www.milanoo.com/Black-Lycra-Spandex-Unisex-Zentai-Suit-p2925.html) sells plain black zentai. They're not particularly warm, especially inside an airconditioned convention center. If you're roasting to death, it's going to be because of the armor, not the zentai ^^;

How solid is it (as in, will it break), and what kind of a vinyl are we talking about here (where can I get it, etc.)?
It won't break, because it's flexible. It'll just bend and spring back into shape. If you look for vinyl at JoAnn's, you're more likely to find upholstery vinyl than garment-weight vinyl. You want something with more give, like stretch pleather (http://spandexhouse.com/products.asp?id=47&pname=Stretch%20Pleather) or stretch vinyl (http://spandexhouse.com/products.asp?id=51&pname=Stretch%20Vinyl). The former is matte/satin and has a thicker backing, the latter is shiny and very thin. The thicker stuff will show less foam texture underneath. I did some prototype Claymore pauldrons with SH's vinyl over camping mat foam, and you could sort of see the texture underneath :/

Chozo003
04-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Zentai/leotards are pretty much all made of spandex. So they'll be slightly shiny, even if they're not metallic. Milanoo (http://www.milanoo.com/Black-Lycra-Spandex-Unisex-Zentai-Suit-p2925.html) sells plain black zentai. They're not particularly warm, especially inside an airconditioned convention center. If you're roasting to death, it's going to be because of the armor, not the zentai ^^;
Alright thanks. Maybe one day if I ever become a master cosplayer I'll be able to install a ventilation system in the armor, lol. XD

Edit: I found a suit made of cotton on eBay (here (http://cgi.ebay.ca/zentai-lycra-Catsuit-fullboby-BLACK-cotton-A026_W0QQitemZ250455465779QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3a504f1f33)), yay! Cotton should breathe better than spandex, and it's a reasonable price for the entire suit (about $30-35) after shipping. I have a question about using a full zentai, though... wouldn't it be easier to build the costume in two pieces (upper body, lower body)? Or is one piece better because everything is connected. I'm curious because it seems like it would be difficult to get in and out of a one-piece costume, and equally difficult to hide the seam/s where I get into it.

2nd Edit: Reposting this in a seperate thread, since it seems like a seperate issue.

It won't break, because it's flexible. It'll just bend and spring back into shape. If you look for vinyl at JoAnn's, you're more likely to find upholstery vinyl than garment-weight vinyl. You want something with more give, like stretch pleather (http://spandexhouse.com/products.asp?id=47&pname=Stretch%20Pleather) or stretch vinyl (http://spandexhouse.com/products.asp?id=51&pname=Stretch%20Vinyl). The former is matte/satin and has a thicker backing, the latter is shiny and very thin. The thicker stuff will show less foam texture underneath. I did some prototype Claymore pauldrons with SH's vinyl over camping mat foam, and you could sort of see the texture underneath :/
Stretch pleather sounds like exactly what I want. Originally I wanted to avoid pleather since I didn't want a glossy look to it, but matted sounds perfect; with support from the foam it should work out great. Thanks for the suggestion. Now, I have a couple questions from here:

Firstly, how much does the pleather cost? The site gives me a price per yard, which I recognize as being roughly a meter (Canadian), but how wide is it and how much do you suspect I'd need in total?

Secondly, what kind of foam are you talking about? I build foam weapons for casual (freestyle) martial arts practice with my friends, so I know about the differences between closed-cell and open-cell foam. Camping pads are closed cell, however I've been having no luck finding camping pads around my area in places like Wal-Mart, since apparently they don't sell them there anymore. Would I need something thicker than that, or should I go hunting for camping pads around town (stack them)?

Raker
06-25-2010, 02:23 PM
I am also starting work on a Hakumen costume right now. Here's some ideas I've been working on:

For all the armor pieces such as the facemask and shoulder pieces, I'm going to cast them out of some sort of resin or heavy duty plastic. (It's gonna take quite a bit of experimentation of course...I think the plastic might form bubbles in it as it's being melted down.) Somebody mentioned rigid materials preventing full movement...but I'm looking at a pic of Hakumen right now and I think I might be able to split some of those pieces into several, and then use a thin flexible material to hold them together. Once that's in place, I'll just smooth the edges, spray it all white, and apply a sealant to it. That way it'll bend in certain places but it will still look rigid, and appear to be one piece.

Obviously, with this method I won't be able to see through the facemask. So I found these nice "wireless video glasses" by Zetronix. These glasses will be connected to a very small video camera mounted and concealed on the head of the costume somewhere.

In addition to this, I'll have a voice changing headset inside the facemask, with external speakers on the costume. I'm hoping I'll be able to find a voice changer that sounds like Hakumen, but I guess anything semi-robotic sounding will do. "I AM HAKUMEN!! THE END HAS COME!!"

Breathable black spandex-type material for upper torso, with foam muscular padding underneath to give it that "Ripped" look.

I'm sure the pants won't be too much of a problem. If I can't find something online, I'll just find a fabric sewing shop that can't make it custom.

As for the sword and the wig, I still haven't decided what I'm gonna do for those yet.

Raker
06-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Alright folks, check this out.

I found a 60" blonde wig at this website:

http://www.costumeandpropshop.com/detail/RB-50708/_Lady_Godiva_Wig.html

Yes, it's a female wig and it looks gay, but that's an easy fix.

1.) Use a bathtub to bleach all the color out of the wig. I believe the wig is synthetic, so bleaching might not work...I don't know. I've already ordered it though so I'll let everybody know how it goes.

Just discovered that bleaching DOES NOT work and could ruin the synthetic fiber. *Facepalm* I did however, find a place where you can order it in the white color. Amphigory.com

2.) Seperate the bang area of the wig into small individual sections of hair and use rubber bands to keep the sections seperated. These are going to be the short spikes of hair that come out behind the facemask. Cut all the excess hair from these off so that they are fairly short. Make some of the sections longer than others. Hakumen's hair varies in length all the way down.

3.) Continue cutting the hair at the sides, the ultimate objective being to get all the hair to come to a point at the bottom.

4.) Once it's in the basic shape you want it, it's still going to be in individual strands all over the place. Hakumen doesn't have what I would consider "dreads", but sections of his hair do stick together. To give it this look, hair wax would most likely be the best method. (You can get it at most grocery stores.) Just continue applying light layers of wax to large sections of hair until you have the desired look and hold. Not too much or it's gonna weigh it down. (If you do happen to use too much, warm water will thin it out.)

Now, this next part is completely over the top, probably wont work, and is just a crazy idea I have...

There is a material called Nitinol 'Muscle' Wire, that contracts with significant force when an electric current is applied to it. These thin strands can lift thousands of times their own weight. If they could be interlaced with the hair, you could make the hair move at the touch of a button. The activation temperature for this effect is 158 degrees F, so the metal strands would have to be coated with some sort of heat absorbing material in order to keep from damaging the hair. Is this possible? I don't know...but for those interested, here's the link:

http://unitednuclear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_42&products_id=369

Raker
06-29-2010, 12:30 PM
If heat is an issue, here are some thin cooling pads that last for 4 hours. Just charge them in the freezer and place them under your costume wherever you need them. Set of 4: $35

http://www.climatechsafety.com/Inserts.html

Raker
06-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Torso: Carve custom "muscles" from a sleeping pad (used for camping), then glue to a black T-shirt. Wear black zentai suit (as ametheneko suggested) over this. Muscles will show through. Glue fake white fingernails to the tips of all the fingers on the Zentai suit, and sharpen them to points.

Legs: "Samurai Tobi pants" and Tabi boots without a toe split seem to be the best option for the legs. Shouldn't be too difficult to attach some hard plastic talons to the toes.

Sword: 60" long, 1" wide fiberglass core, encased in closed cell foam cut from camping mat. Keep in mind that Hakumen's sword defies the laws of physics. Since it is so much longer than his arm, there's no way he would be able to pull it out of the scabbard from his back, unless he grabbed the blade. If you plan on being able to pull it in and out of a scabbard, you're going to have to either make a 3 sided scabbard, or pull it out by the "blade" part. (Alternatively, it might be possible to cast it from pour foam. It would be more rigid. However, I don't know if this stuff grows when it hardens.) Links for each are below:
Fiberglass cores: www.goodwinds.com

Pour foam: http://www.fiberglasssupply.com/Product_Catalog/Pour_Foam/pour_foam.html

I'm still trying to figure out how to make the armor pieces.

K9nekomata
07-04-2010, 01:58 AM
Power to you White Void, I hope your cosplay goes well. I'm a BlazBlue fan as well so I'm rooting for you.

Chozo003
07-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey Raker. Your PM came at a great time, I'm just starting work again on my costume, and with just under two weeks remaining I've got quite the challenge ahead of me. Also I've got some answers for you regarding the questions you brought up. I'll just address them piece by piece.

For all the armor pieces such as the facemask and shoulder pieces, I'm going to cast them out of some sort of resin or heavy duty plastic. (It's gonna take quite a bit of experimentation of course...I think the plastic might form bubbles in it as it's being melted down.) Somebody mentioned rigid materials preventing full movement...but I'm looking at a pic of Hakumen right now and I think I might be able to split some of those pieces into several, and then use a thin flexible material to hold them together. Once that's in place, I'll just smooth the edges, spray it all white, and apply a sealant to it. That way it'll bend in certain places but it will still look rigid, and appear to be one piece.

I opted to make the "plates" out of a rigid foam covered by pleather (any white cloth would achieve the same general effect, but I found pleather to have the perfect consistency and feel). This is because in the game, you'll notice that his armor looks like stiff material but then it will bend or fold mid-combat. Foam is perfect for achieving this effect. Another reason I opted for this method was because I can't afford to mould plastic lol. However, the helmet I obviously cannot do this for, so I was considering some alternate method.

Obviously, with this method I won't be able to see through the facemask. So I found these nice "wireless video glasses" by Zetronix. These glasses will be connected to a very small video camera mounted and concealed on the head of the costume somewhere.

Interesting, I've been looking for a way to solve this problem haha. Even posted a thread on it just now. I don't have the means to order such a device within two weeks though, so I guess I'll just have to keep on searching.

In addition to this, I'll have a voice changing headset inside the facemask, with external speakers on the costume. I'm hoping I'll be able to find a voice changer that sounds like Hakumen, but I guess anything semi-robotic sounding will do. "I AM HAKUMEN!! THE END HAS COME!!"

Ordered something like this on eBay a few months ago, didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. It's more difficult than you would imagine to find a "robotic voice changer", and I had come to the conclusion that that wasn't what I was looking for anyway after asking some people. What I bought was basically just an amplifier, and it would have worked were it not for the poor quality. The way it's built, I'm not confident that I'll be able to attach it to the inside of my mask and use it without producing static and whatnot. Very hard to position.

Alright folks, check this out.

I found a 60" blonde wig at this website:

http://www.costumeandpropshop.com/detail/RB-50708/_Lady_Godiva_Wig.html

Yes, it's a female wig and it looks gay, but that's an easy fix.

1.) Use a bathtub to bleach all the color out of the wig. I believe the wig is synthetic, so bleaching might not work...I don't know. I've already ordered it though so I'll let everybody know how it goes.

Just discovered that bleaching DOES NOT work and could ruin the synthetic fiber. *Facepalm* I did however, find a place where you can order it in the white color. Amphigory.com

2.) Seperate the bang area of the wig into small individual sections of hair and use rubber bands to keep the sections seperated. These are going to be the short spikes of hair that come out behind the facemask. Cut all the excess hair from these off so that they are fairly short. Make some of the sections longer than others. Hakumen's hair varies in length all the way down.

3.) Continue cutting the hair at the sides, the ultimate objective being to get all the hair to come to a point at the bottom.

4.) Once it's in the basic shape you want it, it's still going to be in individual strands all over the place. Hakumen doesn't have what I would consider "dreads", but sections of his hair do stick together. To give it this look, hair wax would most likely be the best method. (You can get it at most grocery stores.) Just continue applying light layers of wax to large sections of hair until you have the desired look and hold. Not too much or it's gonna weigh it down. (If you do happen to use too much, warm water will thin it out.)

Hmm. I waited too long on my wig, and although it may arrive in time if I ordered it now, I don't have the necessary funds in PayPal and it'll take upwards of 10 days to get it transferred from my bank. Sucks, because I have the cash in-hand and can't use it. QQ

I was looking at this wig: http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16459&cat=2471&page=1

Or possibly this longer version: http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=16463&cat=2471&page=1

Either way I'd need extensions, but those are also available on the same site. Regardless, I'm probably screwed for the wig unless I can get one of my friends to lend me money over PayPal, which is unlikely since I'm pretty sure none of them have it.

Now, this next part is completely over the top, probably wont work, and is just a crazy idea I have...

There is a material called Nitinol 'Muscle' Wire, that contracts with significant force when an electric current is applied to it. These thin strands can lift thousands of times their own weight. If they could be interlaced with the hair, you could make the hair move at the touch of a button. The activation temperature for this effect is 158 degrees F, so the metal strands would have to be coated with some sort of heat absorbing material in order to keep from damaging the hair. Is this possible? I don't know...

Lol, idk if this would be worth it. Cool find though, let me know if you decide to pursue it any further.

If heat is an issue, here are some thin cooling pads that last for 4 hours. Just charge them in the freezer and place them under your costume wherever you need them. Set of 4: $35

http://www.climatechsafety.com/Inserts.html

I would totalle look into those if I had the time (and money available in PayPal). I have a pretty low tolerance for heat, so I'm just going to have to tough it out in my black, heavy costume >_>

Torso: Carve custom "muscles" from a sleeping pad (used for camping), then glue to a black T-shirt. Wear black zentai suit (as ametheneko suggested) over this. Muscles will show through. Glue fake white fingernails to the tips of all the fingers on the Zentai suit, and sharpen them to points.

Might consider doing this; originally I thought I wouldn't need to since I'm pretty toned already, but the way Hakumen's muscles show through just isn't possible with the zentai on top. You'd need something ridiculously tight to show perfect form. Only concern in doing this would be the extra heat.

Legs: "Samurai Tobi pants" and Tabi boots without a toe split seem to be the best option for the legs. Shouldn't be too difficult to attach some hard plastic talons to the toes.

I was actually able to have my mother (seamstress) sew the pants without any difficulty at all, they're pretty simple to make. Tobi pants are pretty much perfect, so yeah do that. Tabi boots without the toes seem like your best option for the feet as well. Depending on what I'm able to find I'll be constructing my boots with either black dress shoes or some kind of soft sneaker as the base. Haven't decided if I'm doing to add on to the shoe itself or do a velcro attachment type thing.

Sword: 60" long, 1" wide fiberglass core, encased in closed cell foam cut from camping mat. Keep in mind that Hakumen's sword defies the laws of physics. Since it is so much longer than his arm, there's no way he would be able to pull it out of the scabbard from his back, unless he grabbed the blade. If you plan on being able to pull it in and out of a scabbard, you're going to have to either make a 3 sided scabbard, or pull it out by the "blade" part. (Alternatively, it might be possible to cast it from pour foam. It would be more rigid. However, I don't know if this stuff grows when it hardens.) Links for each are below:
Fiberglass cores: www.goodwinds.com

Pour foam: http://www.fiberglasssupply.com/Product_Catalog/Pour_Foam/pour_foam.html

I made my sword out of poplar wood, 60" long piece sanded down to look pretty accurate. As soon as a paint it and do the hilt somehow it'll look great. As for the sheath... turns out there's a canon explanation for the way he draws his sword out so smoothly. Check it out:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/Horus003/HakumensNodachi.jpg

See the slit in the sheath? It's meant to let the sword slide out on an angle rather than straight out of the top. If you make the slit long enough you should be able to draw it sort of regularly. Ironically this is one of the first possible solutions I considered when deciding how I was going to make the sheath, so I was pretty pleased that it turned out to be canon, lol. Only thing is that since his sword is so thick the slit will obviously have to be a bit wider than that. Still, a reasonable solution.

I'm still trying to figure out how to make the armor pieces.

I suggest you look into the foam solution that I mentioned earlier. Pretty affordable, and not too hard to do. Basically I used foam camping pads (sold at Wal-Mart and most sporting goods stores). Then you can cut out the shapes, and either sand them or carve them to form the exact shape you need.

Chozo003
07-06-2010, 06:03 AM
Alright so I've done some of the armor by now (lower torso and legs), turned out extremely well. Only issue I have is how visible the seams are in the front, basically there's a thick seam running down the center of the thing right in the front. Not very noticeable from any distance more than like, 5 feet away though. This is one of the things I hope to eventually perfect for next year, since right now I just need to get the whole thing done in time.

Wig is on the way, still have no idea how I'm going to style it. Going to be starting on the arm and shoulder plates soon, still have no idea what I'm doing about the boots and mask. Sword and sheath are coming along.

Will post pictures when I get around to it.

vicKy_kipi
07-08-2010, 03:35 AM
i have been played this game along time ago,I'm a BlazBlue fan as well so I'm rooting for you.
i love Yuna and 1 have any cosplay picture of her.yeah!!!

martyk
07-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Ah, a man after my own heart, first cosplay and already working on complex armor. I myself am currently working on a suit of T-51b Power Armor from Fallout. I wish you the best of luck.

Chozo003
07-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks everybody, suit's going well. I've got most of the torso done, now I just need the shoulder and arms. Then I can move on to the real challenges...

9 days left until the con...

Also, I added a couple of pictures to my profile (link: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2622234/). They're older though, I'll try to get a picture of my finished armor (lower torso) pretty soon.

Chozo003
07-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Updated photos here: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/a213590/

Coming along nicely!