PDA

View Full Version : Anime Pageant ? Youmacon 2010 ?

kitty~kyky~nya
04-11-2010, 11:35 AM
If you have not already checked out the Youmacon 2010 forums then you definitely will have to take a look. There is a lot going on and tons of ideas. ^^ One of many was the idea to have an Anime Pageant ! You can post your ideas on the thread - http://www.youmacon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7362

or leave your comments here ! Either way let us know what you think of the idea ?

I hope that the idea will have enough impact that we'll be able to have it as an event ! ^^

lunaladyoflight
04-11-2010, 06:37 PM
I've already given my views on this on the Youma forums. Nothing against you guys, but I just don't see this as feasible or a good idea for anything except a fun game show panel. If it's a fun game show panel, hell I'll participate. But a serious pageant at an Anime con? No.

[Rubedo]
08-16-2010, 10:13 PM
I agree, making this a serious contest/event would be a bad idea, and would ultimately end up as causing a lot of drama. However, like lunaladyoflight mentioned (and others as I saw skimming the forums) a panel would be your best bet. A non serious gameshow-like version could be quite interesting, and it is something you could make happen with some serious planning. I've seen similar things done at cons and they turned out well.

Doing it as a panel would also make the idea appealing to a wider group of people, because the pressure of stage-fright from an actual event would be gone, and it wouldn't clash with the times/planning of the other numerous main events.