PDA

View Full Version : YuriCon 2003 [in Newark, NJ] anyone??

kryptic_fairy
10-13-2002, 11:42 AM
Hello everyone... I was wondering if any of you were going to attend the YuriCon in Newark, NJ... its in June of 2003, and it focuses on Yuri & strong female anime characters... very pro-femme & the events sound really cool... a masquerade, crossdressing anime fashion shows, live RPGing, trivia & other contests, karaoke, and other cute stuff, from what ive heard... its easy to commute to since Penn Station is in the same city... write back!! ^_^

~Danni

Keurblitz
10-13-2002, 11:55 AM
I'm interested... I'll see my fundings...
The cons I wanna go to in 2003 are Katsucon, Shoujocon and Otakon.... If my fundings are still *ahem healthy then I'll go to Yuri-con also....

Oshi
10-13-2002, 06:05 PM
Ne... I'm going to AMA... >.>;

aeva
10-13-2002, 09:05 PM
Aeva would give up so much to go to Yuricon.... but that stupid 18+ thing [even though its kind of ILLEGAL to let Aeva in].... . Yuri ish good. Aeva wants to go. Curse you, 1986!!

Keurblitz
10-13-2002, 09:20 PM
^_^ Keurblitz was just born just in time ^_^ go 1984!!! haha, anyway

I don't really know of any good yuri titles though except for Utena and Battle Athletes.... what else are there?

aeva
10-13-2002, 09:37 PM
Well, there are a few random yuri moments in Very Private Lesson [which is NOT hentai, no matter how bad it sounds...]

There's also Knights Ramune [Ramune Fresh & 40]. Though not marketed as yuri, there's a lot of completely random groping and whatnot.

....but there's always the wonder of the fangirl/boy mind that can create yuri couples based on whims and fetishes. ^^

moo
10-14-2002, 02:20 AM
I've been noticing a few subtextual moments here and there in the Ah! My Goddess manga and Love Hina manga.

Does this require spoiler space? Just to be on the safe side...

m

o

o

o

!

In AMG, Mara/Marller seems almost affectionate with Urd, and made a rather suggestive comment at Megumi before first possessing her (demonic possession, silly peeps! XD).

In Love Hina, there are many bits of shoujo-ai sprinkled throughout, especially when concerning Kitsune and Mutsumi, although in Mutsumi's case, she's just verrry friendly with everyone. :)

TheAnarCHris
10-14-2002, 02:59 AM
I really dont know. Money's a big factor, with Otakon, Shoujo and BaaF within a month;s period. It all depends if i go to AnimeNORTH as well. I might though, if for only one day, just to say hi to the ppl i missed at cons this year.

Himemiya
10-14-2002, 08:07 AM
::bounces up and down:: I'm planning on going :bouncer:
The main problem I have is that Yuricon = in New Jersey... I'm in north carolina x.x
I STILL HAVE TO GO!!!

I'm cosplaying lots of sailor jupiter crazyness, and probably ranma, just because... Yuri, ranma! It makes sense! ^_^;

Keurblitz
10-14-2002, 08:12 AM
I wonder if there'll be cosplayers dressing in Yaoi costumes going to Yuri con.... :: ponders ::

Kyariko
10-16-2002, 04:49 PM
Yuricon? Newark? June 2003? Hell, that's like 20 mins away from where I live. But doncha have to be 18 and over or summat? I'd like to go, im pro-yuri and all...

Himemiya
10-17-2002, 07:54 AM
www.yuricon.com

I'm on the registration "staff" mailing list, but the few ideas i put out no one really seems to agree with or care about ^_^; its gonna be a good con thou

TyJILDown
10-17-2002, 11:37 AM
I'll be 18 in April so I'm pretty much set...a few people I know wanted to go but I dunno if theyll definatly be going but I'll be there ^^

Kaoru_kamiya
10-17-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Kyariko
Yuricon? Newark? June 2003? Hell, that's like 20 mins away from where I live.
Oooo.... I too live 20 mins away from Newark. live in South Orange. ^^

Kurai
04-14-2003, 02:52 PM
I'm going! *fails about* I'll be in Artist's Alley so buy my stuff! XD

*Jibrielle*
04-14-2003, 08:19 PM
:( I wanted to go to Yuricon.......but I'm too young.

Kimiko
04-15-2003, 04:37 PM
I'll be there! Much Sailor Venus goodness! ::grin:: and maybe a few yuri characters.

Reiko
04-22-2003, 07:50 PM
Newark De here .... yeah i know lame post... see ya!

SailorMo
04-22-2003, 08:06 PM
Me too.... doing the kimono tying demo (geee.... suprise there....) Only saturday tho-- funds are really tight this year. : /

harukarose
04-28-2003, 03:02 PM
Hi, all!! I'll be at Yuri-con. ^_^ Just thought I'd say hi!!

makonurikoryoko
05-13-2003, 11:12 PM
oo im hoping to go.. possibly Utena in Pj's or maybe aumanganess or something i think of.. anyone wanna cosplay with me? well if i go XD aaaah. I think i also nee dto get a real ID or something.. i dont think college Id will work will it? It did at shoujocon but then again the guy knew an ex of mine

Zephyrs
05-14-2003, 03:55 PM
a bunch of my friends are going and asked me if I would want to come (of course!) but then you run into that whole "Chris is still 17" type deal. bummer. oh well, there's always next year!

I live so ridiculously close to Newark it'd almost be a waste to NOT go for at least one day. but then the whole being underage thing. I see why they gotta do it, but... eh. next year!

Kimiko
06-02-2003, 05:18 PM
makonurikoryoko- You need a photo id with your age on it (Rather, a day of birth thilngie) and the cosplay was a pre-reg type thing, just like AX >.<;

Just a FYI!!

Can't waaaaait!! It's comming up so very quickly!!

SailorMo
06-02-2003, 05:55 PM
That reminds me...

My kimono tying demo is 10am on saturday, for anyone who's interested..

It'll be the real basic stuff I've been showing... only women's since I don't have any men's kimono.

If you're planning to go, and there's something specific about kimono you'd like me to show you, feel free to drop me a line, so I make sure I'll have it with me. I just can't bring *everything*... ^_^

Himemiya
06-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Waaaaaah ::cries:: i want to go so badly ::cries more::

Maybe next year it wont be two weeks after animazement >.<

Ginnychan
06-11-2003, 11:07 PM
Yay, I found a Yuricon thread!

I was gonna go to Buffycon this weekend...then I found out about Yuricon. It looks awesome, my boyfriend and I will be going...dressed as Willow and Spike from Buffy ^_^* Hope we don't get any heat for that! (Or at least him...I mean hey, Willow's a lesbian! ^_~)

I probably wouldn't be saying this if I was still under age, but I think the age limit is fair. It means no one will be trying to hide "inappropriate" material. At panels, everyone can say whatever they want, the cosplay can get as racey as it wants to be...there doesn't have to be an "adult only" section of the art room..I feel for those of you who I know can handle that kind of stuff and are underage...but don't worry. Your time will come ^_^