PDA

View Full Version : Photographer available (free): SF Bay Area & CA Major Conventions

shibuya
04-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Available for private, group & convention photo shoots (all free). Around SF Bay Area (weekends, 2 weeks prior notice) & major CA conventions. I usually do outdoor/on-location but can offer studio (on limited basis) as well.

Aurora Maryte
04-18-2010, 05:18 PM
I assume you are going to Fanime then?... My sister and I are looking for a photographer for two photoshoots during Fanime-someone who knows the material so that they can help come up with epic poses. She wants a shoot as Ty Lee from Avatar-we had one once before, and the pictures were beautiful, but the photographer had never seen the show so the poses are a little boring and static. She wants something amazing.
We also need a photographer for a shoot with the two of us as Lightning and Jihl from FFXIII.
So if you've seen Avatar or played FF and you have time, we would LOVE to have you as our photographer.

shibuya
04-19-2010, 03:28 AM
yes, i will be at the fanime and yes, i have seen avatar, although i have not played ffxiii yet (played all previous versions)... we can schedule a session during fanime, or prior to the event if you want to have your shots by the time event starts. i'm in tokyo right now and will be returning in 2 weeks.

AuberyMirkwood
04-19-2010, 11:47 PM
Are you going to SDCC then?

Aurora Maryte
04-20-2010, 12:21 AM
Well... I'd be all for having them done before Fanime, but our plane gets in at 3pm Thursday, so that kills the whole morning and afternoon, and we might look totally destroyed after such a long flight(we live 9 miles outside of NYC...and are crazy enough to go all that way for Fanime. What can I say?...)
I mean, I don't know...but probably, one of the actual con days would be a better bet for good photos. We'll be there from Thursday until Wednesday(and yes, I know the convention ends Monday, just saying) so there would be no rush, even if you wanted to do a photoshoot for us Monday or something.

I'm really glad you have seen Avatar, so you'll have an idea of how to pose us, etc. Most photographers I've talked to, at least over here, have not seen it, or have only seen like an episode and have no idea what it's about- hence my sister's issues with our photos from our NYAF photoshoot. I know you'll be perfect for what my sister wants though.

So, thank you soooo much!!! :)
And omg, Tokyo, that's awesome!! I hope you have an amazing trip!

shibuya
04-20-2010, 05:39 AM
Are you going to SDCC then?

yep, will be there...

shibuya
04-20-2010, 06:05 AM
Well... I'd be all for having them done before Fanime, but our plane gets in at 3pm Thursday, so that kills the whole morning and afternoon, and we might look totally destroyed after such a long flight(we live 9 miles outside of NYC...and are crazy enough to go all that way for Fanime. What can I say?...)
I mean, I don't know...but probably, one of the actual con days would be a better bet for good photos. We'll be there from Thursday until Wednesday(and yes, I know the convention ends Monday, just saying) so there would be no rush, even if you wanted to do a photoshoot for us Monday or something.

I'm really glad you have seen Avatar, so you'll have an idea of how to pose us, etc. Most photographers I've talked to, at least over here, have not seen it, or have only seen like an episode and have no idea what it's about- hence my sister's issues with our photos from our NYAF photoshoot. I know you'll be perfect for what my sister wants though.

So, thank you soooo much!!! :)
And omg, Tokyo, that's awesome!! I hope you have an amazing trip!

keep in mind that the lightning in the san jose con center (like in most halls) is not particularly good for photography, and carrying all the studio lightning is a drag, so we should plan a session either in the morning (before 9-10am) or in the evening (after 5pm) when the sunlight warms up and makes skin tones look pleasing. evenings also good for silhouette plays. background also matters - another reason to do this outside of the hall - there are a couple of small parks in the area, so if you don't mind people gawking at you ;-) then that's an option. fanimecon might also provide a dedicated place (at least they used to in the past, i think). a rooftop might be another option.

for avatar, here a couple of suggested poses for your sister to practice - will come up with more later:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10978/281561-116066-ty-lee_super.jpg

http://shiningbeam.net/images/ty_lee_osaka_moment.png

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk145/rockmanexee/Ty_Lee_Full_002.jpg

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs48/300W/i/2009/156/2/4/ty_lee_by_jadenkaiba.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs19/f/2007/300/8/3/Katara__It_wasn__t_me_by_artavias.jpg

shibuya
04-20-2010, 10:24 AM
yes, tokyo is nice. here're a couple of shots of the street fashion ;)

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/180058/

btw, i had a longer post with suggestions for the photo session, but for some reason it is not being displayed - got a note that moderator needs to approve the post or something...

shibuya
04-20-2010, 10:30 AM
for some reason two of my previous posts disappeared. i'm re-summarizing them here:

re: tokyo - yes, it is fun. i uploaded a few pics of the street fashion. have not really worked through all of them and did not do any extensive editing - will post more when i get back home

re: avatar - i will send you a pm with a couple of links for suggested poses so your sister can practice a little bit. best timing for photo-shoot is in the morning (before 10am) or in the evening (after 5pm). light is better and makes skin tones more natural. the san jose hall lightning is horrible and i don't really want to drag all studio lightning to the event. also background matters - there are a couple of small parks around the area, we can try those if fanimecon does not provide a dedicated shooting area

AuberyMirkwood
04-20-2010, 11:48 AM
yep, will be there...

Sorry if that was confusing. I was just wondering because I'm going to SDCC for the first time this year and I'm thinking it would be awesome to do a photoshoot. It's just that I've never done one except with friends as my Photogragher.

Musicalpencil
04-20-2010, 03:48 PM
yep, will be there...
I too would like one at SDCC.

PsychoLove
04-20-2010, 04:08 PM
Your work is really beautiful. You will be at Anime Expo this year? =)

Aurora Maryte
04-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Lol Cosplay.com is crazy. Before your posts werent showing up just like you said. Now they are all back. O.o
Anyway, con center lighting does always manage to suck. I was hoping there were places in the area for outdoor shoots. I'm glad to hear that there are. A little walking, and gawking, never hurt anyone so if we have to walk ten blocks and have hundreds of people looking at us like we are high, it's all good. Just glad to see that you share our views on how important setting and lighting are to a good photo. :)
We are definitely not morning people, so I think evening is best. I don't even know for sure if we will be out of bed by 10 or 11 each day...though I guess that with the time change from Eastern, we would be-but better not to take any chances.
Anyway, awesome. I will show my sister the pictures you posted. Thank you so much!!

LordMoufMouf
04-20-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm interested in doing a shoot with you for Fanime, if you still have time open. :)
Have you done action/movement shots before? I tend to play athletic characters, and as a dancer I would love to do some more movement and not just static poses all the time.

shibuya
04-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Your work is really beautiful. You will be at Anime Expo this year? =)

currently planning to attend only saturday and sunday events...

shibuya
04-20-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm interested in doing a shoot with you for Fanime, if you still have time open. :)
Have you done action/movement shots before? I tend to play athletic characters, and as a dancer I would love to do some more movement and not just static poses all the time.

yes, i can do action - what character are you preparing? i do have time to include you in session. i will post schedule in a minute - take a look and decide what would work for you.

shibuya
04-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Schedule for Fanime:

Friday, May 28
Morning - no slots
Evening
7pm -
8pm -

Saturday, May 29
Morning
7am -
8am -
9am -
Evening
5pm - Aurora Maryte (Avatar)
6pm - Aurora Maryte (FFXIII)
7pm -

Sunday, May 30
Morning
7am -
8am -
9am -
Evening
5pm -
6pm -
7pm -

Monday, May 31
Morning - no slots
Evening - no slots

LordMoufMouf
04-21-2010, 12:02 AM
What about Saturday at 7pm?
I will be Princess Tutu, the Swan Lake variation. So dark, moody, tragic shots are perfect. I have never done a photoshoot in the evening before. I'm looking forward to this. :D

Aurora Maryte
04-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Oh...oh... wait, I guess I didn't say...the FFXIII and Avatar shoots have to be on separate days. -feels stupid-
Could we move the Avatar one to 7pm or so on Friday?
Sorry!!

Sesshomaru 12
04-21-2010, 01:23 AM
Hello, was wondering if I can have 2 photoshoots at Fanime:

Saturday 9am: Abel Nightroad from Trinity Blood

Sunday 9am: Yuuki Cross from Vampire Knight

Thank you :D

shibuya
04-21-2010, 04:14 AM
Updated schedule for Fanime:

Friday, May 28
Morning - no slots
Evening
7pm - Aurora Maryte (Avatar)
8pm (30min slot only, sun sets by 8:20)

Saturday, May 29
Morning
7am -
8am -
9am - Sesshomaru 12 (Abel Nightroad)
Evening
5pm -
7pm - LordMoufMouf (Princess Tutu)

Sunday, May 30
Morning
7am -
8am -
9am - Sesshomaru 12 (Yuuki Cross)
Evening
5pm -
6pm -
7pm -

Monday, May 31
Morning - no slots
Evening - no slots

shibuya
04-21-2010, 06:34 AM
Sorry if that was confusing. I was just wondering because I'm going to SDCC for the first time this year and I'm thinking it would be awesome to do a photoshoot. It's just that I've never done one except with friends as my Photogragher.

well, what character are you going to be at sdcc? some people are not comfortable in front of camera, so it is obviously up to you

LordMoufMouf
04-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Thank you Shibuya! I look forward to working with you. I will keep in touch as the con grows closer.

shibuya
04-25-2010, 05:01 PM
some people contacted me over the last few days asking if i can do a late morning session. i'm changing the 7am slot to 10am, so the new schedule looks like this:

Friday, May 28
Morning - no slots
Evening
7pm - Aurora Maryte (Avatar)

Saturday, May 29
Morning
8am -
9am - Sesshomaru 12 (Abel Nightroad)
10am -
Evening
5pm -
7pm - LordMoufMouf (Princess Tutu)

Sunday, May 30
Morning
8am -
9am - Sesshomaru 12 (Yuuki Cross)
10am -
Evening
5pm -
6pm -
7pm - canceled, need to be elsewhere

Monday, May 31
Morning - no slots
Evening - no slots

SkyWolf22
04-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Will you be going to yaoicon in Oct? My team is flying out from FL to meet up with another team in CA. It would be a great chance for all of us to be in photos and not missing someone.

Sky

shibuya
04-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Will you be going to yaoicon in Oct? My team is flying out from FL to meet up with another team in CA. It would be a great chance for all of us to be in photos and not missing someone.

Sky

yes, i will be attending on saturday and sunday only though (oct 30, 31). i don't have a schedule for this event yet, but i can reserve slot for your group. how many people do you have, and do you want individual sessions for everyone, soneone or group only?

yona
04-30-2010, 02:30 AM
hi there,

for fanime, can i take your Saturday, 8am slot? I will be cosplaying Ayumi Hamasaki from her Duty album cover ( http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs441.ash1/24357_121839084496325_100000107012382_301812_79739 56_n.jpg ).

i do agree that the lighting stinks inside the con, so i'd be down with taking pictures outside.

thanks! =]

shibuya
04-30-2010, 03:01 PM
hi there,

for fanime, can i take your Saturday, 8am slot? I will be cosplaying Ayumi Hamasaki from her Duty album cover ( http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs441.ash1/24357_121839084496325_100000107012382_301812_79739 56_n.jpg ).

i do agree that the lighting stinks inside the con, so i'd be down with taking pictures outside.

thanks! =]

absolutely! i will reserve 8am slot for you - you have some very nice costumes in the profile btw...

yona
04-30-2010, 06:37 PM
absolutely! i will reserve 8am slot for you - you have some very nice costumes in the profile btw...

ty so much!

i checked out your photos and they're gorgeous; i look forward to meeting and taking pics with you! ^^

edit: i'm unsure where you planned to meetup, but feel free to PM me with details and contact info. thanks~~

SkyWolf22
05-02-2010, 09:47 PM
yes, i will be attending on saturday and sunday only though (oct 30, 31). i don't have a schedule for this event yet, but i can reserve slot for your group. how many people do you have, and do you want individual sessions for everyone, soneone or group only?

Sorry it took a while to get back to this i got tied up. we would have 6 maybe 7 going. I think sunday is looking good for now. as for the form of shooting im not sure right now. maybe a mixture? I will PM once i know more.

Angelx624
05-16-2010, 08:17 AM
So I take you can't do photoshoots after 7pm on Saturday? ^^; It's fine if not. :)

shibuya
05-17-2010, 07:13 PM
So I take you can't do photoshoots after 7pm on Saturday? ^^; It's fine if not. :)

well, i have 7pm saturday slot reserved already and since the sessions are 1hr long, the sun will have set by the time i'm done with that session. if you can't do other slots i reserved for sessions, we can still meet during the event (somewhere in the hall, perhaps) and i can take a few pictures - not exactly a private session, but maybe that is fine for you... let me know...

amaya_JDB
05-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Do you still have a spot available for Fanime 2010?

shibuya
05-19-2010, 01:32 AM
Do you still have a spot available for Fanime 2010?

yes, saturday 10am, 5pm and sunday 10am, 5pm slots are available...

Ayame Uchiha
05-20-2010, 10:33 PM
If you ever do have the schedule up for Anime Expo, let me know please. ^^ Your photos look really cool and im interested in having a photoshoot there :3

StarlitHellsing
05-22-2010, 02:33 AM
If you're free early Saturday during Anime Expo I'm attending with a Hellsing group and we would love to do a shoot. :)

fromzombieswithlove
05-22-2010, 03:19 AM
Hi! If possible, I would like to have a shoot on Saturday please?

shibuya
05-23-2010, 07:50 PM
If you're free early Saturday during Anime Expo I'm attending with a Hellsing group and we would love to do a shoot. :)

i am planning on attending anime expo, but i have not set up a schedule yet - preoccupied with fanime at the moment. please check with me in early june, after fanime wraps up...

shibuya
05-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi! If possible, I would like to have a shoot on Saturday please?

i have only 10am slot available on saturday. if that works for you, then i'll block it for you. what character are you playing?

shibuya
05-23-2010, 08:11 PM
getting into final stretch before fanime. this is the latest schedule. a few slots are still available - grab them if you want a dedicated photo session. if not, feel free to find me wandering the hall to take a few quick snaps of you ;)

Friday
7pm: Aurora Maryte (Avatar)

Saturday
8am: yona (Ayumi Hamasaki)
9am: Sesshomaru 12 (Abel Nightroad)
10am: fromzombieswithlove (???)

5pm: Kaliea (Hinata)
6pm: Aurora Maryte (FFXIII)
7pm: LordMoufMouf (Princess Tutu)

Sunday
8am:
9am: Sesshomaru 12 (Yuuki Cross)
10am:

5pm: Kaliea (Chrono)
6pm:
7pm:

fromzombieswithlove
05-24-2010, 02:03 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't even specify what con! ><
I meant saturday (or friday) for Anime Expo, but I saw your other post so I'll check back in early June. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding!

Kaliea
05-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Actually Sunday is Hinata. Saturday is Pokemon.
Ah well, I am sure you will see when we get there. ;]

Edit: OH! Now that I see your 10 am Sunday slot is open can we just bump it up from 5 pm to 10 am the same day?
It would be greatly appreciated and give a lot of space so that my friends and I can go to the Black and White Ball on time.

shibuya
05-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Actually Sunday is Hinata. Saturday is Pokemon.
Ah well, I am sure you will see when we get there. ;]

Edit: OH! Now that I see your 10 am Sunday slot is open can we just bump it up from 5 pm to 10 am the same day?
It would be greatly appreciated and give a lot of space so that my friends and I can go to the Black and White Ball on time.

that's fine. see you at 10am

shibuya
06-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Well, fanime was a blast! Many great costumes and cosplayers. While I am still processing and uploading pictures from famine, it is time to start planning the next event. I am confirmed and booked for Anime Ex and have extended my stay. I will be attending all four days from Thursday through Sunday.

The format of sessions remains the same – mornings and late afternoons, 1hr each. 9am, 10am, 11am, then 4pm, 5pm, 6pm. While I plan on bringing my portable lightning set, I always prefer naturally lit environments. We can use any setting of your liking within walking distance to the convention, but if you absolutely desire something gothic/dark etc. you need to let me know beforehand and I would need to think of the appropriate location for that…

When you make a reservation, please note your character/series. Keep in mind that I like variety and would like to avoid doing 5 separate Naruto sessions ;)

I will try to give preference to groups of 3 or more, but keep in mind that as the slots are taken, it will be harder and harder to accommodate changes to the schedule and if you have a particularly large group and every member wants a solo shoot along with group shots, then the 1hr sessions would need to be extended, which again is hard to do when the schedule fills up…

cheers

fromzombieswithlove
06-03-2010, 01:34 AM
Hello again! ^^
I'm interested in doing a photoshoot with you (for Anime Expo)...If it is still available, could I please work with you on Friday at 4pm, please?
I hope I can work with you! This would be my second photoshoot, so I'm a bit nervous but I really look forward to working with you! Anyway,my character is The Lone Wanderer from Fallout 3.
Have you played any of the Fallout games before?
If not, the game is basically set in a 1940's-esque post-Nuclear war world...so any setting of that nature would be preferred ^^
Thank you in advance!

Ayame Uchiha
06-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Yay, im glad your going all 4 days ^^ I cant wait until anime expo!!

Im interested on having a photoshoot on Thursday at 11am. Its right after the Opening ceremony at the Nokia and an hour before the exhibit hall opens, so its perfect ^^ I just hope the ceremony doesnt run late due to technical difficulty, hehe ^^;;

I will be cosplaying as Soi-Fong from Bleach in her captain uniform.

This would be my first photoshoot period, i cant wait to work with you, your pictures are great looking :3

Thank you!

shibuya
06-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Hello again! ^^
I'm interested in doing a photoshoot with you (for Anime Expo)...If it is still available, could I please work with you on Friday at 4pm, please?
I hope I can work with you! This would be my second photoshoot, so I'm a bit nervous but I really look forward to working with you! Anyway,my character is The Lone Wanderer from Fallout 3.
Have you played any of the Fallout games before?
If not, the game is basically set in a 1940's-esque post-Nuclear war world...so any setting of that nature would be preferred ^^
Thank you in advance!

yes, that should be fine. i played fallout 1&2, but not 3 - concept is same thuogh, so i'm familiar with the theme...

StarlitHellsing
06-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the email! :) If you're free saturday at 9am that would be wonderful. We're having a hellsing group including Integra, Seras, Rip van Wrinkle, and Schroedinger. :) If you want more information on Hellsing please let me know! I just don't want to type your eyes off about the series if you already know about it!

shibuya
06-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the email! :) If you're free saturday at 9am that would be wonderful. We're having a hellsing group including Integra, Seras, Rip van Wrinkle, and Schroedinger. :) If you want more information on Hellsing please let me know! I just don't want to type your eyes off about the series if you already know about it!

nice! i watched hellsing (not in its entirety, but enough to know what's going on). i am assuming you guys would want both group as well as solo shoots? if so, we might need to extend the session from 1 to 2 hrs...

shibuya
06-04-2010, 10:36 AM

Im interested on having a photoshoot on Thursday at 11am. Its right after the Opening ceremony at the Nokia and an hour before the exhibit hall opens, so its perfect ^^ I just hope the ceremony doesnt run late due to technical difficulty, hehe ^^;;

This would be my first photoshoot period, i cant wait to work with you, your pictures are great looking :3

Thank you!

sounds good - we will have fun...

shibuya
06-04-2010, 02:37 PM

Thank you!

oops, i am double-booked at 11am - have vocaloid group session. sorry, it's getting hard to juggle schedule with both private and public post flowing. can you take 10am or maybe later slot?

shibuya
06-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Schedule so far:

Thursday
9am:
10am: ayama (soi fong/bleach)
11am: chibikkoda (vocaloid group)

4pm:
5pm:
6pm:

Friday
9am:
10am:
11am:

4pm: fromzombieswithlove (fallout 3)
5pm:
6pm:

Saturday
9am: StartletHellsing (Hellsing group)
10am: StartletHellsing (Hellsing group)
11am:

4pm:
5pm:
6pm:

Sunday
9am:
10am:
11am:

4pm:
5pm:
6pm:

fromzombieswithlove
06-04-2010, 03:01 PM
This is great! I'm very excited for the shoot. Your work is absolutely amazing, shibuya :)

Ayame Uchiha
06-04-2010, 09:30 PM
oops, i am double-booked at 11am - have vocaloid group session. sorry, it's getting hard to juggle schedule with both private and public post flowing. can you take 10am or maybe later slot?

The opening ceramony is at 10am, so i wouldnt be able to make it at 10 >< ill see if i can make it at a later time, maybe 4pm, but ill have to see ><

StarlitHellsing
06-05-2010, 12:48 AM
nice! i watched hellsing (not in its entirety, but enough to know what's going on). i am assuming you guys would want both group as well as solo shoots? if so, we might need to extend the session from 1 to 2 hrs...

If you think it would take that long, none of us have ever done a photo shoot before so we're all really excited. :) Thank you so much!

PsychoLove
06-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Would you be interested in shooting a Final Fantasy X group on Friday at 5PM? =)

shibuya
06-05-2010, 03:36 AM
Would you be interested in shooting a Final Fantasy X group on Friday at 5PM? =)

Absolutely! FF is my favorite series (played every installment) and FF-X in particular has some sentimental value - my last cosplay before I 'retired' from cosplaying was Auron ;-) Let's do that! (and now I'm tempted to dust off my costume ;))

Rinoa07
06-05-2010, 02:13 PM
If you're doing the FFX group shoot at 5 pm on friday, do you think that perhaps you'll be able to squeeze me in at 6 pm for a Lulu (FFX) shoot? Final Fantasy overload! haha

Also, I was hoping you might be interested in shooting my Revy cosplay (from black lagoon) on Sunday at 4 pm..?

PsychoLove
06-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Absolutely! FF is my favorite series (played every installment) and FF-X in particular has some sentimental value - my last cosplay before I 'retired' from cosplaying was Auron ;-) Let's do that! (and now I'm tempted to dust off my costume ;))

Awesome! Our group has a Yuna, Lulu, Rikku (wetsuit), Jecht, and Auron =) Bring your Auron costume it'll be fun!

shibuya
06-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Awesome! Our group has a Yuna, Lulu, Rikku (wetsuit), Jecht, and Auron =) Bring your Auron costume it'll be fun!

Yea, i can imagine Auron taking pictures of the buddies: 'Hey Tidus - take that pose before I smack you on the head with my sword!' ;-)

We will do both group as well as solo shots, so I'll block 5pm and 6pm slots for the FF-X session ;-)

shibuya
06-05-2010, 03:59 PM
If you're doing the FFX group shoot at 5 pm on friday, do you think that perhaps you'll be able to squeeze me in at 6 pm for a Lulu (FFX) shoot? Final Fantasy overload! haha

Also, I was hoping you might be interested in shooting my Revy cosplay (from black lagoon) on Sunday at 4 pm..?

Yes, we will do both group and solo shots for the ff-x gang. And yes, i can do your Revy cosplay on Sunday @ 4pm.

shibuya
06-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Latest schedule:

Thursday
9am:
10am:

4pm: ?ayama (soi fong/bleach solo)
5pm:
6pm:

Friday
9am:
10am:
11am:

4pm: fromzombieswithlove (fallout 3 solo)
5pm: PsychoLove (FF-X group)
6pm: PsychoLove + Rino07 + others (FF-X solos)

Saturday
10am: StartletHellsing (Hellsing solos)
11am:

4pm: Musicalpencil (Snow White)
5pm:
6pm:

Sunday
9am:
10am: ?Thia Fayne
11am: saiyanzrepublik (sasuke/naruto)

4pm: Rinoa07 (Revy/Black Lagoon)
5pm:
6pm:

PsychoLove
06-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Awesome! This is going to be so much fun! Can't wait!

Rinoa07
06-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Yes, we will do both group and solo shots for the ff-x gang. And yes, i can do your Revy cosplay on Sunday @ 4pm.

Great! Thank you very much!

Musicalpencil
06-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Hi, would you be interested in having a photoshoot on Saturday 4 pm of my Snow White Queen?

shibuya
06-06-2010, 03:42 AM
Hi, would you be interested in having a photoshoot on Saturday 4 pm of my Snow White Queen?

yes, absolutely! 4pm it is...

saiyanzrepublik
06-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Hello! My name is Ting, and I am interested in having a photo shoot with you on Sunday @ 11am if it's still available. I'll be cosplaying gender bender Sasuke from Naruto Shippuden.

Thank you ! :toothy:

shibuya
06-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Hello! My name is Ting, and I am interested in having a photo shoot with you on Sunday @ 11am if it's still available. I'll be cosplaying gender bender Sasuke from Naruto Shippuden.

Thank you ! :toothy:

sure, i'll block 11am on sunday for you

Thia Fayne
06-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Can I tentatively book Sunday 10am for a group of 3? ^^

Aurora Maryte
06-08-2010, 12:54 AM
Hey. My sister (stephhxstar is her account if you want to see all the comments on your amazing work) and I just wanted to say thanks so much for everything!!
All of her pictures came out looking so amazing. You're seriously one of the best photographers I've ever seen, and working with you was great too-you put so much time and interest into each photoshoot.
Anyone who gets a photoshoot with you is so lucky!
Everyone loves her pictures so much, she has gotten so many compliments on all the photos you(and Eurobeat King as well in the shoot he did) took.

shibuya
06-08-2010, 01:19 AM
Hey. My sister (stephhxstar is her account if you want to see all the comments on your amazing work) and I just wanted to say thanks so much for everything!!
All of her pictures came out looking so amazing. You're seriously one of the best photographers I've ever seen, and working with you was great too-you put so much time and interest into each photoshoot.
Anyone who gets a photoshoot with you is so lucky!
Everyone loves her pictures so much, she has gotten so many compliments on all the photos you(and Eurobeat King as well in the shoot he did) took.

thank you for the kind words - i also enjoyed working with you guys and it takes two to tango as they say, so you can't get a good picture without the model willing to try something new... if you're attending one of the CA gatherings, shoot me a note - would love to get you guys on camera again. btw, i still owe you two sets (one yours and one your sister's). just been busy over the last few days and will try to get them done in the next couple days...

shibuya
06-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Can I tentatively book Sunday 10am for a group of 3? ^^

sure, i can hold 10m on sunday, but two questions - when do you think you'll be able to confirm whether you want the session or not, and who are you guys cosplaying?

saiyanzrepublik
06-08-2010, 02:20 AM
awesome! thank you so much! should I message my cell number to you or how would you like me to contact you at the con?

shibuya
06-08-2010, 02:31 AM
send me pm with your cell - generally, i will send a note to everyone i'm scheduled to have a photoshoot with a couple days in advance suggesting how we can meet and recognize each other.

heeroyuy135
06-08-2010, 02:34 AM
Do you have Saturday at 5pm available? I would love to get a photo shoot in with me and my friend Ryan as the Philippines from Hetalia World Series. Please let me know, thanks.

Thia Fayne
06-08-2010, 03:27 AM
sure, i can hold 10m on sunday, but two questions - when do you think you'll be able to confirm whether you want the session or not, and who are you guys cosplaying?

Thank you so much! I should be able to let you know by the end of this week at the latest.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that! Our group is the Gramarye Troupe (Thalassa, Valant, and Zak) from the Ace Attorney games. If you're not familiar with the characters, I can provide some background and info no problem :)

shibuya
06-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Thank you so much! I should be able to let you know by the end of this week at the latest.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that! Our group is the Gramarye Troupe (Thalassa, Valant, and Zak) from the Ace Attorney games. If you're not familiar with the characters, I can provide some background and info no problem :)

ok, i will tentatively block this time for you...

shibuya
06-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Do you have Saturday at 5pm available? I would love to get a photo shoot in with me and my friend Ryan as the Philippines from Hetalia World Series. Please let me know, thanks.

yes, 5pm is available and i will block it for you and your friend...

shibuya
06-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Latest schedule (for Anime Expo):

Thursday
9am:
10am:

4pm: ?ayama (soi fong/bleach solo)
5pm:
6pm:

Friday
9am:
10am:
11am:

Saturday
11am:

4pm: Musicalpencil (Snow White solo)
5pm: heeroyuy135 (Hetalia group)
6pm: lilyun5368 (Trinity Blood solo)

Sunday
9am:
10am: ?Thia Fayne (ace attorney group)
11am: saiyanzrepublik (sasuke/naruto solo)

4pm: Rinoa07 (Revy/Black Lagoon solo)
5pm:
6pm:

heeroyuy135
06-09-2010, 02:27 AM
yes, 5pm is available and i will block it for you and your friend...
Cool, thank you very much!

lilyun5368
06-10-2010, 09:30 AM
will u b at anime expo?

shibuya
06-10-2010, 12:15 PM
will u b at anime expo?

yes, the schedule above is for the anime expo.

lilyun5368
06-10-2010, 04:49 PM
yes, the schedule above is for the anime expo.

o lol i would love for u to photograph my trinity blood cosplay saturday =].. ill only b at the expo for that day so yea =]

shibuya
06-10-2010, 08:29 PM
o lol i would love for u to photograph my trinity blood cosplay saturday =].. ill only b at the expo for that day so yea =]

sure. on saturday i have 11am and 6pm. let me know which slot works for you best.

lilyun5368
06-11-2010, 02:55 PM
6pm spunds good.PM me

heeroyuy135
06-13-2010, 02:03 AM
Can we get Friday @ 11am for a Ouran group? Thanks

shibuya
06-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Can we get Friday @ 11am for a Ouran group? Thanks

sure, that should be fine - i will pencil your group into the schedule...

shibuya
06-19-2010, 04:19 AM
latest schedule for anime expo.

Thursday
9am:
10am:

4pm: ayama (soi fong/bleach solo)
5pm:
6pm:

Friday
9am: ?sarusoka (tsubasa group)
10am: ?sarusoka (tsubasa solos)
11am: heeroyuy135 (Ouran group)

Saturday
11am:

4pm: Musicalpencil (Snow White solo)
5pm: heeroyuy135 (Hetalia group)
6pm: lilyun5368 (Trinity Blood solo)

Sunday
9am:
10am: Thia Fayne (ace attorney group)
11am: saiyanzrepublik (sasuke/naruto solo)

4pm: Rinoa07 (Revy/Black Lagoon solo)

heeroyuy135
06-21-2010, 01:58 AM
I was thinking of meeting you for both of my scheduled photoshoots at the West Hall Entrance, is that ok?

shibuya
06-26-2010, 04:05 PM
the schedule for anime expo is now closed. thank you to all for your interest in doing a photoshoot with me. my next convention will be sac anime (i will have to skip sdcc this year), although i might show up at the kin-yoobi, since it is fairly close to me... i have not opened a schedule for sac anime yet, but feel free to contact me if you want a slot...

PsychoLove
07-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Had a great time shooting with you and I cannot wait to see the products! =)

shibuya
07-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Had a great time shooting with you and I cannot wait to see the products! =)

thank you, i had fun as well - you guys had a great ff x group! i've downloaded all the pics to computer and am starting to process them (total of over 60Gb of images). i will send you a pm with instruction on how do download the images...

Ayame Uchiha
07-06-2010, 12:47 AM
I also had fun as well, even though my sandal broke in the end, haha! I really had alot of fun, thanks for giving me a cool photoshoot! I cant wait to see what they look like ;D

shibuya
07-06-2010, 02:42 AM
I also had fun as well, even though my sandal broke in the end, haha! I really had alot of fun, thanks for giving me a cool photoshoot! I cant wait to see what they look like ;D

haha, i remember your sandal flying off when you landed as we tried a jumping action shot... i hope it did not ruin the rest of your day though!...

Ayame Uchiha
07-06-2010, 02:45 AM
haha, i remember your sandal flying off when you landed as we tried a jumping action shot... i hope it did not ruin the rest of your day though!...

Haha. nah! I changed into some flats for the rest of the day, so i was fine ^^ Hopefully i can get another shoot with you in the future to make up for what happened :3 I still had plenty of fun, so i thank you again ^^

heeroyuy135
07-06-2010, 03:14 AM
Thanks for the shoots! Will come back to you next year!

Rinoa07
07-06-2010, 04:26 AM
Thank you for the shoot! You do wonderful work, I can't wait to see how the images turn out!

shibuya
07-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the shoots! Will come back to you next year!

thanks - looking forward to working with you in the future!

shibuya
07-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Thank you for the shoot! You do wonderful work, I can't wait to see how the images turn out!

thanks - you were great as chun li, and athletic characters come very naturally to you. to bad we could not do more of the shots at the staples center - those security guards apparently did not have anything better to do ;)... if we get a chance, would love to do more action characters/shots with you!

fromzombieswithlove
07-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Thank you very much for meeting with me, and thanks to the photog who actually did the shoot with me...I was so nervous! ><;

Rinoa07
07-08-2010, 12:46 AM
thanks - you were great as chun li, and athletic characters come very naturally to you. to bad we could not do more of the shots at the staples center - those security guards apparently did not have anything better to do ;)... if we get a chance, would love to do more action characters/shots with you!
Wow, you're much too kind ^_^ if I'm ever in the bay area, or if you ever happen to be in the Los Angeles area, please don't hesitate to call!

StarlitHellsing
08-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Thank you for the shoot, sorry we were nervous, we had never done anything like that before, it was an experience. :)

Her Silhouette
08-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Hello! : )

I was wondering where you prefer to do shoots in the bay area/San Francisco? I and a few of my friends are looking for a photographer for a possible Ragnarok Online shoot, and we were wondering how far we would need to travel. We're pretty much in between Sacramento and San Francisco and very interested!

shibuya
09-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Hi, sorry for a rather late reply. My work schedule has turned upside down and I have been traveling extensively over the last month or so. Right now I'm in Asia and will not be back until late September, early October. Unfortunately had to miss a number of conventions. If you don't find anyone else, please do ping me towards end of September...

shibuya
10-24-2010, 05:04 AM
I am back to the Bay Area. I will not be attending YaoiCon this year unfortunately due my company sponsoring a conflicting event, but I'm reopening private shoots, so if you are in the area and want a private shoot on location or in studio, feel free to ping me...

Zokushou
12-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Just curious, do you plan to attend SacAnime?

shibuya
12-14-2010, 01:59 PM
i am actually heading to anime la for that weekend.

Omi
12-19-2010, 02:14 AM
Oooh your going to ALA? For all three days?
If I end up going I would love to maybe get a shoot from you? xD
Your photography is beautiful

shibuya
12-21-2010, 09:16 AM
at the moment i am definitely going to be attending on saturday and very likely half day sunday. drop me a line if you end up going - we can try setting something up.

Fish.Michiru
01-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Are you going to attend Fanime 2011? I'll be going and might need a photographer for my cosplay.

shibuya
01-04-2011, 01:57 PM
yes, i will definitely be attending fanime. send me a note as your plans materialize and we can set up a session

Seifer-sama
01-11-2011, 02:45 AM
I see that you will be attending Fanime this year. Would it be possible to schedule two different photoshoots with you? I have two different series I would love to get shots of.

shibuya
01-11-2011, 05:34 PM
I see that you will be attending Fanime this year. Would it be possible to schedule two different photoshoots with you? I have two different series I would love to get shots of.

Sure. Do you want shoot @ Fanime, or before (I'm assuming you're in the Bay Area, right?)

Seifer-sama
01-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Well actually I live near Oregon, so at Fanime would be wonderful. I am assuming you probably don't want to drive. :P Thank you so much!

shibuya
01-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Ok, Fanime it is then. I will ping you close to the event date to schedule the sessions

Seifer-sama
01-16-2011, 06:09 PM
That would be wonderful, thank you! :)

Lady Valentine
01-18-2011, 02:32 AM
Will you be attending Animation on Display in SF? (Feb. 19-20)

shibuya
01-20-2011, 02:52 AM
Will you be attending Animation on Display in SF? (Feb. 19-20)

nope, skipping this year

shibuya
01-20-2011, 07:58 PM
I keep getting questions which cons I will be attending. While things can change, here's where I stand at the moment:

Definitely Attending:
* Wondercon
* Fanime
* Anime Expo

Maybe Attending:
* SF Cherry Blossoms
* ComicCon (if they finally fix the reg system)
* BlizzCon (if i manage to get a ticket, those go fast)

Definitely Not Going
* AOD
* YaoiCon

Aurora Maryte
01-20-2011, 10:55 PM
We should be going to Fanime again this year. Steph is planning to be the Courtesan from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for one of the days, and I'm planning to be the Thief from the same game. It's possible I won't finish in time though, because I'm taking super hard classes in grad school so can't even look at my fabric until the first week of May.. So my plans are iffy right now; but Steph will definitely have the Courtesan done, and is also planning to be Lightning again, but in an alternate outfit, if there's time.
(And since it wasn't done for Fanime last year thanks to my evil schoolwork, I'll bring my Jihl cosplay and can hopefully get some shots.)

Your photography is beautiful, you know we both are in awe of your skill. I've only found two cosplayers photographers from the East coast who are comparable to your own work and skill.
So, I hope we can get a photoshoot with you!!

shibuya
01-21-2011, 02:53 AM
Your photography is beautiful, you know we both are in awe of your skill. I've only found two cosplayers photographers from the East coast who are comparable to your own work and skill.
So, I hope we can get a photoshoot with you!!

That would be fun! And thx for kind words. I will ping you closer to the event date so we can set up something...

heeroyuy135
01-25-2011, 03:32 AM
Hey shibuya you going to FanimeCon 2011? I'd love to get a couple shoots with you since you did a wonderful job with the shoots at Anime Expo 2010 and the photos came out great!

shibuya
01-25-2011, 08:21 PM
sure thing! let's sync up closer to the event to nail down the times?

02-01-2011, 02:39 AM
I keep getting questions which cons I will be attending. While things can change, here's where I stand at the moment:

Definitely Attending:
* Wondercon
* Fanime
* Anime Expo

Maybe Attending:
* SF Cherry Blossoms
* ComicCon (if they finally fix the reg system)
* BlizzCon (if i manage to get a ticket, those go fast)

Definitely Not Going
* AOD
* YaoiCon

hey i know some avatar charcs are going to be there on friday at wondercon! wondering if you are free =D

shibuya
02-04-2011, 02:49 AM
hey i know some avatar charcs are going to be there on friday at wondercon! wondering if you are free =D

Hi,
I am not 100% sure yet if I can attend on Fri (work schedule), but I'm definitely attending Sat/Sun. I can pencil you in tentatively for Fri in case I manage to get there, but what about Sat/Sun - are you guys gonna be there in different costumes or not attending at all?

02-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Hi,
I am not 100% sure yet if I can attend on Fri (work schedule), but I'm definitely attending Sat/Sun. I can pencil you in tentatively for Fri in case I manage to get there, but what about Sat/Sun - are you guys gonna be there in different costumes or not attending at all?

I will still be attending but the group i am will change costumes for sat/sun i believe. Hopefully i can find other chars. Just let me know if you can the week of wondercon and thank you very much =D

shibuya
02-07-2011, 04:18 AM
I will still be attending but the group i am will change costumes for sat/sun i believe. Hopefully i can find other chars. Just let me know if you can the week of wondercon and thank you very much =D

ok, i will ping you the week of wondercon.

shibuya
03-13-2011, 03:17 AM
Schedules for upcoming cons:

WonderCon (Sat-Sun, Fri maybe)

All times open

Fanime schedule (Fri-Sun):

Fri:
1pm-2pm - taken
2pm-4pm - taken

Sat:
11am-noon - taken
4pm-5pm - taken

Sun:
11am-noon - taken

AnimeExpo (Fri-Sun, Mon maybe)

All times open

Rinoa07
03-14-2011, 01:15 PM
I would love to put in for a photoshoot on Saturday of AX! Around 4 or 5 pm if that's okay?

animenerd93
03-14-2011, 01:47 PM
I know it is soooo in advanced but my soul eater group and fullmetal alchemist group were wondering if you could photograph us for AX11. Saturday is FMA Sunday is Soul Eater, i know we have a SE gathering at 11am on sunday and we could shoot before that or after that thanks!

Aurora Maryte
03-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Okay I'm just clarifying.
Friday we're at 1-2pm, Saturday we're at 4-5pm, right?

shibuya
03-15-2011, 02:45 AM
I would love to put in for a photoshoot on Saturday of AX! Around 4 or 5 pm if that's okay?

Sure, that works... Looking forward to working with you again. Who are you going to be this time?

shibuya
03-15-2011, 02:49 AM
I know it is soooo in advanced but my soul eater group and fullmetal alchemist group were wondering if you could photograph us for AX11. Saturday is FMA Sunday is Soul Eater, i know we have a SE gathering at 11am on sunday and we could shoot before that or after that thanks!

Sure, both days work. I'd suggest 10am if that works for you and your troupe. How large are the groups, by the way?

shibuya
03-15-2011, 02:49 AM
Okay I'm just clarifying.
Friday we're at 1-2pm, Saturday we're at 4-5pm, right?

Yep, that's correct

Rinoa07
03-15-2011, 04:29 AM
Sure, that works... Looking forward to working with you again. Who are you going to be this time?
Likewise ^_^

I'm going to be cosplaying as Rogue (in her original green and yellow outfit) from the X-men series.

animenerd93
03-16-2011, 03:07 AM
Sure, both days work. I'd suggest 10am if that works for you and your troupe. How large are the groups, by the way?

My fma group is only 6, but my soul eater group has around 10?

shibuya
03-17-2011, 01:04 AM
oh wow, that's pretty large groups. i doubt we will be able to wrap up session in 1hr with that many people in each group. let's plan on 1.5hrs, so since you have an fma gathering at 11, we should probably do the session after the gathering

My fma group is only 6, but my soul eater group has around 10?

animenerd93
03-18-2011, 01:36 AM
Okay
Thank you so much in advance!!!!

Nerd Caliber
03-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Hello,

Just wondering if you have a website of your work somewhere, like in deviantart for example.

Just curious to see more of your work :)

03-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Hey i am wondering if u can do a photoshoot at Wonder Con on friday 1pm. Lmk if u are available

shibuya
03-24-2011, 04:39 AM
Hey i am wondering if u can do a photoshoot at Wonder Con on friday 1pm. Lmk if u are available

Hi,
Unfortunately, it does not look like I will be get out from work on Fri. Let me know if you want to do shoot on Sat

LadyGlitterbow
03-24-2011, 10:31 AM
I know its a little late to ask, but if you are going to be at Wondercon I would love if you could do a quick photoshoot of me and my friend. We are going as Marvelgirl and Snowbird. If you dont have all kinds of time, even a few pictures would be much appreciated! Thanks!

03-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Hi,
Unfortunately, it does not look like I will be get out from work on Fri. Let me know if you want to do shoot on Sat

will u be available in the morning on saturday? around 10:30ish? B/c i am cosplaying with some1 else and they have to change out of the costume by 1. So i guess anything from opening to before 1 would be good

Mi Feng
03-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Hey there~ I was wondering if you I can schedule a photoshoot for Fanime. I'd love to do a shoot with you with my Shion (Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni) cosplay! ^^

shibuya
03-29-2011, 12:54 AM
Updated schedule for the upcoming cons:

WonderCon (Sat-Sun)

Sat:
10am-11am - taken
11am-noon - taken
noon-1pm - taken

Sun:
10am-11am - taken

Fanime schedule (Fri-Sun)

Fri:
1pm-2pm - taken
2pm-4pm - taken

Sat:
11am-noon - taken
4pm-5pm - taken

Sun:
11am-noon - taken

AnimeExpo (Fri-Sun)

Sat
1pm-3pm - taken
4pm-5pm - taken

Sun
1pm-3pm - taken

shibuya
03-29-2011, 12:54 AM
will u be available in the morning on saturday? around 10:30ish? B/c i am cosplaying with some1 else and they have to change out of the costume by 1. So i guess anything from opening to before 1 would be good

hi,
would 1pm work?

shibuya
03-29-2011, 12:55 AM
Hey there~ I was wondering if you I can schedule a photoshoot for Fanime. I'd love to do a shoot with you with my Shion (Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni) cosplay! ^^

sure thing. what day/time do you have in mind?

shibuya
03-29-2011, 12:56 AM
I know its a little late to ask, but if you are going to be at Wondercon I would love if you could do a quick photoshoot of me and my friend. We are going as Marvelgirl and Snowbird. If you dont have all kinds of time, even a few pictures would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Would love to do a shoot with you and your friend. What day/time do you have in mind?

animenerd93
03-29-2011, 01:55 PM
so which slots for ax are mine? and thanks for gettting these in advance

03-29-2011, 02:11 PM
hi,
would 1pm work?

nvm no one i know is gonna do avatar cosplay on saturday anymore and they all moved to friday. Thank you tho!

Kortoso
03-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Unfortunately, WonderCon conflicts with another event for me this year. :(
I will be at BayCon, however, willing to use my Soul Stealer for maximum effect.

Mi Feng
03-29-2011, 11:56 PM
sure thing. what day/time do you have in mind?
How is Saturday @ 9:30-10:30?

shibuya
03-30-2011, 12:34 AM
nvm no one i know is gonna do avatar cosplay on saturday anymore and they all moved to friday. Thank you tho!

ok. sorry to hear that... let me know if you want to do a shoot at fanime

03-30-2011, 03:01 AM
ok. sorry to hear that... let me know if you want to do a shoot at fanime

kk thanks will do! hope to see you around wonder con too.

shibuya
03-31-2011, 04:49 PM
How is Saturday @ 9:30-10:30?

sure...

Mi Feng
03-31-2011, 09:15 PM
sure...
Actually would it be better if it was Monday at 11:00 am? And it will be with my Rei Miyamoto cosplay. Sorry for the sudden change.

shibuya
03-31-2011, 11:25 PM
Actually would it be better if it was Monday at 11:00 am? And it will be with my Rei Miyamoto cosplay. Sorry for the sudden change.

actually, at this point i do not plan attending on monday. things might change, but for now i only take reservations for fri-sun...

Mi Feng
04-02-2011, 01:30 AM
actually, at this point i do not plan attending on monday. things might change, but for now i only take reservations for fri-sun...

Ok thats totally fine! Sorry for conflicting with your schedule, can we stick with Saturday at 9:30am-10:30am? And my cosplay will be Shion.

shibuya
04-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Ok thats totally fine! Sorry for conflicting with your schedule, can we stick with Saturday at 9:30am-10:30am? And my cosplay will be Shion.

sure thing! i will let you know if i end up coming on monday as well, in which case we can do your other cosplay photoshoot as well...

shibuya
04-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Updated schedule

Fanime (Fri-Sun)

Fri:
1pm-2pm - taken
2pm-4pm - taken

Sat:
9am-11am - taken
11am-noon - taken
4pm-5pm - taken

Sun:
11am-noon - taken
5pm-6pm - taken

AnimeExpo (Fri-Sun)

Sat
1pm-3pm - taken
4pm-5pm - taken

Sun
1pm-3pm - taken

04-04-2011, 01:36 PM
can u make it for the avatar gathering? Saturday at 2pm

shibuya
04-07-2011, 01:59 AM
can u make it for the avatar gathering? Saturday at 2pm

i don't really like shooting gatherings because of a. too many people around, b. usually poor lighting conditions (right under the sun or in the shade or in between) and c. moving my equipment back and forth in a pain in the neck...

if you or somebody else from the group want to do a shoot though, that's cool...

EDIT: shooting a group is fine too, as long as it's not an official gathering so i can direct you guys

Aurora Maryte
04-13-2011, 06:22 PM
I just wanted to let you know, Steph and I asked some other people to be in our Saturday photoshoot, because a lot of amazing cosplayers come to Fanime, and you're a really great photographer.* So... we basically got the whole cast except for Snow so far(we kinda have a Snow but he isn't 100% certain yet)...it will be 10 people in total once we have him.* I hope it's ok!* I'll be sending you videos of cutscenes and stuff so you don't feel overwhelmed and like you have to play the whole game and memorize scenes or something.* I will bring screenshots and pictures of poses with me too.

Everyone is really excited, so I hope you don't hate us for this.* I don't know how you want to work it.* I don't know if you now need us for an hour and a half instead of an hour or what.*
I'll provide you with the list of who's in it at the end of this week.

shibuya
04-14-2011, 02:13 AM
that's totally cool - looks like this fanime i'll have quite a few large group shoots. for 10ppl, we would need more time thou, so 1.5h should be enough...

I just wanted to let you know, Steph and I asked some other people to be in our Saturday photoshoot, because a lot of amazing cosplayers come to Fanime, and you're a really great photographer.* So... we basically got the whole cast except for Snow so far(we kinda have a Snow but he isn't 100% certain yet)...it will be 10 people in total once we have him.* I hope it's ok!* I'll be sending you videos of cutscenes and stuff so you don't feel overwhelmed and like you have to play the whole game and memorize scenes or something.* I will bring screenshots and pictures of poses with me too.

Everyone is really excited, so I hope you don't hate us for this.* I don't know how you want to work it.* I don't know if you now need us for an hour and a half instead of an hour or what.*
I'll provide you with the list of who's in it at the end of this week.

biohazardchick
04-14-2011, 06:06 AM
hey, my friends and i are doing a hellsing group on friday at anime expo, and would love a photoshoot by you. what times work best for your schedule? also, on friday i will be cosplaying as majin buu and would like a private photoshoot if possible. thanks ^^

shibuya
04-21-2011, 12:31 AM
hey, my friends and i are doing a hellsing group on friday at anime expo, and would love a photoshoot by you. what times work best for your schedule? also, on friday i will be cosplaying as majin buu and would like a private photoshoot if possible. thanks ^^

how many people are in your group?

biohazardchick
04-28-2011, 03:42 AM
as of right now, officially 6, but another 5 are possibly joining.

shibuya
05-01-2011, 01:07 AM
ohh my, 11ppl... are you guys hoping to do group shoots or individual? also, similar characters or all unique? when can you confirm the final size of the group - time needed for the shoot directly depends on the size of the group

as of right now, officially 6, but another 5 are possibly joining.

shibuya
05-02-2011, 09:45 PM
With Fanime approaching, here's the updated schedule. A few slots are still available...

Friday
11am-12pm - available
1pm-2pm - available
2pm-4pm - taken
4pm-5pm - taken
5pm-6pm - taken

Saturday
9am-11am - taken
11am-12pm - available
1pm-2pm - taken
2pm-3pm - available
3pm-4pm - taken
4pm-6pm - taken

Sunday
10am-11am - available
11am-1pm - taken
2pm-3pm - taken
4pm-5pm - taken
5pm-6pm - taken

Kaliea
05-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Hey I had a shoot with you last year! :D
Can I get Sunday @ 4 - 5 pm?
I will be Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim.

shibuya
05-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Hey I had a shoot with you last year! :D
Can I get Sunday @ 4 - 5 pm?
I will be Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim.

sure thing. looking forward to working with you again

Aurora Maryte
05-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Hey I got your message. I was wondering if we could change the Assassins Creed shoot to Sunday instead. Anytime except morning should be fine. :)

shibuya
05-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Hey I got your message. I was wondering if we could change the Assassins Creed shoot to Sunday instead. Anytime except morning should be fine. :)

how about sunday 2pm-3pm? everything later that day is filled now.

Aurora Maryte
05-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Yep that works fine. Thanks!
Steph thought the day AFTER the AC gathering would be better since if we felt like asking another person or two to join the shoot we'd be able to scout out the gathering on Saturday morning and make sure they're good cosplayers first with our own eyes. If we ask them for a Friday shoot it's just them telling us online that they are good. And obviously the AC shoot can't be Saturday since that's when we're doing Final Fantasy...hence Sunday. Sorry for any trouble or confusion.

Sesshomaru 12
05-23-2011, 02:17 AM
Hey! we had a shoot last year for my Yuuki Cross cosplay. I loved the photos soooo much. Wanted to know if we can have a photoshoot on Saturday from 11am to 12??

Thank you!!

shibuya
05-23-2011, 03:22 AM
Hey! we had a shoot last year for my Yuuki Cross cosplay. I loved the photos soooo much. Wanted to know if we can have a photoshoot on Saturday from 11am to 12??

Thank you!!

Hey there! Great to hear from you - would love to do another photoshoot with you. Sat 11-12 works great. Who are you going to be cosplaying this time?

shibuya
05-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Last minute changes in schedule - pre-final with 3 days left to Fanime:

Friday
11am-12pm - taken
1pm-2pm - available
2pm-4pm - taken
4pm-5pm - available
5pm-6pm - available

Saturday
9am-11am - taken
11am-12pm - taken
1pm-2pm - taken
2pm-3pm - taken
3pm-4pm - taken
4pm-6pm - taken

Sunday
10am-11am - taken
11am-1pm - taken
2pm-3pm - taken
4pm-5pm - taken
5pm-6pm - taken

Sesshomaru 12
05-24-2011, 02:58 AM
Hey there! Great to hear from you - would love to do another photoshoot with you. Sat 11-12 works great. Who are you going to be cosplaying this time?

Yay!! I adored the photos from last year, such great quality and skills. This year I will be cosplaying Soi Fong from BLEACH, im adding wings to her outfit :)

Where should we meet?

Epiphanous
05-24-2011, 03:25 AM
I'll do Friday 5-6pm. I'll be cosplaying either Juri Han or Etna. I'm a bit of a noob, but if you're willing to bear with me I'd be super excited to work with you :D

shibuya
05-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Yay!! I adored the photos from last year, such great quality and skills. This year I will be cosplaying Soi Fong from BLEACH, im adding wings to her outfit :)

Where should we meet?

I will send you a PM later today. Looking forward to the session

shibuya
05-24-2011, 01:38 PM
I'll do Friday 5-6pm. I'll be cosplaying either Juri Han or Etna. I'm a bit of a noob, but if you're willing to bear with me I'd be super excited to work with you :D

Fri 5-6 sounds good!

Epiphanous
05-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Fri 5-6 sounds good!

Actually, would you mind changing it to 10-11 on Sunday? I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to Fanime on time Friday and I don't want to waste your time.

shibuya
05-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Actually, would you mind changing it to 10-11 on Sunday? I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to Fanime on time Friday and I don't want to waste your time.

Ok, reserved for Sunday 10-11am...

Epiphanous
05-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Thank you! And sorry about the last minute change ^^;

shibuya
06-02-2011, 02:01 AM
Fanime was a blast! Many thanks to all the cosplayers who did private shoots with me. While I'm still processing the bulk of pics from Fanime, I am now getting ready for AX, which is just around the corner. If you want to do a private shoot, please contact me - I will post formal schedule in a day or two. I also have particular interest in the following group (2-5ppl) cosplays, and will give them priority:

* Fighting cosplays (i.e. Street Fighter, MK, MvsC etc.)
* One Piece cosplay (where are you Buggy ;))
* Panty & Stocking cosplay
* Teen Titans cosplay

Fanime Collage:
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab119/av-to/Fanime%202011%20Collage/fanime-collage.jpg

shibuya
06-02-2011, 04:30 PM
AX schedule

Friday
10am-11am - taken
11am-12pm -taken
2pm-3pm - taken
3pm-4pm - available
4pm-5pm - available
5pm-6pm - available

Saturday
1pm-3pm - taken
3pm-4pm - available
4pm-5pm - taken
5pm-6pm - taken

Sunday
1pm-3pm - taken
3pm-4pm taken
4pm-5pm taken
5pm-6pm taken

Monday
TBD - I might have morning slots

HumanoidTatsumi
06-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Hi there! I was wondering if I could reserve a photoshoot on Sunday from 4PM-5PM???

RedRoses
06-05-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm interested in doing a shoot with you at AX on Sunday from 3pm-4pm.

My friend and I are doing Panty and Stocking (default versions) along with a few props here and there.

We did a shoot with another coscom photographer before at Fanime so if you want to see how we look like, just PM me and I'll send a link to photos.

I never been to AX and neither has she so we don't know good settings around the area if you can help in that regard please.

shibuya
06-05-2011, 03:08 AM
Hi there! I was wondering if I could reserve a photoshoot on Sunday from 4PM-5PM???

sounds great. i'll block the slot for you

shibuya
06-05-2011, 03:13 AM
Awesome! I know a few places around AX that might work and I will have a couple of days to scout the places. I will block the Sunday slot for you. And if you get a chance, pls do pm me a link with your costume pics.

I'm interested in doing a shoot with you at AX on Sunday from 3pm-4pm.

My friend and I are doing Panty and Stocking (default versions) along with a few props here and there.

We did a shoot with another coscom photographer before at Fanime so if you want to see how we look like, just PM me and I'll send a link to photos.

I never been to AX and neither has she so we don't know good settings around the area if you can help in that regard please.

Rinoa07
06-10-2011, 12:11 AM
I was wondering if I could switch my Sunday time slot to Saturday at 5 pm? I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it on Sunday anymore @_@ Also, it will be a different costume. Lulu from FFX.

shibuya
06-10-2011, 05:33 PM
I was wondering if I could switch my Sunday time slot to Saturday at 5 pm? I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it on Sunday anymore @_@ Also, it will be a different costume. Lulu from FFX.

Sure thing.

sonteen12
06-10-2011, 11:01 PM
May I request a shoot for 2-3pm on Friday please? I will be cosplaying Grimmjow from Bleach.

shibuya
06-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Sounds good - looking forward to working with you!

May I request a shoot for 2-3pm on Friday please? I will be cosplaying Grimmjow from Bleach.

shibuya
06-14-2011, 04:50 PM
AX schedule updated

AX schedule

Friday
10am-11am - taken
11am-12pm -taken
2pm-3pm - taken
3pm-4pm - available
4pm-5pm - available
5pm-6pm - available

Saturday
1pm-3pm - taken
3pm-4pm - available
4pm-5pm - taken
5pm-6pm - taken

Sunday
1pm-3pm - taken
3pm-4pm taken
4pm-5pm taken
5pm-6pm taken

Monday
TBD - I might have morning slots

Lady Marionette
06-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Hi there! May I take your Sunday 5-6pm spot? I'll be going as Delphine (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Susami_Masaki/11298.jpg) from Dream of Dolls that day and would love to have a chance to work with you. :]

shibuya
06-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Hi there! May I take your Sunday 5-6pm spot? I'll be going as Delphine (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Susami_Masaki/11298.jpg) from Dream of Dolls that day and would love to have a chance to work with you. :]

Absolutely! I will block the slot for you. Interesting cosplay - never seen this one... Looking forward to working with you @ AX

Lady Marionette
06-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Ah thank you! Do you happen to have a setting you would reccomend for Delphine? I've always figured a gothic/elegant location would be perfect, but I'm not familiar with the area around LACC.

Also, if you happen to still have that last saturday slot open later on, may I take that one as well? I don't want to seem like I'm hogging you, so I'm not asking now. If you're interested/still open, I'll be wearing a fanart version of Luka Megurine (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Susami_Masaki/T2wElDXelbXXXXXXXX_59374594.jpg) from Vocaloids. :]

shibuya
06-16-2011, 02:40 AM
Ah thank you! Do you happen to have a setting you would reccomend for Delphine? I've always figured a gothic/elegant location would be perfect, but I'm not familiar with the area around LACC.

Also, if you happen to still have that last saturday slot open later on, may I take that one as well? I don't want to seem like I'm hogging you, so I'm not asking now. If you're interested/still open, I'll be wearing a fanart version of Luka Megurine (http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Susami_Masaki/T2wElDXelbXXXXXXXX_59374594.jpg) from Vocaloids. :]

sure thing - i will block the saturday slot as well. i will send a pm on where we can meet @ lacc

shibuya
06-21-2011, 03:30 AM
Latest AX schedule - a few slots still available after a few last minute changes...

Friday
1pm-2pm - taken
2pm-3pm - taken
3pm-4pm - taken
4pm-5pm - taken
5pm-6pm - taken

Saturday
1pm-2pm - taken
2pm-3pm - taken
3pm-4pm - taken
4pm-5pm - taken
5pm-6pm - taken

Sunday
2pm-3pm - taken
3pm-4pm - taken
4pm-5pm - taken
5pm-6pm - taken
6pm-7pm - taken

cashewsftw
06-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Hi, would it be possible for me to reserve the 3PM-4PM slot on Friday? I will be cosplaying Celty from Durarara!!. Thank you!

shibuya
06-27-2011, 02:14 AM
Hi, would it be possible for me to reserve the 3PM-4PM slot on Friday? I will be cosplaying Celty from Durarara!!. Thank you!

Sure thing. I will PM you with info on where we can meet.

Rinoa07
06-27-2011, 03:29 AM
I'm really sorry to keep doing this, but it turns out I'm only going to be able to go on Friday this year. So would it be at all possible to take the 4-5 time slot on Friday?

RickyFromVegas
06-27-2011, 02:37 PM
PM'ed you about a time slot on saturday :D

shibuya
06-27-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm really sorry to keep doing this, but it turns out I'm only going to be able to go on Friday this year. So would it be at all possible to take the 4-5 time slot on Friday?

No problem, I moved you to Friday @ 4pm...

shibuya
06-27-2011, 04:54 PM
PM'ed you about a time slot on saturday :D

replied

RickyFromVegas
06-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Your PM inbox is full ^^;

shibuya
06-27-2011, 06:52 PM
inbox cleared, pms replied

looks like my schedule is now full - waiting for confirmation for the last two slots... will update this post if anything changes...

Thia Fayne
06-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Hey! I know this is super late notice, but if any slots open up for Friday, I'd be interested! :) You shot my group last year and the results were amazing, so let me know if a space frees up! Thanks~