PDA

View Full Version : The Tribe

KnivesMoFO
09-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Alright... I just wanna get an idea... If I did a Tribe cosplay, would anyone recognize it?

KIL78
09-11-2003, 11:09 PM
holy crap are you talking about the thing on wham/ all the adults died from a virus and we live in a mall show? it was cool as hell ,,, I dont know maybe

KnivesMoFO
09-12-2003, 11:40 AM
Yeah, that's what I'm talkin bout....

petitemusu
09-12-2003, 01:51 PM
That show is the coolest. My friends and I are having a Tribe Halloween party so we would know :) But considering that at Dragoncon the draw wasn't that big I doubt many would recognize you. But see it this way - the costumes are attention getters and if you are planning to wear this to a con and someone asks where it's from you can tell them about The Tribe. Also a lot of places no longer air the show. What costume were you thinking?

KnivesMoFO
09-12-2003, 03:03 PM
I'm thinkin about doin a Zoot or a Ram... I like the villians..

Claireon
09-12-2003, 03:11 PM
Wow, that sounds cool... I just looked it up on IMDB.com and didn't find a thing about it, though. :( Any websites or anything you could refer a curious viewer to?

KnivesMoFO
09-12-2003, 04:30 PM
*nods* Totally!

http://www.tribeworld.com

That's the official site... it's got more or less everything you need to know about the show..

Also, if you get the channel WAM! (it's a Starz substation), it's on at 5 eastern time, and again at 11...

Any other questions, just send them my way!

DarkGunner
09-13-2003, 12:36 AM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMOMGOMG!!!!!!! Someone actually knows about The Tribe?! You are my heroes! All of you! XD Wow, this makes me so happy. lol sorry I sound so sillay. I was actually thinking about cosplaying Amber or Moz. Any excuse to wear lil strainers on my head. >< *lol* Zoot eh? Heh, you would get to wear some kickass contacts. :P

Susumari
09-13-2003, 12:44 AM
YEA! i've been meaning to go to that site over and over again after i see the show. sometimes i just catch it on tv. and i just (dies) love how everything is. that would be so kick ass as a costume. u know i just might do one for future

KnivesMoFO
09-13-2003, 01:46 AM
Wow! A bigger response than I thought...

Hmm.. Zoot could be fun... running around yelling "Power and Choas!"

petitemusu
09-13-2003, 02:24 AM
I prefer Ram - he's just so evil *lol* My friend and I had plans to attend DC and run around shouting Power & Chaos just to see what kind of weird looks we would get ^_^ (but we didn't get to go) Of course at the time I was thinking of being Trudy, but I've decided on TaiSan for Halloween. I've gone through so many ideas it drove me batty! The costumes are so cool. But Zoot would be easier to put together I think.

More Tribe Lovers!!!!!! Yeah!

Moz is so...ya...cool. Don't cross her path *laugh* I just can't stand Amber though :rolleyes: I could go on forever, but I'll leave it at that! For now...

DarkGunner
09-13-2003, 01:35 PM
*lol* Yes, Amber has her moments but she is blonde er, naturally blonde I put it at that, so that's why I was thinking of her. Moz is my number one I wanna go to the cooking store and ask for two strainers, then grab some sheet metal and make her "mosquito" eyes. So random! TaiSai is so cute Petite Musu, which costume were you thinking?

flowers_of_evil
09-14-2003, 02:23 AM
OMFG i looooove the tribe. im making a MOZ costume :D

petitemusu
09-14-2003, 01:09 PM
DarkGunner - *lol* Just the thought of what people will think you are making...! But if you're blonde you can be Dee before she was "officially" introduced. She had blonde before the pink ^_^ You'll just have to pull it up in those crazy multiple buns with the hair spraying out :)

Wow...I'm really surprised how many people are responding to this. I was worried because I've been planning a costume for nearly 8 months and no on had said anything on the boards so I was like ok~ay maybe I'm the weird one *lol* But it's cool! :bigtu: Too bad we can't all get together for a group pic ^_^

Oh! Here's the TaiSan costume I'm doing!

flowers_of_evil
09-14-2003, 02:15 PM
petitemusu-thats a cool taisan look, i always wanted to do the look when she was captured by the chosen and she had that cool mohawk thing with the straw things going through it.

and this is prolly a lil OT but does anyone watch atlantis high? its on wam before the first showing of the tribe 4:30 i believe

Sweet~Pea
09-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Wow that would be cool! I got into The Tribe back in 99 when I was visiting my relatives over in England:) I was surprised when it came out over here:) I'd definatly recognize you lol:) Go for it!
-Christa

KnivesMoFO
09-14-2003, 04:30 PM
Only thing is that I don't know if people around here will recognize it...

Also, I'd do Ram, but how on earth would I do his wheelchair?

flowers_of_evil
09-14-2003, 04:49 PM
KnivesMoFO-you could do ram when he is in virtual reality and he is not in the wheelchair :D

KnivesMoFO
09-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Ooh... Good point!

petitemusu
09-14-2003, 11:09 PM
flowers_of_evil - TaiSan's Supreme Mother look is cool and I thought about it, but I was worried that hair would be too dangerous ^_^;

KnivesMoFO -Recognize it in Iowa? Don't know how many people watch it there so sorry about not answering that. But you would definitely have one of the coolest costumes!

Ya, Ram has better hair in VR....also -

SPOILER

He does eventually walk if you want to do his spikey points...

flowers_of_evil
09-14-2003, 11:25 PM
also ram is in my opionion hotter in vr mode ^^;;;.
petitemusu-yeah the hair looks a bit dangerous but ive actually done the hair style minus the straw things of course XD and its not that bad just lots of teaseing :D that whole look is my favorite tai-san look

KnivesMoFO
09-15-2003, 11:27 AM
You mean in the VR mode, with his hair all down? That'd prolly be alot easier to pull off than the spikes...

Yeah, he walks.. I'm still curious if he's gonna be in Season 6... *shrugs* They killed off my first fave character, so I'll stick with Ram!

DarkGunner
09-15-2003, 02:12 PM
and this is prolly a lil OT but does anyone watch atlantis high? its on wam before the first showing of the tribe 4:30 i believe

eh. I think Atlantis High is ok. I have watched it a few times only because a few of the same actors from The Tribe are on it. It's a little too out there for me personally. I have actually noticed that they use some of the songs from the Tribe soundtrack as well as using scenes from the Tribe in the ending credits. Kind of crazy. XP

flowers_of_evil
09-15-2003, 02:34 PM
knivesmofo-yeah with his hair down thats a good look for him ^^ but as far as cosplay id prolly go with vr mode cos he walks but with the hair spiked and make up cos youd prolly have a better chance of getting recognized then, just a thought :B

darkgunner-yeah i agree its a little out there but i dunno ive kinda grown to like it cos i always watch in the down time before the tribe....the tribe is WAY superior of course

Magic General
09-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Michelle Ang = :heart: :heart:

petitemusu
09-19-2003, 10:58 PM
flowers_of_evil - I agree - Ram does look quite fine in VR mode. But I've never seen him wear his hair in the spikes in that mode (thank goodness).

I can't wait to see everyone's costumes. I'll begin working on mine soon!

Magic General - Yes, she is very beautiful!

Heather
09-25-2003, 02:18 PM
OMG; Atlantis High is on major amounts of DRUGS. XD

Anyways; THE TRIBE rocks so hard! A couple of my friends and I started CITYNET (http://citynet.pitas.com) so we could talk about the show and stuff. <3

I'm thinking next year at D*C, I'm going to do a female Ram costume. This past D*C I had on an original outfit. That I just threw a bunch of stuff together at it was a tribe outfit. XD I have to find my pictures of it. It turned out better than I thought it would.

I was debating on a Salene or May costume too. I love them. XD

We should get a big Tribe cosplay group together for D*C next year! <3

And man, Ram is hot to me no matter what. Does that make me weird? ^_^

http://www.whatthefun.net/citynet/visuals/avatars/ram01.jpg <3

Cait
09-26-2003, 07:51 PM
Ah, TRIBE! I didn't know anyone else on this continent knew what it was!

Personally, I doubt I'd be able to pull off any costumes, and at one point or another I've been disgusted by just about every character on the show. ^_^'

RAM's ok, very nice looking in VR mode, but Pride is where its at... or atleast he was until he lost all integrity around mid-techno invasion. Shoot. There is no dignity on that show!

Noticed in the videos of their performances/the music videos that the fans where the show's produced love to cosplay.. and to do original costumes, as well!

I think in many ways Atlantis High is easier to take, because it has the outrageous costumes and plots without as much of the soap opera on crack kind of character abuse. I can't remember her name, but I'd love to go as the girl who can't eat fresh foods withouth becoming criminally insane. You know, the one played by "May"...Laura Wilson? Yes, she often plays characters who are a little more messed up or dark, but admit it early on. Would probably cosplay any of her Cloud 9 characters.

Has anyone here/anywhere made/posted pictures of a Tribe or Atlantis High costume?

DarkGunner
09-26-2003, 10:01 PM
Dragon Con!! I wanna go!! I hear a few cast members from the Tribe were actually there this year? Meryl Cassie and others? If I can get the funds together I would most defiantly be up for getting a group together and erm sharing a room cause I don't know anyone in Atlanta. :P

Cait: I too had a thing for Pride until he started going all crazy and acting like a bird. I don't care if he had been sucked into VR he got a lil too crazy for me.

Heather
09-27-2003, 01:31 AM
I almost cried at D*C. Meryl (Ebony), Tom (Ram), Caleb (Lex), Beth (Amber) and Michael (Jack) were there. And they were all REALLY nice.

http://www.whatthefun.net/crap/dragon/fangirl.jpg
[*cry* Beth was like: "OMG YOU HAVE A TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES SHIRT ON. AWESOME!" O_O]

And I put pictures of my original Tribe costume in my gallery.

Did anyone watch the show tonight?

"You should go to hell." - Jay
"Hell?! Do you have the address?!" - Ram

He rules. XD

flowers_of_evil
09-27-2003, 01:36 AM
I almost cried at D*C. Meryl (Ebony), Tom (Ram), Caleb (Lex), Beth (Amber) and Michael (Jack) were there. And they were all REALLY nice.

[*cry* Beth was like: "OMG YOU HAVE A TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES SHIRT ON. AWESOME!" O_O]

And I put pictures of my original Tribe costume in the gallery.

He rules. XD

OMG you are soooooooo lucky i wanted to go soooo bad ;_; ida dressed as moz and omg ram says and does some of the FUNNIEST things XD and hes such a hottie in vr mode ^_____^

Cait
09-27-2003, 08:38 AM
*falls over* LUCKY!!!!!!!!!

DarkGunner
09-27-2003, 04:47 PM

And I put pictures of my original Tribe costume in my gallery.

He rules. XD
*is jealous* That so awesome that you got to meet them! XD XD Your costume is very kewl stuff, very Mallrat esque. ^^

petitemusu
10-04-2003, 05:18 PM
Yeah! You got to meet them. I wanted to go soooooo bad. Maybe another time.

How are everyone's costumes coming along? I've found most of my material and my friend's Ellie costume has begun. I'm really excited about these and I'll post pics after Halloween!

Amber_TheTribe
01-25-2010, 04:30 AM
:)You have always got other websites like theamulet.com

And wow people actually what the heck other people are going on about when they mention the Tribe they were going to re-show it on Five! on Sundays but i presume they have put it on then cancelled it gain after not even finishing the 1st season.

Does anyone here know where I can find some help to make a Amber costume when she was Eagle?
:)

samfail
07-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Has everyone heard that they are reviving The Tribe? They are releasing a book in November and a movie is in the works.