PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean Cosplay

Aciano
05-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Haha. I was wondering how much of coscom has or is interested in sometime doing a Star Ocean cosplay. I've also been noticing it seems like it's a dying fanbase .3.

But aside form that lol. I've been planning to do a Sarah Jerand from Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope (http://creativeuncut.com/gallery-10/art/so4-sarah-jerand.jpg) possibly next year :3

FinalEVA
05-13-2010, 02:37 AM
Haha. I was wondering how much of coscom has or is interested in sometime doing a Star Ocean cosplay. I've also been noticing it seems like it's a dying fanbase .3.

But aside form that lol. I've been planning to do a Sarah Jerand from Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope (http://creativeuncut.com/gallery-10/art/so4-sarah-jerand.jpg) possibly next year :3

Awesome! I'm a big fan of Sarah from that game. She made me laugh a lot. I've thought about doing an Edge Maverick cosplay, but I would need to build a good vacuum former machine that many of the Star Wars fans use for the armor to look right. Claude Kenny wouldn't be so difficult, though.

A lot of people didn't like SO4 so much, but I thought it was alright. I will say - it was much better on the International version with the Japanese audio. Without getting into the console stuff too much, It probably would have been better if it was on the PS3 and 360 both from the start. When it finally came to the PS3, many of the PS3 owners got a bad impression from the 360 owners. I think it was mainly the voice acting, though.

Kerodohi
05-14-2010, 07:44 PM
At some point, I still plan to do a SO3 Albel Nox ^-^ I just love his design.

LadiesMan217
05-15-2010, 06:06 PM
I would love to do a Meracle Chamlotte costume from 4. Possibly for Otakon 2011. I love her design, she is so cute.

And I agree that this particular game may have gotten a bum rap from 360 players. The PS3 version with the Japanese audio is awesome.

atlantisan
05-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Ugh omg I would love to be Nel Zepher one day. I love the costumes for Star Ocean, though. They're so freaking epic. ;-; I definitely don't see enough of them. I haven't played SO4 yet since I don't have a ps3... but yeah, I heard the ps3 version was better. :/

demifiend
05-16-2010, 04:16 AM
My first cosplay was actually Albel Nox! It was awful, but I had fun making it.
I was planning to do an Edge Maverick cosplay this year, but it was just too daunting for this year. I stuck to my idea of Thane Krios from Mass Effect 2, but am considering Edge for later. A shame, since I was the one who killed our whole group idea- we had an Arumat, Sarah and Meracle! Definitely need to put it all together next year.

Naunen
05-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Bump

I'm planning on going as Crowe Almedio. Chances are that I'll also have an Arumat with me sometime next year. @_@ Gonna have to work with armour.

Ragtime Mouth
05-28-2010, 07:02 PM
It's a dying series, all of them after 2 are very generic. I never see anyone doing anyone other then Abel. I was Leon from 2 for my brothers wedding on halloween, I'm surprised 2 people knew who I was.

Issu
06-07-2010, 07:53 AM
I've seen a few cosplayers from 3 and then an Opera which was not only exciting but she was so cute~ (I do agree that the latest games are generic too) but its nice to know it still attempted to stay afloat as a series.

I would like to cosplay either Leon, Celene or Opera. Maybe Maria. I've been meaning to get in at least one Star Ocean cosplay for the longest.

Aricil
06-07-2010, 11:03 PM
I wanna be Nel or Maria from 3 in my lifetime. Sometime. :B I would've chosen Sophia, but she annoyed me too much. I don't like cosplaying characters I find annoying. ;_;

Trir
06-08-2010, 05:05 PM
I so got to point my GF to this thread. She's a huge Star Ocean fan and has got me into it as well. thou I've only played 2 and 4. She's been Rena and I was Claude, but been wanting to be Ashton (Like him more).

We currently working on Star Ocean 4 cosplay to holdfully be done in time for Otakon 2011. Have a small group consisting of myself as Edge, Eva Yui as Reimi, a friend as Lymle and seeing if can convince another of my friends to go as Faize.

It may not be as popular as other games but I love the series.

Side note...star ocean 4 armor is gonna be a blast as well as a nightmare to make.

Aricil
06-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Trir : If you can't find someone to be Faize, you could always make a plushie! :D

MeiChama
06-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Eventually I wanna cosplay Albel Nox. I'm just kinda iffy on it since I'd be showing my stomach and legs. |D My friend REALLY wants me to do it though since she'll be Peppita with me.

Xenocide
06-12-2010, 10:43 PM
YESSSS! Was hoping there were others out there that wanted to Star Ocean. I'm a biiiig SO2 fan though ;o Would totally love to do either an Ashton Anchors ORRR a Dias Flac ;D The only thing with Dias is his voice @_@ Mine is more an Ashton range hahaha. That and the fact that I can carry like, a barrel around with me would be hilarious. I just wouldn't know how to get the Dragons on my shoulder x_x Would have to be creative for that hehe. Best of luck with future costumes all!

Soreyle
07-03-2010, 10:13 PM
I hope I see some other SO cosplayers at Otakon this year! I'll be going as Ilia from SO1 (: