PDA

View Full Version : I need help with this. Any Xena:Warrior Princess cosplayers/fans?

Mira Twilight
09-12-2003, 05:28 PM
I used to be a huge fan of this show when I was a kid, and I was wondering if anyone here ever cosplayed as one of the characters. I want to do a version of Gabrielle eventually when I get the money to go to a local Renn Faire. I wan just wondering if there were any other Xena cosplayers out there, or if anyone could help me with what this costumes made of in materials:
I found a man who made a gorgeous version of this costume online, but he wanted like, fifteen hundred for it. I don't think so....

DarkGunner
09-13-2003, 12:30 AM
Well, Im a bit familiar with the series, but no I haven't cosplayed from it. Her top seems to be just a cut off vest type thing. You could possibly find a pattern for a Renaissance costume that includes a corset looking vest (Joann's actually has them on sale right now with costume patterns) and simply shorten it so it looks like Gabby's. There is no reason to pay $1500 for it. Its a pretty basic design.

Spooky Brew
09-15-2003, 02:27 AM
I was Xena... but that was over 5 years ago, and it's a horrible horrible costume! I think I know the vender your talking about...todd's costumes? I'd kill for his Xena costume, I'm saving up for that one. But Gabby is one hella cool character!

The top wouldn't be too hard, what you could even do is just cover a sports bra in upholstry fabric to get a nice look and just add the eyelets on a seperate piece of fabric and just kinda glue it on, even go to Wallmart and get some nice thick fabric from the dollar table if you can't get any upholstry fabric or anything like that. The skirt is just a basic wrap around, so you could use twill for a good look. The belt would be really easy, just go to a store like 'Wet Seal', they have so many belts that look like that, and just fashion it up. She's not to diificult if you just take everything one by one! I hope that helps a bit and it's great to see another Xena fan out there!!

Mira Twilight
09-15-2003, 03:01 AM
Thanks so much for the info. :D Yeah, they are Todd's costumes I was referring to. Don't get me wrong, his costumes almost made me faint when I first saw the insane amount of accuracy he put into them...lol, but then again, I almost died when I saw the price. His Gabby staff isn't that bad though, so I may hit him up for one of his replicas in the future.^^
His work is so gorgeous, but if I did order one of his costumes, it'd either be Xena or Callisto, since Gabby is simpler material, and I could never work sanely with leather for the others, lol.
Now if only I could find myself a Xena group for next year....>:D

Spooky Brew
09-15-2003, 03:17 AM
If I somehow end up with 2,000 dollars, I may be there! lol
I'd were Xena to Comic-Con every year....it would be a dream *sigh*

Michie
09-21-2003, 05:31 AM
Oh! Me! I haven't done a costume yet (my next project) but I have a couple weapons :X

IluvArgo
09-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Well, you could just get a basic sports bra-like top pattern and then add the detailing in the front. As for the skirt, you could just use a simple pencil skirt pattern and then "attach" the front piece. Make sure you show us if you do it; I am OBSESSIVELY fanatical about Xena and would love to see whatever you do.

((Oh, and, yeah, TODD ROCKS and I can't wait to save up the dough for one of his pieces.))

Rainblossom
09-27-2004, 07:43 PM
If you go to Otakon, I would totally cosplay a Xena character with you. I used to be a big fan, but I kind of lost track of it after a while. I've always loved the costumes, though.

~Little Rai-rai

xfallenangelx
09-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Yeah I agree it does look like a sport bra, you could actually go buy a black or green sports bra and then handsew the different green fabrics onto it. Now remember this is all theoretical... lol.
But anyways, I used to loove Xena! She was my hero. I plan on cosplaying her eventually..
~Anji

MPsy
09-30-2004, 02:28 AM
I hope this helps: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=209166
They were at Comic-Con 2004 and were pretty much the best Xena and Gabby I have seen. Other than the orignal.

I wish I could cosplay at Autolycus...

Artemis495
12-29-2004, 11:12 AM
I recently found a Simplicity pattern that you could use for Gabrielle's top (if you're still working on it :D The pattern name is Full Throttle Angels, and it has pieces for costumes like Charlie's Angels, Lara Croft 2, Catwoman (!) and the like, and each one comes with a laced-front top. The top seems to have some sort of scalloping around the neckline but you should be able to get rid of that pretty easily :bigtu: I'll post the pattern number as soon as I find it.

Edit: The pattern number is Simplicity 4962.