PDA

View Full Version : Freelance Photographer Available for Shoots at Anime Expo

SuzukiMethod
05-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Hello there! I'm not professional yet but going for it and building up my portfolio. i have some sample pictures in there already of my work but I'd like to open myself up for any of the events going on at Expo. It's my second year going but not my first con. (SacAnime, Anime Vegas, Anime Boston, and Expo)
Free of charge, my payment is wonderful pictures of awesome cosplayers!

This will be the site the pictures will be posted on as well. But this is for my work samples. As I said, I'm not a professional and the shoots Will be Free.
http://mkportfolio.shutterfly.com/

Feel free to message me on here or on my email(preffered) 'melodiousschemer@yahoo.com' to discuss location and times.

June 31st -Day 0-
Free (AFTER 4pm)

July 1st -Day 1-
1.Vocaloid- 3pm
2. Free
3.Free

July 2nd -Day 2-
1. 1pm Bleach Gathering
2. 4pm Organization XIII
3. (cosplaying/photography)Reborn! at 2pm (Potluck at noon)
4.3pm Kuroshitsuji private shoot :)

July 3rd -Day 3- Message me about any other times and I'll see if we can work something out!)
1. 11am Naruto Gathering
2. 3pm Disney
3. 12-1 K-ON
4.(cosplaying/pictures) TWEWY 2pm
5. Private Vocaloid shoot 5:30

July 4th -Day 4-
1. 1pm- Zombie Gathering
2. Free
3. Free

kuroikouma
05-12-2010, 07:20 PM
As one of her models, I can definitely vouch for her. She's an excellent photographer to work with, and takes excellent photos.

Kitsunesraine
05-12-2010, 07:36 PM
You should take pictures of the gintama and zombie gathering on Sunday day 4

SuzukiMethod
05-12-2010, 07:51 PM
You should take pictures of the gintama and zombie gathering on Sunday day 4

The Zombie Gathering sounds absolutely Amazing! I'll have to theme one of my outfits for that while I take pictures! I'll put that one up right away! :)

Kuroi: As always it is more than a pleasure to work with you love.

SycoTik
05-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Well I know there's gonna be a high level of Naruto gatherings on Day 3. The Naruto Cosplay Gathering starts at 11am and the rest just continue afterwards, tis on my sig. It's awesome that you're doing this and letting everyone on the board here know for AX. Thank you. ^_^

SuzukiMethod
05-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Well I know there's gonna be a high level of Naruto gatherings on Day 3. The Naruto Cosplay Gathering starts at 11am and the rest just continue afterwards, tis on my sig. It's awesome that you're doing this and letting everyone on the board here know for AX. Thank you. ^_^

Naruto's a good way to start I suppose. Those sound huge! O_O I'd probably go to the first one :)
Thank you so much sweetie. I just know that when I take my friends pictures, it is so much fun, and I love to do it. It'll be great to participate in any of these and get some great shots. Should I go let the forum know? (I did for the Zombie one so I'm just doubel checking for this.)

Wow, with all these gatherings Maybe I should open it up more to like three a day....

Mariks_Dragon
05-12-2010, 08:21 PM
Could you take pics at the Bleach gathering day 2. Thanks. Its at 1 pm

SuzukiMethod
05-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Could you take pics at the Bleach gathering day 2. Thanks. Its at 1 pm

Certainly! :) Would you like me to post a confirmation on the forum?

SycoTik
05-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Naruto's a good way to start I suppose. Those sound huge! O_O I'd probably go to the first one :)
Thank you so much sweetie. I just know that when I take my friends pictures, it is so much fun, and I love to do it. It'll be great to participate in any of these and get some great shots. Should I go let the forum know? (I did for the Zombie one so I'm just doubel checking for this.)

Wow, with all these gatherings Maybe I should open it up more to like three a day....

^___^ If you'd like to sure, the gathering tends to get quite a few photographers showing up. I don't think any of them ask the forum about it though, they just show. Also, if you want to, there's a section around here for the photographers to talk about photography and all the photoshoots and such. One that I know that tends to post around this section is Fremen, great photographer. Another whose known on the site is Eurobeat King, he pretty much goes to all the cons and is excellent.
If ya wanna, I got a facebook, care to add? ^^

SuzukiMethod
05-12-2010, 10:05 PM
^___^ If you'd like to sure, the gathering tends to get quite a few photographers showing up. I don't think any of them ask the forum about it though, they just show. Also, if you want to, there's a section around here for the photographers to talk about photography and all the photoshoots and such. One that I know that tends to post around this section is Fremen, great photographer. Another whose known on the site is Eurobeat King, he pretty much goes to all the cons and is excellent.
If ya wanna, I got a facebook, care to add? ^^

Oh really? ^^; I don't know, I felt like i'd be intruding if I did that/ heh heh, i'm actually kind of a spaz and really freak out on these kinds of things. To have met someone nice off the bat was a first and a pleasant surprise.
Oh god! I couldn't post with the big time photographers >////< My measly amatureness would be humiliating. The only reason i posted this (other than to be polite) Is because my girlfriend had to kinda talk me through it XD

I'd like that very much :) Thank you.

SycoTik
05-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Oh really? ^^; I don't know, I felt like i'd be intruding if I did that/ heh heh, i'm actually kind of a spaz and really freak out on these kinds of things. To have met someone nice off the bat was a first and a pleasant surprise.
Oh god! I couldn't post with the big time photographers >////< My measly amatureness would be humiliating. The only reason i posted this (other than to be polite) Is because my girlfriend had to kinda talk me through it XD

I'd like that very much :) Thank you.

Glad she did, those pics are sweeeeeet. :D

People at the cons are general nice and friendly, easy to get to know too. Just be yourself and enjoy the atmosphere if anything. ^_^

Here's my FB: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=583505482

Mariks_Dragon
05-13-2010, 12:25 AM
sure

Access
05-13-2010, 03:42 AM
^___^ If you'd like to sure, the gathering tends to get quite a few photographers showing up. I don't think any of them ask the forum about it though, they just show. Also, if you want to, there's a section around here for the photographers to talk about photography and all the photoshoots and such. One that I know that tends to post around
One thing I would recommend is not to focus on the gatherings themselves. As you photograph the gathering, keep an eye out for people in good costumes or people who are really into it. Then once the gathering is officially over and most of the photographers have moved on, talk with these people individually, photograph people in smaller groups, with different scenery (less crowded), and so on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/accesstime/3708667811/in/set-72157621759127719/

I don't know if it's actually true (never counted) but often times the gatherings feel like there are more photographers taking pictures than cosplayers.

Kitsunesraine
05-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Well it looks Like Ill be running into you quite a bit! ^^ considering you have two really big gatherings your going to do. ahaha, Cant wait to meet you in person, you seem really chill!

Besides Im pretty glad, no honored, that you will be taking pictures, for all 3 gatherings that Im going to! ^^ you makes me feel special................

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000688521472&ref=profile
heres my facebook btw!

chimchim
05-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Im hosting the vocaloid gathering and i was wondering if you can come day 1 @3:00 pm?
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=199226

Musicalpencil
05-30-2010, 12:30 AM
There's a Disney gathering on both Day 2 and 3. I know I and the others would love if you stopped by.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=199467

Ayame Uchiha
05-30-2010, 01:54 AM
Theres an Organization 13 gathering on day 2 @ 4pm in the south hall

Hope you'll be able to make it ^^

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=184895&page=6

katx
06-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Would you be interested in a K-On gathering? I'm hosting it, but haven't finalized whether it'll be on Friday (5-ish) or Saturday (mid-afternoon)
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=209028

You might want to check the Fighting Generation Gathering too (Friday 11:30). There will be a lot of cosplayers from different fighting games, and from how the thread is going, it seems like there's a good mix :)
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=202305

xShadow-Lightx
06-01-2010, 10:47 PM
That is so awesome... Is it ok if a friend of mine and myself if you could get pics of us as Kuroshitsuji cosplayers for day 2 which is July 2nd after the Bleach Gathering? We can be the odd ball at the gathering and meet up with you?

SuzukiMethod
06-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Whoa O_O I didn't realize i'd be so popular. You guys are so amazing and supportive. I'm working out everything So I can do whatever it takes to try and get everyone in. Thank you all so much! So far the new deal is this. My grandma exchanged our flights so Day 0 after 4 is available as well as day 1! the new scheduale looks like this so far (with my own cosplay shoots to attend)

June 31st -Day 0-
Free (AFTER 4pm)

July 1st -Day 1-
1.Vocaloid- 3pm
2. Free
3.Free

July 2nd -Day 2-
1. 1pm Bleach Gathering
2. 4pm Organization XIII

July 3rd -Day 3- Message me about any other times and I'll see if we can work something out!)
1. 11am Naruto Gathering
2. 3pm Disney
3. 12-1 K-ON

July 4th -Day 4-
1. 1pm- Zombie Gathering
2. Free
3. Free

xShadow-Lightx
06-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Whoa O_O I didn't realize i'd be so popular. You guys are so amazing and supportive. I'm working out everything So I can do whatever it takes to try and get everyone in. Thank you all so much! So far the new deal is this. My grandma exchanged our flights so Day 0 after 4 is available as well as day 1! the new scheduale looks like this so far (with my own cosplay shoots to attend)

June 31st -Day 0-
Free (AFTER 4pm)

July 1st -Day 1-
1.Vocaloid- 3pm
2. Free
3.Free

July 2nd -Day 2-
1. 1pm Bleach Gathering
2. 4pm Organization XIII

1. 11am Naruto Gathering
2. 3pm Disney
3. 12-1 K-ON

July 4th -Day 4-
1. 1pm- Zombie Gathering
2. Free
3. Free

Are you free for a private Kuroshitsuji shoot on day 2 at 3pm? I looked at the link and you're photography isn't bad. My friend likes it. so she and I are hoping if you are free at that time ^^

katx
06-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Yay I see K-On on the list :D Thanks so much!!! Hope to see you there ^___^

katx
06-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Hi Suzuki, we moved our gathering at 1pm... would you still be able to make it? :) If not, I totally understand. Sorry for the short notice!

SuzukiMethod
06-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Katx: Works wonderfully for me :) I'm starting to watch some of the show now to ideas too! I've never seen it before but a friend of mine in Boston dressed up as 'Yui'?

katx
06-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Awesome!!!

That's pretty cool :D Yui's adorable! How do you like the anime so far? I think a couple of us might bring instruments too :)

Ayame Uchiha
06-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Our gathering had to be moved due to the stupid South Hall being taken by registration. So we are now in the West Hall Lobby. The time is still @ 4pm on Day 2

Sorry about the sudden move, but it wouldve happened anyway. ^^;;

heeroyuy135
06-23-2010, 02:32 AM
E-mailed

xloveagain
06-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Hey I'm wondering if you could possibly do a photoshoot for me after the Vocaloid Gathering. I'll be there at the gathering as Deadmaster (ref: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs39/f/2008/333/1/e/dead_master_by_ryoheihuke.jpg). Since the character is rather dark/evil, I was hoping I could have it set later during the day. Possibly in the evening or at night? Your thoughts?

Bunny Dragoon
06-23-2010, 11:59 PM
I'd like to do a private photo shoot on day 2 at 4pm. I'll be dressed up as Mana from Malice Mizer.

StarlitHellsing
06-26-2010, 01:30 AM
If you're going to the midnight tea on thursday could you take a few pictures of the hellsing group there? We've worked really hard on everything and would love some pictures of it.

mewCATmew
06-26-2010, 02:55 PM
I would like to schedule a photoshoot for day 1 if possible?

It'll will be from Final Fantasy 12 (3 characters)
and then another one any other day for Dizzy from guilty gear?
could you pm me if this is possible?

SuzukiMethod
06-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Ayame Uchiha: That's fine! :) Locations aren't a worry for me at all ^_^

heeroyuy135: I'll go check around for that! Just in case my email ate it, message me as well!

xloveagain: Got you in the scheduale! I look foward to taking pics!!! Dead Master's pretty cool. You can find me either as Piplup!Kaito or Fear Garden!Rin. I'm pretty tall so I stand out XD

Bunny Dragoon: Is there another time or day possibly? I have the organization shoot then as well.

StarlitHellsing: I can deffinately see about going to that! It'd be very wicked! I got you in my list!

mewCATmew: Any time before 3 is available on Day 1~ :)

Note: For those who have my number and have been trying to text message me, my Dad cut off texts due to financial issues. I can only do calling. I am sorry for this ^^;

xloveagain
06-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks! I guess I'll meet you at the Vocaloid gathering at 3PM, and we can work things out from there? :)

Ayame Uchiha
06-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Thank you lots ^^ Just so you dont get lost, we made a small move over to the foyer, but we are still in the west hall. Heres a link to the map, we will be in that green triangle area near concourse hall. x3

http://www.anime-expo.org/ax2010/images/maps-lacc-1920x1200.png

StarlitHellsing
06-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Thank you so much! :)