PDA

View Full Version : Photoshoots thread

TheAnarCHris
09-12-2003, 12:13 AM
Yay, photoshoots are fun, and instead of posting like 56 differents threads we can have one like here.

Here's mine: post yours if u want to as well:

Friday
Kingdom Hearts-6:00pm
Final Fantasy-7:00pm

Saturday
Outlaw Star- 1pm
Cosplay.com 2pm (sound good everyone?)
Final Fantasy 8-6:00pm

Sunday:
Guilty Gear-12:30pm

tsugaru
09-12-2003, 10:24 AM
Yay, photoshoots are fun, and instead of posting like 56 differents threads we can have one like here.

Here's mine: post yours if u want to as well:

Friday
Final Fantasy-7:00pm

Saturday
Outlaw Star- 1pm
Cosplay.com 2pm (sound good everyone?)
Final Fantasy 8-6:00pm

Sunday:

the cosplay.com one sounds good with me. I wonder if there will be anyone cos'ing from Samurai Deeper Kyo (or will I be the lonely kyo there haha) or FLCL (which friends are doing with meee). And if I can finish this windwaker link ill have that too!

cyborg_mermaid
09-12-2003, 05:47 PM
It'd be nice if there was a fighting game characters one, that's rare though. o.o

PatrickD
09-12-2003, 07:01 PM
It'd be nice if there was a fighting game characters one, that's rare though. o.o

Fox McCloud is up for that. ;)

RainAlvaran
09-12-2003, 10:42 PM
I say there should be a rare cosplayers photo shoot. In other words, find costumes you don't see often and have a shoot for that. ^_^

TheAnarCHris
09-13-2003, 01:40 AM
ahem, Guily Gear X/XX IS a fighting game.........

Demri
09-19-2003, 06:36 PM
Sounds good to me. I'll make sure Quisty's around at 6 p.m. on Saturday, and I might show up as Zelda for the generic 2 p.m. shoot. What a good organizer you are, Mr. Starwind! :)
Btw, is there going to be a Legend of Zelda shoot?

Poisonous Intent
09-19-2003, 10:13 PM
I'm going as Paine from FFx-2 (finally decided on a costume) and my freind is going as May from guilty gear...will be sure to show up at your shoots.

digikoomi
09-19-2003, 11:56 PM
I wish some one can come get me at artist alley..so I dont miss the photoshoot...anyone? ^^;;

TheAnarCHris
09-20-2003, 01:23 AM
UPDATE!!!

Due to signings/ Soul Caliber 2 touraments, I'm changing the times of the Otlaw Star and FF8 photoshoot.

It's now

Final Fantasy 8-1pm
Outlaw Star-4pm

Sorries, but i have much to do that day ^/^

DK, I'l sure I'll annoy u all over the weekend, so u wont miss the cosplay.com shoot

As for legend of Zelda, D, im ure u can organize one ^/^

neoangelwink
09-20-2003, 01:44 AM
^_^ all is good to me

digikoomi
09-20-2003, 02:00 AM
UPDATE!!!

Due to signings/ Soul Caliber 2 touraments, I'm changing the times of the Otlaw Star and FF8 photoshoot.

It's now

Final Fantasy 8-1pm
Outlaw Star-4pm

Sorries, but i have much to do that day ^/^

DK, I'l sure I'll annoy u all over the weekend, so u wont miss the cosplay.com shoot

As for legend of Zelda, D, im ure u can organize one ^/^

Yay~ ::dancing around::
but I am only there one day .

neoangelwink
09-20-2003, 02:02 AM
awwwwWWWWW!

Demri
09-20-2003, 02:21 PM
Oh, this is going to make me so crazy! Okay, so FF8's at 1 p.m. now... Hmm... Guess I'll have to show up as Quisty... Eek! Craziness!
Um, anyone else doing a Zelda cosplay, after about 3:00 p.m. on Saturday?? If so, PM me!

Admin
09-20-2003, 03:08 PM
For the cosplay.com photo, please see the recently updated policy on organizing this, about 2/3 down the page at http://www.cosplay.com/rules.php

Neither cosplay.com nor Eurobeat King is attending this convention, so whoever would like to be in charge of the cosplay.com photo will need to contact me so I can keep tabs on who's running it.

marsie
09-20-2003, 07:11 PM
^^;

Well I didn't read about this little rule but I did a huge photoshoot at ShoujoCon. I have the main cosplay.com group pictures. I am cleaning up the prints and I'll be scanning them in soon.

I hope that they will be allowed because of my faux pas.

I am 23 years old and have not done anything to my knowledge at the site.

The photoshoot was basically all day on Saturday and most of Sunday.

---------
If starwind can not organize the photoshoot I will be more than happy to do so myself. Since I did the last one. Not to mention that I am on Staff(Security) for the Convention.

I was also contacted by a woman from MTV who will be at AnimeNext doing a feature on FF cosplayers and I was invited to join. I would like to also like to submit what photo's I get from that when I get it.

The show is called "The Ultimate Video Game Show". I can give you her e-mail if you wish to contact her for vailidation.

Admin
09-21-2003, 01:19 AM
The new rule just went into effect around a week ago, so no worries. We just had a problem lately with people organizing a cosplay.com group photo and not even telling us about it, even at conventions we were going to.

So this way, we can also make sure that even if we're not attending a convention, the website's group photo is at least somewhat organized for sure. :)

aeva
09-21-2003, 10:03 PM
Expect me at the cosplay.com photoshoot as the Cheshire Cat. :3

TheAnarCHris
09-22-2003, 12:45 AM
Okies, since Marise has the crazt experience (ie running like one cosplay.com photoshoot oppose to the none I've run) I'll just stick to running my various FFs/KHs/GGXXs/ and OLSs if she's game.

HOWEVER since I am running both the FF/ff8 and Kingdom Hearts photoshoots, I would like to ask Ms.Marsie to introduce me to this MTV lady, seeing how I've been running the FF photshoots in NY since last year's AXNY. That and I already emailed her, so it would be cool to see if she recognizes me ^/^.

Demri
09-22-2003, 03:44 PM
Okay, I know I'm going to make a pest of myself here, but... I was wondering why the FF shoot is Friday night and the FFVIII shoot is Saturday afternoon. Couldn't we just go from one directly into the other? Like at 1:00, do the FFVIII shoot, and then right afterwards (say, 1:30-ish), do the total FF shoot? Feel free to admonish me if you think it's a bad idea; I know I can be a little bossy at times - sorry! :)

TheAnarCHris
09-22-2003, 04:32 PM
No biggie. Actually I might do like a mixed FF group that day, u know have both the FF8 cosplayers and the FF cosplayer who couldnt make it out til Saturday. That would easy to pull off.

Demri
09-22-2003, 04:50 PM
Um, I'm the FF (& FFVIII, for that matter) cosplayer who couldn't make it til Saturday. Silly! :P
Or was there someone else? My memory is ailing.

TheAnarCHris
09-22-2003, 10:35 PM
I'm just saying it in general. U never know, Saturdays tend to have the best attendance dates.

Demri
09-23-2003, 07:35 AM
Yea!! So I might not miss out on too much! :) I finally found some decent burgundy pleather so I'm redoing Quistis' armguards and I'm making her black pleather pants, too. It's going to be an ACCURATE costume this go around. Whoo-hoo! I'm excited!! :) (Not that anyone cares, but I had to share!)

neoangelwink
09-23-2003, 09:15 AM
ainimenext is getting really high tech here

Demri
09-23-2003, 10:13 AM
Hehe. High tech. :) Isn't Starwind going to have a new gunblade?

TheAnarCHris
09-23-2003, 11:39 AM
No...:is confused:: I'll have a shiney new caster with any luck, but I'm keepin' good old Punishment.

Ranma Saotome
09-23-2003, 12:08 PM
Dood...

Cosplay is around 6PM I think.

Make the cosplay.com shoot also NYO! Cosplay, OtakuArmy and COSP ML. ^^ Best place to have the shoots? In the patio area. ^^

Demri
09-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Oh. ::is confused, too:: I thought I remembered reading something like that in a thread a long time ago... Oopsies. My bad; I'm semi-illiterate.

TheAnarCHris
09-23-2003, 12:42 PM
What 'choo talking bout Ranma.

As I mentioned b4, I'm no longer in charge of the Cosplay.com photoshoot, that's Marsie's projct now, though I'm pretty sure we'll have it at the same time.

But as far as me goes, this is what i got for MY photoshoots, or any shoots I'm involved in.

Friday
All Final Fantasy-7:00pm

Saturday
Final Fantasy 8/All Final Fantasy verison 2.0- 1pm
Cosplay.com /NYO!/Otaku Army-2pm
Outlaw Star-4:30pm

Sunday:

This work for those showing up for em?

Ranma Saotome
09-23-2003, 12:44 PM
Starwind... Go back and edit that first post! :p

TheAnarCHris
09-23-2003, 12:45 PM
By the way, all of my photoshoots will be at the patio /dealer room area.

marsie
09-23-2003, 12:52 PM
Okay, I am going to wait until I see when some of the signings are going to be before I say a definate ti8me on the photoshoot; I also want to make sure that I am not working. ^^

The general area will be the patio/dealers room depending on how many people show up and the weather....do you all think an announcement here as well as at the registration desk is needed? I can copy and post the photoshoot times there if needed. Whadda you all think?

Ranma Saotome
09-23-2003, 01:00 PM
Starwind...

Anime NEXT's dealer room is where SJcon events were and vice versa.

Demri
09-23-2003, 01:08 PM
Works for me. :)

TheAnarCHris
09-23-2003, 01:57 PM
Fine, all of my photoshoots will be near the patio area, that less vague?

And marsie, if you could post the photoshoot somewhere, like that board @ SJC, that would rock my socks ^_^=.

dressdragn
09-23-2003, 03:58 PM
Trigun photo shoot Sunday at 2:00 pm We will meet in front of the dealers room, but may move out side under the tent depending on the light.

I'll be there as red plug suit Knives, it would be great if we got some of the lesser seen costumes out there too.

SailorMo
09-23-2003, 05:42 PM
WOAH..... Hold it people....

The patio that's outside the lower level ballroom MAY be used for convention programming.

Lemme get in touch with the higher-ups as to the final layout and I'll get back to ya on the best place to have group photos.. Last I heard, we will NOT be setting it up like Shoujocon did.

However, there is a patio in the back of the hotel that leads to the outdoor pool. If it's still nice out, around there may be your best bet.

Worst case, Emmy & I can physically scope out a spot at the next meeting. Sound good?

SailorMo
09-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Update on Patio/Tent outside lower ballroom:

It will not be used for anything.. HOWEVER... It won't be accessible from inside the hotel (We're gonna have stuff in that "hallway") AND... it will be clear on friday and saturday ONLY. There's another event coming in right after us on sunday and they're using it for storage, so I hear. >.>

Dragonrage
09-23-2003, 08:54 PM
I'll be there saturday only with a few others, and we'll all be at the Cosplay.com shoot. You can count Kyo from fruits basket there!
Any news on a Fruits basket shoot?

Ranma Saotome
09-23-2003, 09:44 PM
Hold it!!!

For a small con, there are too many photoshoots. I told Emeralda like 3 weeks back that there should be no more than 5 shoots. Remember at BAAF? Too many! How about this?

1. Cosplay.com/NYO!/OA/COSP ML
2. FF
3. All Fighting games

That way there can be mini shoots in each one. ^^

echocharlie
09-23-2003, 10:33 PM
Update on Patio/Tent outside lower ballroom:

It will not be used for anything.. HOWEVER... It won't be accessible from inside the hotel (We're gonna have stuff in that "hallway") AND... it will be clear on friday and saturday ONLY. There's another event coming in right after us on sunday and they're using it for storage, so I hear. >.>

There's also a beautiful area behind where the panel rooms are.
There's a terrace with stairs leading down into a very scenic area.
That's where all the weddings go for their pictures. You should
definitely consider that area.

The patio/hallway near the Grand Ballroom (where Shoujocon's
Dealer Room was) is actually going to be Artist's Alley and
Registration for us, so not a very good place for photos...

TheAnarCHris
09-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Nargh, this is getting horribly complex.

Okay ppl here's the deal. We'll scope out location for the photoshoot at the con. We'll meet up at the same time for the shoots near registration, and then move to the best area for photos as see fit. Sound good?

Ranma Saotome
09-24-2003, 01:40 AM
Starwind if you're going to do that, get there early. ^^

dressdragn
09-24-2003, 08:42 AM
look, it's not like every one has to attend every photo shoot. I people not cosplaying outlaw star proably won't show up for the outlaw star photo shoot. There were lots at Shoujo Con and it worked out ok.

Anywho, I think there should be a few we all try and attend, like OA/NYO and cosplay.com and then the rest are up to the individual.

I know I'll be at OA/NYO, Cosplay.com, Trigun and at least one FF shoot.

About meeting up, look we can meet up anywhere and then you can always move to a better location near by.

Trigun is meeting up infront of the dealers room (I think it's where shoujo con main events was) and then I'm going to walk everybody down the hall to that area with the steps so if theres lots of people we can stand on the stairs so everybody can be seen. and if theres only a few people we can sit on the couch.

~Anna

Studmaster
09-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Hold it!!!

For a small con, there are too many photoshoots. I told Emeralda like 3 weeks back that there should be no more than 5 shoots. Remember at BAAF? Too many! How about this?

1. Cosplay.com/NYO!/OA/COSP ML
2. FF
3. All Fighting games

That way there can be mini shoots in each one. ^^

I may not be Emeralda, but I don't think it's our responsiblity as a convention to police how many photoshoots there are. And combining the photoshoots is not a good idea either, as you have the potential of limiting how many people can particpate in as well. The best thing to do is to have a master list, and oraganize it for yourselves there.

number18
09-24-2003, 09:44 AM
I know it's impossible to please everyone. I'm GOING to get Marc Diraison's autograph and probably hump his leg or something, and my opportunity to do that range's from 1 to 3 pm...so if the cosplay.com shoot's at 2, I might not be there. But hopefully I will. Hopefully. :D

TheAnarCHris
09-24-2003, 11:55 AM
I may not be Emeralda, but I don't think it's our responsiblity as a convention to police how many photoshoots there are. And combining the photoshoots is not a good idea either, as you have the potential of limiting how many people can particpate in as well. The best thing to do is to have a master list, and oraganize it for yourselves there.

Aka, what I've been trying to do...thanks Studmaster, maybe ppl will listen to you.....

OKay folks, maybe this got lost somehow, but what I'm trying to do here is have a little fun, takes sum pics and have a pleasant little con experience. Is that so wrong? No I didn't think so.

Okay so here's what I got, and what I'm standing by, no and ifs or whatever. You'll notice that my list is also shorter, it's because as of now, I'm only worried about the ones I'm running. While I'm sure I'll attend the Cosplay.com one, the NYO!/Otaku Army one, it's not really my place to run them, seeing how I'm not really anything of real importance on cosplay.com, and I'm only a senior member/mod of the NYO!, and Vp of Otaku Army. While I'm sure we can work something out with the NY cosplay groups, I feel it's best that we deal with it on OUR respective boards, not this one.

Series: When: Where to meet up:
Kingdom Hearts Friday, October 3rd, 6pm Outside Dealer's room
Various Final Fantasies 10-3 7pm Outside Dealer's room

Final Fantasy 8/ VFF shoot 2.0 Sat., Oct. 4, 1pm Near Registration
Outlaw Star 10-4 4:30pm Where the Itho signing will be

Guilty Gear Sunday, Oct.5 12:30pm Outside Dealer's Room.

If you wish to add to this list, copy and past it in your thread, and add ur shoot(s).

marsie
09-24-2003, 12:10 PM
I think Ranma needs to settle down and let the people who are RUNNING the photoshoots work it out themselves.

If I wanted to have a photoshoot with people wearing green tshirts I can. -.-

I did see a fun fun gazebo outside...I think maybe some outdoor shots would be nice plus it would give us a chance to spread out more. Plus we won't be crowding anyone. ^^

My guess is that once I look at all the scheduals that we can get together for the shoot. Maybe the same time as the dinner?

Ranma Saotome
09-24-2003, 12:45 PM
Well I go by my personal experiences, ok?! I didn't want what happened at BAAF (too many shoots).

Fine, I'll shut the hell up and disappear.

marsie
09-24-2003, 01:50 PM
And we apperiate your imput but I have organized a photoshoot, now it didn't go as perfectly as I wanted it to but we did have a large amount of people there. So I was not too upset.

I agree with Studmaster that some people would like to get other things done than sit and wait for their turn at a photo shoot.

There will be a master list. Hopefully near the registration desk. I will work it out with those reg people at the con.

Also do we want as a group (FF) go and see the Tidus? I plan on stalking him to get my picture with him in my Yuna. It would be kinda cool as a group to get him in a shot.

TheAnarCHris
09-24-2003, 02:32 PM
And we apperiate your imput but I have organized a photoshoot, now it didn't go as perfectly as I wanted it to but we did have a large amount of people there. So I was not too upset.

I agree with Studmaster that some people would like to get other things done than sit and wait for their turn at a photo shoot.

There will be a master list. Hopefully near the registration desk. I will work it out with those reg people at the con.

Also do we want as a group (FF) go and see the Tidus? I plan on stalking him to get my picture with him in my Yuna. It would be kinda cool as a group to get him in a shot.

NEIN!!!!

I'll go easy on ya Mars, coz ur hella cool and don't know me that well, but I HATE Tidus...I mean LOATHE the characters...I hate him sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much....but I'm not one to discourage other FFX fans to go, so if u wanna aducted ppl after the shoots, go ahead, I'm not one to stop other ppl's fun, just don't count me in...sides i doubt he would want to me sum nut job who hates him character...well that and I have to convert into Outlaw Mode as well......I have other guests asses to kiss,lol.

BUT A GREEN SHIRT SHOOT? I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo in,lol.

Demri
09-24-2003, 07:44 PM
Thanks, Starwind. You summed up my feelings toward Tidus pretty well. :) What time is the dinner thing - is that still Friday night? I wish I could get there on Friday, but I can't. Oh, well...

TheAnarCHris
09-24-2003, 10:34 PM
I'm not the only one ::glomps Demri:: Then again ur a quisty cosplayer,i expect such from you, hehe.
As for the dinner thing, ppl were complaing that it was too much at the hotel, but if u wanna do something sat night, talk to me at the con, we an plan there. Mae we'll do a couples things, you know, u and ur bf and me and my gf.

dressdragn
09-25-2003, 09:57 AM
Photo shoots not listed by Chris above. Just a confrimation.

I will be doing 2 photo shoots.

On saturday at 2pm, an OtakuArmy/NYO photo shoot (we will meet infront of the dealers room)

On sunday at 2pm a Trigun photo shoot. (we will meet infront of the dealers room).

I will also be attending at least of the FF photo shoots, in a suprise costume.

~Anna

Studmaster
09-25-2003, 10:02 AM
Okay everyone. All future Photoshoot info should be posted here (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=21518) for the sake of having the information in one solid thread.

Anna: The Cosplay.com photoshoot is at 2 PM on Saturday at that time right now. For the sake of not having things conflict. Would you like to pick another time in case the CC shoot stays there?

marsie
09-25-2003, 06:41 PM
OMG but he is Hella hot in real life.....*smiles dreamily*

I wish my man would come to a con...*pout in corner*

How about a Cosplay.com Pool Party? Just a thought.

TyJILDown
09-25-2003, 11:03 PM
Friday at 7:30pm outside of the dealers room/Westchester Ballroom will be the Naruto photoshoot.

RX 03, Oshi, my boyfriend and I figured we would make this an open photoshoot since we are getting together for Naruto pictures at that time.

We'll probably be there for about a half an hour or so ^^

TheAnarCHris
09-27-2003, 12:34 AM
okies, two things, there's gonna be a King of the Fighters photoshoot on Sunday @ 12,same place as the GXX one.

As for a pool partythat would be super fun mars, assuming we can fit it in somewhere @_@

neoangelwink
09-27-2003, 12:36 AM
oo ^_^ pool that sound fun they do have nice hot tub there.

Ranma Saotome
09-27-2003, 02:17 PM
How about a Capcom shoot, or yet another Capcom VS SNK shoot? Your call Starwind. ^^

marsie
09-27-2003, 03:15 PM
Pool Party=Okay I am thinking Friday night...after 8 or so?

Ranma Saotome
09-27-2003, 03:23 PM
Pool is open til 10PM. ^^

TheAnarCHris
09-28-2003, 01:38 AM
Ummm.. 8:30 for the pool party?

As for the Capcom vs. Snk shoot, if capcom ppl want to show up at the SNK shoot on Sunday we can do that.

TheAnarCHris
09-28-2003, 02:57 AM
BTW Mars, me and angelwink were talking about doing pool party verison of FF characters (she's going as Aeris, me as Cloud and our friend Crystal might goes as Tifa) U wanna join in too? ^_^\

Ranma Saotome
09-28-2003, 03:49 AM
Hey that works... Hmm... Mind if I bring my XBV Barret? :D

TheAnarCHris
09-28-2003, 11:40 PM
WTF not right? We seem to have a FF7 theme going on right, seeing how we now have a Cloud(me), Aerith (N.A.W.) and possiblyu a Tifa and Sephiroth.