PDA

View Full Version : Two different classes?

supergeekgirl
04-29-2010, 03:16 PM
I wouldn't feel right entering as a Novice in the F&SF masquerade even though I've never done a Costume-Con, but I've never really done much historical costuming before and NEVER entered an historical masquerade or historical contest anywhere. Can I enter in two different categories in the two masquerades, or do I need to pick one and stay there?

And do you think I should just enter as a Novice in both, maybe? Those who know me can answer that one best.

Thanks!

RaDragon76
04-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Well, my sis and I are still considered to be Novices at CCs even though we've competed in two CC masquerades and we are considered Journeyman by Archon standards. We were likewise unsure and so we emailed the masquerade directors for the historical to find out were we fit in. I suggest that you email them and find out what they say though having been through both types of CC masquerades I might suggest that you go in as Novice in both since you've never competed at a CC before unless you feel more comfortable competing as a Journeyman. I'm not sure you can compete in two different classes at a CC.

CapsuleCorp
04-29-2010, 10:41 PM
You've won a lot of awards regionally, haven't you? Not competing at world level doesn't necessarily mean you're a novice...you're skilled enough to be in Journeyman. I went straight into Journeyman the first time I entered at CC because enough regional Best in Class awards means I'm sure as hell not a Novice.

But yeah, email the masq. directors and ask them. they have the final word on it, anyway.