PDA

View Full Version : blazblue hakumen wig

Meta77
04-04-2010, 10:32 PM
anyone know where i could find this wig or a way to find his hair.

Kitsoru
04-04-2010, 10:33 PM
First of all, give a reference image so people know what you're talking about.

For Hakumen, you'd probably want to start with a Punky in a silvery-white for the spiky area around the mask, and then for the actual ponytail, if you want it thick enough you'd have to just incorporate a whole second wig (or two) into the back of the Punky.

Kazukii
04-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Seconded. Like I said in the blazblue thread, a punky then another wig or extensions for the ponytail. :/

Meta77
04-05-2010, 08:27 PM
lol sorry for not listening. i was just trying to get a better understanding. like would i need to combine two wigs, or was it one all together but needed to be made into a pony tail

Meta77
04-05-2010, 08:37 PM
could you post a link am looking but only confussing myself TT_TT

Chozo003
04-12-2010, 11:07 PM
I'd really rather not buy three expensive wigs, but if I must then I must. Why not just buy the XL Punky though, and maybe add some extensions? Is there any reason you should use the small for the top, because it looks like the XL could be styled to nearly the same effect.

Raker
06-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Alright folks, check this out.

I found a 60" blonde wig at this website:

http://www.costumeandpropshop.com/detail/RB-50708/_Lady_Godiva_Wig.html

Yes, it's a female wig and it looks gay, but that's an easy fix.

1.) Use a bathtub to bleach all the color out of the wig. I believe the wig is synthetic, so bleaching might not work...I don't know. I've already ordered it though so I'll let everybody know how it goes.

2.) Seperate the bang area of the wig into small individual sections of hair and use rubber bands to keep the sections seperated. These are going to be the short spikes of hair that come out behind the facemask. Cut all the excess hair from these off so that they are fairly short. Make some of the sections longer than others. Hakumen's hair varies in length all the way down.

3.) Continue cutting the hair at the sides, the ultimate objective being to get all the hair to come to a point at the bottom.

4.) Once it's in the basic shape you want it, it's still going to be in individual strands all over the place. Hakumen doesn't have what I would consider "dreads", but sections of his hair do stick together. To give it this look, hair wax would most likely be the best method. (You can get it at most grocery stores.) Just continue applying light layers of wax to large sections of hair until you have the desired look and hold. Not too much or it's gonna weigh it down. (If you do happen to use too much, warm water will thin it out.)

Now, this next part is completely over the top, probably wont work, and is just a crazy idea I have...

There is a material called Nitinol 'Muscle' Wire, that contracts with significant force when an electric current is applied to it. These thin strands can lift thousands of times their own weight. If they could be interlaced with the hair, you could make the hair move at the touch of a button. The activation temperature for this effect is 158 degrees F, so the metal strands would have to be coated with some sort of heat absorbing material in order to keep from damaging the hair. Is this possible? I don't know...but for those interested, here's the link:

http://unitednuclear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_42&products_id=369