PDA

View Full Version : Costume Help-Near/Nate River

tyrantpig
05-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Hiya people, I am trying to put together a costume of Near from Death Note.
I found a shirt,I found a wig from the wig store on here but i haven't found a pair of pants yet and i can't find them anywhere D:
anyone want to help as i don't even know what they are called?

mousegirl
05-23-2010, 09:07 PM
I had to make his pants, since I am not sure where you can find white pants.

ElegantLolita
05-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Look at a hipster store like American Apparel they probably have white pants.

.juLIa.
05-23-2010, 11:38 PM
You'll probably have to make them yourself. If you're worried about that, the good thing is that the design is very simple. You could also try looking anywhere that sells pajamas for a pair of plain white pajama pants; you might have luck with that.
Edit: I just googled "white pajama pants" and found at least a few results. If you don't want to make them, you can definitely find a place to buy them that way. Just make sure they don't have any extra details, and aren't too fitting.

Hope this helps. :)

tyrantpig
05-24-2010, 07:23 AM
Hmm making them myself......That may be a bit tricky for me haha
American Apparel would be extremely difficult as I am in South Australia ;D
I'll try at the kids clothing shop, they sell pajamas I think haha and yeah I need to make sure i get the measurements right otherwise that would be incredibly bad O__O hahahaha Thanks Guys/Girls :D hahaha

Aces
05-24-2010, 08:18 AM
Go to a Uniform store that sells scrubs. They should have white scrubs pants there.

tyrantpig
05-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Hey I got Death note:R2 the other day and just relised that the majority of the time, Near is wearing light blue jeans D: so maybe I will not need white pants haha but yet then again, I have never worn a pair of jeans before D:

Aces
05-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Yeah, a lot of people overlook that fact. Both would be canon; just depends on which you looked at.

.juLIa.
05-31-2010, 12:03 AM
^What.
Either I never realized this, or it completely slipped my mind. D:
tyrantpig: You should be fine with jeans, then. XD Maybe you should do that version of the outfit, since apparently, no one else ever does? Haha, might be fun.

BsWN
07-15-2010, 05:50 AM
I plan on cosplaying Near in the future, would it be possible to get a pair of PJs in a light color, then bleach them white?

Just wondering, because that would make my life so much easier ^.^

pyrodancer
07-20-2010, 10:50 AM
I plan on cosplaying Near in the future, would it be possible to get a pair of PJs in a light color, then bleach them white?

Just wondering, because that would make my life so much easier ^.^

i don't see why bleach wouldn't work.... of course in my case, bleach only seems to work when i don't want it on something! XP

i've got the white pants from my aikido outfit, back when i actually used to do aikido. do you think those pants would work for Near's white pants?? O.o

BsWN
07-20-2010, 10:54 AM
I don't know who Aikido is, so if you posted some reference pics that's help ^.^

pyrodancer
07-20-2010, 11:42 AM
lol, i meant the martial arts aikido. the uniform is the same as karate:
http://www.shotokantc.com/images/karate.jpg
(i'm actually planning on taking my uniform with me for my Honey Sempai cosplay to D*Con ^^)

i used to practice aikido so i still have the uniform, and i was thinking that those white pants might work for Near.... ??

BsWN
07-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Ohh.... I feel stupid now >.< And I'm not sure, they'd have to be longer then they are in the picture, and what material are they made of? I think Near's PJs are made of cotton...

pyrodancer
07-20-2010, 12:34 PM
i'm pretty sure that karate pants are cotton, but they're thicker than scrubs and pj's cuz they need to be durable. i think that the pants i have are longer because i'm so stinkin short! lol i haven't worn them for like half a year, since i quit aikido, so i'll have to check when i get home! XP

Juliapop
07-20-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't know if I'd get pajama pants in another color and try to bleach them. They might come out splotchy and a weird off-white color. It might be doable, though. Not sure.
Near's outfit is very simple, so if you decide to make it yourself, it shouldn't be too difficult. :)

As for the aikido pants: those might work, depending on how they fit you (look at a picture of Near - the pants should be a little baggy, but not overly so.) I'd also be concerned about being able to get a shirt made of the exact same material.
(pyrodancer- Did you see my suggestion about you cosplaying Near? XD)

pyrodancer
07-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Well, I managed to find my aikido pants, but they don't work as well as I hoped (although if I wanted to do a half-assed remake of Near, I suppose it'd work. lol) I took pics of it (with white shirt for Near-ish effect. haha) what do you guys think?? O.o Sorry for the blurryness, my camera wasn't cooperating too well :P
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac203/pyrodancer063710/7-20-102.jpg
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac203/pyrodancer063710/7-20-101.jpg

*EDIT*
I was at Walmart earlier today, they had white scrubs ^^ They had one pocket on it tho, but I think you'd be able to remove it cuz it was one of those pockets that's just an extra piece of material sewn on top.