PDA

View Full Version : What should i expect

SamuriSmurfX
09-08-2003, 10:14 PM
im pretty sure im going, this would be my first ohayocon, and i wanna know whats its like, what goes on, what events there are, how big, what the dealers room is like....everything about your experience there...lemme know !!

Artzydivahuf
09-09-2003, 06:23 PM
It will also by my first time... So I would like to know as well!

Menchi
09-09-2003, 08:55 PM
my impression of ohayocon ws pretty good. this year was my first ohayocon but i though it was fun. had alot to do even at 2 am. event wise wasnt to diff from other cons (if you havent been to a con before...check out sugoicon's site www.sugoicon.org ) ohayo reminded me of that con an ahd similar events. the dealers room (not realy my thing but still..) was fair sized an not bad at all. keep in mind am used to anime central more though...but all in all a very enjoyable con

Ameria
09-10-2003, 09:21 AM
As a veteran of Ohayocon, I have to say that you're definitely in for a treat. ^^ It's a really great con with the usual events (cosplay, karaoke, game room, gameshows, art show, AMV contest, otaku doing the Yatta.. >D). Since this will be its 4th year coming up, I'm sure it will be pretty darn big, though definitely not as big as ACEN. Hopefully they'll have one of my favorites back again, the Anime Hell event where they showed a lot of bad, frightening, and highly amusing things to the delight of our sleep-deprived minds. XD

So, in conclusion:
Great fun for everyone,
You won't be completely crowded out,
And I'll see you in Anime Hell.
^.~

Artzydivahuf
09-13-2003, 05:36 PM
Art show??? Ooooh... can anyone enter stuff?? :love:

Also, if anyone is looking for some people to join their group... my friends and I are looking.

Madmann
09-14-2003, 10:40 PM
Expect the unexpected

Lady
09-15-2003, 09:07 AM
My only con experiences have been Otakon, where there is so much going on at once it makes your eyes swirl. I'm definitely going to Ohayocon, but I was wondering if it's jam packed with events, anime, etc like Otakon, or if it's very very low-key with lots of time in-between things?

-Lady

Ameria
09-15-2003, 09:51 AM
My only con experiences have been Otakon, where there is so much going on at once it makes your eyes swirl. I'm definitely going to Ohayocon, but I was wondering if it's jam packed with events, anime, etc like Otakon, or if it's very very low-key with lots of time in-between things?

-Lady

Well it's definitely not as hectic as Otakon (I was at Ota 2001 so I can definitely tell XD) but at the same time things aren't extremely slow since it's definitely not a small con anymore. Once you hit the 4th year, you have a happy medium methinks. XD

Oi! My group needs more Shuichis from Gravitation for a group and maybe cosplay skit if anyone's interested. =D Nothing major in the skit, we'll handle that. XD

Isis Ishtar
09-15-2003, 03:26 PM
I've only been to Ohayocon 2003, but I'd say it was really fun! It's not too crowded and not to big, but there's still enough to do that it won't make you bored. My friends and I live about 15 minutes from where it's taking place in downtown Columbus so we went to the hotel to see what it ws like (and got our hotel room). It's way different from last year's hotel. But it's really in a good spot because right across the street is a Japanese steak house restaurant! That's kinda cool.

A question: Ok, I know I'm gonna sound really stupid asking this, but I've been to three cons and I still don't know what it is. Will someone please tell me what Yatta is? Everyone seems to know except me. V_Vu

Lady
09-16-2003, 08:15 AM
Yatta*laughs* I've only seen a small bit of it, so I'm not sure I can tell you much. However, it was some music video that a friend linked me to. There were like, 5 Japanese guys wearing nothing but boxers with a fig leaf on the crotch, singing and dancing and yelling 'yatta!' Bugger...I should go find that link again and finish watching it. If I can find it, I'll post it in here*nods* (and maybe I'll post the link to the sad sad man pretending he's a Jedi Knight)

Edit:

Yatta: http://phunny.drghetto.com/yatta.asf

-Lady

Ameria
09-16-2003, 03:43 PM
Haha yes, Yatta is a song by the Japanese group Happa-Tai, where they all do a dance and wear tighty-whities with a big green leaf on the front. Now before you think they're just all psychos, you have to understand the lyrics. It's a very happy song, and the outfits tie in with the line "Happa ichimai areba ii. Ikiteiru kara lucky da!" which translates to something along the lines of "As long as we have one leaf on, we're doin' fine! Hey, we're lucky just 'cause we're alive!" which basically means that if they're alive and they're got friends and such then they don't need anything else in the world. ^_^ The entire song's really optimistic, it's an instant pickmeup! =D

Isis Ishtar
09-16-2003, 04:51 PM
Yay! Thank you for telling me! I feel better now. Speaking of Yatta, I actually remember a guy at Ohayocon 2003 dressed as one of the Yatta dudes! Everyone got a kick out of it, and, even though I had no idea what the heck he was at the time, I found it pretty funny. Did anyone see him?

Vincent III
09-18-2003, 03:46 PM
Im also going and this will be my first con, ill be staying tho with friend in the hotel, but I think im the only one that is going to cosplay as a Jrock artist. Right now thinking of doing a Psycho le Cemu costume from Genkai Merry Go Rounds.