PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Is Not A Boy's Name!

myiuu
04-18-2010, 06:19 PM
It seems like a lot of people are starting to cosplay from this widely popular online comic by Tessa Stone
Deviantart - http://vert-is-ninja.deviantart.com/
Comic - http://hanna.aftertorque.com/

I am even pondering cosplaying Conrad or Hanna myself ;D

Who else is thinking of cosplaying from HiNaBN???

Itemri
04-18-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm not doing it myself, but I'm really looking forward to seeing some at my next con. Especially since Tessa is going to be there!

Siemari
04-20-2010, 05:59 PM
I'll be cosplay as Hanna to Anime evolution in August :D (I was thinking {...} at first, but decided not this time XD I would rather not be covered in green during the summer weather haha x'D)
You go to AE every year right? <:

myiuu
04-20-2010, 09:12 PM
I'll be cosplay as Hanna to Anime evolution in August :D (I was thinking {...} at first, but decided not this time XD I would rather not be covered in green during the summer weather haha x'D)
You go to AE every year right? <:

I am defiantly going to AE ;D
I will have to get photo's of you as Hanna =D

FancyKetchup
04-20-2010, 10:15 PM
I'd never heard of this comic, but I recognized the art style instantly from one of my old favorites "Under Lock and Key".
Now that I've read through it though, I am definitely adding Veser to my future cosplay list <3

Siemari
04-21-2010, 02:14 PM
I am defiantly going to AE ;D
I will have to get photo's of you as Hanna =D

Awesome! X3 Sounds good~!

(Hope the wig I ordered for Hanna gets here soon~)

myiuu
04-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Awesome! X3 Sounds good~!

(Hope the wig I ordered for Hanna gets here soon~)

awesome, what wig did u get for Hanna?

Siemari
04-21-2010, 09:41 PM
awesome, what wig did u get for Hanna?

This one~ http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250603744056&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching#ht_2534wt_941

Think it'll work quite nicely <:
I love the color >U<
(I know that it has been mentioned that Hanna's hair is supposed to be more redish, but it looks a lot more orangish in the comic ;D So~I went more orange :3)

Siemari
04-21-2010, 10:51 PM
@u@ I absolutely love this series XD I have been loving her art for awhile >u< erm, anyways I'm thinking about doing Toni, ( Do I getz pointz? ) but what has me stumbling is her hair, i'm thinking about getting a black ponytail wig as a base and buying some blue stips for the rest and sewing it in. Any advice? THANKIES And I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR HANNA SIEMARI! O u O-

I was really hoping to see a Toni cosplay at some point! No one has cosplay her yet! ;0; She's got such a great design too~<3
That sounds like a good idea to me (: With the ponytail and everything. I actually don't think it would be too hard to make her little fohawk either <: Some sewing and styling and I'm sure it would look fantastic :D
I don't really know what to say for advice, other than trying to get a wig base that has a slight wave to it...? (:
haha I'm SO EXCITED to cosplay as Hanna~<'3 I was thinking about making his hammer aswell ;D
I say make, because I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be carrying around a real hammer at a con D: They might get mad at me xD

FancyKetchup
04-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Okay, so I've actually started to go through the planning stages for this Veser thing...
Are there any tricks to making my eyes appear larger? Would a contact with a larger iris do anything? His eyes are sort of his trademark :/
The rest seems simple enough though...Already working on goggles as we speak c:

(Oh, and Toni! I've yet to see anyone cosplay her~)

Gaku_X
04-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Just popped up because holy crap people are cosplaying this.AWESOME.

Siemari
04-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Okay, so I've actually started to go through the planning stages for this Veser thing...
Are there any tricks to making my eyes appear larger? Would a contact with a larger iris do anything? His eyes are sort of his trademark :/
The rest seems simple enough though...Already working on goggles as we speak c:

(Oh, and Toni! I've yet to see anyone cosplay her~)

Well, there are various tutorial for making eyes appear larger. Though it would consist of quite a lot of makeup, which to me...would seem kind of out of place on a character such as Veser XD And the idea of a contact with a larger iris...I think that would only drown out the whites of your eye. Although, that might work to your advantage for Veser (:
BUT, contacts like that are pricey D8
SO, what I would recommend is a regular pair of colored contacts...? And simply lining your eyes with black to make them pop. Colored contacts + black liner, that will be sure to make your eyes stand out <:

myiuu
04-22-2010, 12:20 AM
I'd never heard of this comic, but I recognized the art style instantly from one of my old favorites "Under Lock and Key".
Now that I've read through it though, I am definitely adding Veser to my future cosplay list <3

you can look for bright green contacts that are 14.5 mm, a normal iris is 14.0mm so its a tad bigger.

you should get ones like this ;D

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.youknowit.com/img/products/HULK-GREEN-Contact-Lens.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop/movie-contact-lenses.cfm&usg=__bVmXsDFoW3MqUKHRjcwfKt5omhM=&h=300&w=300&sz=33&hl=en&start=13&sig2=SJcXV7q3pi-_32VcXiNOiQ&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=OrDAwxADcyOYUM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbright%2Bgreen%2Bcontacts%26um%3D1%26 hl%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1&ei=KM7PS5v6NI_mtQPNjZyXCQ

HostClubOtaku
04-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Yay! I can't wait to see some more HiNaBN cosplay!
I'm going to be cosplaying Conrad at A-kon, and a friend of mine will be Toni.
We're doing the outfits from the "Next To You I'm Really Short" line up. We're kinda taking the easy way out, but with me already doing 3 outfits (which I have to get done/started in the next month) and both of us working on her wig, it's going to be hard enough xD.

myiuu
04-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Yay! I can't wait to see some more HiNaBN cosplay!
I'm going to be cosplaying Conrad at A-kon, and a friend of mine will be Toni.
We're doing the outfits from the "Next To You I'm Really Short" line up. We're kinda taking the easy way out, but with me already doing 3 outfits (which I have to get done/started in the next month) and both of us working on her wig, it's going to be hard enough xD.

yay Conrad and Toni! awesome =D
I have yet to see a kickass Toni cosplayer ;)

lol I did a closet cosplay of Worth...I might have to actually properly cosplay him now ;)
http://saiyuki-15.deviantart.com/art/Jumpin-thumpin-161658210

Siemari
04-24-2010, 02:05 AM
yay Conrad and Toni! awesome =D
I have yet to see a kickass Toni cosplayer ;)

lol I did a closet cosplay of Worth...I might have to actually properly cosplay him now ;)
http://saiyuki-15.deviantart.com/art/Jumpin-thumpin-161658210

That's so intense ;D
You make a very nice Worth (:< Closet cosplay win~

And HostClubOtaku: YAY Toni cosplay! >U< And Conrad~
But Toni, omg <3 I can't wait to see the wig o3o

MagiFox
04-25-2010, 09:05 PM
OMG. A 'Hanna' cosplay thread? YUS.

I just pre-ordered the first two books online on her etsy store but I have to pay money order since I don't have PayPal...yet. Getting them signed too. :D

I've been looking at either Hanna or Conrad for cosplaying. I'm starting to like Zombie too. Hmm...maybe it would be best to do it for a Halloween cosplay.

RyokoJesse
04-27-2010, 02:01 AM
Anyone headed to Otakon? I am most definitely interested in cosplaying a HinaBN character for Otakon, but I'm not sure which. Right now I am leaning toward Veser (or Hanna, but we already have a Hanna in our group and I am way too tall). :/ I am a rather curvy girl with large breasts...I am wondering if it's best to just give up the crossplay and go as Toni, despite her being the least interesting character to me. I would also love to play Conrad or Worth, but again they're all so skinny! D: Veser's baggy coat gives me hope. :P

Any opinions? (We have a {...} too.) Anyone else headed to Otakon this year?

myiuu
04-27-2010, 02:23 AM
Anyone headed to Otakon? I am most definitely interested in cosplaying a HinaBN character for Otakon, but I'm not sure which. Right now I am leaning toward Veser (or Hanna, but we already have a Hanna in our group and I am way too tall). :/ I am a rather curvy girl with large breasts...I am wondering if it's best to just give up the crossplay and go as Toni, despite her being the least interesting character to me. I would also love to play Conrad or Worth, but again they're all so skinny! D: Veser's baggy coat gives me hope. :P

firstly,
YOUR ICON. LMAO OMG YES. XD

sadly not going to Otakon but what about cosplaying Lamont? (or add that to your list of possible cosplay lol) Veser would be pretty wicked tho =)

Siemari
04-27-2010, 10:33 AM

I second the fact that you icon is hilariously awesome ;D XD

haha I'm doing a Hanna cosplay, and I'm pretty darn tall |D Height shouldn't be such a big deal for cosplay~;D

I say you go as whatever character you want to go as (:
Though you're right, Veser's coat could prove to be a bonus xD
(lol They are all pretty skinny, huh? XD But Worth, he's a stick |: )

Siemari
04-27-2010, 10:35 AM
OMG. A 'Hanna' cosplay thread? YUS.

I just pre-ordered the first two books online on her etsy store but I have to pay money order since I don't have PayPal...yet. Getting them signed too. :D

I've been looking at either Hanna or Conrad for cosplaying. I'm starting to like Zombie too. Hmm...maybe it would be best to do it for a Halloween cosplay.

I ordered myself the books too <3 So excited ;uuu;

{...} would be a perfect cosplay for Halloween |3

SaintQ
04-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Not sure if want. The fact there is a thread about this worries me :c

Either way I'd probably do Hanna. I'm pretty much there in the hair/fail department.

Ribii-chan
05-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Seriously. I love you all. :))))) I would cosplay one of them if I could pull it off, but alas...I am neither skinny and flat chested nor do I have the complexion to pull off Toni. (Damn you Polish genes...)

I <3 HiNaBN tho and it makes me ecstatic that people are cosplaying it.

symph0ny
06-08-2010, 03:11 AM
*attempts to revive thread*

Ahhhhhh. I'm planning on doing a Doc Worth cosplay for Anime Expo. CX
...although height wise I'd be closer to Hanna, but...I have the blond wig...not a brown one. XDD
I'll probably be walking around with a Conbat on my shoulder, since I made one the other day for fun, before I decided to cosplay. hahaha

salones de
06-08-2010, 10:02 AM
puede ver imagen de HANNA en este http://www.dressupgameschat.com/hannamontana/hanna%20montana5.jpg

HANNA es nombre de hembra

Saludos

myiuu
06-08-2010, 12:56 PM
* adds in to the revival*

Weeeell I decided to move Toni up my list. So after this cosplay I am working on, Toni is right next to come after. So i'm guessing 2-3 weeks from today I will be working on Toni. Already got her black leggings ( is that what there called? ) and will order the stuff necessary for the wig soon too. Her boots I have covered I guess the white ones, and her makeup is already settled. But! only thing I am having troubles on is her coat... http://hanna.aftertorque.com/wp-content/gallery/hannarts/outfits_ch2c.jpg anyone know where I can possibly buy a pattern for the coat? Or some place to buy a coat ( at a reasonable price ) that looks like that? sorta?.
8D Thank you whoever answers one of these questions in advance!.

@ SymP0ny: vdjmcdfewj A Worth with a Conbat?! I wish I was going to be there to take a pic D:

fff I have a pattern from the 70's that looks just like that jacket XD but im sure they don't make it anymore, but I found this pattern!
http://www.simplicity.com/p-1735-misses-lined-jackets.aspx

symph0ny
06-08-2010, 05:35 PM
@OrangePokitaru
heehee yepp a Worth with a Conbat!
Don't worry, I'm pretty enthusiastic for this costume, so I'll be sure to take a lot of pictures, and post them up once I'm done. :P

The only thing that I really have to work on for it, though is his jacket. bleeh. XD Either gotta try and make it...or find a long white coat. rrr. along with the fluff, without breaking my wallet. XD

SabienStrange
06-08-2010, 08:24 PM
wow... i'm surprised a thread for this even exists.
go figure.

anyway, after fagging out over an acquaintances amazing ringo cosplay,
she infected me with a link to the webcomic.
devoured it in less than an hour, i'm very much obsessed with it now.
i'm plotting to spit out a conrad cosplay for ax [ hopefully ].
i've got my eye on this outfit. [ link (http://vert-is-ninja.deviantart.com/art/They-Totally-Change-Clothes-137274633?q=gallery%3Avert-is-ninja%2F10358202&qo=118) ]
i think my two challenges will be his wig and his pants.
i'm thinking find a pair of white and black pants and frankenstein them together ?
as for the wig idfk

symph0ny
06-08-2010, 11:06 PM
DFKJHGDFKJHB!
Conrad for AX?! Dooo it! I would looooove to see more Hanna cosplayers there! CX
I even started a thread on the AX thread for it. hahaha

SabienStrange
06-09-2010, 03:54 PM
symph0ny : YES DOC, CONRAD FOR AX!
assuming i can find the right wig for him.
but yessss, i'd love to see more Hanna cosplayers too,
hopefully there's a nice amount this year so we're not alone.
and i'll check out that thread. C:

symph0ny
06-10-2010, 12:11 AM
hahaha at 4'10" I will easily be the shortest Worth ever, though. XD unless like...a child cosplays as him one day. But yeah. I'm so shorrrrt. ;A; XDD

SabienStrange
06-10-2010, 03:30 AM
fffff, we'll have our heights switched around, i see. xD;
but no, no, a child must never cosplay that scraggly vulgar man,
my mind would be broken forever.
either way, short or not, i'm sure you'll be awesome. o wo

CiralFox
06-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Why can't you guys go to ANext?! ><
My favorite character is Conrad.
Idunno why. I like him.
If I could, (maybe for halloween or sumthin) I would be Hanna.
Because I'm tiny. =3

SabienStrange
06-10-2010, 05:39 PM
ciralfox : lawli'msorry,
i would if ANext didn't sound like it was a thousand miles away from socal. D|
conrad's one of my favorites now too- /biased and likes the entire cast butlawlwhutever/
i think it's mostly his personality,
and the fact that he's a derp vampire.
but yes, do hanna! and hunt around for some giant... man to be your {...} o wo

symph0ny
06-11-2010, 02:28 AM
Why can't you guys go to ANext?! ><
My favorite character is Conrad.
Idunno why. I like him.
If I could, (maybe for halloween or sumthin) I would be Hanna.
Because I'm tiny. =3

I looove Conrad too!
But I love Worth most. XD
I like Worth. And then Conrad and Zombie are sorta at a tie for 2nd.
And then...well I basically love all the characters. XDD

Duuude. I would totally go to ANext...if it wasn't clear on the other side of the country. ;A;
...actually, I would still want to go, since I've never been to the East coast...but no funds. ;;A;;

I'm tiny toooo! But I probably won't do Hanna. Just 'cause I'd have to buy a new wig for him. hahaha

SabienStrange
06-11-2010, 02:30 AM
orange : lawl, are socal conrad cosplayers rare ? /feels like a rare species of pokemon
hurhur, but yes, i'm hoping to get him done.
i have most of his shit,
minus shoes, that thing he wears around his waist, and a wig.
thank you for the luck though, i'll certainly be needing it! <3

edit - worth : lawl, imma just call you this for now kay? xD;
but yes, i that's about my " character's i love " line up similar to yours,
i saw Worth and was like " oh christ... you, sir, are far more amazing than you know "

symph0ny
06-11-2010, 02:34 AM
I would think that Hanna cosplayers in general are still pretty rare...but growing! lol
When I saw pictures from A-Kon, though, I was quite pleased with the number of Hanna cosplayers.

wooo! gogogogogo
I have just about everything for Worth, too. I just need to...make his coat. *dies* XD

SabienStrange
06-11-2010, 03:08 AM
lawlworth : very true, but i think we'll have a nice turnout this year.
like, just found out four friends of mine are doing, toni, lamont, hannah and zombie for ax.
I AM SO HAPPY I COULD JUST... explode. * w*

yeeeah, there looked like there was a TON at A-kon.
one day, maybe socal will have that amount to have a legitimate small gathering for it.
ffff have fun making his coat, i totally do not envy you at all with all that fur and that.. yeah.
that's all you right there. x_o

symph0ny
06-11-2010, 05:25 AM
conrad ha-haa I shall respond to you in a similar fashion, then in order to attempt and encourage you towards this endeavor. XD *cough* anyways.

Ahh seriously! The moment I saw Worth I was like: ...this one. This is the one. Favorite. Too awesome. And then I realized that yet another Doctor character has unintentionally become my favorite. darnit! XD

dskjlhklsjdfhg!!!! Toni, Lamont, Hannah AND Zombie?!! <3 <3 I love your friends. XDD
...that Lamont will almost definitely be taller than me...but...need to take picture with...XD
We should raid Tessa's booth, with any HiNaBN cosplayers we can find. *A* XD
I got two of my friends into the webcomic. One by telling her, shortly after I finished reading it, and the other after she saw my Worth progress pictures and I posted a link to it. haha But I don't think they're gonna cosplay with me. XD They're too busy with their Vocaloid cosplays. I'm the only one who's all enthusiastic to do two costumes for two days. XD

seriously! that gathering at A-Kon looked so...big. XD I mean, small compared to most gatherings, but big considering it's a webcomic that's barely a year old. XP

And yeah. I have a pattern for the jacket itself. It's just finding...fluffy things. For his fluffy coat of doom. Bleh. There is one fabrics that can work, as a last resort at the fabric store by me...but I'm trying to find something better. XD

SabienStrange
06-11-2010, 11:17 AM
worth : lawl awesome, though i have no clue why i'm calling you this, srsly.
i'm running off very little sleep these days,
so that could explain half of this fuckery.

oho, that's because doctor type characters usually turn out awesome.
you have worth, house [ which is basically the same as worth ], hojo... i'm sure there's more.
but it's 8am, brain is still in bed.

LAWLYES. I AM QUITE EXCITE. /retardedflail
though i have no clue when any of them are wearing they're shit, so this is very much improv cosplay planning.
i dunno, i don't think our Lamont is THAT much taller than you, but yes, pictures must commemorate the meeting, that would be totally wicked. <3
i was thinking the same actually ~ now it'll just be the task of, finding other HINABN cosplayers. xD;
ffffff-you sound like you're in a similar situation as me. my friends are stuck on hetalia, which i totally love and wanna cosplay for the gathering, but hrnggggwannabeconradsobad, notknowwhatdoACK!

i was thinking the same thing,
i was wondering if there was like, a larger following over there or something.
but i agree, that is very impressive. i think it's just because HINABN is just too awesome for its own good ~

well, good luck finding the " fluffy things " xD
if you had more time, i'd suggest keeping an eye out for fur at thrift stores or something similar.
some times you'll get lucky, and you'll find that fur piece that goes on jackets as a separate piece just layin around.

symph0ny
06-12-2010, 03:31 AM
Conrad
XDDD well for doctor wise a lot of mine come from like regular TV shows rather than anime but my favorite characters who ended up being doctors too are:
Worth, McCoy(Star Trek), Hatori(Fruits Basket), Stephen Maturin(Master and Commander; movie), Wilson(House...or basically any character is a doctor technically lol), Shinra(Durarara), the Doctor(...not technically a Doctor, but its his title; Doctor Who), and there's probably more but I can't think of them. XD Ducky from NCIS is pretty cool, too, but he's not my favorite. But he's high up there. XD

XD Yeah, well I'm doing their Vocaloid group too. Which is why I'm doing Worth on Friday, 'cause Saturday I'm doing Black Rock Shooter in their Vocaloid group and we're doing like Chibi Masquerade and going to the gathering and stuff. XD But they're all sticking to working on their one costume. *shrug* XD It's most of their first times cosplaying as a character for a con, though, so I understand. lol
HNNNG if you guys do Hanna cosplays on Friday too I will looooooove you guys so much. ;A;
And then we'll mob Tessa's booth and it will be awesome. XDD

Yeah. I'm making the main jacket first, and leaving the fur part for last, so I have time to lurk around the thrift store by my house, and Wal Mart or anywhere just to see if I can find something. XD I made his saw from this picture: [http://vert-is-ninja.deviantart.com/art/And-It-Begins-164967640 the other night.

Ahhh now that all my finals are over I am very excited for Expoooo. *explodes* XD

SabienStrange
06-13-2010, 03:46 AM
worth : FFFFFFF TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT DUCKY I <3 HIM. 8D
/biased and loves the entire cast butwhtverlawl
and that reminds me i really need to watch Doctor Who.

but that sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.
i've never been to the chibi masquerade before,
then again, AX fucks they're shit up every year, so i never know where it even is. 8|
and somehow it always makes me squee to hear people cosplaying for the first time.
it's like they're unspoiled fruit or something, idfk.
well i know i'm going to the reborn gathering,
AND THERE'S NO WAY IN HELLFIRE I CAN MISS THAT GATHERING, but i'm sure i'll be in conrad in the second the gathering's over,
because as much as i love frying in pleather, lawlno.
but i'd love to raid tess's booth with ya!
maybe i can convince my lamont to come with. o wo

well good luck finding a jacket.
thrift stores might be your best bet, because lawl if jackets are totally not in season right now hur hur.
ffffdatsaw, you are not to come near me with that. B|

hogawd, i totally forgot about finals.
/goes to a retarded year round school that has retarded scheduling that makes no sense
so never has an idea wtf is going on in the sensible schooling world anymore
BUT ANYWAY, now that you've survived,
do you think you did well on them ? o wo

symph0ny
06-13-2010, 05:57 AM
Conrad Hey heeeeey!
So even though my AX thread is still pretty empty, except for like two people who've posted, I have some news from the Livejournal Hanna community!
So apparently there's gonna be a Hanna gathering, that was arranged by a person on Livejournal. Since they posted it on a Hanna community, a lot more people responded. They're planning on doing it both on Friday and Saturday. On one day, though, they're planning on doing like a dinner at Little Tokyo, so everyone can sort of hang out and eat together. They're still deciding on which day to do the big meet up on, depending on which day will have more people. Are you interested? If you are, I can keep you updated and stuff. C=

I've never done Chibi Masquerade either. Or watched it for that matter, other than on Youtube. XD But my Vocaloid loving friend is REALLY keen on doing this for this con, since she has all of us doing Vocaloid cosplays. She's so happy. XD It's kind of a boring skit, since it's another dancing one, but hey, for our first Masquerade it should be fun. XD

Oh mann! I missed the KHR gathering last year 'cause I was volunteering that day, but this year I am seriously gonna try and go to it! 'cause I loooove Reborn!

lol I'm making the jacket. I just need to buy some more material...and still look out for the fluffies. rawwr! XD

year round? huh. are you in high school or college? I think I did alright on my finals. XD Not amazing, but I have good enough grades in the classes that I think I did well. lol

symph0ny
06-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Yup! That's the post!
I'm xx_azure_sky_xx on Livejournal, so I'm also the Worth on that. XD
Oh maan I hope the big dinner and stuff is on Friday, since that's the only day I can do Worth's cosplay. XD since my Vocaloid group on Saturday is pretty inflexible. XD

SabienStrange
06-13-2010, 07:29 PM
worth : FFFFF THAT'S WICKED DO WANT!
i'm in like flynn. 8D
as far as days to have the actual gathering on,
friday may be best for me, so long is it doesn't conflict with the reborn gathering.
[ i believe that's gonna be at 2pm ]
my only concern with dinner at little tokyo would be driving.
i have a car, but i dunno if the hotel i'm staying at allows for in and out privileges
so i'll have to check with them about that.

that'll be cool!
if i can figure out where it is, i'll try to be there and cheerlead. o wo
that and i kinda wanna see what its all about too ~

lawlimissedittoo... because we were taking forever to get ready. derp.
but if you're going to it, then hopefully i'll see you there too!

you keep telling me that... and i keep forgetting.
fffffff /shotforfail
and i'm in college, i've been out of high school for a while. x_e
ah well, at least you didn't take any of them, so that's a good thing.
your GPA thanks you. xD

orange : ooh, thank you for posting that link here!
that blows about ax. D:
but hopefully we'll see you at dinner!

symph0ny
06-15-2010, 06:01 AM
Conrad
Omg I'm crossing my fingers that the big gathering is on Friday, since that's the only day I can do Worth. XD

Unless I get caught up in things and forget, I am definitely gonna try and get to the KHR gathering. XD I'm all about KHR.

pffft I got some fluffies and I'm nearly done with the jacket. I am quite excited. Except I need to get my mom to help me with something on the sewing machine, since I'm not completely familiar with it. woooo!
But I still have a bunch of costumes for my friends to work on too, so I still have lots of work to do before Expo. >u<

Ooo. A year round college? huh, I hadn't heard of that before. XD

symph0ny
06-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Heeeeellll yeah! With the completion of my jacket, my Worth costume is done! CX *wearing Worth jacket right now*

I should take some preview pictures tonight.

SabienStrange
06-16-2010, 06:48 PM
worth : same here,
'cause saturday i have a feeling i'm not changing for shit. xD;

wicked ~
i believe we're also having a potluck kinda thing about an hour before the gathering,
so if you wanna come to that and get / bring noms, go for it. o wo

lawldamnthatwasquick!
i haven't even started on shit for conrad. xD
i have to dye the wig sometime today, which will be an all day battle, no doubt. >|
but yes, please do, i'd love to see how you got that jacket to come together. o wo
and good luck making costumes for your friends too.
i swear everyone i talk to has been doing that,
ya'll are crazy. e_e

and yes, a year round school.
and it's not surprising that you haven't heard of them,
i didn't know about it until i was reading through their school schedule derp.

symph0ny
06-17-2010, 05:00 AM
Conrad
XDD I saw the thing about that potluck, but I don't think I'll go just 'cause I have no intention of bringing any food, so I'd feel bad taking food from them. XDD Either way, I'll catch the gathering, so I can get my KHR fix during the day. XD

Yeah. Making everyone else's costumes is gonna be quite the process. XD HOPEFULLY I CAN MAKE THEM WELL!!! gaaah! XD

Here's a preview picture I posted on DeviantART: http://xxsymph0nyxx.deviantart.com/art/AX-Cosplay-Preview-Doc-Worth-167937583
and another one I kinda like: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f270/stephen_maturinfan/DSC05254.jpg

The only things I still need to figure out for him is how to attach Conbat to my shoulder, other than sewing since I want to have the option of taking him off my shoulder, and make a few more prop cigarettes 'cause if I take too many pictures, or leave it in my mouth for too long...I get drool on it, and it doesn't look as good anymore. XD

Emmyla
06-20-2010, 04:50 PM
I fully intend to be Abner one day, because no one seems to do him : D

symph0ny
06-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Abner's design is pretty cool. If you do it, remember to have Paradox the ferret with you. C=

MagiFox
06-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Well, I've been a crazy girl today. While I was waiting for my beer-can chicken dinner for my dad to cook for an hour and a half on the barbeque, I re-read the entire Hanna comic up to now. And now I REALLY want to do a Vesser cosplay (probably would make it closer to Halloween, since my cosplays for Otakuthon have been filled up). His big green eyes haunt me... well, that and his crazy shark teeth. owo Does anyone have a good idea on what wig would be good to do his hair?

symph0ny
06-20-2010, 11:48 PM
I'd want to do Vesser just for the soul reason of having his jacket after I was done. XDD I love his shark jacket soooo! XD

In my Worth cosplay, his hair ended up a little longer than real Worth, and a little closer to Vesser/Conrad length: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f270/stephen_maturinfan/DSC05254.jpg
and for that I used this wig: http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_fy_love_pixie.html
and trimmed the bangs.

There isn't one in the gray color you'd need, but that's visually the length I used. Plus, it's always better to have a little longer, and trim more, than too short, yes? C=

MagiFox
06-21-2010, 12:37 AM
In my Worth cosplay, his hair ended up a little longer than real Worth, and a little closer to Vesser/Conrad length: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f270/stephen_maturinfan/DSC05254.jpg
and for that I used this wig: http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_fy_love_pixie.html
and trimmed the bangs.

There isn't one in the gray color you'd need, but that's visually the length I used. Plus, it's always better to have a little longer, and trim more, than too short, yes? C=

Hmm... I live in Canada, so Amphigory's a bust for me. >.> Any other places that have a similar looking wig that ship internationally?

SabienStrange
06-21-2010, 03:19 AM
soo... sharpie dye method doesn't work on conrads wig.
all the dye just slid right off the fibers while it was drying.
i'm trying very hard not to panic, but damn is that a challenge.

worth : that's a good point.
" lawl hi, i have nothing to contribute, but don't mind me as i mooch food from ya'll. 8D "
xD;;
i probably won't make it to the potluck either.
funds are running low, so i won't be able to make anything for it. e_e

hopefully you can too, so you don't get a chorus of " MY SLEEVES ARE FALLING APART " or
" THERE'S LOOSE SEAMS HERE N'SHIT WTF "
fffff-dude i am LOVING your makeup.
and i love that little saw. i shouldn't find something like that cute, but i do. <3

as far as how to keep conbat on your shoulder,
i know one girl who cosplayed Count D sewed in a magnet to the bottom of her plushie, and attached its pair to the inside shoulder part of her dress.
there's always velcro and sew on snaps too, that is if you're okay with either of those things showing if you ever wanted to take conbat off.

emmyla : HRRRNGABNER <3
and i think no one does him because he hasn't been introduced yet ?

magifox : huzzah, another shark boy! 8D
as far as wigs go, i'll have to dig through what i have saved link wise.
i don't think i can get back to you on that too soon though,
cramming in work for a con right now. e_e

amethystducky
06-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Adding to the fray.

I might be doing a {...} Cosplay but it depends on time constraints ( I'm working on another costume) and stuff.

MagiFox
06-24-2010, 05:25 PM
I just got a card in the mail today, noting that my Hanna! books have arrived! SQUEE!!! :D But I have to wait until tomorrow since today's a national holiday where I live (St-Jean Baptiste, to be exact) and most places are closed. But I'm just happy that the books arrived before I left for vacation next week. Here's to some reading on the train!

MagiFox
06-25-2010, 02:43 PM
GNEE!~ :D I got my Hanna! books today at the Post Office! They're so tiny and they have little sketches of Hanna in Book 1 and {...} in Book 2, but OMG, they're BEAUTIFUL. This is getting me hyped to start putting together my Veser cosplay after Otakuthon!

symph0ny
06-29-2010, 02:41 AM
Ahhh! I want to get the bookkkksssss. *grabby hands*

SabienStrange
07-06-2010, 06:20 AM
JUST got back to my house after AX shenanigans.
i managed to finish my conrad cosplay,
and it didn't look like the utter shit i was imagining it to be.
i'm much more excited that all my roommates shat out a HINABN group,
and we went to the dinner gathering arranged on LJ.
tessa has to be the sweetest artist on the face of the planet, dear gawd. D:

SabienStrange
07-07-2010, 05:17 AM
fff, that would've been awesome if you'd come,
we had a really nice hanna turn out, i was very surprised.
hopefully it'll happen again next year,
because i think that'll be the only motivation for me to go to ax again. xD;

SaintQ
07-17-2010, 11:59 PM
So I caved.
I think I will cosplay Hanna next chance I get. For the Lulz I took a picture of me with my hair pushed back and then mucked with the color and faked some sideburns, just to see what it'd look like.
http://thepriceistreich.deviantart.com/art/Dont-judge-me-171724313

I think it's a pretty good fit. XD
The next con I'd conceivably wear Hanna to would be AWA, provided I can afford to go (in the job huntin' business)

symph0ny
07-18-2010, 05:28 AM
oh wow, that actually looks pretty spot on in my opinion. XDD
If you can pull off that color, you would make an amazing Hanna. 8D

SaintQ
07-18-2010, 11:29 AM
oh wow, that actually looks pretty spot on in my opinion. XDD
If you can pull off that color, you would make an amazing Hanna. 8D

Haha thanks!
The only problem I can see is that my normal hairstyle probably wouldn't appreciate being orange. I was thinking of doing some temp dye on my unbleached hair (which is a light brown/dark blonde color) the color might not be as vibrant. I'd go the whole hog but I have job interviews to think about.

Grey Finch
07-22-2010, 12:28 AM
Oh my sweet jesus a HiNaBN thread exists CAN I JOIN IN? C:

I just finished {...} for the summer cons (Fanimoo and AX) and now I'm working on Casimiro for Ycon! \o/ Just finished sewing the wigs together, so exciteeed~

Weddell
07-22-2010, 12:44 AM
NO FINCH, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED. >8} Now try and piece together who this is. /wiggles fingers in general direction towards.

Uhm, hay guys. I'm getting out of my general habit of lurking and finally posting in places and getting involved and what-not. So, 'SUP?

I have a question, which would greatly assist me with the Veser cosplay that I am planning. Does anyone know of any awesome, bright green contacts? Circle lenses would be AMAZING to pull off his "Oh my GOD look at those HUGE EYES" look, but not necessarily required. At the last convention I was at, ExoticLenses had a booth and I saw and fell in love with the Angelic Green. However, their website looks suuuuper skeevy and I don't know if I should order from there. Oh, I also need prescription. Hurp durp I'm blind.

So, tldr; Uhm, help me make my Veser eyes pop? I've been browsing the various threads about contacts, but can't find any that really catch my interest/look the part.

MagiFox
07-22-2010, 09:22 AM
The only bright green contacts that I can find are here (but they're non-prescription) D: Color Lens 4 Less . com (no spaces and capital letters, but it was the only way without using the banned URL) under Crazy Contacts, in Manson Green. I'll be using these for my Veser cosplay for Halloween, but I might be wearing my glasses half the time since I'm nearsighted. Derp derp. ;P

SaintQ
07-22-2010, 11:35 AM
So, tldr; Uhm, help me make my Veser eyes pop? I've been browsing the various threads about contacts, but can't find any that really catch my interest/look the part.

For the color contacts + prescription problem, I suggest if you're going to a con, just to wear your glasses and then take them off for photos. ^^

Likewise, any suggestions for a good, temporary haircolor I can use to get Hanna red hair and at the same time maybe NOT get yelled at for whatever job I have by then? I think I look cute with red hair but I don't want it to be a permanent thing, and I would love to avoid bleaching it if I can.

Weddell
07-22-2010, 12:31 PM
The only bright green contacts that I can find are here (but they're non-prescription) D: Color Lens 4 Less . com (no spaces and capital letters, but it was the only way without using the banned URL) under Crazy Contacts, in Manson Green. I'll be using these for my Veser cosplay for Halloween, but I might be wearing my glasses half the time since I'm nearsighted. Derp derp. ;P

Awh. >.< Thank you, though! I will definitely look into them. If I get desperate enough, I'll just buy some colored lens without a prescription. xD

For the color contacts + prescription problem, I suggest if you're going to a con, just to wear your glasses and then take them off for photos. ^^

I've tried this before when I did Maka, and I forgot that I had them on when it came time to photos. However, I'm not totally opposed to the idea - I just feel better justifying a contact purchase if I can actually use them. Thanks, though! Also, what color is your hair now? Temporary colors are notorious for coming out looking rather wonky depending on your color. Why not just get a wig? It would last longer, and allow through multiple uses.

UNLESS you meant out of cosplay, then ignore what I said entirely.

SaintQ
07-22-2010, 05:51 PM
I've tried this before when I did Maka, and I forgot that I had them on when it came time to photos. However, I'm not totally opposed to the idea - I just feel better justifying a contact purchase if I can actually use them. Thanks, though! Also, what color is your hair now? Temporary colors are notorious for coming out looking rather wonky depending on your color. Why not just get a wig? It would last longer, and allow through multiple uses.

UNLESS you meant out of cosplay, then ignore what I said entirely.

Oh, it's a dark blonde right now and I don't think bright orange would look well as is. I considered a wig, but I don't have the funds/skills to make a lace front, which is what I'd have to do since Hanna's hair is worn pushed back. And I like my natural curl for the texture and I am betting it'll be HELL to get a wig to do that.

Grey Finch
07-23-2010, 12:51 AM
NO FINCH, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED. >8} Now try and piece together who this is. /wiggles fingers in general direction towards.

BAWW /cries forever. Oh lol gee I wonder who |Dc

I know you mentioned you're a little tentative to buy contacts from sites that don't show them in someone's eye, but give pinkyparadise.com a try! I've heard great things about them from friends and they look really good in person from what I've seen. Plus they're hella cheap and come in prescription! Here's the green selection (http://www.pinkyparadise.com/webshaper/store/viewCat.asp?catID=6).

I'd recommend fashion-contactlenses.com but they only come without prescription so... save that as a last resort. |Db

Weddell
07-23-2010, 02:36 AM
BAWW /cries forever. Oh lol gee I wonder who |Dc

I know you mentioned you're a little tentative to buy contacts from sites that don't show them in someone's eye, but give pinkyparadise.com a try! I've heard great things about them from friends and they look really good in person from what I've seen. Plus they're hella cheap and come in prescription! Here's the green selection (http://www.pinkyparadise.com/webshaper/store/viewCat.asp?catID=6).

I'd recommend fashion-contactlenses.com but they only come without prescription so... save that as a last resort. |Db

Baaah, thank you. <3 You're my hero. I will definitely look into them. plus, when I'm not so tired, I'll do a little searching tomorrow to see if there are any pictures posted here of them. =]

SaintQ
07-23-2010, 04:37 PM
I think I'm just going to man up and make my hair a more natural ginger. If it does indeed need some amping up, that's what photoshop is for. >_>
Problem solved. But I'm not going to dye it any time soon though. In the meantime....I have nothing. Maybe I'll make my rune hammer in the meantime.

Bonus!
I have a [...] coming with me to AWA.

Grey Finch
07-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Baaah, thank you. <3 You're my hero. I will definitely look into them. plus, when I'm not so tired, I'll do a little searching tomorrow to see if there are any pictures posted here of them. =]

Fo sho ;D Just checked and some of the contacts actually do have photos of them in, but not all of them. But ya I've been on the hunt for a single white no-pupil contact that won't set me back 70 bucks, so I've been buried in contact websites. XD Thought that might help you out C:

SaintQ
07-25-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm suggesting Mehron for my [...]'s make-up, anybody think this is good or have any other suggestions?

He's being fussy and won't get a wig, so we'll see how this works out. >_>

Hee-Hee
07-25-2010, 03:30 PM
I gotta leap into this thread somethin' fierce!

I'm slowly getting caught up on the comic and every time I look at Hanna I want to try to do his hair in wig form sooo baaaad. It'd give me a reason to practice ventilating, too! And I'm small 'n short, so I'd fit his body type. D:

Keep up the awesome work, everybody~

Grey Finch
07-25-2010, 04:22 PM
SaintQ: I don't have any experience with Mehron, but I used Ben Nye for mine. Their Magicake stuff is easy to put on consistently and blends well with other shades for contouring! Just a suggestion~ :3 Also their makeup sealer works really well.

Hee-Hee: Aaaah you'll make an awesome Hanna! Please do it! *u*

SabienStrange
07-27-2010, 03:49 AM
so i was looking through my cosplay accessory " closet "
and out pops this gas mask.. respirator... thing i forgot i'd bought for hell knows what project.
it looks something like this: http://www.obscuria.com/mas_assets/full/DM-NWR.jpg
but without all the gothy crap on it.

i know it looks NOTHING like his,
but would it look okay if it was used in an abner cosplay ?
[ we could pretend... he'd have something like this... for when times get real... " sticky " ... idk ]
my only other obstacles would be the wig and the fact that i have no clue how to make plushies.

Lalet
07-27-2010, 12:37 PM
WELL HI THERE. I didn't even know this thread existed! :3

This comic is amazing. I've been pretty much devouring all the fan works I can find while I wait for updates. >w> My favorites are Conrad, Doc Worth, and Abner, even though he's not technically in the comic yet. But it's okay, he's so cool that it doesn't matter. I mean, look at his last name. YOU DO NOT DENY A MAN WITH A LAST NAME LIKE VANSLYK. Just wondering, but are any of you planning on attending Anime Boston? It's the only con I can go to right now, and you have no idea how happy I would be to meet up with some other HiNaBN cosplayers. <3

Hee-Hee - Yes! Short people unite! I'm 20 and I'm only 5 feet ._.

Sabien - I'd say go for it! Anyone who knows Abner knows that he's likely to have at least one gas mask in his possession - and probably a teeny one for Para. XD I think a gas mask like that is actually close enough in concept to his mask that it would work. If anybody gives you crap about it, you can just label them UNSAFE and attack them with cleaning supplies. As for Para and the wig, I believe there are some tutorials on this forum that could be useful ^^

SabienStrange
07-28-2010, 01:34 AM
Lalet : its true, you can't deny the pure awesome of a man with a last name Vanslyk.
he's the next James Bond... totally.

unfortunately anime boston is too many states away from me /socalbro,
so i won't be attending that awesome con i've heard so much about and want to go to now. D:

lawl! oh god, i SHOULD carry around a bottle of febreeze and spray people with it. xD
[ lord knows some of us could use a bit of febreeze... showerplz ]
but anyway, i think i just may.
it's too cool looking to NOT use.
and i'll hunt around for tutorials, ormaybeconsomeoneintomakingaParaformelawl

Moonlit Child
07-28-2010, 01:52 AM
Sabien-- any army/navy stores near you? Might try your gasmask luck there, although a medical supply store might work better. I'm sure you'll be able to find something decently accurate.

I've been flip-flopping between cosplaying either Hanna or Lamont-- Hanna because I have a big thing for gingers and Lamont because I can pull it all out of my closet, either way, I'm making something from this series. I'd do {...} but my make-up supply is sadly low.

Weddell
07-28-2010, 12:35 PM
OH SNAP SO MANY PEOPLE. First off, HEY GUYS. Definitely glad to see more people getting on the forums here. Now, you all just need to join the official forums/tell me what your forum names.

Aw, Lalet - Shorties are adorable, though. 8D I'm .. I think I'm about 5'7". Comparing height recently with my friends has told me that I'm taller than my original thought of 5'5".

Sabien - I would say, short term, that mask would work. However, if you plan to cosplay Abner more than once, you would want to do something that looks slightly more like the original. You probably won't even be able to find something JUST LIKE the original, but for a long-term cosplay, I think a different mask would be in order. Maybe something like this (http://www.amazon.com/3M-6300-6000-Facepiece-Respirator/dp/B001BXRM5Q/ref=sr_1_36?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1280334673&sr=8-36) or this (http://www.amazon.com/3M-6100-Small-Facepiece-Respirator/dp/B000GULTRW/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1280334635&sr=8-15)? Just paint them up to match. It's a little more like his, since it doesn't have the sides sticking out.

What bothers me about his mask is that it looks fancy, but appears to just be attached by string, from the height reference picture. I don't think a simple medical mask would work, because it doesn't look like that. Bah!

Moonlit - I would love to see both Hanna and Lamont. D: Uhm. I think the fandom needs more Lamonts. 'Cause he's awesome. And there aren't enough. /horrible at helping in any way what-so-ever.

SabienStrange
07-29-2010, 05:23 AM
hollyballs...
i'm not used to people actually responding to my cosplay questions with advice. o _O

moonlit : sadly, the closest one to me is in riverside,
but for some reason they're always closed when they're hours clearly state them as being open. D|
but as for medical supply stores, i think i may have better luck there.
there's pharmacies all over the place around here.

AND I THINK... you should do Lamont... because there is not enough Lamont... and he's awesome and... /failing
and you could carry around a box full of medical blood and have all the Connie's jump around for it like you were at Sea World feedin Orcas. 8D

.... ohgawddangit [ terrible idea for a sketch brb ]

weddell : /lurks the official forum too.
i go by sabienstrange there as well. C:

yes, short term wise, i was going to go with what i had.
i wasn't sure how expensive a mask like that was going to be, so i was wingin it.
/expects everything to be expensive when it comes to cosplay... which it usually is.
BUT 7.99 ? oh so delicious ~ now that, i can do.

and i'm glad i wasn't the only one that took note of that and lolwut'd about it.
took me about an hour of trippin' out about the straps on my mask being larger than the " straps " on the artwork till the question of " does this even make sense ? " started cropping up. xD

Moonlit Child
07-29-2010, 11:30 AM
[size="1"]
AND I THINK... you should do Lamont... because there is not enough Lamont... and he's awesome and... /failing
and you could carry around a box full of medical blood and have all the Connie's jump around for it like you were at Sea World feedin Orcas. 8D

.... ohgawddangit [ terrible idea for a sketch brb ]

That and that alone has convinced me to cosplay Lamont, thank you! <3 I seriously laughed out loud just now.

I'd need a Worth to kick around though...thankfully I know several grouchy blonds up to the challenge. hahaha.

Glad I could be of service!

symph0ny
07-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Ahhh I saw all that conversation about being short, and I'm turning 20 this year and I'm not even 5 feet. BAWWWWW! *cry**cry* XDDD

Hurrrm I have no Hanna related cosplays for this year, but I do totally want to make a plushie of puppy!werewolf!Toni! SO CUTE! ;A; I actually have all the fabric for a slightly inaccurate one, 'cause the main blue is to...blue and not teal enough. It's tempting to just start, but imma wait 'til I can find a more accurate blue for her body. XD

I want to make a modified Vesser coat, though just for fun. SHARK COAT DO WANT.

Lalet
07-29-2010, 12:30 PM

I ROFL'D AT THAT

Yay, more short people! <3 I don't really mind my height now, but when I was like 14, I used to get SO mad. Once I was trying to get these free Listerine strips samples from this booth at Wal Mart, and the lady wanted my 'mommy's' permission before she would give me one because she thought it would be too intense for me. But she let my taller (and younger) friend have one, no problem. APPARENTLY YOU WERE WRONG, LISTERINE. GERMS CAN'T HANDLE IT AND NEITHER COULD I. u__u

(I totally got one after much laughing from my friend though)

I'm using my height to my advantage now and going as Conbat to AB, alongside that same friend who will be going as Sassybat. 8D We're going to get high-pitched voice changers and everything. <3

Moonlit Child
07-29-2010, 02:38 PM
You see, if I cosplayed Hanna I could use my height to my advantage (and have an excuse to dye my hair red) but there do need to be more Lamonts in the world. haha Besides, boot can add a few inches.

Also, lol @ human sized Conbat and Sassybat--sounds like a load of fun!

Weddell
07-29-2010, 03:29 PM
weddell : /lurks the official forum too.
i go by sabienstrange there as well. C:

yes, short term wise, i was going to go with what i had.
i wasn't sure how expensive a mask like that was going to be, so i was wingin it.
/expects everything to be expensive when it comes to cosplay... which it usually is.
BUT 7.99 ? oh so delicious ~ now that, i can do.

and i'm glad i wasn't the only one that took note of that and lolwut'd about it.
took me about an hour of trippin' out about the straps on my mask being larger than the " straps " on the artwork till the question of " does this even make sense ? " started cropping up. xD[/size]

SWEET. I lurk the forums and occasionally post, but I don't really have much to contribute so I'm normally quiet. I go by Weddell on there as well.

I know what you mean. The most expensive part about my Veser outfit is going to be a toss up between the teeth, or the contacts. ee; I hate being blind. I still need to get a check up and ask the doctor if it's okay if I double up on lenses. I've read about people doing it. That's a good question to ask, here.

Has anyone that's needed prescription contacts doubled up with plano lenses and worn both at the same time?

Anyway, I hope everything works out for you, Sabien! 8D

SaintQ
07-29-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't think you should ever double stack contacts, just in case.

MagiFox
07-29-2010, 07:02 PM
The most expensive part about my Veser outfit is going to be a toss up between the teeth, or the contacts. ee; I hate being blind. I still need to get a check up and ask the doctor if it's okay if I double up on lenses. I've read about people doing it. That's a good question to ask, here.

Has anyone that's needed prescription contacts doubled up with plano lenses and worn both at the same time?

For my upcoming Vesser cosplay, I'm actually going to use tooth paint to make my teeth look shark-like (miyuu did an amazing job of painting her teeth for her Soul cosplay) or make a throw-away Sculpty teeth mold (a Soul Eater cosplayer made some AWESOME Soul teeth). If I REALLY want to save $60 for veneers from Dental Distortions (or Dr. Blukk), I would do it since there's a few tooth-related cosplays I will most certainly reuse them for (i.e. Grell, Soul, Viral) But for now, I'm cheap since it's soon going to be time to save money for textbooks for school. XD

As for doubling up on lenses, I have no experience in that field as my eyes aren't too bad to wear plano lenses, but I think it is a good idea to ask your optometrist before you accidentally do something that might damage your eyes.

Weddell
07-29-2010, 07:18 PM
MagiFox & SaintQ - I will definitely check in with my optometrist. If not, then I'm definitely going to be shelling out some good cash for contacts. xD

I went ahead and bought the veneers from DD. Sixty dollars wasn't too bad in my opinion, since I saw someone on the Hanna forums trying to sell their Veser teeth for upwards of $200. Yeah. I didn't want to use sculpey, because from what I've read, it isn't the best thing to have in your mouth and it tastes bad. I wouldn't be able to make my teeth look awesome with the paint. 8C So, $60 veneers for me!

MagiFox
07-29-2010, 07:45 PM
What kind of DD veneers did you buy for Vesser? The limited edition "Grell" ones? oWo *is curious now, in order to bug Dad to buy them as a 2 month early b-day gift*

Weddell
07-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Yup! I bought the Grell ones. 8) I still haven't received them in the mail and ordered them about 10-11 days ago. So, I'm not sure how long it takes to get here. The total came to 69 something and some odd change with shipping included.

SaintQ
07-30-2010, 01:29 PM
$200 dollars? That's a rip-off.

Anyway, looking for decent fabric to patch together a taxi shirt.
Waiting for money so I can buy some fake glasses as well.
I feel like all the Hanna cosplayers are on the other side of the country.

Weddell
07-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Where do you live, SaintQ? 8| All of the Hanna cosplayers I know live on the west coast, and I'm stranded in the midwest. It makes me super sad.

So I'm actually making it a point to go out to AX next year.

EDIT: I'm also going to throw a mini rant in here. Why is there no contact thread for light eyes? Yeah, it's important to see how they would show up on dark eyes, I understand. BUT. D: I'm in the dark. My eyes are LIGHT GREEN. I don't know how those AWESOME looking lenses that show so well on dark eyes are going to look on mine. AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON CIRCLE LENSES. /sits in corner.

Tiny 'cause my rant has no real point but I feel better. >8(

SaintQ
07-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Where do you live, SaintQ? 8| All of the Hanna cosplayers I know live on the west coast, and I'm stranded in the midwest. It makes me super sad.

I live in Virginia. Fuck yeah East Coast.
But I'm too poor to go to Otakon and I can go to AWA for way cheap because I got friends in Atlanta who'll let me stay at their apartments rather than chucking out money for a hotel.

SabienStrange
08-07-2010, 02:31 AM
moonlit : AAAWEEESOOOMME ~ !
i'm glad that crack has convinced you of lamontness,
because that's all this fandom does is spew crack. xD

and good luck finding a worth to have man battles with.
there should be a decent amount of blondes willing to look skuzzy for a day ~

WORTH : because... i've just gotten too used to calling you worth otl.
and its okay, short isn't that bad.
at least you can use people as meat shields ? xD;

and i'm glad i'm not the only one that saw veser's shark hoodie and wanted to make it,
just to have it. that thing's BAMF!

Lalet : glad i could make ya lol 8D

AND OH SWEET MUFFIN JESUS, YOU'RE DOING A CONBAT, IF ONLY I COULD...
HUG YOU... that is the most adorable cosplay idea in the creation of adorable,
you simply MUST spam pictures of the two of you here. D:

Weddell : oh sweet! and the same name will make you easy to find. 8D
that is if i find you at random, since you don't post much lol.

yeeah, you're probably right there, but most veser's i've seen use acrylic nails for the teeth.
its just getting them to stay " stuck on " for a while with the denture stuff.
there may be some other.. teeth adhering method that works better, but i wouldn't know of it as i haven't looked. xD
as far as doubling up contacts goes, i've heard of it, and i'd probably avoid doing it.
just... something about putting two things in your eye...
it's like putting one finger up your nose. one's fine, but jamming two in there ?
then things get srs.
if you have regular glasses, just cart those around and take those off for pictures.
its what i do... oh wait, except i'm conrad, so i don't really have to take them off [ OH HAPPY... DAY... AAH/sob ]

and thank you! i'm honestly just worried about having to make the furret.... [ furret ?
ferret... godwtf ] ferret plushie.
if i could just smuggle in a live one. all my problems. solved.

/wall of text
i know, i'm sorry.
shutting up now. e_e;;

SaintQ
08-22-2010, 07:27 PM
I've done nothing! I got crepe wool for my sideburns. And actual glasses.

And my boyfriends getting his zombie paint. We're going with the current title's variations.
Dear god finding a striped polo that fits that's not fucking 16 bucks is ridiculous. I guess I'll hit up a Goodwill tomorrow.

Weddell
08-24-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm digging that Toni wig! Wigs can be super tricky to style, which is why I haven't attempted anything super crazy. xD

My Veser teeth, to my knowledge, still haven't arrived. Which makes me super sad. My friend is going to help me make the hoodie, though. So I'm super excited.

SaintQ
08-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Did I mention how crazy finding a polo is? Once that gets here, I'll be done! :|

Did more photoshop dicking around, but I already posted that garbage, so I won't do it again. Talking about progress with street clothes is boring.

Are any Hanna fans hitting up AWA? Or will I be so ronery?

edit:
Just found out DingyNinja is going to be there.
OH fuck. Now I'm gunna feel ultra inadequate! XD

Weddell
08-25-2010, 08:14 PM
I loooove her. She's so nice and awesome to talk to.
Her Hanna is one of my favorites, that's for sure. Don't feel inadequate! D:

I have a few cons in mind, mostly ACross, Ohayocon, and like .. possibly Anime North.

Yuigasho
08-28-2010, 12:44 AM
I'm going to be cosplaying Toni or Abner to either Tsukino-con or AE next year.. it depends when the group gets together, and when the costumes are finished :P

Siemari
09-02-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm going to be cosplaying Toni or Abner to either Tsukino-con or AE next year.. it depends when the group gets together, and when the costumes are finished :P

I'll be bringing my Hanna cosplay to Tsukino con [: So I'll see you there! <3

mezil
09-13-2010, 11:56 PM
I finished and wore Abner at animeFEST this year. 8D It was fun, I had a Veser and a Conrad. We were a rather random group, but whatever. The rest never showed up.
I plan on cosplaying zombie at a later con this year. My friend and I act just like Hanna and zombie, so it was unavoidable. >>
Yay.
xD

Grey Finch
09-14-2010, 04:01 AM
Ahhh sooo excited, at long last I've finished my Casimiro jacket and my blind contact came. I just wanna get in it and run around right now. XD

Anyone here going to Ycon in October by chance?

Yuigasho
09-19-2010, 03:40 AM
I'll be bringing my Hanna cosplay to Tsukino con [: So I'll see you there! <3

HOORAY! :D So stoked >.<:spinner:

plastisine
09-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Heyy, guys! Throwing myself into this one. This is such an awesome comic; I really can't get enough, haha. I'm planning on cosplaying Worth for Youmacon and probably AUSA this year, if anyone's heading those directions.

Those of you who are Worth cosplayers, is there a particular pattern you'd recommend or did you draft your own? I have a decent jacket pattern that I think will work okay, but I figured I'd come ask the pros first. ;>

adrawer4ever
10-27-2010, 04:15 AM
THERE IS A THREAD FOR THIS? Oh man, that's so rad. Um. Yeah.

So I've been cosplaying Conrad for a while with some friends as other characters (most recently at Nan Desu Kan in Denver). Uh, and yeah, I have no idea what else I should say other then this is so cool and good luck to all the cosplayers out there!

EDIT: Also. Shot in the dark. Anyone have suggestions for reshaping noses? I've experimented with nose wax and liquid latex, but I ran into issues and I have a feeling I'm probably Doing It Wrong. :[

SaintQ
10-27-2010, 08:33 PM
I <3 your Conrad. I found it googling Hanna cosplay. Best I've seen.

Hanzo187
10-30-2010, 12:17 AM
I only got into the comic a few months ago, but I like it and am strongly considering doing {...}, since a friend already has a Hanna cosplay.

Jacaranda
11-04-2010, 03:23 AM
Well, I think I surprised myself a bit. Went through all the available chapters over a few hours today and yesterday. And now I have an order for a Hanna base wig processing.

No, I'm not quite sure how things progressed so quickly, either.

I think I'll end up using these tutorials for the front of the wig; with luck, the excess that I cut off (quite a bit since I'm getting an Angela 750) can be used to construct the front and the sideburns.

http://ninja-chi.deviantart.com/art/Wig-Ventilating-Tutorial-156004136?q=favby%3Aindulging-inaccuracy%2F38898704&qo=0
http://ninja-chi.deviantart.com/art/Axel-Widow-s-Peak-Tutorial-1-156003143

Neeeeever done a pushed back wig before, or done ventilating. Lulz, did I recklessly get in over my head? At least that much is in character for Hanna...

*edit* Maybe, just maybe, or maybe not. I've just spent the past 3+ hours practicing ventilating on a scrap of tulle with some spare extensions. Oh god Hanna's sideburns and widow's peak are going to take forever, but at least I've figured out how to do this with out growling in frustration anymore.

krys-chan
11-14-2010, 11:37 PM
*glances at thread*

Although I have not read the entire comic, I am going to cosplay Adelaide. My friend is doing Hanna.

My Adelaide Cosplay, a complete WIP thus far (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/337701/)

I'm still working on it but from just reading the "Sassy Bat" chapter, it looks like a fun comic :)

Jacaranda
11-15-2010, 11:52 PM
Nice! Are you going to do her black tube dress outfit?

Derpaderp, I started cutting my Hanna wig last night. I'm taking the process slowly since it's the first time I've ever cut a longer wig into a boy style. Pincurling, hairspraying, and combing seems to give the desired hair texture I'm going for so far; I'm starting from the back and working my way forward so I'll have some hair to work with when I start the sideburns and widow's peak.

The thing that I'm having trouble interpreting is Hanna's little... hair horns, for lack of a better word. Those little curled locks of hair near his temples. I'm mostly working off of this as a reference.

http://vert-is-ninja.deviantart.com/art/Hanna-Is-Rainbows-144699842

Those horn-curls. What are they doing? .___. It looks like they go up and out, but depending on the angle they seem to be doing something else entirely... whaaa? Anyone have input on this?

SaintQ
11-16-2010, 12:09 AM

Derpaderp, I started cutting my Hanna wig last night. I'm taking the process slowly since it's the first time I've ever cut a longer wig into a boy style. Pincurling, hairspraying, and combing seems to give the desired hair texture I'm going for so far; I'm starting from the back and working my way forward so I'll have some hair to work with when I start the sideburns and widow's peak.

The thing that I'm having trouble interpreting is Hanna's little... hair horns, for lack of a better word. Those little curled locks of hair near his temples. I'm mostly working off of this as a reference.

http://vert-is-ninja.deviantart.com/art/Hanna-Is-Rainbows-144699842

Those horn-curls. What are they doing? .___. It looks like they go up and out, but depending on the angle they seem to be doing something else entirely... whaaa? Anyone have input on this?

I think they curl forward.
I am eager to see this progress as I have yet to see a really good Hanna wig.

Jacaranda
11-16-2010, 03:36 AM
Hm, thanks. I think I've got kind of an idea of how they work now. Kind of forward and twisty-ish... Hanna's hair makes about as much sense as Hanna does.

Lol, I hope I can meet the expectations. xD I tried on the wig a little while ago to make sure I hadn't cut too much off of the back; I think I need to work on cutting/shaping the back a little more, but that'll probably come after I've got the lace front in (which will come after taking the initial chops off the top, agh there's so much to do still).

Cosplay.com's photo uploads were giving me a headache, so have some dA instead.

http://indulging-inaccuracy.deviantart.com/art/Hanna-wig-progress-186365067

Artist's comments for full scoop. Oh, and Hannaface in third pic. xD

krys-chan
11-16-2010, 06:51 AM

I was going to try to do her sweatshirt dress with the green sleeves if possible :3

Jacaranda
11-20-2010, 03:47 AM
Ooh, that'll be cute. Just don't forget volleyball shorts or something. xD They are your best friend if you need to go up stairs, trust me.

I did some shopping this week and managed to get Hanna's shoes, and most of the things I need for his Let's Drop the Bomb (http://vert-is-ninja.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2kgip3) outfit, sans the red polo. Looks like I'll have to order a kid size since all the ones I've been finding locally are way too big for me, even the smalls. Tomorrow I'm planning on prewashing the hoodie and painting it, and starting on the lace front for the wig; I've got the mesh cut and pinned to the head, at least.

On another note, is anyone planning on wearing their HiNaBN cosplays to Anime Los Angeles? I'm wondering if there's enough interest and participants to organize a gathering, since the time slots are starting to fill up fast (Saturday's almost entirely booked, I think).

SaintQ
11-20-2010, 03:22 PM
How's the wig looking, Jacaranda? I'm anxious to see because now I need to make one in time for Katsu because I want to dress my boyfriend up as Conrad. XD

I was going to use a different tutorial for the widows peak because I'm sewing retarded.
As fun as using my real hair was, I don't think I make a good ginger.

Jacaranda
11-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Haha, slowly? I had two false starts when starting on the lace front this morning due to various reasons (mostly marking the mesh wrong, and then realizing it would be better if I didn't mark directly on the mesh at all). I took pictures while working on the top half of the wig; I think I'll upload and compile those before I try tackling the hairline again. I'm having trouble getting the hair as curly/wavy as I want it to be on the top by using pincurls (due to fiber differences? more on that later), so I might switch to foam rollers or smaller curls.

It's actually been a pretty fun project overall. I thought it was going to give me nightmares in the beginning. xD

*edit*
Progress shots~ No collage on dA this time because I don't think it's enough of a change to warrant one.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/cosplay/hanna%20wig/DSCN1608.jpg

Pretty much what the wig looks like right now. I've done most of the styling on the top and separated out the hair that will be styled along with the lace front; you can also kind of see where I've separated out two locks for his hair-horns (which makes so much more sense now considering that {...}'s got "wings"). I'm holding off on any more cutting until I've made the preliminary cuts to the front, but I did a little hand-shaping just to make sure that thing were mostly right. Still not enough curl on top, I think.

As for how I got there...

-Section off (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/cosplay/hanna%20wig/DSCN1579.jpg)
-Cut (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/cosplay/hanna%20wig/DSCN1582.jpg)
-Make pin curls (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/cosplay/hanna%20wig/DSCN1593.jpg), then apply moderate to large amounts of hair spray and carefully monitored amounts of heat. The fiber should be barely hot enough to be uncomfortable to the touch, but no hotter for safety's sake (i.e., you'll risk frizzing the wig in the bad, nearly unrepairable way otherwise). Also, making the curls might take a while; there are 36 in this picture, and I probably made anywhere from 20-30 when I was working on the lower half of the wig
-Undo pin curls (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/cosplay/hanna%20wig/DSCN1595.jpg) later; I took a break for food, then came back and removed the pins.
-Break up the curls (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/cosplay/hanna%20wig/DSCN1596.jpg) with your fingers or the tail of a... ratting comb? Can't remember what they're called. Break up any major clumps and go through it with your fingers or a wide tooth comb
-And it should look something like this (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/lycoris128/cosplay/hanna%20wig/DSCN1597.jpg). This is before shaping and adjusting the ends of the layers. Still NEEDS MOAR CURL

TL;DR: Starting to kinda sorta look like Hanna, WOOHOO.

SaintQ
11-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Ah! Okay. It really is looking pretty good. I got my wig from ayanamisotoru and it's already got choppy layers in the back but I am going to curl and twist them a little more and put in some volume.

Thanks for the step-by-step. How long has it taken to ventilate the hairline/widows peak. I know in the Axel tutorial it said it took her about 6 hours, but Hanna's peak is certainly less severe than that. (I just realized that you just handstitch things and I'm not THAT sewing retarded XD)

Jacaranda
11-30-2010, 04:13 AM
It's an ongoing process. I did the bottom half of the sideburns last week, then got tired of it and switched to working on my jacket. I've figured out, though, that I can sort of "cheat" on the sideburns and bring down some hair from the wig, that way I'm not doing so much ventilating in that area.

But yeah, haven't touched the wig since last week after being distracted by the jacket (which I'm about halfway done with so far). I did the ventilating a little bit at a time since it drives me NUTS, but if I added up all the short bursts... I'd say an hour or two so far? I've never done this before, so I guess that's not bad... but the hard part has yet to come. OTL I'm in no real rush to finish this, at least.

SaintQ
12-06-2010, 10:14 PM
My base wig for Hanna came in so I too get to embark on that lovely wigstyling/ventilating journey. I am kind of 'ehhhh' because the wig I chose has some frizzy -puff circle part, but I'm pretty sure if I hot water train all the hair backwards I should be able to glue it down without a problem.
I wonder if I'll be able to ventilate it at work? XD Holiday season is eating up all my free time, but there are times when it gets slow.

adelle27
01-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Oh Hey!

I've been following this thread for awhile now but never really posted in it, guess it's cause I hadn't really cosplayed anyone from HiNaBN. But I just so happen to have gotten a few pictures with my friends, consider it a sorta make-shift cosplay, since we really didn't have the correct outfits. (Except Cas whom stole my white tie and just so happened to be wearing a nice black shirt like Cas's.) My initial cosplay is Conrad but considering I didn't have the wig ready, I thought I'd go for Adelaide since I sort of wanted to cosplay her as well. Here's the cosplay: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/347565/

I hope it's ok Dl

o0kamichan0o
01-08-2011, 02:33 PM
SaintQ, your going to Katsu? Haha me too, and hopefully, if schoolwork doesn't murder me I might go as Conrad for a day and dress my boyfriend up as Worth ^_^
You said you were dressing your BF up as Conrad right? Are you getting a wig for that I'd love a suggestion haha

Prota-Girl
01-12-2011, 11:46 AM
I currently cosplay Ples Tibenoch and Doc Luce Worth. However, in my recent move to Colorado from Florida, I was only able to bring one cosplay so I brought Ples. Nice tos ee other HinaBN cosplayers here, though. :) I hope to go in Public as Ples in time. ^^ I've yet to meet other HinaBN cosplayers, so hopefully here there will be some. <3
I also cosplay Conrad on the side, but it's not entirely official as I am a bit warry about the wig and all, but Worth and Ples are official. xD

Eee I'm so excited. <3 A pleasure to meet you all. :)

Jacaranda
01-27-2011, 01:44 AM
Oh hey, I've seen you on dA~ And your genius Ples expressions. xD

So, uh, I never really posted any updates on the wig after that, did I? xD I actually kind of stopped soon after posting that, and instead of doing the full front I did a "partial" front and sculpted the rest of the wig to mimic the sideburns.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2821165/

I'm more or less happy with how the widow's peak got turned out (and got stopped a few times by people asking how it was done), but I think I'll go back and add in all the pieces that I originally meant to. I'm ordering contacts for the next time, and I think I'll mess with my eye makeup and eyebrows.

But then cosplay ADD kicked in.

http://fav.me/d37lowv

Finished most of that in a week, and just finished tailoring the skirt today. I've bought one of those bra-strap adjusters to hold them in view (but it's actually a tanktop and a strapless...), so those should sit better, too. Contacts for that are also in order. Wig is my favorite part of the costume; most of it was easy, but the bangs were a fun challenge.

.Godot.
03-04-2011, 01:50 PM
So, I cosplayed Hanna at Katsucon and I have to say, Jacaranda, I used your tips about pincurlign and it worked perfectly! Thanks so much. I didn't try making the widow's peak. I didn't quite have enough time but I intend to try it eventually. I'll post picture if I do.

Otherwise, here's what I have from Katsu: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/355909/

SaintQ
03-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Couldn't go to Katsu or afford a wig so its back to the old method of dying forever. Boy won't go permablack for conrad so I had to get spray again (he refuses to buy a wig for short hair)

So I shall be bumming about Momocon as a Hanna with a chubsConrad (<3) and a kickass Veser.

Archaeopteryx
04-22-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm planning on going to Connecticon as Hanna. Mostly I'm going to be having trouble with the hair, I'm going to need like twelve metric tons of hair gel and dye. And I don't even do stuff with my hair normally.

Also does anyone know what I can do about the hammer? Somehow I doubt the staff will let me in there with an actual hammer. I was thinking I could make one out of styrofoam or something, but... styrofoam, ehh.

Akarin-chan
05-18-2011, 11:36 PM
I'm planning on going to Connecticon as Hanna. Mostly I'm going to be having trouble with the hair, I'm going to need like twelve metric tons of hair gel and dye. And I don't even do stuff with my hair normally.

Also does anyone know what I can do about the hammer? Somehow I doubt the staff will let me in there with an actual hammer. I was thinking I could make one out of styrofoam or something, but... styrofoam, ehh.

Try using an actual hammer base, but Model Magic in lieu of steel. It can safely be spray painted and molded, and the only way to really tell the difference would be to hit someone with it.

...Not that I'm saying you should. ;o

Deadlywings
06-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Alright, so first characters from HINABN my friend and I are cosplaying are Lamont and Doc Worth. I got everything down for Lamont but.... The toughest part right now is getting a wig for Doc. OTL

Any advice or suggestions?

mysteroo
11-12-2011, 12:56 PM

For Hanna's hair, are you wearing a wig? I'm probably being stupid with this question, but you didn't specify.

If you are planning on using a wig, I'd suggest buying a woman's long, curly red one and cutting it down. That's what I did with mine, and after cutting it down and styling the front section it worked pretty well. Plus you have the beauty of it already being curled!
As for the hairspray and gel: I bought a can of hairspray and some bobby pins, which allowed me to pin things into position and then spray them down enough to hold (but instead of removing the pins, I kept them in).

I... don't know if that helped at all though.

mysteroo
11-12-2011, 01:15 PM
I don't... actually know how active this thread is anymore, but I cosplayed Hanna this year at MCM London Expo with a small-ish group and I wondered if any one is planning on going as Hanna Characters like, next Expo?

For anyone curious, I looked like this: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/403019/