PDA

View Full Version : "Chicago" cosplay

Ali
09-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Okay, just finished watching Chicago for about the fourth time, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has gotten the urge to make one of these costumes... can't say I'm totally motivated to do much, but I love Velma's trial ensamble.
Anyone else made/interested in making Chicago costumes?
Just curious. :)

makonurikoryoko
09-08-2003, 11:27 PM
^^ hehe yeah that is a really cute outfit! I have the figure id love doing Roxys trial outfit! ^^ Simplicity I think has some Chicago patterns out for Halloween!

Satine
09-09-2003, 09:11 PM
I made a coat very very much inspired by Velma's court scene coat. And I wear it with a dark wig.. it's for a play, but I definately used Chicago as a real solid base for the costume:)
http://costumes.glittersweet.com/1920.htm

I don't have the full outfit photgraphed yet... never a nice day when I want to take photos.

Rose_Prince
09-09-2003, 09:48 PM
As much as I LOVE the movie/play, I wouldn't want to because you can just get an old style dress, there wouldn't be that much challenge. that and I try and avoid things that you can buy at the mall :) I say some "Chicago" costumes at Party city yesterday

DarkindDreamer
09-09-2003, 10:51 PM
i just finished a chicago costume, the black sequin one that's all on the covers of everything. spent about $200ish on it.. lots of 4 in beaded fringe and black plain 6in fringe and gobs of hand beaded.. i'll post a pic of it soon.

Satine
09-10-2003, 04:52 AM
You could never just pick up those costumes. Especially as the designer took great liberties with a lot of the stuff.

Mamma's big song costume is pretty freaking out there;) And the Black and the white costumes... and Roxie's satine nightdress...

Just as you could get any old uniform for a lot of school girl anime costumes?

Ali
09-11-2003, 12:27 PM
Darkind, you'll have to show some pics of that costume... it sounds freaking amazing.

Yeah, the detail on those costumes is incredible. Roxie's beaded silver thing from her solo number practically made my head explode. If I were more ambitious, I'd probably attempt one of Roxie's costumes, but I think I'd go mad just trying to figure it out. ^_^

DarkindDreamer
09-11-2003, 01:28 PM
okie dokie.. i have taken photos and they are now up in my gallery, hope you enjoy :)

Ali
09-11-2003, 01:50 PM
So glamorous! I'm in total awe...

Can't really think of more to add, so I'll just go back and stare at the pictures some more...

arucard
09-11-2003, 06:32 PM
I am think about a Billy Flin cotume but probably wont try.

All I care about is love ;) razzle dazzle them......

Velvy
09-11-2003, 06:57 PM
I think I'll make Velma's "I can't do it alone" dress. It's supremely sexy. And it's the sort of outfit I wouldn't wear just for cosplay.

Susumari
09-11-2003, 08:07 PM
I LOVE! chicago i adore the essense of the movie and definately heart the era. when it came out me and my friend certainly did want to do the costumes for halloween. and now i have kinda the good hair for Velma. I would love to do the ending sequence number outfit.

Ali
09-11-2003, 08:38 PM
Man, if I were a guy, I'd love to make a sequin-pinstriped suit...now that I think about it, I want to make one just for the hell of it.

Yeah, all of those costumes are sexy and awesome... I love the Cell Block Tango outfits, but I don't think I could ever get away with one of them without looking sorta kinky. If ever the occasion should arise, however...

All the beads and fringe, though (!) I love the 20's. I love this movie, too... I think I'll just pop in the DVD quick and further cement the songs in my head.

Susumari
09-11-2003, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't pull of the cell block tango outfits...just by urm how my body is...but anyway.

I have the soundtrack and love it. I don't have any money to buy the dvd but I do get to rent it whenevr.