PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat: Sub-Zero

MusicsFreedom
05-04-2010, 03:48 PM
People of cosplay.com I need your help! I am going as Sub-Zero (original) to a con in 2 months and I have come to a snag in the costume. I can't figure out how to make his "armor" (the blue top part of his outfit). http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mk1/subzero/sprites/stance/a1.gif I actually did make it out of foam and covered it but when I put it on it looks huge on me and sticks out like a football players...top...part. Idk what its called. -.-

Anyways, I need some ideas on what else I could make it out of. The very few people I have seen that did the original Sub-Zero looked like they just used fabric and nothing else but it seems more stiff that I would have imagined.

Thank you for any ideas!

ashelia89
05-06-2010, 09:19 AM
maybe instead of covering the whole blue part in foam why not cover the "essentials"(the shoulder pads) and have them point out :

i know this little diagram sucks XD

shoulder
--------
) /
------
| |
| |
| |
towards arm

*have them covered in some black fabric with a small amount of foam and then lay the blue fabric over it...or sew it on top*

measure out just how much fabric you want in width and length so it doesnt look warped :)

im not sure it makes sense but i hope it helps lol XD

MusicsFreedom
05-11-2010, 11:50 PM
I *kinda* get it. I guess the real problem I'm having is what to make it out of. That foam was just too much, maybe if I was a huge football player it would have sat right on me. xD I was thinking Model Magic but I'm not sure if that was ok to use or for a piece like that.