PDA

View Full Version : Ushicon

Space Invader
10-12-2002, 09:29 PM
Hey, who else is going to Ushicon? Just curious, cause I'd love to meet anyone else who posts here. Also, who are you cosplaying as? (so I can recognize you). If you want more info, here's the site: http://www.ushicon.com . Whee.

Makoto
10-12-2002, 10:53 PM
Ushicon last year was excellent; well run, well organized. I hope things stay the same in the new (muuuch bigger) hotel. ^_^

I'll be there, but I'm not sure about which costumes yet. ;)

Celine
10-13-2002, 12:15 PM
I want to go, but it falls right between Ohayo and Katsu... ^^;;

Maybe with a miracle I can go! I know my twin sister and a group of her friends will be going... probably a few of them will cosplay too.

Keurblitz
10-13-2002, 12:32 PM
Too far... -_-
Too poor...
Too busy

Philia Philis
10-13-2002, 02:37 PM
*waves* I'm PROBABLY going to. I mean, I can't think of any reason not to, so uh, yeah. ^_^

Ringo
10-13-2002, 09:30 PM
I'm gonna be there! I can't wait Ushi is such a nice layed back con, not crowded either. ^_^ As for Costumes.....Himitsu~~~

Hungryjack
10-22-2002, 05:51 PM
Hmmm Austin. End of January. Sounds perfect.

Michi
10-30-2002, 01:59 PM
I'm planning on it. Gonna debut a neat costume there.

TANIA!! ERIN!! You have to go, both of you, or I'll cry. ;_;

Hungryjack
10-30-2002, 02:02 PM
How was the cosplay turnout last year at Ushicon?

Michi
11-04-2002, 02:16 AM
Okay I take it back. ^^; I don't think I can afford it. *dies* I won't really know til like Christmas. But then it may be too late to get a good ticket! :sulk: Blah airplanes.

The Metric Ruler
11-04-2002, 02:23 PM
It's usually better to wait three or four weeks before the convention anyway (or at least that's the luck that we've had when we booked our tickets).

In any case, you can always fly into Dallas and drive to Austin with us (me, Twinkle, and her sister). :) I think flights into Austin are a rarity.

Hungryjack
11-04-2002, 02:52 PM
If you fly Southwest, then Austin's no problem, but depending on where one comes from, SW may not be an option. SW has great low fares too if you book in advance.

Michi
11-04-2002, 05:37 PM
Hmm.. We'll see then. ^_^ I really won't know til the end of December. o.x; Wheee con season is starting up again..

Celine
01-16-2003, 10:37 PM
*kicks thread*

Hey, people! This is coming up soon! Any updates on who's going?? I'd love to grab a pic of all the people off this site. ^_^ Although I know Admin, Aeris, and Eurobeat King won't be attending, that shouldn't stop us from getting a group pic.

I will be there (yay) to surprise my little sister for her birthday. I haven't yet decided what I am bringing! What are you all bringing?

Ringo
01-16-2003, 10:46 PM
I'll be there, but you know that. ^_~
I think a group photo would be a good idea. I wonder when a good time would be?

Celine
01-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Definitely Saturday, I would say... ^^

edit: Although, I will be arriving at 1pm on Friday... and I'll be there until verrry late Sunday evening (yipes, go priceline).

Yay! I'm now going, officially... have ticket and everything!!! Happiness...!

Ali-kun
01-23-2003, 07:38 PM
Whee?

I am one of those going! *glares at cut-but-un-sewed fabric sitting around dorm room* Whether or not I am COSPLAYING remains to be seen! XD (nah, I will finish stuff. Because I say so. And I'm making Ben take me to the fabric store so I can buy more of all the junk I left at home because I am dumb, mwah)

yay for getting to see friendly peoples ^_^

Space Invader
01-23-2003, 10:11 PM
Yay!

I'll be wearing my Hikaru costume. Let's see if you recognize me... heh...

Ringo
01-31-2003, 07:13 AM
See ya'll later today!
If your intrested please come to Iron Cosplay tommarow @ 10 am. It's going to be lots o' fun, and lots o'ghetto.
Ja~

eris
10-03-2003, 07:23 PM
I plan on going! So long as that first weekend after classes start thing isn't a problem. o.O;

Heee.. it'll be a total caravan from DFW.

Angelwing
10-06-2003, 07:05 PM
I'll be going. It's my first con so I hope that it will be a fun experience. I'm cosplaying as Rinoa, Lenne, and Songstress Yuna. Say hi to me! ^_^

shin kurenai
10-06-2003, 11:31 PM
i will be in attendance~ ^__^

my birthday is the first day of ushicon!!1

PARTY HARD

last year i couldnt make it because i got in a really shitty car accident on the way. man. my weekend SUCKED.

Asmaria
10-07-2003, 10:43 AM
I'll be going too. :D Pulling out the costumes I wore last year and recently.

Fakir (battle-worn outfit XD) - Princess Tutu
Kurapica - Hunter x Hunter

That's probably all, unless I make a quick Lavie costume from Last Exile. ^-^ I'd just have to go to a thrift store and get a mechanic's outfit. :D

Scortia
10-12-2003, 05:53 PM
I'm going and bringing some friends along... *points at location* ugh... driiiiiiving... 7 hours. Anyway, I'll be premiering a lot of costumes for A-kon and maybe some that'll be just at Ushicon... my tentative list is:

Hatsuharu of Furuba (I gotta give him one more go around before retirement ^_~)

Ohtori Akio of the Utena movie (someone find me a window to fall out of .. "Nyaaaaaa!")

Sakuma Ryuichi of Gravitation (concert and Kumagoro versions)

Makino Tsukushi of Hana Yori Dango (for the shoujo slumber party)

and possibly Shiroi Yu~ki of Malice Mizer.... omg,... I have no time or money in my life ^^;;

MarzGurl
12-08-2003, 12:00 PM
Oh, I'm glad I dug back through the archives and found this. I am SO going to Ushicon! This is my first convention, and my very first Cosplay! I will be Cosplaying as Aeris Gainsborough. If you see an Aeris with an AWESOME staff made by PikminLink, it's ME! It's ME! My friends and I are really hyped up about it. We just started an online blog dedicated to it, and after the convention it will be filled with pictures and hopefully even a little fun footage set to music (all done by me, of course! ;) ). You can visit it if you want at Ushicon Fans - http://ushiconfans.blogspot.com (http://ushiconfans.blogspot.com) I wanna get pictures of everybody! Don't be shy when I come to Ushicon!

MarzGurl
12-18-2003, 12:16 PM
...? Qwerty!

shin kurenai
12-18-2003, 01:50 PM
nyaaa~?

birthday party time!!!

i am turning 19
~

Angelwing
12-22-2003, 12:03 PM
http://www.ushicon.com/guests.html

Everyone get excited. Koda Kumi is giving a concert!
*freaks out*

Chibi Yunie
12-22-2003, 03:37 PM
I will definitely be there. YES! Koda Kumi! *jumps around, excited* I'll be there as Songstress Yuna, Yuna FFX, and Teriyaki Yoko, woot.

MarzGurl
12-23-2003, 04:15 PM
AI-YAH! That's great news! Oh... I hope that she performs fairly late, though. I still have to get there from after school that Friday! It doesn't take me long to get there. I just hope that I can make it!

HuongStar
12-30-2003, 11:52 AM
Wow....time is definitely running out. Anyway, I hope to leave work around noon on Friday to beat the weekend rush.

ayanamilisa
01-05-2004, 12:12 AM
I've never been to an anime con outside of dallas so this should be
fun. I'm extremely pumped. THis may not help but I'll be cosplaying
FFX-2 Gunner Yuna
possibly
Yuffie or Sakura from :::naruto::

Look for me :D

http://www.angelfire.com/creep/lisacosplay/

MarzGurl
01-05-2004, 06:34 AM
I'll be looking for you! Wow, I can hardly believe that this is all less than a month away. I'm so psyched up about it I can hardly stand it! And I don't know how they did it, bringing in Koda Kumi to perform for us Friday night and all. It's really just a small-time convention, and it's only it's fourth year, at that! Surely they shelled out some big bucks to get her to come over from Japan. But I suppose it would have probably made more people register than normal.

ayanamilisa
01-05-2004, 10:20 AM
Will you be cosplaying as airis?

HuongStar
01-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Miyabi, are you still coming? ^_^

Cherry Boy
01-05-2004, 02:16 PM
I will be going to Ushi-con again this year. what my cosplay will be is a secret but it will totally rock. Also everyone watch out for Exploding sinks...trust me they suck.

MarzGurl
01-06-2004, 06:26 AM
You bet I'll be Aeris! And... exploding sinks? lol, did that happen to you at a previous Ushicon or something, Cherry Boy?

Cherry Boy
01-06-2004, 10:18 PM
Yeah Last ushi-con the Sink in our room exploded at 2am, it was all the rage to. We had congoers and voice actors up in our room taking pictures of it. I even ran into some one at Animefest that told me they were using the picture of it as there background on there comp.

ayanamilisa
01-06-2004, 11:40 PM
Well I'm not crying for you then...looks like you live the life of excitement :D

KrisnWo316
01-08-2004, 06:29 PM
I'm going......coming all the way from Chicago too.... ^^;;;

Oh...and my costume..... Take a wild guess... :bigtu:

<~~~~~~~~~

ayanamilisa
01-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Cant wait to see you there :)

MarzGurl
01-09-2004, 06:03 AM
Hope that's cool with the Ushicon staff and all, though... considering I read that it has to be something Japanese oriented... bahaha, but who's really gonna care? Honestly? Some of these guys are so filled to the gills with Japanese stuff that they don't have any time for anything entertaining in their OWN COUNTRY! Bwahahahaha...

KrisnWo316
01-09-2004, 12:27 PM
Hope that's cool with the Ushicon staff and all, though... considering I read that it has to be something Japanese oriented... bahaha, but who's really gonna care? Honestly? Some of these guys are so filled to the gills with Japanese stuff that they don't have any time for anything entertaining in their OWN COUNTRY! Bwahahahaha...

LOL!!

Well, I could go with the arguement that I'm a masked Japanese wrestler......as Kevin Lillard thought I was the first time he saw me.... ^_^

Gren
01-10-2004, 10:53 AM
To enter in the event it has to be Japanese oriented. But just wander around? Clothes is clothes.

Anyone know of people dressing up as Vash? We're trying to aquire as many as possible for a skit. Or, even better, anyone here have a Vash costume lying around?

KrisnWo316
01-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Well of course I'm gonna just walk around like that. Gotta apease teh ladies. ^_^

Actually, if it's anything like post cons I've been to.....if you're part of a skit that has SOMEONE from something japanese, then it should be cool.

This one con, they had Jack Sparrow (pirate of the carribean) in a skit.....and like the whole skit revolved around him.....and his Lasses. Twas quite funny, and actually got 2nd place.

I guess the question now.......anyone have room for StrongBad in their skit? ^_^;;;

Scortia
01-10-2004, 03:44 PM
We would have used you if they would have let us made the Teen Girl Squad skit we wanted to do. ;-; But, alas, not Japanese oriented >_<

KnivesMoFO
01-11-2004, 01:02 AM
Gren, I might be able to scrounge up a Vash costume... why?

layne
01-12-2004, 03:25 AM
Everyone going to Ushicon....

Visit Amy's Icecream on 6th street (a few blocks from the con) in costume and we'll give you free yummy stuff.

MarzGurl
01-12-2004, 06:14 AM
Wow, you're not teasing me here, are you? Is this a true offer you guys are having? Oh, I get it, I know how it works... you want us to go there so that we can get a FREE LAUGH FROM THE STAFF, DON'T YOU? Yeah, we all know what people think about con-goers in costume... lol, seriously, now, do you mean it? :love:

Angelwing
01-12-2004, 06:42 AM
Free..... Ice Cream? How big?

Gren
01-12-2004, 11:11 AM
I shall PM you about the skit.

Free ice cream you say? Hmmmmm. *scratches chin*

HuongStar
01-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Everyone going to Ushicon....

Visit Amy's Icecream on 6th street (a few blocks from the con) in costume and we'll give you free yummy stuff.

O_O FREE ICE CREAM?!! I am so there.

ayanamilisa
01-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Oh wow! I love you...and your ice cream i'll be there

KrisnWo316
01-12-2004, 03:12 PM
God....I haven't had Amy's in....

5 YEARS?!?!? ^^;;;;;;;;;

I am SOOOO going at some point!!! Too bad I don't know where on 6th Street it is.....

How bout we try one big group type trip thing over there? That should properly freak out the norms. ^_^

layne
01-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Hey, I'm a con geek and I also work at Amy's. I'm all about hooking up the cosplayers. Actually, many of the 6th street Amy's employees are anime fans. We would be so excited to see super cute costumes in our store! Especially if we're working instead of going to the con ourselves ^_^ I plan on playing happy j-pop music all night.

Gren
01-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Maybe while I'm there I can pick up some good food at Z-Tejas. Yummm : 9

6th street is an awesome place.

Tenya Muyo
01-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Free ice cream??????? I'M THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yummy, free sweets!!! I love you Layne!!! :love:

But yeah, let's freak out the norms and have one big huge group go over there! I like freaking out people and making them stare. :bigtu:

MarzGurl
01-14-2004, 06:01 AM
Yay! Big groups! We'll easily have everyone freaked out, and the place is gonna clear out quickly, just for us! :thumbsup:

Tenya Muyo
01-15-2004, 12:45 AM
Ok, this really has nothing to do with Ushicon, unless you count the fact that hundreds of people will be turning to this food for nurishment. ^_^;; NEWayz.............

http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/commercials/636/

Blame Gren for this!!! She sent me the link!! It's her fault!

P.S. Does anyone think that people will turn into that after 3 days of anime, manga, no sleep, etc.?

KnivesMoFO
01-15-2004, 12:59 AM
It's very possible.... I know I was sorta walking like that on the third day of Anime Iowa....

SARAwithanH89
01-15-2004, 09:15 PM
me and my friend are driving from dallas to go to ushicon for the weekend, i will be cosplaying as belldandy from ah! my goddess and sailor mars, and my friend will be ed from cowboy bebop and sailor jupiter, if you see us come say hi please!!!

MarzGurl
01-18-2004, 10:05 AM
I will if you say hi to me! ;) lol, I'm planning on meeting up with so many people and doing so many thins with them that I'm hardly going to have any time to enjoy the convention itself at all!

Ringo
01-18-2004, 05:49 PM
So is there an set time for the Ice Cream Excursion? Friday, Saturday? I'd love to go especially in a big group. ^_^
See ya'll there. =D

ayanamilisa
01-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Cool more people from dallas!
Ok here's my update

Gunner Yunna from x-2
Pop Songstress yuna *with kodami coming who wont be?*
and
Kasumi DOA2

TrigunWolf
01-23-2004, 10:44 PM
One week away guys....

Anyone have any last minute discussion??

KnivesMoFO
01-23-2004, 11:39 PM
Not off the top of my head.... Except for how totally rockin I'm hoping this thing to be...

Scortia
01-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Austin is 8 hours away... *whimper* Sorry, that isn't a discussion... I must say having just about one month to make two costumes from scratch was not fun at all ^^;; Granted I have 2-3 to make for A-kon after that.... my discussion is that... I don't recommend doing it...I'm just a masochist I guess. ;p

MarzGurl
01-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Holy Ushi, Koda Kumi's performance... is anyone else as excited about this as I am!?!?!?!?!?

TrigunWolf
01-25-2004, 10:28 AM
Austin is 8 hours away... *whimper* Sorry, that isn't a discussion...

I have a pretty lengthy drive out to Austin as well.

From Tulsa, OK to Austin. That's gonna be fun.

Only good thing is, we have 8 people all going and we managed to get a 15-person VAN. Should be big enough to hold all our stuff and all of us.

I'm just glad I have my own hotel room and I don't have to be cramped with 7 other people. I only have to share with one other person....

Ahhhh, the joys of being a volunteer for Ushicon. Yeah, I'll be helping out in the Game Room (BIG thank you to my friend Greg for offering), I might have mentioned that before, so you guys should stop by and say hi. I'll probably still be in costume regardless.

So look for Wolfwood or Yan Valentine running the game room at any peculiar time. Or look for me out in the hallways.

Angelwing
01-25-2004, 11:03 AM
Holy Ushi, Koda Kumi's performance... is anyone else as excited about this as I am!?!?!?!?!?

I am! Koda Kumi is one of my favorite singers. Must fight for a good view since it's an once out of a lifetime oppurtunity for me.

FF Diva + Major FF Fan + Ushicon = Ecstatic

Kusanagi
01-25-2004, 05:28 PM
I was going to come last minute, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it...

Space Invader
01-26-2004, 04:12 PM
>I was going to come last minute, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it...

*tear*

It's ok ^_^. AX, right?

Cherry
01-27-2004, 09:13 PM
That. Is the funniest thing I have EVER seen, Tenyaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cherry
01-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Oh! And I hope I see all of you guys there. ^_^

I am doing:
Gambit from X-Men
Lucrecia from FF7
Harry Potter from Harry Potter

AND! Tidus from FFX. =x It seemed like the nice thing to do. Can't let all them Yuna's be with no Tidus, now can I? XD

Space Invader
01-28-2004, 09:56 PM
Yay! Edea is almost done ^_^. I finished airbrushing the claws and dress tonight, tomorrow I sew it all together and cut out my fan (and maybe even paint it, if I don't keel over from exhaustion first). Friday the fan gets assembled, and then... all done, ready for Saturday! Look for me, k guys? ^_^ I'll have Space Invader on my badge too, so if in doubt, just look for my con pass.

Huzzah.

GallyAngel99
01-28-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm going to Ushicon! I'm going as a 'Fallen Angel' (look for really big red wings and a black wig with red fiber optic lights). The 'Fallen Angel' is a take-off on a drawing my boyfriend did on his character called 'Red Angel'. I love original characters!! Actually, it was originally my Halloween costume but I decided to wear it for Ushicon since I don't have the money to commission the Asuka costume I originally wanted. Might also be a catgirl during the PJ party ^_^.

Oh yeah and the Carnival that they're having Thursday night, going to that too ^^.

GallyAngel99
01-28-2004, 10:14 PM
Yup ^^ I'm very excited!! Can't wait!!

Cherry
01-29-2004, 02:07 AM
Yay! Edea is almost done ^_^. I finished airbrushing the claws and dress tonight, tomorrow I sew it all together and cut out my fan (and maybe even paint it, if I don't keel over from exhaustion first). Friday the fan gets assembled, and then... all done, ready for Saturday! Look for me, k guys? ^_^ I'll have Space Invader on my badge too, so if in doubt, just look for my con pass.

Huzzah.
=x I look forward to seeing that!

ObsydianClaw
02-01-2004, 03:20 PM
I was meowth XD quickly stuck together ><;;;

Cherry
02-01-2004, 08:52 PM
:X MWAHA!! THAT WAS THE BEST!

Koda Kumi was so pretty. *-*

Angelwing
02-01-2004, 09:42 PM
That was my first con and it was the most fun weekend in my whole life.

I'm glad I at least got to see Koda Kumi sing Real Emotion at the end.

Scortia
02-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Best con ever... didn't go for Koda Kumi ... because... well... I'm not a fan. *flees J-pop fans* Anyway, nice staff *hugs Meryl-kun*, nice people, nice hotel = super-con. Juunishi POOF-oree cosplay group loves you Austin ^o^

imez2miss
02-01-2004, 11:49 PM
I made my first appearance at any con there this weekend. I dont know if I saw anyone there, but I had such a great time. The cosplay was great. Anyone got photos. I lost my camera in the lobby. --.--

Chibi Yunie
02-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Ushicon was wonderful. It was even better than last year, just a bit crowded..(Especially those DAMN elevators.) ..; It was quite an experience, since I went on the stage. *gulp* Did anyone spot me? I was the FFX Yuna, FFX-2 Yuna Songstress, and an alien girl with antanne (Teriyaki Yoko, actually, but..not accurate.)

The concert was great, I just wish I could have gotten her autograph..Ah well. ;_; Alas.

imez2miss
02-02-2004, 12:09 AM
I didn't go to the concert. I went to the pool. I heard the concert was great. I think I may have you got you on tape. Did anybody see a bondage slave ninja on a leash, fishnet shirt, spiked collar, chained hands? 6.o

Chibi Yunie
02-02-2004, 12:12 AM
I didn't go to the concert. I went to the pool. I heard the concert was great. I think I may have you got you on tape. Did anybody see a bondage slave ninja on a leash, fishnet shirt, spiked collar, chained hands? 6.o

I think I saw you. O_O It's hard to say for sure...there were SO many people there. :razz:

...Did you get me on tape or were you referring to someone else? I'm sorry, I'm out of it tonight.

imez2miss
02-02-2004, 12:17 AM
I recorded most of the cosplay, so I think I got you on tape. I was referring to you. You may have seen me. Most of the time I was being led around by my friend with the giant red scythe that everybody was afraid of. LOL I didn't expect people to like my costume. And personally I don't think I am very attractive, so I was really self conscious the whole time. Either way it was fun though. What did you do on stage? There were a few Yuna there.

MarzGurl
02-02-2004, 06:55 AM
Hey, imez2miss, were you the one that was being led around on a leash for a dollar per walk? What was described sounded like that particular person I saw... and almost walked. ^___^

imez2miss
02-02-2004, 09:05 AM
No, I never rented myself out. I thought about it though. I was the only slave in a mask. I had long (by guy standards) black hair and wearing Tabai boots. There were alot of guys there in a fishnet shirts and on leashes.

TrigunWolf
02-02-2004, 11:09 AM
Well, besides the fact that I lost my wallet at the Con.

I had a good time.....

There ummm....Didn't seem to be very many Hellsing fans there. Or at least not any Yan Valentine fans.

I was Yan Valentine on Saturday and I didn't get much love. Although my friends thought I did a pretty good job.....Maybe it was because I was missing the guns? Or maybe because I didn't flip enough people off.

Hmmmm??

Eilonnwy
02-02-2004, 11:16 AM
Ushicon was good fun :D My first big con, so yeah.

The best parts had to be Apples To Apples card game at 1am and Iron Cosplay. Whee...

Too many Inuyasha's though and I had no interest in the concert.

TrigunWolf
02-02-2004, 11:23 AM
Ushicon was good fun :D My first big con, so yeah.

The best parts had to be Apples To Apples card game at 1am and Iron Cosplay. Whee...

Apples to Apples is the greatest CARD GAME EVER!!!

Holy CRAP!

I'm soooo glad I spotted Cherryboy when he was playing it and he demanded that I played.

I am an Apples to Apples addict! :jjacks:

TrigunWolf
02-02-2004, 11:49 AM
One more thing.....

HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY CHERRYBOY!

OH YAYS!!!!!

RuthlessJS
02-02-2004, 01:42 PM
I had a blast at Ushicon this year :) Anyone have photo galleries up for the con?

yuuhoo
02-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Hey guys! I had such a fun time at Ushicon! Chibi Yunie, I met you, yay, now I know someone on this blasted page :bigtu: (been largely ignored since Im not a "true cosplayer" I guess ^^;; ) I was one of the singer Yunas who posed with you guys in the lobby area on Saturday, with my friends gunner Yuna and X Rikku ^___^ I had such a ball, Im a costume noob, but Im heavily addicted. Now if I could just learn to sew...

Oh, Imez2miss, you're from Corpus too? Awesome, that's my hometown :dance: I didnt know CC had any anime fans, it's nice to see some folks from down thataway getting into it..finally, haha. Thanks guys, had a SUPER time, I am officially a Koda Kumi fan too..MAN her show was awesome! :bigtu: :bigtu: :bigtu:

Chibi Yunie
02-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Hey guys! I had such a fun time at Ushicon! Chibi Yunie, I met you, yay, now I know someone on this blasted page :bigtu: (been largely ignored since Im not a "true cosplayer" I guess ^^;; ) I was one of the singer Yunas who posed with you guys in the lobby area on Saturday, with my friends gunner Yuna and X Rikku ^___^ I had such a ball, Im a costume noob, but Im heavily addicted. Now if I could just learn to sew...

Oh, Imez2miss, you're from Corpus too? Awesome, that's my hometown :dance: I didnt know CC had any anime fans, it's nice to see some folks from down thataway getting into it..finally, haha. Thanks guys, had a SUPER time, I am officially a Koda Kumi fan too..MAN her show was awesome! :bigtu: :bigtu: :bigtu:

Oh cool! ^_^ I remember you, great costume! Yay, I love meeting people from online! Oh, and Ruthless, I have a gallery up for Ushicon 2004..but I'm still going to add to it, so. ^_^

Chibi Yunie
02-02-2004, 04:18 PM
I recorded most of the cosplay, so I think I got you on tape. I was referring to you. You may have seen me. Most of the time I was being led around by my friend with the giant red scythe that everybody was afraid of. LOL I didn't expect people to like my costume. And personally I don't think I am very attractive, so I was really self conscious the whole time. Either way it was fun though. What did you do on stage? There were a few Yuna there.

I was the only FFX Yuna in the masquerade. I just did the Yevon bow/prayer thingit and walked off stage. ^^;

Sorry for double posting.

RaneAria
02-02-2004, 06:03 PM
I thought the frist day of Ushicon was bad cause everything closed early cause of the concert.But I loved Saturday cause everyone was in cosplay and alot of the panels were open really late.
I was the Dark Chi in the long black dress with long ribbions in my hair and a rose bow around my neck. I got my pic taken alot, but I haven`t seen anyone post images up yet.
But I did love Ushicon!! I just hope next year they fix the resigtertion, it was really outta order this year....

lysariala
02-02-2004, 06:18 PM
ushicon roxors my soxors. im so glad i got to see so many people!

and staff was indeed great, very helpful people, great cosplay, showed pretty good stuff in the vid rooms, and Anime Real World!!!!!!

i love you people <3 i need to go buy apples to apples now, i dont think i can sleep without playing a round...heh

Phyrechan
02-02-2004, 07:02 PM
i had a blast! but i must say that the best moment (gets into bragging mode) was when i met koda kumi in the elevator and got her pic... *sigh* she is so adorable! (no i'm not like *that*) btw, no one probably remembers me because i was with the ffx-2 rikku (pink scarfed) and lenne, so i kept getting shoved out of the way of people taking pics. oh well, i probably would have done the same thing... ;) i saw a few of ya'll and everyone looked so great! g'job!

imez2miss
02-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Yeah, it was so much fun other than me being abandoned a few times. One of the cosplay.com photographers took pics of me and my friend which I found absolutely amazing. I think I saw some of you but not quite sure. And DAMN there were alot of Inuyasha there.

Mindaroth
02-02-2004, 07:29 PM
Say, if anyone has any Ushicon pics uploaded, please link 'em. I know there are some people I missed at the con, and I was an idiot who didn't take pictures of myself.

Some of my favorite costumes, by the way were:
all of Cherry's, Sailor Barret, The sexy guy that's always in a Gackt comstume, Jase's catgirl, and two girls who had fantastic outfits, but i don't know what from. One, I think was from a Zelda cosplay group, and the other had a fantabulous purple wig.

I was the bloody fatal frame twin, various gothic lolitas, and the female Sephiroth. Did anyone see me? Let me know if you happened to snag any pictures of me or my group. My digicam died on me on Friday morning.

Thanks, and it was a splendid con. Congrats to all the great cosplayers.

Phyrechan
02-02-2004, 07:45 PM
i just uploaded a pic of my friend and koda kumi. its in my gallery. more to come later!

Chibi Yunie
02-02-2004, 10:39 PM
Say, if anyone has any Ushicon pics uploaded, please link 'em. I know there are some people I missed at the con, and I was an idiot who didn't take pictures of myself.

all of Cherry's, Sailor Barret, The sexy guy that's always in a Gackt comstume, Jase's catgirl, and two girls who had fantastic outfits, but i don't know what from. One, I think was from a Zelda cosplay group, and the other had a fantabulous purple wig.

I was the bloody fatal frame twin, various gothic lolitas, and the female Sephiroth. Did anyone see me? Let me know if you happened to snag any pictures of me or my group. My digicam died on me on Friday morning.

Thanks, and it was a splendid con. Congrats to all the great cosplayers.

I think I took a picture with you. ^_^ It's on my gallery. Great costume, btw.

Uzumaki-sama
02-02-2004, 10:51 PM
There were a lot of great cosplayers ^^ I was really impressed with some of them.

Mindaroth, your costume was gorgeous!

A lot of the FF ones were; I really wish I had that kind of time and dedication to make something so complicated. I really liked the Edea.

I was cosplaying as the girl with the red cloak, and giant red scythe, carrying Imez2miss on a leash. I'm on fan's view with a friend of mine, for the Saturday gallery. I'm still waiting for more pictures to crop up, because I was stopped a lot for pictures... Which is rare, because my costumes always suck, so this year I was really happy XD

The other Yunas were awesome too, and Barret, I love your cosplay act! Hehe, it was completely in character!

RuthlessJS
02-03-2004, 07:34 AM
Hey here is a link to my Ushicon 03(2004) picture gallery!
https://webspace.utexas.edu/jcsmith/Ushicon%202004%20Web/index.html

It has around 150 pictures enjoy. If you want high res pictures of a certain picture IM me on AIM.

Also thanks everyone for all of the great comments about my Barret costume :) :)

Mindaroth
02-03-2004, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the comments, guys, and thank you Ruthless for uploading all of those pictures. There are a lot of really great ones in there. *plays in them like Scrooge McDuck in his money bin.*

Thank you too, Yunie!

Chibi Yunie
02-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Hey here is a link to my Ushicon 03(2004) picture gallery!
https://webspace.utexas.edu/jcsmith/Ushicon%202004%20Web/index.html

It has around 150 pictures enjoy. If you want high res pictures of a certain picture IM me on AIM.

Also thanks everyone for all of the great comments about my Barret costume :) :)

Oh wow, thanks for making this gallery. OOoh, I'm on there. ^_^ I might have to AIM you to get high quality pics of my friends and I. :heart:

And you're welcome, Minda. ^^

bishonenthief
02-03-2004, 01:27 PM
I don't like forums, but behold here I am.
The con was great, I'm happy there was such a good turn out.
And thanks for posting picture galleries already guys!
I'll keep checking back
^_^

Space Invader
02-03-2004, 01:47 PM
>I really liked the Edea.

That was me! ^_^

Phyrechan
02-03-2004, 03:54 PM
hahaha my friend was songstress lenne with long hair and she looks weird in all the pics because she started tanning about 2 weeks ago and has white rings around her eyes *falls over laughing* but the pics are great, guys! <-- best run on sentence EVER

Griever
02-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Hooray for the gallery and all the yummy pics!!

ayanamilisa
02-04-2004, 06:37 PM
I love the pic of me in the hat and shooting barrets gun. I like the one where i'm about to blast shino away even better :D

Griever
02-04-2004, 06:43 PM
ayanamilisa: Were you the Kasumi on Sunday?? I would've taken a pic but I was out of film that day. ....stupid camera, taking pics of the inside of my pockets........

ayanamilisa
02-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Yes sir :D
http://www.angelfire.com/creep/lisacosplay.com

KnivesMoFO
02-04-2004, 09:46 PM
James, APPLES TO APPLES......... OH YEAH!

BTW, did you ever find your wallet?

For everyone else, I was the Vincent Valentine with the eyes.... Ruthless, it was a pleasure to pose with you in pictures..... Ayana, we should've rocked the Apples to Apples, but those youngins dunno funny!

bishonenthief
02-04-2004, 09:58 PM
yay 4 my Vinny
::hug::
I should of played the silly apple game...
maybe next time..

KnivesMoFO
02-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Yeah, you should've! ::BITE::

ayanamilisa
02-04-2004, 11:01 PM
no shit that game kicked ass my friends are making me buy it

TrigunWolf
02-04-2004, 11:26 PM
James, APPLES TO APPLES......... OH YEAH!

BTW, did you ever find your wallet?

For everyone else, I was the Vincent Valentine with the eyes.... Ruthless, it was a pleasure to pose with you in pictures..... Ayana, we should've rocked the Apples to Apples, but those youngins dunno funny!

Yes My wallet was in my Yan pants...

*sigh* I feel stupid.

Anyways Apples to Apples is greatness & I'm getting it and making BishounenTheif play it along with my other friends!

Cherry Boy
02-04-2004, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the birthday shout out.....and Apples to Apples rocks the worlds socks.....it is to much fun.

Zanial
02-04-2004, 11:59 PM
Well I'm glad you all loved my game so much and I've gained a few followers of what I consider the best group card game ever made. APPLES TO APPLES OWNES YOU ALL! Hope those of you who saw the Anime Real World video also enjoy that, but doubtful that it was anywhere near as much fun as Apples to Apples. :P

KnivesMoFO
02-05-2004, 12:32 AM
Oh, I dunno.... I think Anime Real World opened up a whole new facet to Apples to Apples.... Both rock socks.

When is that video gonna surface online?

Zanial
02-05-2004, 12:39 AM
Actually, our hope is to put it out on DVD. The file is FAR too large to be distributed online (4.5gigs) due to it's high quality (the resolution, NOT the content * snickers * ). The idea is to get it put onto DVD with a few extra features. Like a few out takes, an added scene or two (likely to be fake commercials) and possibly even LONGER CREDITS. Be amazed. Anyways, if all goes to plan we'll have DVD's for sale as of A-kon hopefully. So far the ideal price we're going for is 10 bucks a pop.

TrigunWolf
02-05-2004, 08:22 AM
Sounds good....

I'm just glad to see that I drop an idea off into the air and my buddies take it, shape it, mold it, & turn it into something completely amazing. All I did was say "How about we do an Anime Real World spoof" and BAH! They do an amazing job.

It rules!!!

bishonenthief
02-05-2004, 01:27 PM
I'm sure I'll be one of many to be in line for it!
=D

KnivesMoFO
02-05-2004, 05:41 PM
If that's the case, man, I know where my money is going!

Merle-kun
02-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Best con ever... didn't go for Koda Kumi ... because... well... I'm not a fan. *flees J-pop fans* Anyway, nice staff *hugs Meryl-kun*, nice people, nice hotel = super-con. Juunishi POOF-oree cosplay group loves you Austin ^o^

Do you mean Merle-kun? If so *HUGGLE!* I didn't see you at Ushicon =(

I have pics of you Minda-chan! =3 I'm just not home... and thus can't upload them. I'm hoping to get a new site soon... so I might wait until then to upload the pics that I took. But I'll send yours your way if you want.

BTW Since only one person knew who I was dressed as, I (Jase/Merle-kun) was Sanada-chan from UFO Princess Warukyure:

http://www.tokinoyu.net/
http://www.tokinoyu.net/tokinoyu/onna.html
http://www.tokinoyu.net/tokinoyu/image/sanada.gif

And if you wanna see it:
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/50.html

Cherry
02-05-2004, 08:29 PM

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment, Mindaroth. I didn't see it until just now, but I appreciate it so verymuch. <3.

Cherry
02-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Merle, I enjoyed your breasts... er..company.

Merle-kun
02-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Merle, I enjoyed your breasts... er..company.

Always the breasts... can't anyone love just me? ;_; (j/k)

Also, thanks to anyone who visited my and Candice's crossplay panel! ^-^

Cherry Boy
02-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Becuase you can't some up with witty responses to my stupid questions quick enough :jjacks:

KnivesMoFO
02-05-2004, 09:03 PM
What ARE you mumbling about?

Scortia
02-05-2004, 09:10 PM
Do you mean Merle-kun? If so *HUGGLE!* I didn't see you at Ushicon =(

Ergh.. yeah you did o.o How the heck did I manage to misspell your name?! I'm a freaking Escaflowne-whore.... anyway, sorry about that.. ;p Anyway, I was the Akio, Kumagoro Ryuichi (aka: big pink bunny), Shiroi Yu~ki.. etc... was with Anne when we offered you space to crash at Otakon. ;p

Scortia
02-05-2004, 09:12 PM

Definitely needs a bigger room next year... couldn't get in! ;-;

Merle-kun
02-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Becuase you can't some up with witty responses to my stupid questions quick enough :jjacks:

I answered them last year =P And how about to save on the water bills as an answer, or because it's too far to the toilet? =P

KnivesMoFO
02-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Ooooh.... Eric got told! *snickers*

Merle-kun
02-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Ergh.. yeah you did o.o How the heck did I manage to misspell your name?! I'm a freaking Escaflowne-whore.... anyway, sorry about that.. ;p Anyway, I was the Akio, Kumagoro Ryuichi (aka: big pink bunny), Shiroi Yu~ki.. etc... was with Anne when we offered you space to crash at Otakon. ;p

Definitely needs a bigger room next year... couldn't get in! ;-;

I seen the pink bunny! And I wasn't even drinking =3 I didn't know that was you though. Sorry ^^;; I still dunno if I'll hit Otakon or not. Every year I say I'm not going, and somehow I end up there anyway ^^;

I'll work on getting a bigger room next year. Hopefully the bigger hotel will have more space for panels =3

Scortia
02-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Hahaha, no problem.. I even managed to confuse my random fangirls for the weekend... going from normal skin tone to geisha white to tan with every wig worn in between makes it tough to be recognized. ;p Coolies either way for Otakon... we have a tentative 8 in the room... granted, some aren't totally sure yet. but the room will be available none-the-less... we managed 8 at Ushi with no problems. *cough* :P

Whoot for the new hotel. *_* Too bad this one was outgrown because it was quite lovely. ^^

bishonenthief
02-06-2004, 02:04 AM
I got a picture of the bunny!
I want your plushie!

MarzGurl
02-06-2004, 06:46 AM
As I was walking off the cosplay stage I had plenty of people starting to clap and sing "Victory Fanfare". That was entertaining. And then I hear from the stage behind me, "Be sure to keep on the lookout for Sephiroth!" lol, as if I hadn't heard that from enough people by that time... :P Including these two ADORABLE little FF8 characters, a mini Squall and a mini Zell. Every time they saw me, they were like, "Oh, no, look above you!" "Really? Where?" "Sephiroth! He's right back there!" But he never really was. lol, I let them have their fun. XD

Scortia
02-06-2004, 08:57 AM
I got a picture of the bunny!
I want your plushie!

lol... That thing is great... the girl who made him for me is available for commissions... I can look for her address if you want one. ;p (eagerly awaits the moolah raked in on selling Kuma and Ryuichi :) Your Cloud kicked arse... Mucho kudos for the wig styling... ^_^

bishonenthief
02-06-2004, 12:29 PM
lol... That thing is great... the girl who made him for me is available for commissions... I can look for her address if you want one. ;p (eagerly awaits the moolah raked in on selling Kuma and Ryuichi :) Your Cloud kicked arse... Mucho kudos for the wig styling... ^_^

Yay! I would appreciate the address if you've still got it!

I hit so many people with that wing, it took quite the beating...

and I think I knocked out a few people with the sword 0_0

bishonenthief
02-06-2004, 12:30 PM
As I was walking off the cosplay stage I had plenty of people starting to clap and sing "Victory Fanfare". That was entertaining. And then I hear from the stage behind me, "Be sure to keep on the lookout for Sephiroth!" lol, as if I hadn't heard that from enough people by that time... :P Including these two ADORABLE little FF8 characters, a mini Squall and a mini Zell. Every time they saw me, they were like, "Oh, no, look above you!" "Really? Where?" "Sephiroth! He's right back there!" But he never really was. lol, I let them have their fun. XD

those chibi kids were so great!
I took a pic with them, it's one of the few pictures where I actually said "screw being in character" and smiled..hehe

TrigunWolf
02-06-2004, 01:08 PM
Mucho kudos for the wig styling... ^_^

I think bishonen missed this....BUT

That was her real hair. No wig was used. Just thought I'd point that out, because I'm bored.

*sigh*

KnivesMoFO
02-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Join the club... boredom sucks, especially with a foot or 2 of snow...

Cherry Boy
02-06-2004, 01:57 PM
I answered them last year =P And how about to save on the water bills as an answer, or because it's too far to the toilet? =P

OK those answer will suffice =D

And KnivesMoFo how can you be bored with snow!! you can make like snowmen, and snow angels, and yellow snow and stuff.......plenty of fun to go around.

KnivesMoFO
02-06-2004, 02:02 PM
I'm not bored with it... but it's too cold to go out and enjoy it... plus, driving in it is tough.

Scortia
02-06-2004, 03:26 PM
For bishonenthief: http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/dorkus/plushies.html Ha, that is MY plush in those pics. ;p *hugs Kuma* BTW, did you use Beyond the Zone's hair cement to make your spikes?

imez2miss
02-06-2004, 07:51 PM
Bishonenthief... were you the Cloud walking around with the cloak and wing? I was in the elevator with you. I asked about the hair too. I was the ninja in chains on a leash. LOL I wanted to get a pic of you, but I lost my camera. The next con I'm shooting for is A-kon with my friends. I want to be another original character. XD

*Go King Tonberry*

I loved the cosplay thing. I had so much fun, which is good since it's the first con I went too.

Tenya Muyo
02-06-2004, 09:34 PM
*gets out of bed* *Yawn* Hmmm...... Ohaiyo mina-san. -__- Let me see......... Ushicon was great guys! So glad i could meet some of you! I miss it sooooooo much (except for the no-sleep parts of it ^_^; ). I hope to see you all at the next con, whatever it may be. Oh yeah, would have posted this earlier, but i've still been recovering from sickness and lack fo sleep! School and work weren't helping either. NEWayz, hugs to all; Xtreme Playas rule!!; and a shout out to Admin. from cosplay.com that ordered all that pizza for us! ^_^

bishonenthief
02-06-2004, 09:54 PM
I think bishonen missed this....BUT

That was her real hair. No wig was used. Just thought I'd point that out, because I'm bored.

*sigh*

thanks for the support
all the pain was worth it ^_^ !!

bishonenthief
02-06-2004, 09:54 PM
For bishonenthief: http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/dorkus/plushies.html Ha, that is MY plush in those pics. ;p *hugs Kuma* BTW, did you use Beyond the Zone's hair cement to make your spikes?

thank you!!! <3
and no, it was two cans of hair spray ^.^;

bishonenthief
02-06-2004, 09:58 PM
Bishonenthief... were you the Cloud walking around with the cloak and wing? I was in the elevator with you. I asked about the hair too. I was the ninja in chains on a leash. LOL I wanted to get a pic of you, but I lost my camera. The next con I'm shooting for is A-kon with my friends. I want to be another original character. XD

*Go King Tonberry*

I loved the cosplay thing. I had so much fun, which is good since it's the first con I went too.

yepp, that was me. I remember you, one of the many elevator people I met during the con.
I can email you some pics if you want, or RuthlessJS got some good ones!
OH and the Tonberry kicked so much ass XD I took a pic with him!

Chibi Yunie
02-06-2004, 10:20 PM

XD XD I know, I agree with you. *has the breastage too* :heart:

I didn't visit it, but I really should have. I was just running around everywhere and being busy. Damn.

TrigunWolf
02-06-2004, 11:32 PM
For bishonenthief: http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/dorkus/plushies.html Ha, that is MY plush in those pics. ;p *hugs Kuma*

Holy crap! A Nichalos D. Wolfwood plushie!

That thing is hilariously lovable!

Hmmmm....

*ponders*

imez2miss
02-07-2004, 12:49 AM
If you could email me some pics that would be awesome. It sux I lost my camera. I think someone took it. And the maid stole my necklace. GRRR... My friends are always making fun of me and saying I have man boobies. LOL I feel ya on the breastage issue... ;)

Admin
02-07-2004, 05:12 PM
My photos are up. http://images.cosplay.com/list.php?exhibition=44&pass=public&lang=eng

Scortia
02-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Whoot, great shots as always... >_>....<_<...._ Do you take bribes to do those wonderful photoshoots? ;p Such great poses and angles. ;-;

TrigunWolf
02-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Sadly....No pictures of me.

Of course I already stated that my Yan Valentine costume didn't see to be an attention grabber.

Where are all the Hellsing fans at, man? Yan Valentine is greatness!

Cherry
02-08-2004, 12:20 AM
SQUEAL!

http://images.cosplay.com/photo.php?photo=9732&lang=eng

RuthlessJS
02-08-2004, 11:03 AM
My photos are up. http://images.cosplay.com/list.php?exhibition=44&pass=public&lang=eng

The Ushicon pics are awesome! I'm glad Admin was able to come and take pictures. :jjacks:

bishonenthief
02-08-2004, 01:50 PM
aww, so sad.
I didn't see any of me either, Mr. Yan Valentine.
=/

KnivesMoFO
02-08-2004, 01:58 PM
That makes three

Chibi Yunie
02-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Yay, there's one of me!! ^____^ Amazing job!

http://images.cosplay.com/photo.php?photo=9678&lang=eng

Merle-kun
02-08-2004, 04:52 PM
I have 3 pics... two of my panel with Candice on crossplay. But I don't tend to count photos from panels and such because they never look good because I'm mobile. ^^; I'm happy to have one good posed pic though. But I'd really love to know how to get at least a mini-photoshoot like Candice got. I rarely get good photos of my costumes, and I really need some good ones for when I get my new site up and running.

Oh, here's the pic of me! And I'm Sanada from UFO Princess =3
http://images.cosplay.com/photo.php?photo=9648&exhibition=44&offset=8&lang=eng

imez2miss
02-08-2004, 07:43 PM
XD. There is a pic of me and my friend, and then us each on our own. I look weird, but still kewl to be on the site. LOL

MarzGurl
02-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I'm in there twice... and my eyes look like I've been taken over by Satan and my zits came out really clear (I quit taking my acne medication because it gave me an allergic reaction... >.<). So, yeah... the Aeris that looks like she's got rabies is me.

Chibi Yunie
02-08-2004, 10:00 PM
I finally created an Ushicon 2004 image gallery! <33

http://www.mutsumi.lastexitonly.com/ushicon.html

Tell me what you think. :heart:

imez2miss
02-08-2004, 10:00 PM
You look beautiful. Didn't see any demonic Aeris in there. LOL Everybody in the pics looks good, except for me. :p

bishonenthief
02-09-2004, 02:07 PM
I finally created an Ushicon 2004 image gallery! <33

http://www.mutsumi.lastexitonly.com/ushicon.html

Tell me what you think. :heart:

YAY you got a picture of both my Cloud costumes!
<3

shin kurenai
02-09-2004, 02:28 PM
ushicon was fun

im trying to find more pictures of me
(see gallery for costume i wore)

i doubt most people even recognized i was iori ~_~ ah well

c u at akon!

Cherry Boy
02-09-2004, 02:58 PM
I have 3 pics... two of my panel with Candice on crossplay. But I don't tend to count photos from panels and such because they never look good because I'm mobile. ^^; I'm happy to have one good posed pic though. But I'd really love to know how to get at least a mini-photoshoot like Candice got. I rarely get good photos of my costumes, and I really need some good ones for when I get my new site up and running.

I'll give you a minnie photo-shoot any time you want :love:

bishonenthief
02-09-2004, 03:01 PM
ushicon was fun

im trying to find more pictures of me
(see gallery for costume i wore)

i doubt most people even recognized i was iori ~_~ ah well

c u at akon!

I knew who you were!
That's why I think you're so awesome!
=D

Merle-kun
02-09-2004, 03:21 PM
I'll give you a minnie photo-shoot any time you want :love:

Oooh baby you have a date :heart:

Chibi Yunie
02-09-2004, 03:24 PM

You're such a cutie! ^_^ :bigtu:

ayanamilisa
02-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Yes he is awww :D

Merle-kun
02-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Yes he is awww :D

Awwww! Thank you both so much! ^-^ I hope you both had fun at Ushicon this year! And have plans to come back again next year of course. =3 And happy pre-valentines day since I'll be gone to Katsucon then :heart:

lysariala
02-10-2004, 12:54 AM
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sarabear_90/my_photos

my gallery, hope it works, you may have to log in to yahoo tho.. i have about 140 pic in there, hope i got some good ones

bishonenthief
02-10-2004, 02:58 PM
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sarabear_90/my_photos

my gallery, hope it works, you may have to log in to yahoo tho.. i have about 140 pic in there, hope i got some good ones

YAY!
You got one of me with the shake!
w00t!

Tenya Muyo
02-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Hey lysariala,

Dude, you got my back.......... AND IT LOOKS AWSOME!!! :jjacks: Great stuff girl! And remember, if we're ever at a con and you need crash space for anything, you are most welcome :bigtu: Oh yeah, that one cosplay i was planning to do if things "shape up," i'm still on for that, so bring Jam along!! Anyone else here ready for another con or what?! I wanna go to Katsucon!!!! :waaaah: *sigh* maybe next year...........
A well, A-kon in a few months right? Can't wait!

Oy, Merle-kun! Are you going to A-kon?? I feel like a complete baka for not getting ANY pictures of you! I need some! :)

lysariala
02-13-2004, 12:47 AM
unfortunately, i may not be able to cosplay at akon, because of a job i may be getting as assistant to the exhibition staff, so i have to wear business casuall all day >_< but if i can bring anyting, im bringing Jam and my Haru Neko-hime costume from the cat returns.

glad you liek the piccies ^_^

thanks to all ya'll ( especially kira sophie eric and yourself) for takign care of me at ushi. i still feel bad about what i said about kira's sister, i didnt even know it was her actually. no sleep and tummy ache make sara a grumpy not nice bunny -_- gomenasai sasha-sempai!

Tenya Muyo
02-14-2004, 09:56 AM
D/FW and surrounding area cosplayers: Looked outside lately??? IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!

Mindaroth
02-14-2004, 12:49 PM
D/FW and surrounding area cosplayers: Looked outside lately??? IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!

Yeah, it snowed here in San Marcos, too!! What the heck!? It only rains here! Makes me wish I had at least one warm costume to take a snowy pic in, but I deliberately avoid them because of con heat.

Chibi Yunie
02-14-2004, 02:49 PM

Lucky! I'm in Victoria and it never snows here. Only a few VERY rare flurries. -_- Ah well. *waits to see actual snow*

Dave
02-14-2004, 03:51 PM
All we got here were icy streets and cars. :/

Gren
02-14-2004, 05:02 PM
I hate the snow. I'm glad it's all melting.

Scortia
02-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Sheesh... all we got in Louisiana was a week of rain ... and it is still raining, ... and cold... with 100% humidity. ~_~;;;;;;;;;;; Ah, to see more than a half inch of snow here one day would be nice.

MarzGurl
02-15-2004, 12:30 AM
Canyon Lake got plenty of snow. It was the most snow I've seen in years!

lysariala
02-15-2004, 12:37 AM
hehe, ima dork and took pictures all day till it started melting if you wanna look go fo it ^_^ http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sarabear_90/my_photos in the vallentine's snow follder

imez2miss
02-15-2004, 04:04 AM
Chibi Yunie, I am in Corpus and it was so freaking cold, it felt like it should have been snowing. We got more a sleet type mist. I was watching my friend at her soccer game out at Cabaniss for a couple hours in the cold. I didn't realize you were so close. XD

Chibi Yunie
02-15-2004, 02:29 PM
Oh, cool, Corpus! I have to go down there this upcoming Friday.

Yeah, it was really cold here with sleeting mist, it was pretty close to snowing, I bet.; At least a little.

bishonenthief
02-17-2004, 03:49 PM
I hate the snow. I'm glad it's all melting.

same here...I don't deal well with the cold

=/

Mindaroth
02-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Scortia, you were the Yu~ki at ushicon??
*tackles you*

That was a beautiful costume. Seriously, I really loved it, and not to say that you aren't full of womanly virtues, but you make a fantabulous man. It was very well made, and your hair was perfect. Man, I'm so jealous.

Scortia
02-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Awww... thankies. ^o^ That wig was truly a lucky find. And I'm lucky Yu~ki wears a hat because it is a 3/4 wig. *hugs Yu~ki* Maybe I should revise my Au Revoir... love it too... love Yu~ki... all is good. Thanks for the man-comment... I don't think I look like a convincing man at all... especially since I have like no shoulders whatsoever... Yu~ki had shoulder pads. ;p

RuthlessJS
05-03-2004, 08:24 AM
As much as i hate resurrecting old threads I thought everyone would want to see this. Quite a few Ushicon cosplayers (myself included) appeared in May's issue of Animerica(manga/anime magazine).

The article talks about Ushicon and the concert and has lots of pictures of cosplayers that fansview.com took. Check it out.
If by chance these links dont work its because they have gone over bandwidth. So just wait a few hours.

https://webspace.utexas.edu/jcsmith/Cover-of-Animerica.jpg https://webspace.utexas.edu/jcsmith/First-Page.jpg https://webspace.utexas.edu/jcsmith/second-page.jpg