PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy 10 opening theme

engrish
09-08-2003, 09:33 PM
just curious has anyone done a skit where they mimic the opening scene from final fantasy 10? You know where everyone is just sitting around the campfire and doing nothing while the music is playing?

sometimes simplicity is the way to go :bigtu:

Psychotic Jei
09-10-2003, 11:00 PM
I would personally find that amusing.

Romann
09-14-2003, 07:43 PM
lol then at the end someone can say "Pass the chilli"

But seriously if someone ever did do that as a skit...I'd just shake my head.

Troppy
09-14-2003, 09:24 PM
I don't know. I'm a huge FFX fan, and I'd "get it," but it just seems like a lot of people wouldn't understand. Even with my fandom, I don't think it would seem like the best idea. Sitting around doing nothing, even though it is an actual game scene, almost seems like you didn't have the time to put together a script. I know this isn't the case since you're obviously arraning it ahead of time, but what will the oblivious audience think? If you inserted some jokes of some sort, or dialogue, it may work...but if you sat there for a while then just left...yeah, somehow I don't think impatient con audiences would be all the appreciative. Plus, if you're all sitting and crouched, you can't see the beauty of most of the costumes! :O

Psychotic Jei
09-15-2003, 05:38 AM
When I watched the scene while playing FFX....the first thing I thought of was... "Well, what do you want to eat." "I dunno, what do you want to eat." "I dunno."

engrish
09-15-2003, 12:10 PM
maybe we can all roast some marshmellos on the campfire. :bigtu:

yeah good point. people would either think it's funny, or really stupid to have people just sit there.

libelle
09-15-2003, 04:18 PM
ok i think that if you want to do that scene, you could at least write a script and while the music is playing, talk and gesture, it could at least look better than sitting there looking at each other's faces O_o

hehehe

Susumari
09-16-2003, 03:22 PM
that would be cool to do...but i really have no clue, there's alot of cool little funny sayings you can put in there. never really thought about that.

Michi
09-16-2003, 04:00 PM
That would be cute if you got the cast together and went on a camping trip and video taped it and put it up on a cosplay site.

But as a skit, the audience would just be REALLY bored. Unless you made it a comedy with silly dialogue as has been suggested. :p Especially considering what a strong point that scene really was in the game. o_o

Koumori
09-16-2003, 04:02 PM
It would be a cute concept to start off a skit with, but you'll need to have something to do. Most people don't like watching people sit around doing nothing. ;)

TheAnarCHris
09-23-2003, 01:11 PM
You could have them sit around for like 30 seconds or so, then have Lulu go "duck, duck, duck...GOOSE!!"

That's my 1/2 cent.

KIL78
10-06-2003, 01:54 AM
or if you want to go with low humor

ffx opening+campfire scene in blazing sadles=stupid funny

Auron
10-12-2003, 04:07 PM
ya i like your going to need more then just siting there..like put something random out of no were in there to make it...not so dull :bigtu:
but i like the idea i dont think anyones done it realy^^ good luck^^

ainslye
10-12-2003, 09:05 PM
"I'm so hungry I could eat a shopuff whole!"

hehehe.....

Cactaur
10-21-2003, 08:28 AM
Or, going with the marshmallow idea, it would be hilarious if for twenty seconds they sit around and then Kimahri gets up and says "Screw this, Kimahri roast marshmellows." Or Tidus can fall off that ledge he stands on in the middle of his "This is my story speech." and an ambulance comes and picks him up. Or Wakka can yell "Shut-up!" While Tidus is giving his speech and then he can fall off and throw his blitzball at Tidus and...um...ok, I'll stop now.

ainslye
10-21-2003, 03:49 PM
omg.... the khimari idea is hysterical. ^^

Lil_Sexy_Yuna
12-06-2003, 01:48 PM
[b]yeah, me and my b/f are doing a skit to this funny Final Fantasy song and are going to act out the words, not the animation[b]

Lil_Sexy_Yuna
12-06-2003, 01:49 PM
[b]Sry all, I am experimenting with the HTML[b]

ThatYaoiBoy
12-06-2003, 02:28 PM
lol I find this very amusing! I love the whole quiet thing and at the end be "You want some chili?" and then everyone get up and leave. The Khimari idea is great too XD

spike007
12-08-2003, 09:12 PM
omg ive never thought of that id love to see that or to participate :)

Tevina
02-17-2004, 09:20 PM
haha, i actually like the idea of Tidus falling off that ledge or Wakka throwing a blitz ball at him during his "My story" speech. Cuz then after Tidus falls off the ledge, chaos can break out and they all start having a...food fight! lol. Just an idea..hehe.

BlitzAceX
03-27-2004, 04:11 PM
LOL! I agree with the ppl who thought you shoud make it a joke. EX. tidus gets up, goes to the ledgey-thingy, and hes like...this is my story...and then a cell phone goes off and sum1 around the campfires like,"Dammit! now we have to start over!"

_Mandy_
03-30-2004, 12:36 PM
LMAO at the Kimahri idea! That'd be hilarious. Hmmm...the scene from Blazing Saddles...you could fit the chili in there too. For those who haven't seen it, basically they're all sitting around a fire eating beans and start farting...stupid funny. But it was funny.

CosplayerGabi
04-04-2004, 03:46 PM
This is a good idea. Have them sitting around the fire... someone ask "has the pizza arrived yet, cause in 5 minutes it's free." Someone's cell phone can go off. When the pizza arrives the guy can demand his money and then they fight a battle so they don't have to pay him. All this while Tidus does his speech and in the middle of the fight he can YELL : Hey cut it out! I'm TRYING to have a moment here!

Just make sure you grab the audio file that does the speech, have the BG music playing from the opening softly in the back, and have your cast record what they are going to say. Time it right and put it on a CD. Cause no one laughs at a skit they can't hear.

Gab

Isaac
04-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Does anyone know a site where I can buy Yunas gunner,songstress, or summoner costume?

If you do send me an email of the site.