PDA

View Full Version : Starting to freak-out

Medic
09-07-2003, 08:51 PM
Ok I know there’s about 24 days until but is anyone else starting to freak-out about their costume (‘s). I just got this bad feeling that I am not going to get the patch done in time. I still have to work on the shield and helmet and some of the other parts of my costume have not arrived yet. I not sure about anyone else but the days seem to be flying by, I think because I have so much to do. But please don’t tell me I am the only one freaken-out at is early in the game and how do I deal with the stress.

DarkGunner
09-07-2003, 11:09 PM
Gah, I know how your feeling, with school and my job it's way difficult to have any free time to work on my costumes. Its beginning to freak me out. I am determined to get them done, but I dont want them coming out crappy because I rushed. ><

Nadeshiko
09-08-2003, 02:09 AM
It's not so much the costumes, but getting the money.

cactusmomma
09-08-2003, 02:10 AM
i'm just cutting mine out right now! x.x

Moon Prince
09-08-2003, 02:11 AM
I have to make three! @_@ and I have to go to Las Vegas the next two weekends for rehearsals and stuff! I have to find my Reni wig.

Psychotic Jei
09-08-2003, 02:59 AM
I have to make two costumes that arent mine. And finish up my Irvine costume so its all nice and complete. And then....theres voicing....and rehersal for the masq...and prop making.

Mink
09-08-2003, 03:33 AM
Gah! I have 5 costumes to make...four for me and one for my mini bro...moneys an issue too....and I know what you mean Dark Gunner I want my costumes to look good too...actually I have designated the next four weeks "Ryoko" or whatever costume week so that I work on them like 2 hours every night....10 hours on a costume seems about right....And then I will do my brothers on the weekend.

All I can say is THANK GOD I already have the materials...thats half the battle....now I just need to be able to afford the wigs....

cactusmomma
09-08-2003, 03:38 AM
ARGH! mom forgot to give me the ELECTRIC CORD TO THE SEWING MACHINE!><!!!!!!

Eliza
09-08-2003, 12:06 PM
Right now, in this waking moment, I know I'm fine--I have three costumes to finish (one all I need to do is make gloves, a simple belt, and sew some trim on the bootcovers, and the other two consist of shorts and altered flip-flops).

I am constantly having these dreams, though, in the last few months before a con, where I'll have gone and not finished my costumes. In the dream I'll mention to someone, "oh, I'm going to go up and change into chaos now!" and then when I get into my hotel room all that's there are these little orange cutouts for his jacket ^^;;

it's really strange, because I'm putting in an hour of sewing every morning or so, and I have plenty of time to finish ^^;

K_Valentine
09-08-2003, 12:07 PM
Just needs to pack the costumes and get my clearance to attend AM

Rey-Rey
09-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Freak out? It's just an anime convention, for Pete's sake.

Dark Vision
09-08-2003, 03:55 PM
la lalala laaaaaaa la la lala laaaaaa.

*still waiting for costume adrienenlene to kick in*

Beware_UY7
09-08-2003, 05:46 PM
Haha, I'm cool with the costume that I'm working on, it's going fine, and I take cyber-school, so... I just turn up the speaker on my comp and run into the next room and sew... or practice singing, or SAY that I'm practicing, so my voice coach wont eat me. Lalalaalalala... I should go do the singing thing now...

Hm... and money hasn't been too much of a problem, even though I have no job. Child support rocks: I get $100 a month for doing absolutly nothing, and another $40 if I remember to tell my mom to give me my allowance.

I think I might start another costume, but something simple... I wonder what I should do... I dun' wanna buy another wig... rawr... characters with short, dark brown hair... any suggestions?

Rawr. I can't wait, this'll be my first time at this convention.

cactusmomma
09-08-2003, 06:16 PM
it was just kinda frustrating that i had all the stuff ready..and then..no power cord..but i have it now! *gets back to sewing*

and Beware_UY7 love the avatar! chibi beast carrot ROCKS :D

Sana-chan
09-08-2003, 09:48 PM
I still don't know what I want to wear lol I want to wear a lot of stuff, but just can't choose lol. I also wanna make a .... certain FF costume, but I doubt it'd be done in time.

Mink_chan
09-08-2003, 10:17 PM
@_@; yeah with school and trying to study and not fall behind...and still have time for two anime clubs and making costumes...aaieee...
its a little tight.. >_<;;

Maikaerin
09-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Neh, i'm not apart of any anime clubs, but i do have things to take care of...

I hear the school part! I have to do 550 math problems tonight and write and essay and study for my Psych and Bio tests!

School is just too much for me. I've been burried too much in work that i'll only have one costume done for AM. It's not much, but yea. I guess it'll have to do.

Stressed! @_@

Tenshi
09-08-2003, 10:57 PM
I think I'm doing pretty well. I probably have about 5 more hours of work left on Pepper and 2 hours on fixups to Jupiter. Then I have to do a few more fixups to my friend's Tsukasa costume. All in all, about 10 hours of work ^^.

Of course, that doesn't account for the other new costume I'd like to have. The dress won't take me long to do, but I estimate another 15 hours of work just coloring the wig! ;_;

Moon Prince
09-08-2003, 11:24 PM
I need to buy a wig. @_@ I completely forgot about that! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

I need to find my Reni wig... Yes, that very important... Am Reni for Big Revue show.. so having Reni wig very important... @_@

Not yet in state of panic... next week maybe, but not now...

Beware_UY7
09-09-2003, 10:47 AM
Hm, I think I'll start stressing when there's a week left until the con- I know I'll be completly ready, but I'll spaz anyway, and I'll lose a sock or something, and start crying over a sock. (That's happened to me before!)
The only thing that's getting me worried is the fact that my room-buddy/ ride hasn't registered yet... he's supposed to do that today.
And I severely hope that my other buddy is gonna' get her costumes done, and not end up completly broke before the con. I'm supposed to help her sew this weekend.

Catboi Blues
09-09-2003, 01:53 PM
I wish that I could go to the Anime clubs out here, but of course they only seem to meet when I'm at a con. Here's a tip for everyone stressed out right now.

BREATHE

Okay, now that's out of the way don't take things so hard. I have my fair share of costumes to do not only for myself but for others. I have several weeks left before Ani-Magic and I have plenty of time to work on my outfits. Just look at what you have to do and plan out when you are going to work on what outfit. This way you have a feasable schedule lined up for yourself and if you find more time to work on them, all the better.

I'm in college right now(as I'm sure plenty of others are as well) and I still find the time to get my materials and to work on my outfits. Just plot things out and it should help take off the edge. Oh, and ironmanning it right before a con isn't the healthiest thing on earth. This I will attest to. Talk to you all later.