PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Gear

JPoe2915
09-13-2003, 11:38 PM
Hello kinda new here and I want to cosplay as charcters from Naruto. I heard about Official Naruto gear but i can't find them all at the same place and for a good price. So far I've have seen the Head bands, gloves, naruto's jacket, Kakashi's vest, and Sasuke wrist protectors. Does anyone now where all of these at the same place and with a credit card?

Thanks in advance!

Anne Packrat
09-14-2003, 02:35 AM
I haven't seen them all at the same place, sorry. Unless you count Ebay as all at the same place.

ServerKiller
09-14-2003, 04:51 PM
Ebay.com my friend, thats all i can say.

Shinobu
09-14-2003, 08:12 PM
I saw it on Ebay once... Good luck finding it.

Anne Packrat
09-14-2003, 09:00 PM
Actually, I just found this site while looking for Kirby toys (which they have a lot of). They have the vest and headband.
http://www.toysnjoys.com/narutoapparel.html

Brunhilde
09-14-2003, 09:25 PM
If you are going to buy all the gear instead of making it, be prepared to be spending a lot of money.

I wouldn't be able to justify it myself.

Daala
09-15-2003, 07:24 AM
Even if you buy it got to ebay. The vest is way cheaper there. I've just made my own total cost $20!

Oshi
09-15-2003, 09:25 AM
I got all my stuff on Ebay. Cept for the vest. That was a Yahoo Japan auction >.>

The vest... is not cheap on Ebay. It runs for at LEAST $80.
I got mine for 5600. (which was sorta a rip. The tag read 5000 >.<) Which is about... oh... $50. Plus S&H came to $76.

I got a pair of the one metal head protectors for $70... Got my better one (bandana-style) for $35. Actually bought the gloves at Otakon for $35, which is about what you find them on Ebay. Wristguards run for $40-60. The official pouch, which looks nothing like the one in the show, but is cool nonetheless, goes for $20-30.

Ebay is your god. Learn to love it. ;D

ACXchan
09-15-2003, 03:53 PM
Hmm... I got both Bandai head protector and the Konoha bandana style head protector for $25 and $30 respectively @_@ Both on eBay too. I've seen the vest go for $70-$80, Sasuke's wrist protectors for $60 (though IMO these can be made quite easily), and the gloves with metal plates go for $50. All of these on eBay by the way ^ ^

I also bought carbon steel black kunais for $4 each. They don't look *exactly* like the ones in the series but they're carbon steel (live steel) and they're black with circles on the ends, good enough for me @D@ I bought them from a knife distributor XD

deepSetthinker
09-15-2003, 07:23 PM
man, i got hella ripped on ebay for my forehead protector. it was one of those Konoha ones bandana style. lol it was about... $38 but shipping was $12... T_T so it came out to $50.... ::grr::

i think it's best if you just make the Sasuke arm guards. it was probably the easiest part of the costume.... LOL

but um... you can check here: http://animaxis.com/en

their stuff isn't always in stock, but they DO have some good ... stuff. i ran out of words. XP goodluck! ^^!

kerochan
09-17-2003, 11:14 AM
which character from Naruto are you planning on going as? Are you going to attempt to make your shoes?

fireyoukai16
09-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Hi! I just wanted to know which head protector would i be better off with for my sakura costume im planning..the Bandai version (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2192597490&category=3962) or the these ones (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3242541539&category=1345)?

Marth
09-21-2003, 04:42 AM
toysnjoys.com.... good place, I bought stuff from them before... thanks for letting me know they have that, I hate bidding wars on items over $100 on ebay... especially when I'm in a hurry cuz I need the vest and band NOW for Ani Magic

ACXchan
09-21-2003, 04:42 PM
Fire Youkai, either of those head protectors (Konoha or Bandai) would work for Sakura, unless you have a small head because *neither* of those bands will bend correctly to fit a smaller head without doing damage to the metal. I guess you should aim for whichever one is cheapest for you ^ ^

fireyoukai16
09-21-2003, 05:14 PM
Fire Youkai, either of those head protectors (Konoha or Bandai) would work for Sakura, unless you have a small head because *neither* of those bands will bend correctly to fit a smaller head without doing damage to the metal. I guess you should aim for whichever one is cheapest for you ^ ^
Kay' thanks ^_^ the only thing is..the Bandai one sorta looks like a weird blue in the picture. And the Konoha one...do you have to fold it over or something?? ^^;

Thanks
~~FireYoukai

Rinslet~
09-21-2003, 07:26 PM
geez... im looking too...

ACXchan
09-21-2003, 09:08 PM
Fire Youkai, and anyone else looking into the head protectors for that matter XD The Bandai ones aren't like bandanas. They're a thick piece of blue cloth with a metal plate on it. The Bandai ones are good for anyone who wears the forehead protector in a regular plate style, like Naruto and Sasuke. The Konoha ones are actual bandanas with a metal plate stuck to it so you can wear those to cover your entire head Hayate style. The Konoha ones also have a darker blue material than the Bandai ones. Overall I think the Konoha ones are of better quality than the Bandai ones but Konoha protectors cost twice as much as the Bandai one n.n

xrj
09-21-2003, 10:23 PM
The Konoha ones are actual bandanas with a metal plate stuck to it so you can wear those to cover your entire head Hayate style. The Konoha ones also have a darker blue material than the Bandai ones. Overall I think the Konoha ones are of better quality than the Bandai ones but Konoha protectors cost twice as much as the Bandai one n.n

yeah...the prices are a little bit overboard. but check ebay frequently there's a few sellers whose Buy It Now price is $30-$40.

but yes i agree that this would be a better investment than the crappy velcro or tie-around bandai ones.

fireyoukai16
09-22-2003, 05:12 PM
The Konoha ones are actual bandanas with a metal plate stuck to it so you can wear those to cover your entire head Hayate style.
Oooh I see ^_^ So in other words to make it work for Sakura you would have to fold it in somehow...that'd work, right??

..geh...sorry if im being a complete idiot ^^;

ACXchan
09-22-2003, 06:33 PM
Aww no problems, Fire Youkai XD Yes you would have to fold it a little bit which is why I think if you can't find a decently priced Konoha one then you can just buy the Bandai kine because Sakura doesn't require the entire bandana.

xrj's right though, Konoha ones are a better investment ^ ^;; Just don't end up buying one for $70, some people actually price it that high x_x;

fireyoukai16
09-23-2003, 04:06 PM
Okay ^__^,Thanks for all your help!!!! XD

TyJILDown
09-23-2003, 08:40 PM
I used the cheaper metal plate one for my Sakura costume...and I recommend that headband over the nicer one for that cosplay. Just do not get the cheap child's velcro one! *shuggers*

The plate on that one bends easier to adapt to the curve of your head and it doesn't slip as much as the nicer one does. I tried my boyfriend's "silky" one and with my wig on it just slipped off...

DigitalCactus
09-28-2003, 10:08 PM
hooray! now I dont have to drop $50+ for a headband!