PDA

View Full Version : Buneary (pokemon) ears.

Migitkidd
05-13-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm making ears for a buneary (gajinka) cosplay, but have run into a bit of trouble. The ears, namely, the un-rolled one. In this picture, they are pinned to the model, but seeing as my head isn't styrofoam, this isn't an option. The smaller one is no problem right now, but I dont know if I should sew, glue, velcro, the large one onto the hood.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/YEASTABLES/DSCF3012.jpg

The ear is made out of styrofoam, covered in brown fabric. It is surprisingly light, but its shape makes it top heavy.

[EDIT] yeah, just tried out some things, I realized that this is damn near impossible with ears this size. Everything I try ends up with the ear flopping forward or backward (not in a good way)

Tweed
05-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Maybe you can exchange the styrofoam for strips of paper-mache. It'll still hold it's shape, but be much lighter than the styrofoam, I imagine.

Starflux
05-17-2012, 08:58 AM
i know this has been posted years ago...but anyway...

im having the same sort of problem. ive sewn my buneary ears onto a head band though, and its pretty tight so they wont flop forward or backward....the only problem is that it makes the headband fall forward :(