ok this is the panic tread

are you done ?? suuurely not this is hthe panic room ^^

will you enter in many maskerade??

hey costume con people let us know more stuff its the last month comme on ^^
its the last minute post

is there anithing you wanna plan ?? like room party or just get togetter
post it here^^

need friend in a room your at the right place

need a manequin to wear your dress or just a friend to be in the maskerade with you well its the last minute tread go ahead and get lucky ^^

nya!! just soo cool i miss ya all ^^
just can<t wait but iam such panic time haha hug!!

trixyloupwolf
04-05-2010, 07:05 PM
room people: were only 3 in our room ^^
need one person if any availlable ^^

were 2 girl and a guy ^^(no pervert please iam too young ^^lol)

CapsuleCorp
04-05-2010, 10:10 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

*deep breath*

Okay now that I got that out of my system. :D

I am entering final-month panic. But considering last year I build a costume in 6 weeks from the ground up, and I already have a majority of my SF&F competition piece done, I should be able to finish in time. SHOULD. The wings are daunting me. I have no idea how to do the mechanism. There's so many little things that need to get done here and there that I'm just going AAAAAAAGGHHHH!!!!!! *flail*

And I need STAGE DIMENSIONS! We haven't even started to choreograph because we don't know how big the stage is going to be!

khenemetset
04-05-2010, 11:21 PM
I discovered that freaking out is counter productive. :) If it all gets done; great, if not the only person to really be disappointed will be the two of us involved.

Though, at this stage, it'll get done.

RaDragon76
04-06-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm not panicking about costumes yet. Except for finishing my historical everything else if done and ready. I've decided not to panic since it never helps me when I do. Last time I did I spent a lot of time using a seam ripper and spent double the amount of time sewing the costume because of it.

Sarcasm-hime
04-07-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm plugging away; panic hasn't set in but I'm sure it will soon. My dress is still in giant pieces all over my sofa...however it's the embellishment that will take the most time. Need to buy a reading light so I can bead/embroider in the car!

Gravely
04-07-2010, 09:57 PM
only competing in the SF/F, but I have to be done more than a week early, as I am helping run a haunted house /horror con the week before, so will have no time to work on stuff right up against cc.

Buddycat
04-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Fortunately, it's just touch up stuff for me on the SF & F. The rest of the time I"ll be doing my archiver thing, taking pictures.

supergeekgirl
04-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Still need to make a few more fixes on my historical.

My F&SF is not hardly done (also in pieces in my living room), but most of the work was actually in the patterning, so I feel like I can do it. Not a lot of embellishment once it's put together, but just making the pattern has been a pain.

In between all of that, I'm attempting to lacefront a wig for my husband's hall costume (I'll be competing it at Marcon, so it's not like I'm doing all of that work and never showing it to a judge). I also have to add a small lacefront and sideburn wefts to my wig for F&SF, but the wig itself is done.

trixyloupwolf
04-08-2010, 11:00 AM
why the post won,t hurry to deliver my wig ^^
hope i receive them in time =-= ;;;;

edit: just receive one of the 2
and yeah! just receive my kind of anime elf ears yeah!! (thanks maral for the place ^^)

RaDragon76
04-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Glad you got one of your wigs, Trixy. :) The wait can be annoying.

I'm getting my lining fabric today and that's the last thing that needs to be bought for my historical entry. I may still need to buy some more trim or fabric to be made into trim but I won't know that for sure until I start cutting and then putting trim on the pieces in question. I think this weekend will be another working weekend to get some pieces done that are almost finished and to get other pieces closer to being finished. I still have quite a bit to do although most of it is just sewing pieces together and trimming them.

trixyloupwolf
04-09-2010, 02:57 PM
so far with today work here my progress^^

hentei costume: 75%
single patern: 80%
futur costume: 88%

doll entry: 5%

yeah going well kick me so i stop being lazyyy nya!!!

Berzerker_prime
04-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Oh yeah, I'm in final-month OMG mode. I have been embroidering the sleeves for my historical entry for nearly two years and I still have a significant amount to do on them. And yet, I'm so darned sick of gold chain-stitch on brown that I've started doing everything - anything - else. I'm not so much in panic mode as I am in just-want-this-thing-to-be-done mode.

And, oh yeah, I have a hall costume to work on, too. Oy vey...

supergeekgirl
04-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Grrrr... FedEx is supposed to take stuff to the leasing office when we're not home, but they took my M4 for the F&SF masquerade back to the facility for Monday delivery. I was hoping Mikhail would get a chance to do the modding on it today or tomorrow.

CapsuleCorp
04-10-2010, 09:55 PM
So many pieces of my SF&F entry are MOSTLY finished but for a little hand-sewing. It's driving me bonkers. I want to put the rest of the costume in my luggage and concentrate on the wings, wig, and weapon. SIGH.

But at least every part of the costume is at minimum started. Or purchased, in the wig's case.

I'm so glad we got the hall costumes out of the way early, I have nothing to do except finish this costume and choreograph. OI choreography...I NEED STAGE DIMENSIONS!!

Also. Side note. The Madison Area Costuming Society is your new ICG chapter. :3

Ayekasong
04-11-2010, 04:35 PM
I am going back and forth in my panic mode. Some days, I am pretty confident that everything is going to get done. Other days - especially on days I had set aside to do work, and I am knocked out by a cold - I freak out and have nightmares of not finishing.

My cloth feathers are all of the kitchen floor. And there is wig hair everywhere. At least something is getting done?

von Drago
04-11-2010, 10:00 PM
OI choreography...I NEED STAGE DIMENSIONS!!

Rumor has it that it will be 12 by 24 - kind of small.

Ayekasong
04-11-2010, 11:37 PM
I am also panicking about my costume not turning out "Costume-Con-worthy." Lol. :D

trixyloupwolf
04-11-2010, 11:59 PM
I am also panicking about my costume not turning out "Costume-Con-worthy." Lol.

nya agree i feel that too there so many good one up there ^^;;
wish i could be as good hehe!!!!

well i do for fun first and if i kind of win somthing i take it as a bonus hehe^^ yeah for bonus ^^::

hope i finish in time nya!! so many thing still to do ==_== wish i had friend to sew with me would be more envcouraging ^^:::

and so many thoing i donT know how to do yet
and my silly sewing machine just do strit sewing haha ^^ o and zig zag thingy nya ^^

wish me luck nya o and kick my ass so i work on them ^^ hug!!

CapsuleCorp
04-12-2010, 12:05 AM
12 x 24 I can work with - is that feet or inches, Nora? XD

I wasn't expecting something like last year's stage, so that's all right. Big or small is all relative to me. We just need to know how many strides it'll take for one of us to cross the stage so we can work it into the choreography, it's all being done by the music's timing.

Gravely
04-12-2010, 12:12 AM
12x24, wow, glad I'm goin solo this year.

some of my past CC entries, the PROPS wouldn't have fit on that LOL

von Drago
04-12-2010, 08:31 AM
I am also panicking about my costume not turning out "Costume-Con-worthy." Lol. :D

I'm sure they will be.

It's a common misconception that everybody wears stunning outfits all weekend at a CC - not true. You will see some amazing stuff both on stage & in the halls but you will also see plenty of "just for fun" or "just plain comfortable" outfits.

Relax & enjoy! :juggler:

supergeekgirl
04-12-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm a little nervous about the judges insulting me since I've never done a CC masquerade before. I don't know if they start pointing out what they think is wrong with a costume.

I'm trying to, at least, have really good documentation. We're doing a neat documentation project for my F&SF entry, but we're still stuck on a creative idea for presenting the kabuki stuff.

RaDragon76
04-12-2010, 11:43 AM
12x24 is doable for our historical presentation or at least I think it is. We've had the basics of the presentation done for several months although we do keep editing it and if we need to do a little changing at the con after seening the stage then we can. The costumes themselves are right on schedule and we have a nice idea for our documentation as well. It's all down to hand-sewing for me now and making one more decision about the set up of my sleeves and it'll be done.

@Ayekasong: I'm sure your costumes will be wonderful. The first CC I attended I was worried about wearing a costume that wasn't even finished (I hadn't completed the trim and there was still an issue with a few other parts of it) but it was fine.

@SuperGeekGirl: I've competed in both the Sci-Fi and the Historical at two different CCs and never once has a judge pointed out the flaws in my costume so I wouldn't worry about that. Just don't point them out yourself and things should be fine.

trixyloupwolf
04-12-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm a little nervous about the judges insulting me since I've never done a CC masquerade before. I don't know if they start pointing out what they think is wrong with a costume.

I'm trying to, at least, have really good documentation. We're doing a neat documentation project for my F&SF entry, but we're still stuck on a creative idea for presenting the kabuki stuff.

well your lucky if they let you talk =_=
last year just make one step or too toward the table one just look behind me before i talk and said next 0-o;;;

was the worst part ever but will go again this year ill be ready to try to speack fats haha!!
and will have paper instead of talking in case this hapen again so ill be ready nya!!

wish i could talk faster in english haha witout having to think my word before i speack nya =-=;;; under pressure my english totaly bad lol!!

but almost all juge were nice beside that one ^^ so yeah!!!!
costume con so fuun ^^ so no worry your a total english so all be neet and cool for you ^^ hug !

Buddycat
04-12-2010, 08:34 PM

What RaDragon said.

It's no different than Archon or MARCON or any other regional masq - they don't do it there, either. Believe me, if the judges did that, there'd be hell to pay. There's no "YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF BEING BEFORE US!!!!" Remember from your CC25 general experience; it's a very supportive atmosphere. Admittedly, sometimes the judges for the Historical have ruffled feathers in the past but no SF judge has ever walked up to me and TOLD me why I didn't get an award - I sought them out because I wanted to know if there was something I could have done different. They were honest, and I accepted it. I thought they were flat out wrong, but hey - you win some, you lose some. I still respect them, even if I disagreed with them.

caliph o'clowns
04-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Ack. Since I'm a newbie I'm just doing a doll, 1 new floor costume, and the video masquerade. But I just had an eeeevil sore throat sneak up on me. Last night I made the mistake of taking some tylenol PM while still working on super-finicky video editing. Bad call.

trixyloupwolf
04-14-2010, 01:29 PM
waa silly odango are very hard to make ^^:::

maybe at costume con some can show me a simplier way to make them ^^;;;;;

ive succeed but o well not perfect ^^:: just ok ^^

anyone having trouble with some part of theyr costume ^^

nya!!
so soooooooonn ^^

supergeekgirl
04-14-2010, 03:21 PM
I haven't been able to get a second person for my skit to act as a prop, so I'm going to have to rewrite... Oh, well, at least it will be a bit more creative now but less epic.

trixyloupwolf
04-14-2010, 09:21 PM
supergeekgirl's

I haven't been able to get a second person for my skit to act as a prop, so I'm going to have to rewrite... Oh, well, at least it will be a bit more creative now but less epic.

they have stage ninja too ^^
and iam sure you could ask friendly people at the con to help you ^^
people thewre are mega friendly so iam sure you can either find a new friend
or have a stage ninja ^^

hug!

supergeekgirl
04-15-2010, 10:03 AM
It's not that. It's a specific character I need, and my friend who dresses as him isn't going to be able to come. We know and trust each other, and the original skit involves hand-to-hand stage combat that we've practiced. I wouldn't want to put the costume on someone else and attempt to teach them the combat in an hour.

CapsuleCorp
04-15-2010, 11:38 PM
I HATE MY BEADS!!!

....that is all. Carry on.

trixyloupwolf
04-15-2010, 11:50 PM
then i hate them too for you ^^
hug wish it help ^^;;;;;;

supergeekgirl
04-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Re-wrote my skit yesterday, and the silicone wefts I did for the front of my wig look great so far. Nice alternative to ventilating, which is what I'm doing on Mikhail's wig for one of his hall costumes. I'll see which method looks best to decide which to use in the future.

Berzerker_prime
04-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Make the chain stitch stop... Please...

In other news... 12x24? Time to go edit my music. The galliard I was pondering is definitely a no-go on a stage that small.

Sarcasm-hime
04-16-2010, 01:15 PM
I hope the stage is large enough for our panniers. LOL

von Drago
04-16-2010, 01:18 PM
then i hate them too for you ^^
hug wish it help ^^;;;;;;

Me too!!!:miffed:

von Drago
04-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Make the chain stitch stop... Please...

In other news... 12x24? Time to go edit my music. The galliard I was pondering is definitely a no-go on a stage that small.

You only have a minute anyway so smaller makes that easier;)

trixyloupwolf
04-16-2010, 05:26 PM
nya i have huuge wiing hahahaha^^
what a pain for transportation lol^^
less for the stage exept entering it and exiting it lol^^

CapsuleCorp
04-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Oh, I know. When my wings are open, I'll take up half the stage.

It'll be awesome. :D

Thanks for the bead hate guys. ;) I still hate them. Enough that there will now be less of them. *shakes fist at vest*

trixyloupwolf
04-16-2010, 10:27 PM
shake fist with you ^^
hug!!

cool awsome wing
guess many of us having wing tugh tough for the judge haha!!

iam sure your wing will be all more awsome then mine hehe^^
mine are just bat wing made with foam cover with latex and paint ^^nya
but they do have the bone inside hehe that the best part of my wing i guess ^^

i love people with wing they always look awsome and look so much more popular becose they take a lot of space haha wanted to try that too once so yeah!! haha^^

hug!
just 2 week waaa its so awsome nya!

ps: you will have to tell me i know you haha i am really bad reconising people from a tiny picture not them ^^:: hehe^^ hug!

RaDragon76
04-17-2010, 11:11 AM
I'll hate on your beads as well and then shake the vest for good measure, Cap! :) I know exactly where your coming from there though that does remind me that I need to do some quick repairs to my Tut broadcollar before the con.

@Berzerker_prime: If I can make the chain stitch stop then maybe you can make the symbols I finished embroidering a few weeks ago stop swimming around in my head. Of course it doesn't help that I'm still sewing pieces that have those same symbols on them.

von Drago
04-17-2010, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=CapsuleCorp;3408392]Oh, I know. When my wings are open, I'll take up half the stage.

It'll be awesome. :D
QUOTE]

With a stage that small I can take up half of it with my hoops. Course they are big hoops... :bigtu:

trixyloupwolf
04-17-2010, 11:42 PM
?? iam lost here lol??

why you think its so small???

isn't it like all normal stage?
animenorth or fan expo size ??
or even like just a place to walk on without falling down??

0_o!!!

Gravely
04-18-2010, 02:39 AM
wow, with the things that get said about me, they'll say just my ego will fill that stage LOL

von Drago
04-18-2010, 08:46 AM
wow, with the things that get said about me, they'll say just my ego will fill that stage LOL

Well, there is that. :D

CapsuleCorp
04-18-2010, 07:40 PM
I suppose stage size is all relative. I am notoriously terrible about making visual estimations (odd for someone with my visual acuity) so I'm trying to envision it in terms of other stages I've been on. I think 12x24 is bigger than the CONvergence stage, but smaller than Archon? Smaller than the stage we had at CC27 but bigger than a postage stamp? :D

At least I cleared with Henry that I won't be taking out any overhead lights with the wings!

Gravely
04-18-2010, 07:58 PM
as long as it doesn't change size when we get there. the last 2 times Henry was in charge of a CC stage, what was said pre con, was NOT what we ended up getting.
I am sure he is on top of that this time.

Ayekasong
04-18-2010, 09:27 PM
I just wasted a good chunk of the weekend making fingerless gloves....and now I have to scrap them because I am unhappy with the way the fabric is behaving. Bleh for wasted time when the con is so close..

Berzerker_prime
04-18-2010, 10:48 PM
You only have a minute anyway so smaller makes that easier;)

Very true, though with the galliard still on it, my music is clocking in at 56 seconds. ^_~

I was likely going to drop it anyway, since I'm not that great at galliarding, though.

von Drago
04-19-2010, 07:48 AM
I suppose stage size is all relative. I am notoriously terrible about making visual estimations (odd for someone with my visual acuity) so I'm trying to envision it in terms of other stages I've been on. I think 12x24 is bigger than the CONvergence stage, but smaller than Archon? Smaller than the stage we had at CC27 but bigger than a postage stamp? :D

Smaller than Archon & CC27. No idea about the height but probably lower than Archon (most are).

khenemetset
04-19-2010, 12:58 PM
I hate those last few days when you're so close to the costume getting finished but you don't have the motivation to finish it. All it would take would be a good full day of work to get our historical done.

Nora, is the stage as big as CC25's was? I can't visualize worth a darn, but we don't have any large pieces on the costumes and no really massive movements so I don't think the stage size is going to be an issue. Though, it probably means the difference between one version of our staging and another. :/

RaDragon76
04-19-2010, 01:17 PM
My problem is not motivation per say. It's that the weather has been really nice and after a winter of being indoors I want to be outside. Kinda hard to sew on something outside when your working with large amounts of fabric, lining and so forth. I'm sure it'll get finished in time though. We'll just have to keep at it.

trixyloupwolf
04-19-2010, 02:09 PM
nya! i miss ya ^^
can,t belive it just in 2 week ^^;;

run finish costume i screw lol^^::
i broken the arm part wen unsewing something =-= must be more carefull =-= have to restart the arm part nya!! like i have that many time hehe^^

now painting wing nya!!

how are you coming to costume con ^^

me and my friend minh are comming by bus 26 hours
(was the less expensive just 145$ woot super deal ^^)

my 7 others friend going by plane so expensive 545$ quite a diference ^^::

yeah soon soon ^^

von Drago
04-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Nora, is the stage as big as CC25's was? I can't visualize worth a darn, but we don't have any large pieces on the costumes and no really massive movements so I don't think the stage size is going to be an issue. Though, it probably means the difference between one version of our staging and another. :/
A little smaller; the stage at CC25 wasn't huge but it was alright for even the biggest groups.
Fortunately our biggest group was only 6 or 7. I think groups that size might have trouble with Henry's stage.

Buddycat
04-19-2010, 10:35 PM
as long as it doesn't change size when we get there. the last 2 times Henry was in charge of a CC stage, what was said pre con, was NOT what we ended up getting.
I am sure he is on top of that this time.

Awww! You're so cute when you're optimistic!:devil:

RaDragon76
04-21-2010, 03:51 PM
We're going to have to rework the entrance bit of our presentation since it sounds like there's not going to be much in the way of coverage once you get onstage. There are no curtains anywhere except "maybe" to shield the stairs and that completely ruins the entrance we had planned. Just another thing to add to the list of last minute things to do.

trixyloupwolf
04-21-2010, 04:07 PM
nya panicking week haha work a lot and need to get kick again haha sooo sleeepy zzzzzzzzz..........

friday i have a sewing day with friend so hopefully ill work hard that day ^^ nya!!

specially left are prop

and
hentai:
arm thingy
tail
arrange the shoe strap its broken =_=
attach wing to me ^^
finish painting wing
find a way to attach horn on head =-=

bat priincess
tail(its the same as the hentai opne so yeah!)
wing (one pair is being reuse from hentai one the smaller one so yeah again)
boot need to make strap longuer ==_==

single pattern
need fix (something with wire)
arrange bottom of pants
what to wear in my feet ?????
find mitaine brown =-= any have even broken or un macht !!!!

dolls need to finish them haha but that the dessert for me will take no time almost its fun time ^^

need to take some paper and write down the thing for the judge in case like last year
the one that let not let me talk lol^^;;;
nya!

guess that all

waa that enough one week and a half left ouin run run panic time

o i just bough my luggage thingy 3 119$ not so bad annd theyre purple yeah!!!

nya!! soon soon
waa back to my job see ya later guys ^^

what left on your side ???

Gravely
04-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Trixy wrote:
need to take some paper and write down the thing for the judge in case like last year
the one that let not let me talk lol^^;;;

Trixy as a past workmanship judge, I can tell you that the time alloted is NEVER enough.
At the mess that was the CC-26 workmanshhip judging, by the time we could start, we had, as an average time, 2.5 minutes PER GROUP, no matter how many were in the group,.

now, I do like to ask as many questions as I can, and I was not there last year, to see/hear who was mean to you ( not that I don't have guesses LOL) but the workmanship judging at a costume-con, is in my opinion the second hardest judging in all of costume fandom. 1st being doing the same thing at the historical

so please be tolerant of whomever is judging this year, I am sure they Do want to look at everything, and give out as many awards as are appropriate, but it is a hard and thankless job.

and even tho it's is tough to be a judge, when asked, I would do it in a heartbeat, because it is also very rewardling, to see such awesome stuff,up close and make as many people happy as you can by awarding them

von Drago
04-21-2010, 08:13 PM
so please be tolerant of whomever is judging this year, I am sure they Do want to look at everything, and give out as many awards as are appropriate, but it is a hard and thankless job.

and even tho it's is tough to be a judge, when asked, I would do it in a heartbeat, because it is also very rewardling, to see such awesome stuff,up close and make as many people happy as you can by awarding them

Judging is hard. I would definitely do it again (not that anyone will ever ask).

And most of the judges I've run into try to be fair & listen. There have been notable exceptions - but they are not the rule.

RaDragon76
04-21-2010, 08:32 PM
I agree that judging is hard. :)

What I have left to do:

Historical Masquerade Entry:

For myself:

1. Finish putting together my shoes (Yes, I was insane enough to make my own)
2. Line and hem one piece of my main costume
3. Put trim on two pieces of the main costume
4. Put closures on four pieces of the costume
5. Finish editing and putting together the documentation

For Khene:

1. Put a waistband onto part of her costume
2. Hem some parts of her costume

I think that's about all that's left to do on my end. I'll be happy when I can say that the costume is finished. It's been in the works since July and it's been a real learning experience for both of us.

supergeekgirl
04-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Whelp, one prop down. One costume to go. Then some small fixes on DDR Kabuki.

My skit is all edited except my voice over, which I will do tomorrow.

Oh, and I have two wigs to finish. Darn wigs.

CapsuleCorp
04-21-2010, 10:34 PM
My wings don't work.

I am utterly screwed.

trixyloupwolf
04-21-2010, 10:36 PM
My wings don't work.

I am utterly screwed.

what happen can we help out with idea^^
try my msn (trixyloupwolf on hotmail.con^^)

maybe we can work it out !!!

RaDragon76
04-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Hopefully we don't lost all our reference and documentation pics for our historical entry. Our computer appears to be dying a slow, painful death. Here's hoping we can transfer them to another machine before this one dies.

trixyloupwolf
04-23-2010, 10:26 PM
yeah today sewing meet up was fun
i avance a lot of my costume nya^^

ill be in time now ^^ ^^

just need to go buy wire
and arange my wand nya!1
fix the wing ^^
o and the horn ^^

not so bad right ^^

RaDragon76
04-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Finished the doll contest entry over the weekend as well as reworking our presentation to fit the stage. Hopefully we'll not have to make changes to it again but at least the mini-reveal remains intact if slightly altered. Music also was edited and our dialogue was finalized. We still have to finish up documentation and a few things on the costumes and we'll be good to go. Hopefully, everything will be finished this week so we can take a few days to relax before the con.

Berzerker_prime
04-26-2010, 11:35 PM
Stitching... nearly done... must... continue... so close!

@_@

von Drago
04-27-2010, 02:38 PM
New stage info - apparently the hotel has more risers than they thought so they've changed the stage size.

It is now 32' wide by 18' deep and 2' high.

For what it's worth, if anyone feels like changing their staging again.

CapsuleCorp
04-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Bigger is better than smaller. ;)

It won't change our staging, my costume fail may change our staging though. The 2' high dimension helps, thanks Nora - in case I do need to hide at the bottom of the stairs.

Berzerker_prime
04-28-2010, 12:51 AM
I finished my embroidery! *happy dance*

I don't want to do a project like that again, but I probably will at some point because I'm crazy like that! *happy dance*

Sarcasm-hime
04-28-2010, 02:05 AM
I will have one week to do a whole lot of appliqué and beading. Gahhhh.

supergeekgirl
04-28-2010, 10:16 AM
I did so much hand sewing last night, but I feel like I've gone nowhere. I have to finish my costume by this Saturday morning so I can take it to a con for a test run.

trixyloupwolf
04-28-2010, 05:47 PM
nya!!
my doll almost done ^^

costume waa need to work on it still =_=
painting with can paint is not fun smell bad ^^ and makle a messs ^^::

need to do :
put elastik on the wig for them to hold on me ^^
need finish all 3 tail ^^
need to do that stupid bow ^^;;

finish my wand my brother was supose to polish it better with his machin
but o well no time i guess ^^

hey that mostly all ^^

no special decoration or embellishing on mine =-= not my thing or and no time ^^;;

hug SOOO SOOOOOONNNN

RaDragon76
04-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Well, we won't be changing anything more with our presentation even with the stage being a bit bigger. It wasn't the size that was the problem it was the lack of curtains anywhere else but the stairs leading to the stage that was. Kinda hard to do a reveal when there are no curtains onstage. It's fixed now though so it's fine.

@ Berz- I know how you feel. I felt the same when I finished my embroidery. :)

Hopefully everything will work out for me. I've hit a bit of a last minute snag with a part of my costume. :eeek: I keep having to leave that piece to work on something else just so I don't get to frustrated with it and so it doesn't delay me in finishing other pieces that need to be hemmed and so forth.

CapsuleCorp
04-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Hey guys?

If I managed to miraculously make my wings work today, you all can finish in time. I BELIEVE IN YOOOOUUUU!!!! *fistpump*

trixyloupwolf
04-28-2010, 09:23 PM
hug!
thanks capsulecorp

RaDragon76
04-28-2010, 09:26 PM
@Cap- That's wonderful news. :) Glad it works and thanks for the vote of confidence. I shall try once again to figure out why this piece of my costume fails to lay correctly. Wish me luck.

caliph o'clowns
04-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Hey guys?

If I managed to miraculously make my wings work today, you all can finish in time. I BELIEVE IN YOOOOUUUU!!!! *fistpump*

Hooray wings! That brings me a happy.

I'm not doing too much for my first CC. But I did have my first experience trying to put pigtails in a meh quality costume wig this week. The horror. And unfortunately I don't have the time/money for this nice wig fixin' tutorial http://www.katiebair.com/wigtutorial_parting.html
But I think I got it sorted.

I also had a fun mathy brain fart on skirt trim. Numbers and I roll that way sometimes.

I haven't started my doll. I'm really excited about it but I think I'm in denial about how much it's going to kick my heiny!

supergeekgirl
04-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Woohoo, CapsuleCorp!

I'm taking a break right now for a few minutes to make certificates for the Mousekerade.

trixyloupwolf
04-28-2010, 11:23 PM
^^ cool for you ^^ for us ^^

any how just can't wait to be there nya!!!!!

need to work costume out but my job is taking so much out of me
^^

its like the super busyest week or month i had since like a couple monht ^^

i was supose to have free sathursday but its soo bussy they made me work nya!!

o well still have tuesday for last minute thingy =_=;;;;

nya!!

RaDragon76
04-29-2010, 03:07 PM
I put on all the outer layers of my costume for the historical masquerade and it looks awesome even without all the embellishments and the sleeves still not connected to the main piece. Also Khene found some good reference today for hairstyles and makeup for us to use with the costume, which was the last thing we needed to make the costume complete. Can't wait to wear it now. :)

Ayekasong
04-29-2010, 04:59 PM
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I may have found a way for my glove to work. I have to use different fabric, but it looks a ton better than it did. I may not have to invade the mall after all. :D

supergeekgirl
04-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Oh, gloves! I'm working on a pair of those right now myself. First time making gloves from scratch, but it's not so bad, just annoying because it all has to be hand-sewn. I'm not one to make little intricate pieces like doll clothing and whatnot, but I've gotten a lot more patience with sewing the last few years.

trixyloupwolf
04-30-2010, 11:59 AM
sooo sooonn panic mode extreme haha^^;;

any one have any idea whats hapening the may 10 0_o

costume con date are 7 to 10 but the schedule show nothing on the 10 0_o
whys thats =_=;;;;;;

any one has any idea??

thanks^^

pps: wen are you all arriving ^^
for me and my friend were going to be there thursday in the day time ^^
me and my friend coming by bus ^^ so looong traveling time 26 ish hour ^^max
with the stoping transfering and all ^^

what about you ^^

RaDragon76
04-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Still have things to do but I'm not panicking yet. The weather here is supposed to rainy so we're having a costuming weekend to get everything that isn't ready finished ready. That should take care of everything that still needs to be done.

Khene and I are driving up from about six or seven hours away and plan to arrive sometime toward evening on Thursday.

Sarcasm-hime
04-30-2010, 06:26 PM
SisterSola (http://sistersola.com/index.html) and I are arriving sometime late Thursday.

In the meantime, beading, beading, beading, beading....

supergeekgirl
04-30-2010, 07:10 PM
any one have any idea whats hapening the may 10 0_o

costume con date are 7 to 10 but the schedule show nothing on the 10 0_o
whys thats =_=;;;;;;

any one has any idea??

thanks^^

pps: wen are you all arriving ^^
for me and my friend were going to be there thursday in the day time ^^
me and my friend coming by bus ^^ so looong traveling time 26 ish hour ^^max
with the stoping transfering and all ^^

what about you ^^

There's the Mousekerade on May 10.

I'll be coming on Thursday night with Mikhail, Steve, and Cathy. We only have a 7-8 hour drive.

Oh, and Sarcasm-hime, SisterSola! Yay! I met her at Marcon a couple of years ago. Love her costumes.

trixyloupwolf
04-30-2010, 09:37 PM
There's the Mousekerade on May 10.

cool one thing yeah one info hourra ^^''

von Drago
05-01-2010, 05:02 PM
cool one thing yeah one info hourra ^^''

We'll be arriving on Thursday evening.

As for Monday - the Archives will be showing some video, Bruce wants to go to AMerican Science & Surplus then there's bowling at 3.
And of course the Mousekerade!

supergeekgirl
05-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Aw, crud! I wasted this weekend. Spent too much time at Con-tamination on Friday. Wasted all day Saturday going to Cape Comic Con (which at least got me some nice pictures). Wasted today doing who-knows-what until I realized it was already 3:00, and I was so behind. Fixed the problems with my kabuki costume, but now I still have to finish the gloves for my F&SF entry. Frig!

trixyloupwolf
05-03-2010, 06:17 AM
hug courage friend

RaDragon76
05-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I feel like I wasted all of yesterday and a few other days prior to that. It took my until late afternoon yesterday to find out what the exact problem was with a major piece of my historical costume and it took me until later in the night to get the piece finished so that it could be embellished. I had been hoping that I would have most of the costume done by today but now I've still got one piece to finish putting together, closures to put on four pieces and some trim to add on another one. At least the costume looks good and the top layer of it lays the way it's supposed to and is draping nicely now.

Sarcasm-hime
05-03-2010, 05:17 PM
I wasted yesterday too. Had a plan for appliquéing the spots on my wings and kept plugging ahead even when I was getting a sinking feeling that I wouldn't be happy with the results, because I'd already done a bunch of work. Finally decided late last night to rip it all out and paint it instead as the paint swatch I did looks a million times better. ARGH

trixyloupwolf
05-03-2010, 05:37 PM
hug maral ^^

hey seem a lot of people are having wing this year ^^::

supergeekgirl
05-03-2010, 09:46 PM
I don't have wings, just lots of straps and a hotter than hell PVC and oilcloth vinyl bodysuit.

My fingers are dead. I have holes in two fingernails, puncture wounds on most of the fingers on my right hand, and scratches from wayward pins all over both hands. Still working on the details on my gloves.

trixyloupwolf
05-03-2010, 10:00 PM
hey question maybe some can answer seem i keep asking them on fb and they do not really reply saddly

- how come theyre nothing plan on the may 10 wen the convention is cleary state 7 to 10 may 0-o

i know for sure only the mouskerade and that all ?????
last year they were a lot more then just 1 thing 0-o

so anyone knows =-=

hug
trixy

continu sewing her silly bow ^^;;;
and ajusting the wing
and finding here silly metal chain=-=;;; ehehe lost it in the room^^::

o and ill have my wand tomorow to finish by cousin just use his machin to mak eit less dangerous on the side haha^^ since it round i made it with my lil saw thing haha bad finishing =_= so hell help do it clean so i won<t hurt people hehe^^

see ya there nya
jump around ^^

ps: PLEASE BE SURE TO COME SEE ME AND TELL ME WHO YOU ARE
otherwise i might miss ya ^^::

thanks

RaDragon76
05-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Costume is finished! :)

I just finished the final piece last night so it's all ready with a couple of days to spare. Now I can relax a little and get packed for the convention.

Side note: We'll be arriving later on Thursday then planned so we probably won't actually see anyone until Friday morning.

Sarcasm-hime
05-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Trixy, the bowling is also on Monday, and we could also do a trip to the fabric store :)

trixyloupwolf
05-04-2010, 12:14 PM
neet ^^

finish almost waa so running around to finish the last stuff ^^ haha!!
well be at costume con the 6 at noon well around that
hope were not gonna be alone hehe^^

CapsuleCorp
05-04-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm finished too! Well. As finished as it's going to get. The uberplans aren't happening, but what we have looks good. And I'm packed!

Five months working on the costume, including hardware, tools, awls, hand-sewing, exacto knives, and hot glue, and TONIGHT I finally injure myself by cutting my finger with a scissors. This is how awesome I am.

Berzerker_prime
05-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Five months working on the costume, including hardware, tools, awls, hand-sewing, exacto knives, and hot glue, and TONIGHT I finally injure myself by cutting my finger with a scissors. This is how awesome I am.

Ooh! You should be careful with those, Cap; the news said they were sharp, you know.

:toothy:

trixyloupwolf
05-05-2010, 01:56 AM
all finish packing

did not find my camera case and my camera batterie charger ==-== they disapear magickely we both look every were 0_o will buy a new one nearby the convention no choice hehe^^::

all costume don in time ^^;;

packing wing is horrible =_=
hope they stay alive wish them luck ^^

my doll finish (ok its a small entry cause i was doing my 3 costume but o well ^^ its still one entry for fun ^^)

hug^^

were gonna be tjhere the 6 may around noon ^^ hehe

RaDragon76
05-05-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm going to get things packed tonight so that I don't need to do that tomorrow before leaving plus I still need to print off some stuff for documentation and I have a few things to pick up before we leave. Other than that I'm all set and can't wait to go. Hope everyone has a safe trip to the convention and I'll see you guys there. :)

LadyoftheThread
05-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Have fun at Costume Con, everyone! And take lots of pictures! :) It's too far for me this year so I'll have to live vicariously.

Berzerker_prime
05-06-2010, 01:39 AM
Woo hoo! Heading over to Milwaukee tomorrow! Can't wait to see everyone!

I'll be the one feverishly sewing eyelets into bell-sleeves.

von Drago
05-06-2010, 07:22 AM
See everyone later today! If I don't know you please come up & say hi so I can place a name with a face!!

Ayekasong
05-06-2010, 09:01 AM
I'll be there late tonight, probably around 9. I can't wait!