PDA

View Full Version : Paint for Rubber shoe soles?

heatherdera
05-16-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm working on a Sawada Tsunayoshi (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!) costume and I bought a pair of Converse shoes. The problem with the shoes is that the rubber soles have a black and a pink line running across the perimeter of the soles. In all honesty, the shoes would match my jacket well, since the jacket itself has pink and black on it in highlights, but it would be inaccurate, because the character's shoes have solid white soles.

My question is, what kind of paint would be best to cover the pink and black stripes? I know acrylic would chip off and look weird after walking around in them, so that's out of the question. Does anyone have a good experience with painting the soles of shoes they can share?
(Also, the bottoms of the shoes will remain brown, since that would be accurate for the shoes I am trying to emulate.)

Thanks in advance, Cosplay.com. :3

A.R.C.
05-16-2010, 07:34 PM
no one lookes at the bottom of your shoes :D
but you could always try either mixing acrylic with fabric glue.......or possibly use acrylic and add a clear ceilant (cant spell) over it :/
hopefully that can help you

rubyredrose
05-16-2010, 11:34 PM
I've not used it myself, but I hear good thing about using Plasidip (http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip) to paint plastic onto the rubber.