PDA

View Full Version : Using a clip-on ponytail as a braid?

LaurynTheHylian
05-16-2010, 12:10 AM
My fiance wants to cosplay a guy with a medium-ish length braid.
Will a clip-on ponytail work well as a braid? What about one that you tie into your hair?

Thanks.

Saki Ree
05-16-2010, 07:36 AM
It depends...

What character are you planning on cosplaying (please, post a reference picture).

SolarMisae
05-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Hmm, if you have a reference image of the character it'd be helpful.

Anyways, my friend just got a wig with one of those clip-in ponytails today actually. Hers will be worn down, however we did braid it to prevent it from tangling while it was stored. I find that those clips mostly exist because a lot of longer wings can't be ponytailed up high with out the cap showing, though when braided they don't look so great...

I guess it'd also depend on what kinda clip you're using. The one we have is a claw type of clip, and the way it's designed is so the clip is hidden when the hair falls over it, though when braided the clip kinda shows, so this may not work for you if this is the type you're trying to use..

LaurynTheHylian
05-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Yun from Street Fighter (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100218161746/streetfighter/images/f/f4/Yun3sportrait.gif)

Hmm, if you have a reference image of the character it'd be helpful.

Anyways, my friend just got a wig with one of those clip-in ponytails today actually. Hers will be worn down, however we did braid it to prevent it from tangling while it was stored. I find that those clips mostly exist because a lot of longer wings can't be ponytailed up high with out the cap showing, though when braided they don't look so great...

I guess it'd also depend on what kinda clip you're using. The one we have is a claw type of clip, and the way it's designed is so the clip is hidden when the hair falls over it, though when braided the clip kinda shows, so this may not work for you if this is the type you're trying to use..

Sounds like the clip kind may not work.